The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No available research slot.

• manoswoolf
    manoswoolf
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here but i resolve it with the chat command as silvereyes said.
  • Danuviel
    Danuviel
    ✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Alternatively, my addon AutoResearch does this automatically whenever you go to a craft station with a bugged timer: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1652-AutoResearch.html

Awesome addon, @silvereyes! I didn't know anything like that was available. It did exactly what you said it would and now all my research is progressing beautifully. Thanks!

• Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    The following chat command force cancels all bugged research lines while at a craft station:
    /script local s=GetCraftingInteractionType() for l=1,GetNumSmithingResearchLines(s) do for i=1,select(3,GetSmithingResearchLineInfo(s,l)) do if select(3,GetSmithingResearchLineTraitInfo(s,l,i)) and select(2,GetSmithingResearchLineTraitTimes(s,l,i)) then CancelSmithingTraitResearch(s,l,i) end end end

EDIT: to clarify, the above command does *not* cancel all research. Only the research line and trait that is stuck.

FYI: My research bugged out again and this script has not rectified it. It's actually the same one hand sword that has bugged out.
  • Malyck
    Malyck
    ✭✭✭
    I've reported this bug multiple times on both Morrowind live and HotR PTS, but I guess it hasn't been fixed.

The issue is that sometimes a research timer gets reset once research is completed, even though the research is complete. The combination of active timer + complete status leaves the system in limbo, unable to start new research until the research line with the timer is canceled, but unable to cancel the timer due to some check in the cancel research UI.

Thankfully, there is a way to cancel the bugged timer with script commands.

The following chat command force cancels all bugged research lines while at a craft station:
    /script local s=GetCraftingInteractionType() for l=1,GetNumSmithingResearchLines(s) do for i=1,select(3,GetSmithingResearchLineInfo(s,l)) do if select(3,GetSmithingResearchLineTraitInfo(s,l,i)) and select(2,GetSmithingResearchLineTraitTimes(s,l,i)) then CancelSmithingTraitResearch(s,l,i) end end end

Alternatively, my addon AutoResearch does this automatically whenever you go to a craft station with a bugged timer: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1652-AutoResearch.html

EDIT: to clarify, the above command does *not* cancel all research. Only the research line and trait that is stuck.

Thank you for sharing this, your script worked perfectly for me!!
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    Script posted by @silvereyes is great, but only resets the research timer if you can't do it in-game(like in my case), it does not solve the research issue. Once you start researching again(in my case, 1h sword for one of my chars and shield for the other - these are bugged for me, don't know if the whole blacksmith and woodworking lines are bugged or only these particular pieces of equipment), if you logout and then login again, the problem is back. Hope the Monday patch fixes this issue.
  • Malyck
    Malyck
    ✭✭✭
    The script cleared it up totally for me. I had finished my previous research item when the bug hit me, so I did not have a bugged item or the previous research consumed the bugged item maybe? Anyway, was able to start researching another item and verified it is still going after a restart. Strange bug though, I am trying to catch up on wood research on three different toons, and the bug only affected one of them? Hopefully they fix the issue for good on Monday. Thanks again to @silvereyes.

Edited by Malyck on August 19, 2017 1:30PM
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do I input this command if I have the crafting window open?
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Kahina wrote: »

FYI: My research bugged out again and this script has not rectified it. It's actually the same one hand sword that has bugged out.

use the script again but research something else, if you have other things to research. Same thing happened with my 2h powered mace, but has let me research chests after doing the script again. And so far the chest research is still going.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    FYI: When it looks like that the scrip is not working. Try to relog. After relog the slot was free for my char.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • jarrettcrhoadesb14_ESO
    I am having the same problem. (Turned in bug report.)

Ran script -- no effect. Re-logged -- no effect :(

Error is occurring in Blacksmithing, for multiple items and Traits. Almost as if the slot doesn't really exist...
  • jarrettcrhoadesb14_ESO
    I am having the same problem. (Turned in bug report.)

Ran script -- no effect. Re-logged -- no effect :(

Error is occurring in Blacksmithing, for multiple items and Traits. Almost as if the slot doesn't really exist...

Retried the script while standing at a crafting station. Worked like a champ. Thanks!

Clearly, I lack the ability to properly follow directions ;)
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    use the script again but research something else, if you have other things to research. Same thing happened with my 2h powered mace, but has let me research chests after doing the script again. And so far the chest research is still going.

Thanks, but my issue appears to be a little different.

I have research going (one hand sword, decisive) with 1-2 days remaining. This research does not show up in the in-game UI as active. Instead, the in-game UI shows that same 1x research slot available for Blacksmithing but won't let me start anything. It won't let me start anything as there is still one ongoing.

