The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Should Zos lower the price for crowns?

• Ehrlichcoleb14_ESO
    Yes PLSSS !
    $35 dollar each merchant and banker npcs.

It's not the price of crowns that's the problem here. It's the value of those crowns. spending $80 gets you next to nothing for the value of the money. Not to mention they have gambling crates. If those crates costed $50 cents each? Good deal, more inclusion. Happier community. But those crates are $3 each.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO , I dont want to save money!
    I like saving money. But I would prefer adjusting the price of items to cost fewer crowns (like in the old days) over reducing the price of crowns.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • spisarevski
    spisarevski
    ✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    Should they? Yeah, probably. Will they? Nah, highly unlikely.

Part of the community who want a lower price also keep on spending countless dollars on crowns every month, which makes a lower price nigh impossible.
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    sad , but true !
    M
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Should imaginary currency exchanged for pretend things be cheaper?"

If you want to complain about crown prices, it makes more sense to adjust the crown price of items rather than the dollar price of crowns. Reducing the dollar price of crowns devalues subscribing, while reducing the crown price of items benefits all parties.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    I predict the prices will go up, for a few reasons.

- less new players joining the game
    - Some players leaving the game
    - Some players spending less

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I predict the prices will go up, for a few reasons.

- less new players joining the game
    - Some players leaving the game
    - Some players spending less

???
    All your 3 parameters (assuming they are true) lead to less demand.
    Less demand leads to lower prices, not higher.

L2economics.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 28, 2017 4:24PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    ???

L2economics.

I don't need to L2economics, this is just my personal prediction.

Yes lowering prices would increase sales, but if you have less people starting the game and more people moving to different games, then lowering prices will still not satisfy the money hungry company. I think if less people are buying the game then they might increase the cost of the DLCs, or crown store items to make up for it.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ???

L2economics.

Yes lowering prices would increase sales, but if you have less people starting the game and more people moving to different games, then lowering prices will still not satisfy the money hungry company. I think if less people are buying the game then they might increase the cost of the DLCs, or crown store items to make up for it.

But that's not how it works.
    You can "predict" all you want that it's going to rain even if there are zero clouds, it won't rain.
    Less demand leads to lower prices, not higher. It's about as strict and reliable as the laws of physics. It's not the company who decides on prices, it's the MARKET.

Let's put it this way. You have 2x Dreugh Wax sitting in your guild store at 5K each, waiting for customers. They don't sell. Do you really think relisting them at 10K each (thinking you'll sell only one but reach the same profit in the end) will work ? How's your wax that wasn't selling for 5K going to sell for 10K ?

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 28, 2017 5:15PM
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    ???

L2economics.

But that's not how it works.
    You can "predict" all you want that it's going to rain even if there are zero clouds, it won't rain.
    Less demand leads to lower prices, not higher. It's about as strict and reliable as the laws of physics. It's not the company who decides on prices, it's the MARKET.

Let's put it this way. You have 2x Dreugh Wax sitting in your guild store at 5K each, waiting for customers. They don't sell. Do you really think relisting them at 10K each (thinking you'll sell only one but reach the same profit in the end) will work ? How's your wax that wasn't selling for 5K going to sell for 10K ?
    True ! I agree with you ! Zos abuses us ! He knows are a lot of players in the game , and are probably a lot of customers among them ! :(((
    M
  • Stonyfoot
    Stonyfoot
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS should make crowns free and also give me a magical unicorn mount which poops rainbows and legendary set gear!
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real questions are...
    • is anyone forcing you to buy the service?
    • Is this service a basic need? It is not, and you should be able to live (and play ESO) without it.
    Supply and demand go hand by hand like lovers. If the prices are those you see it's because there are enough people willing to pay them. And this keeps the game running, including for those you do not buy.

Down with the capitalist stranglehold! Free crowns for all!!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weighted poll options are weighted.

I don't think ZOS needs to lower Crown costs, just lower the cost of items.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    The real questions are...
    • is anyone forcing you to buy the service?
    • Is this service a basic need? It is not, and you should be able to live (and play ESO) without it.
    Supply and demand go hand by hand like lovers. If the prices are those you see it's because there are enough people willing to pay them. And this keeps the game running, including for those you do not buy.

Yeeeeyyyy !!!! Freedoommm !!! Vive la France ! Vive la Revolution !!!
    M
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free crowns means the show stops. And we don't want that, now do we?
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    Free crowns means the show stops. And we don't want that, now do we?

Indeed ! " Thee shoowww mustt goeesss onnnn !!! "
    M
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    They've just increased the price of crowns over what they were before the sale, as well as added larger packs of them.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • HugsAlotOfBosmer
    I see now reason to, and the price is a good one. I am fine with it
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    They've just increased the price of crowns over what they were before the sale, as well as added larger packs of them.

I'm pretty sure the 5500 crown packs were $39.99 USD before the sale. But wow, those 14,000 and 21,000 crown packs are going to make some big spenders happy.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm pretty sure the 5500 crown packs were $39.99 USD before the sale. But wow, those 14,000 and 21,000 crown packs are going to make some big spenders happy.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The sale is over and the prices are the same as before the sale. Do not spread lies...
    The part where we have bigger crown packs is true though :)

• Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they should cut the price in half for crowns, and double how many crowns things cost. That way math!
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    Lol ! That thing with the crown sale is a joke! In fact , thats the real price , what Zos expect to obtain !
    M
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    My rule of thumb is if I can buy it in the game with gold or farm it I will go that way. If I can only get it with crowns then I ask my self do I really need it to play the game? Most of the time I pass on the items (mostly because they cost too much for what they are). You don't need 90% of the crown store items to play and enjoy the game. They are up selling you on items that you really don't need.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !

The sale is over and the prices are the same as before the sale. Do not spread lies...

I'm not spreading lies. The prices in British coin have gone up.

There is a whole world out there beyond America, you know.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not spreading lies. The prices in British coin have gone up.

There is a whole world out there beyond America, you know.

Lol, I'm not in America.
    The base price in euros has remained the same.
    There's a whole continent out there beyond Great Britain... it's called Europe... oh, but you've chosen to not be a part of it any more. That's why your currency is weakening and prices based in Euros are going up for you. Sorry...

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 31, 2017 9:57AM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    And I didn't vote to leave. Bad idea and now I suffer for that which was not my choice.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I didn't vote to leave. Bad idea and now I suffer for that which was not my choice.

And I'm genuinely sorry for all of you in that situation. Unfortunately this is not the place to discuss such things.

Also please accept my apologies for calling you a spreader of lies, I hadn't thought of GBP currency variations and thought you were trolling when you weren't.

• AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    :)

Apology accepted! We both made assumptions, Bad Idea hehe!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes PLSSS !
    Obviously if given the choice everyone would say yes if store prices stayed the same, but in reality all that would happen is that items prices would be raised.
    Honestly think that crowns should be done away with and then I can just *** buy the stuff, the difference between buying a pack for £30 and spending £30 upfront is no difference to me, it's just some psychological business strategy *** buying fake currency so it's harder to track exchange rates and real world values.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