Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hakkvild's High Hall...is it worth it?

TonyRockaroni
TonyRockaroni
✭✭✭✭✭
So after taking a closer look at Hakkvild's High Hall, I'm honestly kind of disappointed in it, if I'm being honest. Mainly because I was expecting a much more diverse interior with other rooms and whatnot, rather than one large, round/octagonal room with two balconies (one of which is inaccessible without using furnishings like wood planks or something to reach it) and a small entry room. I was expecting something like the Jarl's Manor in Fort Amol, or Fulstrom Manor (which you visit during the first quest in the Thieves' Guild's storyline). So I'm definitely disappointed about that, not gonna lie.

The exterior, on the other hand, is very nice. I like how spacious it is, the room you have, the tower, and of course the Nordic crypt is a unique touch. For me, it's just a shame that the interior is nowhere near as great as the exterior is. Because I really like how this place looks on the outside and I like the crypt. But the inside has me heavily on the fence, leaning moreso away from buying it, unfortunately.

So what do you think? Do you think the exterior and the crypt are enough to overlook the one and a half rooms the interior has? Or do you think my points are valid and that HHH might not be the king of kings when it comes to housing?
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypt area and exterior is great, but interior need much improvements. First, in the main building inaccessible balcony and windows of a different to exteriors size are unacceptable. Second, interior of one of the towers have much less space then it looks outside. I know, such problems are peculiar for other houses, but I say do not buy it till they fix such flaws.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    @logarifmik The balcony isn't completely inaccessible, there's a very awkwardly placed door (the one that looks like an open door to the hall after the little entrance space) that leads to it... well, to one half of it. :/

The whole house feels very sloppy and unfinished. Check out the pillars and edges on the stairs outside for example, they're so unaligned. :s

Great looking house from the outside though. And as long as you don't look too much at the stair edges.
    Edited by Ryuuhime on August 15, 2017 12:34AM
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's a decent "guild hall" but a poor "player house"
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a decent "guild hall" but a poor "player house"

I think it makes a good guild hall because the interior is a copy of the Riften/Windhelm Mages' Guiild. XD
    Although if it had to copy a Skyrim guild hall interior, it should have at least been the fighters' guild hall. At least THAT has more than two rooms. But overall, the only interior that I feel merit's it being the same price as Ebonheart Chateau is the Fort Amol Jarl's Manor. :/
    It's like Tel Galen all over again; the option for a genuinely impressive interior is there, but it just did not get utilized.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on August 15, 2017 4:29AM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you like it?
    Yes: worth it
    No: not worth it
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    It will depend on what you want to do with it. Compared to the Daggerfall Overlook and the Ebonheart Chateau, two very popular manors, Hakkvild's Hall has a lot of outside space divided into three zones: the area around the building, which is huge, the crypt, which is mostly tunnels but provide enough room, and the rocky mound, which is larger than the actual building. All of that is way better than the other two, imho. So if you only care about area, it's great.

In terms of house interior, it's really a disappointment. It's quite inferior to the Overlook and the Chateau. All the classic homes offer more room and cost a lot less. It's only good for a public bath or sauna. So if you're mostly interested in the building and house interior, it's not worth it.

Anyway, I don't like any of the notable and larger homes: they are not practical for the average player and sometimes not even practical for guild use.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's worth if you wanna build some stuff in Falkreth cause it's possible to leave housing area and go there... ;)
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't a fan of the housing system and have stayed away from it. This one though was tempting me until I checked it out on the PTS and it's very disappointing (the interior anyway with the terribly placed door to only half the balcony inside the main hall, the fact it's huge on the outside but tiny on the inside with nowhere else other than that main hall yet this place is big and should have more levels and rooms than this). For this price point, it's a colossul waste of money and ZOS needs to do this one properly so for now, no housing for me = lost sales for you ZOS.
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really wanted it. So many options to be totally creative given the huge space. I'm holding off on even considering buying it though until item limits are fixed. It's not worth my money until I can actually enjoy decorating it.
  • alvehyannab14_ESO
    Not being able to access 1 side of the balcony is a massive oversight.

Would be nice to have a second floor on the second tower...since it's so tall.

It does have some great exterior spaces, but lack interior. If it had been something more like Windhelm from Skyrim, (side room, upper area in back...etc...it would have been a sure bet.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would make a decent guild hall, but as a player house, it leaves a lot to be desired. The outside looks amazing -- I expected the inside to have more than two rooms, one of which being a large open-plan room with a weird raise in the center of it that cuts out a lot of options. The sharp slope on the outside that leads to the barred door also seems like a waste of space to me.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, Hakkvild's is one of the Notable homes that I feel is 100% worth the crowns. It's obviously not for the interior (no big staircase to the gallery?), but for the crypts and the courtyard. Grand Topal is the other that is completely worth the crowns, for the amount of space.