Your script did get it to show up in a crafting add-on as still going, where it also wasn't previously evident, but not in the standard in-game UI's.

TL;DR. My issue isn't one of not being able to research. It's one of existing research not showing in the UI.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fixed an issue that temporarily prevented you from researching items, caused by canceling the same research twice in a row.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, it's nice to see a fix in the patch notes, but I don't think that was the whole story. I've been getting this bug ever since Morrowind, before research canceling was even a thing.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This is still broken today after patch 3.1.6, which was kinda supposed to fix the problem.
    I have 1/3 research slots in use for blacksmithing, but am unable to research anything at the moment ("no available research slot").
    Today's patch was supposed to fix the issue where research slots are unavailable if someone cancelled research. However, my issue occurs sometimes when I have NOT cancelled any research. It appears to be intermittent, whenever you are researching multiple items and some have a different research time.

There are two workarounds: a script provided by @silvereyes, and otherwise you could also only research items that have the same research time concurrently, so that they all expire at the same time. (I have not had problems if all three research slots are open).
  • Wylf
    Wylf
    Soul Shriven
    I second this. Having the same problem still happening.
    otherwise you could also only research items that have the same research time concurrently, so that they all expire at the same time. (I have not had problems if all three research slots are open).

Although this is not true to me. Had 2 out of 2 blacksmith research slots open (I'm still fairly low level :-P) and can only use one of those. The other constantly gives me the "no research slot available" error, despite there being only 1/2 displayed.
  • sphane
    sphane
    ✭✭✭
    When i read patch note, was not confident for the fix... Bingo.
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    i'm supposed to have started this morning an arm cops research. It doesn't show it as researching, but when i select the trait i was aimin g for, it says "x - cancel research". So it's still bugged but different ...
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After todays patch my wifes research was still bugged - researching 2 out of 3 not able to select research on the 3rd.
    Ran your script and it fixed our problem. Thank you.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still Broken
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    sigh
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for taking the time to report this, everyone. Just letting you know we are investigating this issue.

No, it's not fixed. Still getting the exact same error. 'No Available Research Slots'

This disappoints me greatly. :(

EDIT: I got sick of waiting and decided to not wait for ZOS to fix the problem so I applied the script from Silvereyes and lo and behold, it is now working correctly. I am sure the underlying bug is still there so hopefully ZOS engineers are working to fix it form reoccurring, but thank you Silvereyes for providing a workaround.
    Edited by MrGarlic on August 21, 2017 9:13PM
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    Not fixed. This is post patch. That research in the image on one hand sword decisive that can't be cancelled and isn't happening has about one day to go. That is the same research item that prompted this thread in the first place. Until it was suggested as a work around for this problem, I never tried to cancel any research.

At this point, I'm going to let it finish and see what happens next.

zhKZcuS.png
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Kahina on August 21, 2017 8:26PM
  • PRX_Menion
    PRX_Menion
    ✭✭✭
    The script that Silvereyes posted fixed the problem after a week of not being able to research new items. Funny how all of us who are having issues never canceled any research. (Not even sure why you would want to do that in the first place and lose the item and the progress...)
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've reported this bug multiple times on both Morrowind live and HotR PTS, but I guess it hasn't been fixed.

The issue is that sometimes a research timer gets reset once research is completed, even though the research is complete. The combination of active timer + complete status leaves the system in limbo, unable to start new research until the research line with the timer is canceled, but unable to cancel the timer due to some check in the cancel research UI.

The addon fixed mine.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • delarb14_ESO
    delarb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I have multiple characters affected by this bug affecting Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking stations. ESO charges 400 crowns per Instant Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking Research scroll to reduce research time on a project by 1 day. I certainly hope that ESO keeps this in mind after the multiple days this bug has been in effect...
  • delarb14_ESO
    delarb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, just letting you know we have a fix for this issue coming in Monday's incremental patch.

I am still affected by this bug... Should I open a ticket because this patch has not solved my problem.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnork wrote: »

After todays patch my wifes research was still bugged - researching 2 out of 3 not able to select research on the 3rd.
    Ran your script and it fixed our problem. Thank you.

@silvereyes Thank you!!!!! Your script let my research start finally after waiting quite a while :)

Hopefully the next patch actually fixes this so I don't need to save a copy of the script!
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Erris
    Erris
    ✭✭✭
    I had this problem too, but ran the script while standing at the blacksmith station and it worked. It didn't show anything on screen, but after doing it I was able to research an item.
  • Oddball666
    Oddball666
    ✭✭
    Monday's patch (yesterday) did not fix the problem
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had this happen to me on my warden. I've a free clothier research slot that emptied as the timer expired on my last researdch. I never cancelled any prior research (Monday's bug). Yet I'm unable to load anything into my open research slots now.