Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Should Zos lower the price for crowns?

Mappy2kx
Mappy2kx
✭✭✭
Should Zos lower the prices with 15-30% for crowns? They are very expensive! Pls dont count the " crown on sale" because we know that is the real price for what Zos want!
Edited by Mappy2kx on August 24, 2017 8:23PM
M

Should Zos lower the price for crowns? 124 votes

Yes PLSSS !
81%
nexxus_ESOk9mousejsarthur_ESOMojmirBelegnoleEhrlichcoleb14_ESOKlemenziusb16_ESOmoutonFWSWBNdanielclarkb16_ESOAlienSlofSheytaFlynnnTeoAmodiArcaneBlueIdinuseThaumicTroneonGTech_1Rajajshka 101 votes
NO , I dont want to save money!
18%
SlurgDeadlyRecluseSurragardArobainQueoYulsTurelusKhenarthianitajoneb17_ESOElsonsoEasily_LostADarkloreDefiltednotimetocareO_LYKOSOrjixFoolishHumanLehnuinHugsAlotOfBosmerButterbeans 23 votes
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    Yes, For Gods name !
    M
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is againt forum rules to give the response I want to...

Why would they lower the cost of crowns themselves? Aside from sales that is nonsense from a business perspective.

Lower item costs maybe, but even then people are buying enough that they justify the high costs
    Options
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    IB4 bust into a flame war between smart people who know how businesses are ran and silly people who want the world to burn....

wait does that still count as being IB4?
    Options
  • jadec22
    jadec22
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by jadec22 on August 24, 2017 9:28PM
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A single crown is less than 1 cent USD. That's pretty damn cheap.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    Sigtric wrote: »
    And what can you buy with one cent ?! Lol ! You need a least 200 cents - crowns to buy something in Eso shop !
    M
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think a lot of crown store items are expensive for what they are, to the point where there's many I've considered buying and then decided they're not worth the money to me.

But looking at my billing history it's been a couple of years since I paid full price for a crown pack (I stock up during a sale so I have them when I want them), so I guess for me they basically have reduced the price.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mappy2kx wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »
    And what can you buy with one cent ?! Lol ! You need a least 200 cents - crowns to buy something in Eso shop !

That's still cheap

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real questions are...
    • is anyone forcing you to buy the service?
    • Is this service a basic need? It is not, and you should be able to live (and play ESO) without it.
    Supply and demand go hand by hand like lovers. If the prices are those you see it's because there are enough people willing to pay them. And this keeps the game running, including for those you do not buy.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Polls
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    How , to nerf them ?
    M
    Options
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    They offer Crowns sales but items cost twice their original price (Remember those days when they sold 3 costumes pack at 700 crowns?) ... so... Who is winning here?
    Edited by Delpi on August 25, 2017 9:22AM
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
    Options
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    I think the crowns themselves are priced fine.

Its the price of items in the crown store that needs to change.

Things just keep getting more expensive, and its annoyingly greedy
    Edited by TaintedKurse on September 30, 2017 5:31AM
    Options
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    They offer Crowns sales but items cost twice their original price (Remember those days when they sold 3 costumes pack at 700 crowns?) ... so... Who is winning here?
    Game Theory tells us this is a win win: the customer gets the items he wants at a price he considers reasonable and is (chemically prized by his brain) satisfied; the Company profits (it's not an ONG) and keeps the show running.

By the way, there are still packages of three costumes.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
    Options
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    Indeedd ! There are very expensive items in the shop ! One dlc is 1500 crowns and a costume 2000 ... Looll !! :(((
    M
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are optional purchases, so I don't see a reason for them to lower the normal price.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • peda
    peda
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    They should for sure.

I'd actually buy them. I'd buy WAY more during the sales, and I would actually buy some when not during crown sales. I'm sure they'd see a huge boost in number of purchases from most of the playerbase if the price dropped, even a little.
    AD Nightblade - EP Sorcerer - DC Warden
    Options
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    Yes lower the price to buy crowns lower the price a lot for crown stuff 30 crown for a rock ??

Comeon that's insane....

O let's us sell those items back and get our crown or irl cash back
    Options
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    Sheyta wrote: »
    Yes lower the price to buy crowns lower the price a lot for crown stuff 30 crown for a rock ??

Comeon that's insane....

O let's us sell those items back and get our crown or irl cash back

Loooll ! Truee ! And its not a real rock :))) are only pixels :))) damnnn !! I bought the game with 15 british pounds and after I payed another 100 for crowns :)) to buy DLCs :(( and after a year was the pack with all dlc at almost half of the amount of crowns when I payed for them :(((
    M
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    If they had their "on sale" price always, i would buy lots more. 20 euros for 5500 crowns seems a good price to me.
    Options
  • GrimClaw
    GrimClaw
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    For me too. Refused to buy for 35€ but bought 5x5500 in sale.
    Options
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    Hopefuly they will lower the prices !
    M
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    Thing is, it's not <really> like a physical business with raw materials etc counting against profit. This is digital currency that pays for pixels. Once the initial programming is done (cost there of the designer/programmer acknowledged), anything is pure profit.

So the only thing preventing them actually lowering prices, either of crowns or in the store, is what they think people are willing to pay.

They don't seem to care about people playing with the economy in game so....
    Options
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Thing is, it's not <really> like a physical business with raw materials etc counting against profit. This is digital currency that pays for pixels. Once the initial programming is done (cost there of the designer/programmer acknowledged), anything is pure profit.

So the only thing preventing them actually lowering prices, either of crowns or in the store, is what they think people are willing to pay.

They don't seem to care about people playing with the economy in game so....

TRUE man ..true !
    M
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, ok, let's lower the price of crowns by half. And then they'll increase the crown cost of each item by two-fold. It's a virtual currency whose purchasing power is entirely at their discretion.

Maybe you should ask ZOS about the steady inflation of crown cost? Once upon a time, they released exotic mounts for what at the time was an unprecedented price of 2.5K crowns. Now that seems like the baseline price for mounts and many will go for 4-5K.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Yes, ok, let's lower the price of crowns by half. And then they'll increase the crown cost of each item by two-fold. It's a virtual currency whose purchasing power is entirely at their discretion.

Maybe you should ask ZOS about the steady inflation of crown cost? Once upon a time, they released exotic mounts for what at the time was an unprecedented price of 2.5K crowns. Now that seems like the baseline price for mounts and many will go for 4-5K.

Ah.... I remember when mounts were cheap, pets were something like 700 crowns, and rare motifs didn't cost the price of a new video game.
    Options
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "no, I don't want to save money" lmao

What kind of biased poll is this.

No I don't think they should lower the prices. Annnnnnd, I do fine to save money by having Eso plus and simply not buying crowns all the time. If anything, I think they should increase the price just so people who like to complain have something else to complain about.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
    Options
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    inded , the inflation is very bad for the crowns.My big disapointment was when Morowind was on market and I couldnt buy it with crowns, only with real money! :(( veryy bad bad bad !
    M
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not buying crowns nor crown store items is a far more efficient way to save money than buying whatever discounted or cheaper crowns.

ZOS do what they want, people do what they want.
    Just remember : buying & complaining doesn't work.
    Not buying works.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 27, 2017 9:10AM
    Options
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    indeed man :)))))))))))))
    M
    Options