Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ebony Skin Doesn't Hide Vampirism.

TheValkyn
TheValkyn
✭✭✭✭✭
Update:
After you buy the Spiderkith reskin it will show properly on your character even with vampirism.

As every good skin should this one does not. Is there a fix coming for it? Skins are the only way (other than staying indoors) to make vampirism tolerable on a style level.

Thanks.

iSFVSh2.jpg
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    How bad does it look? May be a deal breaker for a lot of people....
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please post a screenshot if you can.

I was seriously considering purchasing it but if that's the case I'm not going to.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you clarify if this is intended or a bug please?
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MarzAttakz Updated the OP with a screenshot.
  • Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It hides the vampirism for me. The preview shows incorrectly on vampire characters, for some reason.

Here's one of my vampires without the skin:
    z8xYB2t.jpg

Here's the same character with the skin:
    oxaNhNH.jpg

And here's the Crown Store preview:
    jOPmrS8.jpg
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The preview and the actual skin do not look anything like the same. See below:

QSjBbSt.jpg

This is a dunmer stage 4 vampire. Actual affect of the skin in the left hand shot, preview in the right hand shot.

PC EU
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for clearing this up!
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RaddlemanNumber7 @Mauin That's great. I was holding off buying it if the preview was true but that does look nicer. It is still a reskin of Spiderkith which is pretty damn lazy.

Thanks
    Edited by TheValkyn on August 10, 2017 3:40PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my view, skins should never hide Vampire completely anyway. If yer Vamp, you should look like a Vamp, simple. So skins should be a hybrid middle ground on a vamp I say.

If I care enough about look over function ill cure my toon..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    In my view, skins should never hide Vampire completely anyway. If yer Vamp, you should look like a Vamp, simple. So skins should be a hybrid middle ground on a vamp I say.

At the risk of derailing the thread, ESO vamps look mortal when well fed.

On topic: If we could fix the preview bug, that'd help me determine whether or not I buy it.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on August 10, 2017 3:54PM
  • Balsagna
    Balsagna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Powder stayed in the bathtub too long.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

On topic: If we could fix the preview bug, that'd help me determine whether or not I buy it.

Shouldn't it be the other way around if your a predator. At stage 4, you should look more human to make it easier to get prey, and freshly fed you should look grotesque.

Of course, where white skin is concerned, stage 1 vampires would look more healthy and regular (kinda like a sick person after a blood transfusion) after just eating.

Definitely derailing the thread a little, sorry. And definitely an old argument even unrelated to ESO.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to it but I've seen the previews and I don't like it at all
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ser Lobo wrote: »

Shouldn't it be the other way around if your a predator. At stage 4, you should look more human to make it easier to get prey, and freshly fed you should look grotesque.

Of course, where white skin is concerned, stage 1 vampires would look more healthy and regular (kinda like a sick person after a blood transfusion) after just eating.

Definitely derailing the thread a little, sorry. And definitely an old argument even unrelated to ESO.

In the elder scrolls lore, vampires gain power when they starve themselves. That is what helps them feed, and is one strategy. That is why your vamp skills cost less in ESO as you degrade in appearance.

The other method to vampire survival is to eliminate your weaknesses (less vulnerable to fire at "well fed" stages) and to blend into society. Cloak and dagger if you will. This has been true in my entire TES experience (which amounts to skyrim and ESO, so grain of salt xD).

And yeah, apologies for thread derailment. The statement just kinda tosses out lore from the series.

On topic: Not gunna get this skin. May get the red lava skin.
  • ZOS_MattL
    ZOS_MattL
    ✭✭✭

QSjBbSt.jpg

This is a dunmer stage 4 vampire. Actual affect of the skin in the left hand shot, preview in the right hand shot.

Hey there,
    Could you post this screenshot on the bug forum? Because if this is true it is not intended to show the wrong preview and needs to be fixed.
    Thanks,
    Matt
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude...please just don't start. You knew what was going to happen and you wrote it anyway.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MattL wrote: »

QSjBbSt.jpg

Hey there,
    Could you post this screenshot on the bug forum? Because if this is true it is not intended to show the wrong preview and needs to be fixed.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Done
    PC EU
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I am sick of people complaining about how vampirism looks. You CHOSE to be a vampire....take the good with the bad. You think vampires are ugly in this game? THEN GET CURED. They are nothing NEARLY as hideous as they are in Skyrim. You think vampirism is something that should be all upside and no downside? Its a DISEASE people...a rather disfiguring one at that, get over it or get cured.
  • ZOS_MattL
    ZOS_MattL
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_MattL wrote: »

QSjBbSt.jpg

Hey there,
    Thanks,
    Matt

Done

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Honestly, I am sick of people complaining about how vampirism looks. You CHOSE to be a vampire....take the good with the bad. You think vampires are ugly in this game? THEN GET CURED. They are nothing NEARLY as hideous as they are in Skyrim. You think vampirism is something that should be all upside and no downside? Its a DISEASE people...a rather disfiguring one at that, get over it or get cured.

This
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    c'mon you have to admit vampirism makes one a little too pale.

that aside I like looking "vampish" if you will,

I'd prefer to look a bit more monstrous at stage 4.
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're looking into this. The screenshots have been very helpful!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Mauin wrote: »
    It hides the vampirism for me. The preview shows incorrectly on vampire characters, for some reason.

Here's one of my vampires without the skin:
    z8xYB2t.jpg

Here's the same character with the skin:
    oxaNhNH.jpg

And here's the Crown Store preview:
    jOPmrS8.jpg

What rank Vampirism is your character @Mauin?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait I can get Mind Shriven Vampire again I'm so happy.
    Don't change this like you did the last time I bought a skin.
    Edited by Koolio on August 10, 2017 5:17PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim vampires are not all hideous. I guess you forgot about Serana?
    https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/21961-1-1344865626.jpg
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/85/77/ea/8577eaeb7aff24abba58cc9933de9082.jpg
    Edited by SydneyGrey on August 10, 2017 5:22PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Koolio wrote: »

If there is a bug, we will need to fix it @Koolio. We're currently investigating. Right now, it looks like the issue may be with the Crown Store preview and not the Skin itself.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesnt help. Ya still look hideous
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people don't choose to be a vampire just for the sake of being a vampire. We do it for the passives. With recovery being as it is now it's basically necessary for a lot of classes. A lot of us spent time making our characters look nice, and also building our characters up to be effective in terms of dps, healing, or tanking. So yes we have to sacrifice our good looks in order to be more effective in our roles, and just curing ourselves isn't an option most of us will use. So yes making vampirism not as hideous would be a nice change.
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

If there is a bug, we will need to fix it @Koolio. We're currently investigating. Right now, it looks like the issue may be with the Crown Store preview and not the Skin itself.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Hi Jessica, while you're at it, could you please run a simple idea to address the plethora of issues around vampirism, skin markings and tattoos past your modelling and texture team?

Could they please do an in-house test and change the stacking order of the texture channels to:
    • base skin
    • vampire skin
    • tattoos
    • markings

Thanks in advance.
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.