The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Not getting Alchemy writs from the boards

• Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me the other day when I picked up & crafted my alchemy writ of day 1, but didn't hand it in until day 2. I was then unable to pick up the alchemy writ for day 2.. this has happened on several occasions but only ever with the alchemy writs. Created a ticket for it (#171015-002176).

Good to see this is something ZOS is looking into! :)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Zekken86
    Zekken86
    ✭✭
    This has happened to me as well. So far its happened twice and both times it was when I picked up the writs one day but didn't complete and turn them until the next day.

I will typically pick them up around 7:30 pm eastern time, many hours before they will change to the next days writs but I wouldn't complete and turn them in until 9:30 pm eastern the following day. I am able to pick up all other writs just not alchemy. Last night (10/18/17) I picked up the writs around 7:30 pm eastern on 5 characters but didn't complete them. I will update my post after completing them.
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly why we cannot carry over Alchemy writs anymore, it asks for the same potions two days in a row, i.e. potion of stamina for Day 1 and Day 2, then potion of health for Day3 and Day 4 and so on and so forth. It is not cycling correctly. Of course this all started when they added poisons to the Alchemy writs. Ah well at least I don't ever have to go back to stupid Craglorn to drop off writs.
  • Scootter
    Scootter
    ✭✭✭
    So I know this thread is a little old but I am still having this issue. I thought I was just losing it until I found this thread and describes it exactly. I will submit a ticket but was wondering if anyone here ever got any more info from ZOS?
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    So I know this thread is a little old but I am still having this issue. I thought I was just losing it until I found this thread and describes it exactly. I will submit a ticket but was wondering if anyone here ever got any more info from ZOS?

@BroScottcho what I think it seems to be, and I don't know if you do this or not. But if you pick up the writs on day, and don't complete and turn them in until day two. So it's like you're doing two sets of writs every other day. That is where several people found the problem. When it came to making the poisons for alchemy.

So basically I just started taking the 5 minutes on each toon to do them daily instead of holding them for a day. Hope this helps you some
  • Scootter
    Scootter
    ✭✭✭
    @Lady_Ems Yeah I think that is exactly it. I only found it because I have a lot of crafters and had some days where I had no time so I just hopped on to grabbed the quests for the next day.

To me it still seems like something is broke with the Alchemy one but maybe that is the only one working correctly and the rest are wrong. It isn't a big deal but just something that seemed like they could fix.

Here is the reply I got from support.
    As the crafting dailies are meant to only be completed once every 24 hours per crafting skill it is likely that completing two of each of them is causing issues with them resetting.

Please try only picking up one of each crafting daily per day to see if this resolves the issue.
  • WardenofNirn
    WardenofNirn
    ✭✭✭
    This Has happened to me on 3 chars so far today...
  • WardenofNirn
    WardenofNirn
    ✭✭✭
  • WardenofNirn
    WardenofNirn
    ✭✭✭
    3 chars that has not been able to take the Alchemist Writ and 2 that has ONLY been able to take the Alchemist writ...

Same as everyone else here I saved yesterdays writ to be able to get double anniversary boxes today.
  • Granden_Woodleafson
    Here we are in 2022 and it is still happening, The Lady_Ems situation (see her post above) happened to me. Don't know if I should file a problem report or not.
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    Here we are in 2022 and it is still happening, The Lady_Ems situation (see her post above) happened to me. Don't know if I should file a problem report or not.

It's still happening. You'd think they would have fixed it by now. I have more time now so it's rare I have them hold from he same day but I hear my husband complain about it all the time