Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GAP closers from stealth are broken.

Lord_Invel
Lord_Invel
✭✭✭
DUDE ZOS FIX UR GAME! Totally being honest right now but everyone I encounter is literally exploiting gap closers from stealth, its bugged and it *** sucks. Zos what kind of pvp is this when someone is able to macro all of his moves because gap closers render players in an infinite gap close animation and they can button mash skills to their hearts content until it finally hits me with 10- moves in one second with no animation shown at all. ALSO why do gap closers snare the crap out of us. Like really dude as if streak and dodge roll being nerf isn't enough people can just gap close spam someone to oblivion and not have to worry about buffing up their speed or worry about losing stamina sustain. Can gap closers get the same nerf like streak and dodge roll did please. And to top it all off performance is complete dog ***. I'm dueling people in stormhaven and many of my wins/losses with my friends are because of cc bugs or health desyncs and we can both see it when it happens its not fun at all. This patch is decent compared to other patches but performance is *** and gap closers are *** please fix.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I share your frustration about performance. It is killing me. I've played through bad performance issues since 2.2, but I don't think I can in 3.1.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing quite like streaking to LoS and having 4 stam users Crit Rushing along after you. Must look rather amusing from and outside view.

I would like to see a penalty to gap closers as well. It doesn't need to be super extreme either, 10-15% stacking extra cost if used within 4 seconds would be effective enough without rendering them totally useless.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • bmannb16_ESO
    bmannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would support a gap closure cool down penalty.
    AD Six feet under (Sorc, Templar, Dragon Knight)
    EP Six feet under (Warden, Dragon Knight, Sorc)
    EP Sometimes Salty (Nightblade)
    EP Never sees the light (Nightblade)
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dat moment when you see someone standing in front of you, dying instantly from full health to a guy who just gap closed with a weird animation on arrival.

Special mention to "snare immunity" not making immune to snares. "What wrong could possibly happen?"
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Nothing quite like streaking to LoS and having 4 stam users Crit Rushing along after you. Must look rather amusing from and outside view.

I would like to see a penalty to gap closers as well. It doesn't need to be super extreme either, 10-15% stacking extra cost if used within 4 seconds would be effective enough without rendering them totally useless.

I'd much rather see the snare removed. Stacking cost won't help when a bunch of people will burn their entire resource pool on you to slow you down, and you'd die regardless. No snare => better chance of escaping and staying alive.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not supposed to escape and stay alive when there's a bunch of people on top of you. ;)
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Valencer its not about that, its about that crappy micro slicing or whatever the thing is called and yes it sucks bad.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gap closers from stealth have been busted ever since ZOS made some changes to how your client calculates enemy positions and renders enemies in response to Miat's addon. The bug causes the enemy player's model to not render for several seconds, allowing them to attack you with impunity, as you are unable to see to target them.

There are a few players on PC NA who have based their entire builds around this exploit.

Valencer wrote: »
    You're not supposed to escape and stay alive when there's a bunch of people on top of you. ;)

You're also not supposed to automatically die just because you're outnumbered.

Edit: I should specify that this bug does not occur with Teleport Strike or its morphs. I can confirm that it does occur with Toppling Charge, Invasion, Crit Charge and morphs, and Leap.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on August 24, 2017 8:53PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gap closers from stealth have been busted ever since ZOS made some changes to how your client calculates enemy positions and renders enemies in response to Miat's addon. The bug causes the enemy player's model to not render for several seconds, allowing them to attack you with impunity, as you are unable to see to target them.

There are a few players on PC NA who have based their entire builds around this exploit.

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an exploit to more or less instant kill everyone and it would be nice if any one at zos would say something about that.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭

However if they only give gap closers a 15 percent penalty why not give that to dodge roll and streak. That way it would balance out the numbers. Or instead we can reach a common ground and give all of them gap closers, dodge roll, and streak only a 30 to 35 percent nerf rather than 50 percent on all of them.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Invel wrote: »
    However if they only give gap closers a 15 percent penalty why not give that to dodge roll and streak. That way it would balance out the numbers. Or instead we can reach a common ground and give all of them gap closers, dodge roll, and streak only a 30 to 35 percent nerf rather than 50 percent on all of them.

It's for what I would consider balance. I believe Streak is 50%, Dodge roll is 33%, and Gap Closers would be in the proposed 10-15% range.