Side note: I really wish we could buy staircases. in Hunding's Palace, I've made one from the upstairs overlook/walkway down to the backyard, but it would look nicer if it wasn't a spiral staircase of crate lids. Same if I bought Hakkvild's, I can make a staircase but would look weird with rough planks in that nice wood interior.
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    First glanze on it my first reaction its a Guildhall.

• Nardvark
    Nardvark
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest disappointment, yall have pretty much covered it, I waited too long for major Nordic house to find out its a hall and ya.. just sad. everything about this game feels more and more like a cash grab..

I'm just gonna go cry a little now.
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    I have very conflicting feelings about this home. The outside of the home is lovely but the inside is disappointingly small. I agree that the door to the upstairs walkway is horribly placed, stairs would have been better. I also believe that there should have been a basement level. Unfortunately, since the home is now live I doubt any of these things will ever be changed unless they offer, at some point, a way to add things to existing housing (like a vendor who sells upgrades for your home).

It is worth it if you love decorating outdoor spaces. I think that the huge garden area, the view of the mountains and the town below, and the tomb/barrow are very unique and interesting. If you are creative, there is potential to add a second floor, which would add more space. There is also a large area around the home and towers that could be decorated nicely.
    Edited by Haruspex on August 16, 2017 5:11PM
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    I really wanted to buy this home. The outside is beautiful. But the interior issues really bother me. In the furnished version there are items placed on an inaccessible balcony. I understand that you could build a way to it. That will just take away from the housing item limit which is already way too small for a house of that size. I do hope they plan to correct this.
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, there's a door to the upstairs?? I didn't see one!
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    Zhaedri wrote: »
    Wait, there's a door to the upstairs?? I didn't see one!

Most people don't seem to notice it because it's located in a very bad spot. The door is located on the wall between the anteroom and the main room.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's amazing... But the main building is garbage
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrpvVeN28JY

you can do pretty awesome thing ( on the PTS at least , don't know if they fixed the way to get there from the house )
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huh, found the door now, thanks. That is a really terrible spot, and not even one on the other side to get across the balcony!

I also found a spot in the 'barrow' section where you can jump through to part of below the map, nothing special aside from it seeming to be a sloppily put together place now.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I just checked it out today and I loved the outside. The crypt is a bit random but it's a nice touch and there's a lot of potential to do some cool things with that space. The courtyard is beautiful and again has a lot of potential.

The view...I'm not sure if it was just foggy when I went there and on a nicer day there would be more to see but it's not a deal-breaker.

Then I checked out the inside and I was extremely disappointed. One round room and a narrow balcony. From the outside it looks like there should be at least 1 more floor - and then ceiling inside is low enough that there could be. I spent ages looking for the way up and eventually had to accept this was another house where the inside and outside do not match.

It's still not a bad house, just no where near as good as it could be, and with all the other options there's no reason for me to buy it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So after taking a closer look at Hakkvild's High Hall, I'm honestly kind of disappointed in it, if I'm being honest. Mainly because I was expecting a much more diverse interior with other rooms and whatnot, rather than one large, round/octagonal room with two balconies (one of which is inaccessible without using furnishings like wood planks or something to reach it) and a small entry room. I was expecting something like the Jarl's Manor in Fort Amol, or Fulstrom Manor (which you visit during the first quest in the Thieves' Guild's storyline). So I'm definitely disappointed about that, not gonna lie.

The exterior, on the other hand, is very nice. I like how spacious it is, the room you have, the tower, and of course the Nordic crypt is a unique touch. For me, it's just a shame that the interior is nowhere near as great as the exterior is. Because I really like how this place looks on the outside and I like the crypt. But the inside has me heavily on the fence, leaning moreso away from buying it, unfortunately.

So what do you think? Do you think the exterior and the crypt are enough to overlook the one and a half rooms the interior has? Or do you think my points are valid and that HHH might not be the king of kings when it comes to housing?

that is that nord one,

I liked more the one with that roman architecture large countryards, teraces, pillars...nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrlSLq_yR24
    Edited by altemriel on August 19, 2017 10:08AM
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    that is that nord one,

I liked more the one with that roman architecture large countryards, teraces, pillars...nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrlSLq_yR24

Yeah, I think I'm probably going to just wait and get Linchal Grand Manor whenever it does get released. It certainly has a more put-together interior. While I may not be as into Imperial architecture ass I am Nord architecture, there's no denying that LGM is put together better than HHH. Plus, it just looks more impressive overall.