Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not getting Alchemy writs from the boards

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happening to me too.

One theory about the mechanism:
    • Suppose you're doing one of the daily quests that gives everybody the same selection from a list of alternatives -- crafting writs, pledges, Morkul dailies, whatever.
    • Suppose the new quest on the day you turn it in is the one you just did.
    • Then you don't get to pick it up again.

I was guessing that the problem grew out of that even before I saw the un-help email quoted above.
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is why only 4 of my characters are affected but the rest have no problem. I
    Durnik wrote: »
    Happened again. Support has blown me off...

"Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Vincent, and it's my pleasure to assist you today.

Please try to finish the Writs the day that you've receive them to make sure you're able to receive the next one.

We appreciate you taking the time to bring this bug to our attention! We ask that you take this conversation over to the Bug Report Forums, where you can submit your experience of this bug, which will get collected and forwarded to be assessed by the developers..."

So what I read here is "Shut up and turn in your Alchemy writs every day, because this issue is unimportant."
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Obsidian3 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why only 4 of my characters are affected but the rest have no problem. I

"Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Vincent, and it's my pleasure to assist you today.

Please try to finish the Writs the day that you've receive them to make sure you're able to receive the next one.

We appreciate you taking the time to bring this bug to our attention! We ask that you take this conversation over to the Bug Report Forums, where you can submit your experience of this bug, which will get collected and forwarded to be assessed by the developers..."

So what I read here is "Shut up and turn in your Alchemy writs every day, because this issue is unimportant."

Yes. Exactly that.
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    Obsidian3 wrote: »

Yes. Exactly that.

I was thinking... We don't care becuz ya'll aren't important for us to respond to a peasant like you
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happening to me too.

One theory about the mechanism:
    • Suppose you're doing one of the daily quests that gives everybody the same selection from a list of alternatives -- crafting writs, pledges, Morkul dailies, whatever.
    • Suppose the new quest on the day you turn it in is the one you just did.
    • Then you don't get to pick it up again.

This is exactly what is happening to my 4 affected characters, the Alchemy writ asks for the exact same thing everyday, One character its Essence of Stamina everyday, another one is Essence of Health, etc. Its not cycling through the different potion requirements. That is probably the cause of all this. I am going to report a new bug that my Alchemy writs keep asking for the same thing everyday, and see if that might help.
    Edited by Obsidian3 on August 30, 2017 8:14PM
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Just happened again. I didn't turn in the alchemy writs yesterday and today it would not let me pick one up. 1 toon so far.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    And again...
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    lost 2 alchemy writs in 6 days, seem to be every 3rd days, nothing on the board for daily alchemy.

it hurting just as bad, no writ mean no chance for rng chance for master writs or rare chance for a legendary
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    We have determined that the cause is having an alchemy writ from the day before. Someone has also theorized that its due to the system giving out the same writ items on the 2nd day. In other words day one you get Damage Magicka Poison. Day 2 you would have got Damage Magicka Poison again. However, it does not give out that writ because it thinks you just turned it in. I can also say that it did not begin this issue until Poisons came into the writs so I believe its only affecting poison writs.

The big problem now is getting ZOS to acknowledge that this is a bug and for them to fix it. I have lost several master writs, a bunch of gold and some mats because of the bug.

@ZOS_GinaBruno could you help us? I've turned in bug notices already and problem tickets but no acknowledgement of the issue.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lady_Ems wrote: »
    But it's only affecting the Alchemy writs.. If it was a 24 hr cool down. Wouldn't it affect all the writs
    Not necessarily. Adding Poisons to the set of potential daily Alchemy Crafting Writs should not have any effect upon Provisioning and Enchanting writs, or any effect on the three Equipment writs, insofar as those five remain unchanged.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wolfram @Wrobel

In my experience and observation, all Crafting Writs used to change at 02:00 AM EDST each day (i.e., at 01:00 AM EST each day, when we're not using Daylight Savings Time).

Currently, when one of my characters obtains an Alchemy Crafting Writ after approximately 01:45 AM, they will not receive any Alchemy Crafting Writ when the character re-visits the bulletin board after 02:00 AM on the same day, regardless of when the character completes the Alchemy Crafting Writ that was received before 02:00 AM. The next Alchemy Crafting Writ that the character can obtain will be after approximately 01:45 AM on the next day.

In contrast, the same character can obtain the other five Writs for the "previous day" at any time before 02:00 AM. After completing them, the character can return after 02:00 AM to obtain the other five Writs for the current day. Then the next day's writs will become available after 02:00 AM on the next day -- although the next day's Alchemy Crafting Writ will be issued after approximately 01:45 AM instead.

In conclusion, evidently the Alchemy Crafting Writ changes to the next day's writ approximately 15 - 20 minutes before the other Crafting Writs change to the next day's writ at 02:00 AM.

If I recall correctly, this began happening some time after a patch before Morrowind was officially released "live". Albeit, it might have begun when Morrowind was released for the PC on August 14, 2017.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    lost another writ day for alchemy, not recieving new task.

cause? since they change Nirnroots off the daily writs, now it become more buggier and broken.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug is annoying.

If ZoS doesn't want to admit it's a bug, please save face by calling the fix a "Quality of Life" Improvement. But in any case please fix it; it shouldn't be that hard.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, they wont even acknowledge this post. I would happily wait for a fix. should they say they are working on it.
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing my writs daily for a while now. Well everything was going fine. Getting all the writs and whatever. Then yesterday, I was busy so I just picked up my writs and decided I'd do the 2 day cycle. Guess what, yeap after I completed the first set and picked up today's set, no Alchemy writ... Seems as tho it affects it only when you don't do them every day.
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem with me too. Seems like it happens if I have writs from the previous day that I turn in, and when I go back for the current writs I can't grab Alchemy from the board...but I can grab the other writs with no issue.
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump, this has just happened to me as well on multiple characters.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no fix applied for this bug in PTS version 3.2.0.
    PC EU
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I just wish they would acknowledge us. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if its fixed on PTS?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed on PTS 3.2.2
    PC EU
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Not fixed on PTS yet, but we're working on it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes "save" daily writs so to say, i take quest and do them the next day, and that way ill do twice as many writs in one day. sometimes though when i do this, i cant accept a new alchemy writ for some reason.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    same, today, got no new alchemy writ.
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Durnik and @Obsidian3 do you see that..... We finally got a response... they seen it and responded
    Not fixed on PTS yet, but we're working on it.

Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno for letting us know our comments have reached someone.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent!!!!
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!! Thanks for the heads up.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally have proof of what's causing this bug. Alchemy Writs definitely switch too early.

I just certified a new character in Alchemy. As a Level 50 character, all of the potions in his inventory are CP 150. I got him certified in Alchemy around 1.45am EDT. He immediately picked up a Tier IV Alchemy Writ asking him to make a Solution of Ravage Stamina, made three of them because he has 2/3 in the Chemistry passive, and I handed one in at 1.55 am EDT.

Then when he picked up a new Alchemy Writ at 2.10 am EDT, it was for the same potion. I am certain of this because he already had the potion necessary to complete the Writ, and the only potions of Rank IV in his inventory were the 2 x Solution of Ravage Stamina remaining from when I made them earlier.

I don't know what time the Alchemy Writs switch, but it is definitely before the 2.00am EDT time of the other Writs.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50