By balance, I mean it should not be possible to have a 1 button guarantee outrun pretty much everyone skill. Aka, streak before the cost stacking. Sorcs can also sort of buy time for the cooldown to dispel with dodge rolls, boundless storm, refund some mag with dark conversion, etc, in order to increase the gap. Don't get me wrong, as a sorc I'd love to be able to streak more reliably because I use it in active combat for the stun. If I could also use it to reach the next LoS without deleting my magicka, that would be nice. Ironically I hate chasing streaking magsorcs (especially Ball of Lightning sorcs), so I do see the need for some sort of penalty. It would just be nice if streak would work while going DOWN HILL without killing our escape momentum.

Stam builds kind of legit need to use gap closers so their other skills will work too. The smaller percentage stack WILL be noticeable to them if the are using it repeatedly to chase that one dude down, but casting it 4 times in a row won't delete their stam.

You do not want dodge roll reduced to 15% stack. That's just buffing the infinite-dodge-cloak-force-miss stamblades.

This may be the most annoying thing to see on the forums. The mindset of "there's 5 of us and 1 of them, so we should automatically win" is really a crap attitude. At what point should I just automatically lose? So winning a 1v1 is skill, 1v2 is lucky, 1v3 is suspicious, and 1v4+ is obviously using cheat engine?
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DUDE ZOS FIX UR GAME! Totally being honest right now but everyone I encounter is literally exploiting gap closers from stealth, its bugged and it *** sucks. Zos what kind of pvp is this when someone is able to macro all of his moves because gap closers render players in an infinite gap close animation and they can button mash skills to their hearts content until it finally hits me with 10- moves in one second with no animation shown at all. ALSO why do gap closers snare the crap out of us. Like really dude as if streak and dodge roll being nerf isn't enough people can just gap close spam someone to oblivion and not have to worry about buffing up their speed or worry about losing stamina sustain. Can gap closers get the same nerf like streak and dodge roll did please. And to top it all off performance is complete dog ***. I'm dueling people in stormhaven and many of my wins/losses with my friends are because of cc bugs or health desyncs and we can both see it when it happens its not fun at all. This patch is decent compared to other patches but performance is *** and gap closers are *** please fix.
    The snare is necessary. They already nerfed the snare to a point where not even half of my charges deal damage to the enemy, this is stupid.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on August 24, 2017 8:03PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This may be the most annoying thing to see on the forums. The mindset of "there's 5 of us and 1 of them, so we should automatically win" is really a crap attitude. At what point should I just automatically lose? So winning a 1v1 is skill, 1v2 is lucky, 1v3 is suspicious, and 1v4+ is obviously using cheat engine?

That does seem to be the general consensus anymore. :/

But I think he was Wrobel's comment that if you are outnumbered you should basically die.

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support a procentual increase to gap closers' cost if used within a certain time frame. There is literally no reason to play anything but a magdk, stamblade or stamsorc in 1v1s right now, since they negate all the kiting a ranged class like a destro resto magblade does...
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this done with crit rush? I've noticed some wierd bug when being ganked by a critrush from stealth. Haven't noticed it when being ambushed from stealth tough.
    EU | PC
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Is this done with crit rush? I've noticed some wierd bug when being ganked by a critrush from stealth. Haven't noticed it when being ambushed from stealth tough.

Yes, you'll encounter this bug with Crit Rush from stealth. The bug does not happen with Teleport Strike. I should add that to my comment.. Forgot. It happens with all other gap closers, though.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

Yes, you'll encounter this bug with Crit Rush from stealth. The bug does not happen with Teleport Strike. I should add that to my comment.. Forgot. It happens with all other gap closers, though.

I just tested it, it's pretty disgusting. 6 months until fix? :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    The snare is necessary. They already nerfed the snare to a point where not even half of my charges deal damage to the enemy, this is stupid.

no dude the snare isn't necessary. zos broke gap closers back in thieves guild it didn't snare use passively and the animations in thieves guild were far more fluid. Zos needs to fix animations trust me the snare is just cnacer lol
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: I should specify that this bug does not occur with Teleport Strike or its morphs. I can confirm that it does occur with Toppling Charge, Invasion, Crit Charge and morphs, and Leap.

It worked like that way before miats addon (just wasn´t as popular).

It´s been like then when they changed all gapclosers to move you in a straight line (back in the days to attempt fixing toppling charge and instead breaking all of them).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

but nerf them ONLY for PVE ZOS pls, not PVE!!! Do not let PVE part of the game suffer because of PVP issues.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @zos_kai