The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy Writs seem to repeat consecutive days - PC NA

JoeCapricorn
JoeCapricorn
✭✭✭✭✭
The way I do writs most of the time is I grab one day's writs and let them carry over to the next day, then do both days at a time. I've even started a process where I make all the equipment for three days of writs in advance so I can do the writs on all six of my toons in a shorter amount of time.

However, I have noticed on two instances recently that Alchemy writs will repeat on consecutive days. The most recent example is what I am seeing now. Sunday, my characters were told to craft Damage Magicka Poison IX, and today they were told to craft Damage Magicka Poison IX. On the toons where I just picked up yesterday's quest, today's Alchemy writ is not available, because that specific quest was already completed.

In some way, writs seem to cycle. Day one I will need to craft Rubedite Sword, Greaves, Cuirass, day two Greatsword, Sabatons, Gauntlets and day three, Helm, Dagger, Pauldron. Then it repeats. I know that these writs aren't set on a randomizer. In fact I think many of the dailies do a cycle like this.

So now I think with Alchemy, somehow the cycle has gone awry. This happened with a Damage Health Poison IX quest as well last week. So it may be that the cycle goes like this: Essence of X, Essence of Y, Damage Health, Damage Health, Essence of Z, Essence of W, Damage Magicka, Damage Magicka. I am not sure if the Drain Health and Damage Stamina quests are affected like this, or even if any of the "traditional" quests double up on consecutive days. I am also not sure if Provisioning is affected, although I doubt it - no new quests were added to those writs. Ideally, I should be getting the same Alchemy writ every 8 days instead of every 2.
I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn