Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Ebony Epidermis Available in the Crown Store for a Limited Time (All Platforms)

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Our latest ESO Crown Store offering is wrapped in mystery. How does it make those who wear it look like their very skin is created from swirling, otherworldly Ebony? There are only rumors. Will the Ebony Epidermis become your new look?

Ebony Epidermis Skin
fe6eb400285fa17bcee025b4a5c25163.jpg
Never trust an alchemist with a Daedric scroll—you might end up with skin that's the color and hardness of Ebony! Unless you think that's a good idea, in which case, we've literally got you covered.

The Ebony Epidermis is available on all platforms for a limited time from August 10 to August 14 at 10am EDT, and costs 1,200 crowns.

Has the Ebony Epidermis caught your eye? Post your pictures here, or share them with us on Twitter or Instagram.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The promotional image looked... shinier and nicer. Must've been all that color-coordinated fog in the background. In-game, it looks exactly like a recolored Spiderkith.

spiderkith-vs-ebony.png
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The promotional image looked... shinier and nicer. Must've been all that color-coordinated fog in the background. In-game, it looks exactly like a recolored Spiderkith.

spiderkith-vs-ebony.png

Agree, extremely disappointing. Wife and me saw the promotional pictures and was really hyped for it, then we saw it in game and just sighed. Not buying it now.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I was HYPED for this skin when I saw it showcased but rather disappointing after viewing it today. It even looks worse on console (if that is possible). Price isn't too bad. I would have gladly paid 1500,2k even if the skin was as awesome as they showed in promotional image. False advertisement...such is the way at Zo$. At this point, we should just be happy it isn't bugged like most other things the company releases... :p:p

Later Edit: I spoke too quickly it appeared... Preview may be bugged, I jinxed it. I should have known they couldn't release something without SOMETHING being bug'd.
    Edited by MyKillv2.0 on August 10, 2017 4:52PM
  • Evan8642
    Evan8642
    ✭✭✭
    Does wearing this skin increase my housing item size by 500 slots?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

spiderkith-vs-ebony.png

It looks exactly like a recolored spiderkith skin in the promo too, it's just got different lighting on it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mods are locking complaint threads for damage control. Lol
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any pics on Khajit?
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Personally I never understood why there is a need for four threads on the same topic. I've seen merging of threads in other forums but I guess that's not possible here.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

Personally I never understood why there is a need for four threads on the same topic. I've seen merging of threads in other forums but I guess that's not possible here.

There are a couple of the "complaint" threads that are still open and running anyway, because they are being civil and/or constructive about their issue with the skin. The one that got closed was just mouthtrash and bashing the devs. Mojmir is just being a dramallama.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

There are a couple of the "complaint" threads that are still open and running anyway, because they are being civil and/or constructive about their issue with the skin. The one that got closed was just mouthtrash and bashing the devs. Mojmir is just being a dramallama.

Oh yeah, I just think in general the feedback would be best served in this ... well ... official thread. Best exposure, no? Especially if there is displaying bugs etc as well.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Oh yeah, I just think in general the feedback would be best served in this ... well ... official thread. Best exposure, no? Especially if there is displaying bugs etc as well.

There wasn't one until after,this happens everytime/all the time. Call it drama if like,not everyone is prim and proper when they're disappointed.look around the forums and you'll find plenty of the same,but yet those threads are open still.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't look as good as the promo pic. I guess I'll be saving my money. :/
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evan8642 wrote: »

Yup.. that's what I would want to know as well. When will we hear about housing item slot increases instead of crown store skins that apparently, do not look as advertised??
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deceptive lighting to give artificial purple shine. ZO$ Marketing on their game as usual.
    PC-NA
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really disappointed that ZOS doesn't invest more time and effort in crown store offers like this. The promotional picture looked really promising but I was already afraid it's just a recoloring. Sad to see I was right.
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenniMyuu wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed that ZOS doesn't invest more time and effort in crown store offers like this. The promotional picture looked really promising but I was already afraid it's just a recoloring. Sad to see I was right.

I thought the promo pictures made it obvious enough it was a recolor..
    Not to mention the NPC in the game that looks like this
    And the datamining...

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

spiderkith-vs-ebony.png

Yes. Pictures from it on live are rather disappointing. Boring.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do like the look on Argonian tails. I have been waiting forever to dye my weapons purple, but in the meantime I'll gladly turn my skin purple.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    The skin is so so ugly, i will not buy it... try to do better next time sorry :neutral:
    Edited by Aixy on August 11, 2017 5:19AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks ... bad
  • fyrestrtr88
    fyrestrtr88
    ✭✭
    i really enjoy having the ebony epidermis skin! Heavy armor covers it all up, but I like catching a glimpse of it when I'm crafting : )
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's looking good! You can use it with costumes and still shows through. Looks great on Argonian and quite nifty on Khajit also. I spent too much time making my Khajit tiger looks so not on him.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Any pics on Khajit?
    Here's some pics @kylewwefan
    Will try it out on an Argonian tomorrow if I have time :)
    qXCey4Q.png23Oplyv.png
    PC/EU DC
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Same Issue: The limited ebony skin looks different in preview to actual.

On my Dunmer Vampire the preview shows her irises in front of the glow and it looks awesome...
    Screenshot_20170810_202859.png

In actuality the skin makes the eyes pure purple...Screenshot_20170810_202933.png

Ugh, why can't we ever get an eye option like the preview, we have blind oracle eyes so why not a glow one like in the preview instead of a solid color as seems to be the case with most skins.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evan8642 wrote: »
    That would be the only case I would buy this thing.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soz thread revival it’s been over a year now will this skin come back to the crown store ?
    Edited by LordLomax on August 30, 2018 1:37AM
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordLomax wrote: »
    Soz thread revival it’s been over a year now will this skin come back to the crown store ?

I was wondering too, would love to have this skin. Would prefer it to come back to the CS, but crates are ok too.