The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ebony Skin Doesn't Hide Vampirism.

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Wait I can get Mind Shriven Vampire again I'm so happy.
    Don't change this like you did the last time I bought a skin.

If there is a bug, we will need to fix it @Koolio. We're currently investigating. Right now, it looks like the issue may be with the Crown Store preview and not the Skin itself.

Just got home a bought the skin. I really want it to be like it was in the preview. Same thing happened with Mind shriven and it looks fantastic. Give me what I paid for.

Both Ebony and Mind Shriven both had the effects of vampire mixed with the skin. This is how I bought both. One was changed from a year or two ago. Still mad about that too.

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same thing as last time.

Highlighted here.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302786/mind-shriven-and-vampire#latest

This is the reason I bought this skin to begin with. It was changed for no reason and never was brought to the devs for comments. Can you look at this thread as well.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • LoadingScreen
    LoadingScreen
    ✭✭✭
    ZcQOgkf.png

please add a bit love to the eye color... a bit of shadow and light!
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish they would sell a "cosmetics" kit in the crown store that would let vampires cover up their advanced stage condition. I don't mind how stage 1 looks, but stage 4 is pretty ugly.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That skin makes it look like that vamp had a nasty run-in with a group of villagers, some torches and a flamethrower.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really want the skin I previewed when I bought it. Same for vampshriven skin from two years ago that you did the exact same thing. Previewed liked what I saw bought it. Then it was changed a few months later with no word. I tried to have the dev look at the issue but was ignored. Now we have this issue.

I want what I paid for. Aka previewed with mixed vampire and new skin.

However can we get info on this?
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any idea on this yet? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can I get what I previewed when I bought the skin?
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If there is a bug, we will need to fix it @Koolio. We're currently investigating. Right now, it looks like the issue may be with the Crown Store preview and not the Skin itself.

Bug or intended?
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't want to cause issues but can we get an update to this. Bought it last month thinking I was getting one thing and was sold a different one.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't want to cause issues but can we get an update to this. Bought it last month thinking I was getting one thing and was sold a different one.

Where the customer service at? It's been over a month with no answer. Can we get an update on this?

• MizaRadioaktiv
    Whoo! That is one pale dude.

If you want the perks of being a vampire, you gotta deal with the negatives, I guess. The skins are probably made that way to still give you the effect of being a vampire even if you're basically "hiding" your normal look.
    MizaRadioaktiv

Aldmeri Dominion:
    Kai Adevari - Altmer - Nightblade
    Maelrii Adevari - Altmer - Dragonknight
    Faelim Adevari - Bosmer - Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact:
    Miza Adevari - Dunmer - Warden
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same issue with a different skin now. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still waiting on an answer as to why I didn't get the skin I purchased when I previewed it.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks all, we're looking into this. The screenshots have been very helpful!

2 months so far and no answer. Wth

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

LOL...2 months is nothing ; there are dozens of known issues since the game's launch that have yet to be addressed/fixed.

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    THWIP71 wrote: »

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

LOL...2 months is nothing ; there are dozens of known issues since the game's launch that have yet to be addressed/fixed.

But I didn't specifically pay real money for them. I busted out my wallet because I liked something and wanted to buy it. Only when I actually got it was it different from what I previewed.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The preview looks AWESOME! I was going to let you know though that the Ebony skin does overwrite it.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The preview looks AWESOME! I was going to let you know though that the Ebony skin does overwrite it.

It used to combine the two until it was changed without warning during theives guild Dlc. Brought it up multiple times only to get buried. There is a link to a thread in here about this change.

Bring back Vampshriven
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people don't choose to be a vampire just for the sake of being a vampire. We do it for the passives. With recovery being as it is now it's basically necessary for a lot of classes. A lot of us spent time making our characters look nice, and also building our characters up to be effective in terms of dps, healing, or tanking. So yes we have to sacrifice our good looks in order to be more effective in our roles, and just curing ourselves isn't an option most of us will use. So yes making vampirism not as hideous would be a nice change.

Even if it is true, I'm sure ZOS is thinking now about nerfing vampirism :D
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Was this ever resolved?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make an Khajiit with white fur, become vampire and the eyes changes :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.