Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Please add more alchemy reagents

Kensei_ESO
Kensei_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
@ ZOS, this thread is a plea for additional alchemy reagents to be added to the game. There are many combinations of potion effects that I would like to use but we are rather limited with the current reagents available. For example, I would love a potion that gives (invisibility + stamina + ??), or (detection + invisibility), or even (Major Brutality + Major Sorcery) for fun with hybrid [Templar] setups.

Also as has been suggested many times, please change the Snakeblood into something worth spending a skill point on...
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First, detect and in is negate each other as traits so no joy on that one.

Second it sure seems like some of the can and cannot do were intentional not random.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes, this one needs a "max health+spell damage potion"!!
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Second it sure seems like some of the can and cannot do were intentional not random.

Do detect/invis actually negate each other or is that simply a result of the current reagents list? Detect + invis would be SUPER fun on a stealth counter build.

None of the excluded combinations seem intentional to me nor do they strike me as potentially OP. I mean certainly not more OP than what Vitality + gradual HP restore used to be lol.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Please no my bank is already full ...

You should be subscribing for the crafting bag.
    Edited by Kensei_ESO on August 14, 2017 12:15PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Do detect/invis actually negate each other or is that simply a result of the current reagents list? Detect + invis would be SUPER fun on a stealth counter build.

None of the excluded combinations seem intentional to me nor do they strike me as potentially OP. I mean certainly not more OP than what Vitality + gradual HP restore used to be lol.

last i checked invis and detect were opposites as far as cancelling goes, but it is easy to verify if you doubt it.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chart

last i checked invis and detect were opposites as far as cancelling goes, but it is easy to verify if you doubt it.

The chart at the top of Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Alchemy shows the traits with the opposite (cancelling) trait on the next line in opposite color so as to make combos easier to not invalidate by including a poor ingredient choice. Yes, invisible and detection are opposites.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And please no, no more alchemical reagents... there are plenty already and I don't want to need to redo the logic puzzle of the best method of unlocking all the traits :)
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    And please no, no more alchemical reagents... there are plenty already and I don't want to need to redo the logic puzzle of the best method of unlocking all the traits :)

That's a lame excuse for not wanting more potion/poison effect options. : /
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except it wouldn't necessarily provide any more options... I also believe that most (not necessarily all) combos that can't be made currently are not something they want made. Am I right? Who knows, but so many things can be made with 3 reagents unless they seem to be designed to deliberately cancel an effect out that it seems so to me.

Plus with more reagents the cancelling issue would simply become all that much more complex too as the new reagents would certainly be designed to cancel or not work with just about anything else like the new ones introduced with poisons.

As for "lame excuse" have you actually tried to combine the reagents in fewer steps from 0 alchemy inspiration/levels in fewer steps than my solution? 1. you can only do it once per character so if you mess up, reroll and start all over again 2. it's a quite complex puzzle if you care about the number of steps and best solution -- not a simple puzzle by any means
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 16, 2017 2:52PM
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Except it wouldn't necessarily provide any more options... I also believe that most (not necessarily all) combos that can't be made currently are not something they want made. Am I right? Who knows, but so many things can be made with 3 reagents unless they seem to be designed to deliberately cancel an effect out that it seems so to me.

Plus with more reagents the cancelling issue would simply become all that much more complex too as the new reagents would certainly be designed to cancel or not work with just about anything else like the new ones introduced with poisons.

As for "lame excuse" have you actually tried to combine the reagents in fewer steps from 0 alchemy inspiration/levels in fewer steps than my solution? 1. you can only do it once per character so if you mess up, reroll and start all over again 2. it's a quite complex puzzle if you care about the number of steps and best solution -- not a simple puzzle by any means

I'm not trying to devalue your solution to fastest unlock, I'm just saying it doesn't justify keeping the system limited. Although I've leveled alchemy on 5 characters and in my opinion it's super easy and cheap to go from 0-50 in ~30 minutes, especially for an established player who is sitting on piles of each reagent. It's a non-issue.

That's a real bummer about detection/invisibility canceling. That could be a fun PvP potion. There are many more benign combos that we don't currently have access to that in my opinion we should (stamina + invisibility is one)