Most memorable story/quest lines in ESO

vpy
vpy
✭✭✭✭
ESO is a spin off Elder Scrolls series.

Elder Scrolls Games are one of the best Single player games of all time.

They provide some unique memorable questing experiences (Morrowind, Skyrim, Oblivion etc)

So in ESO which quest line/faction/guild stories is YOUR favorite and memorable (something you think about it for sometime even after finishing it..like how you felt after watching Shawshank Redemption)
Edited by vpy on August 5, 2017 9:53AM

Most memorable story/quest lines in ESO 76 votes

Aldmeri Dominion Questline
25%
Khenarthianitajoneb17_ESODemycilianMorimizoVyle_ByteProfessorKittyhawkAjintseku5hAliyavanatheher0notBobby_V_RockitIlCanis_LupuslIMLGProPlayercrjs1RunscheiGreenseaSilverPawsgepe87doslekis 19 votes
Ebonheart Pact Questline
3%
Strider_RoshinFishoscandiTonyRockaroni 3 votes
Daggerfall Covenant Questline
3%
HanzusListerJMCBelyar 3 votes
Dark Brotherhood Missions
5%
UloUrbanMonkvpyEnemoriana 4 votes
Vvardenfell zone story
5%
static_rechargeApheriusTyrobagKarmanorway 4 votes
Anchorage/Main ESO story
14%
ixiebottleofsyruprunagateVDoom1ZolronAetherderiusArrilleXxBradeyxXBombashamanHippie4927CrisXD 11 votes
Thieves Guild quests
5%
Teridaxusmb10VipstaakkiSparklyRook 4 votes
Orsinium story
15%
Alex_Lextheroyalestpythonnub18_ESOdroids097QUEZ420ElFonz0BeardimusFerrumnCutemKrogmoWrubius_CoronariaMrBetadineFaylisDurran3 12 votes
Craglorn zone quests
5%
DenniMyuuLadyNalcaryaLadislaoKurkikohtaus 4 votes
Other - please mention
15%
BalgoststarkerealmAhPook_Is_HereLegolessSmasherx74Olen_MikkoFischblutOrjixsevomd69TheCaptainJoshJacen_VeronKeldheir 12 votes
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a "nerf sorc" tread? You're slipping man!
    Edited by ku5h on August 5, 2017 10:03AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ad and dc are pretty even. dc had the same theme of undead throughtout all the zones and got tiring but rivenspire is one of my favorite storys. many people complain about the jungles being 3 zones in ad but I think the story made up for that. ad and dc had the most memorable characters and ep just had naryu and the varians twins. really I think having the ad and dc faction leaders appear early made me attach to them more and so if I wasn't ad id be dc player. ep's king is introduced very late and has little appearances so I'm not attached to ep. if it wasn't for dunmer I probly wouldn't have enjoyed the ep questline. the shadowfen questline was interesting but I hated the scenery. overall I liked ad the best
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood Missions
    The dark Brotherhood, although that might be because I just enjoy them as a faction and lore rather then their in game portrayal. I do also have a soft spot for Hermaeous Mora though so I do enjoy the quests where he makes an appearance.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild quests
    I'm still mad that i still barely know the craglorn storyline.
    Quests shouldnt be group content...
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    Anchorage/Main ESO story
    At first I really wasnt bothered about the main questline, I just wanted to explore every corner of Tamriel (as you do when you first start playing the game) but I got so used to stopping off at the Harbourage, chatting to the gang about our next plan to take down that giant horned lunatic and now its all over and they're not there anymore...its strange
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted AD questline because I think that's very well done, but I think the absolute best questline in the game is the Imperial City (the story with the Drake of Blades). Didn't want to vote "others" though .
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teridaxus wrote: »

Craglorn has been redesigned. You can solo the main quest in Craglorn easily now.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anchorage/Main ESO story
    Because I love Alaska! Oh, wait.................what?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teridaxus wrote: »

Craglorn is 100% soloable...
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD was good overall.

Auridon: 7/10 - Generic cultist conspiracy but with a few interesting plot twists

Grahtwood: 4/10 - Continuation of the aforementioned conspiracy, except it's not a conspiracy anymore

Greenshade: 10/10 - Emotional main quest and fantastic side quests

Malabol Tor: 2/10 - Third straight jungle zone. Really boring main quest with unlikable characters.

Reaper's March: 8/10 - Emotional main quest

AD has some fantastic characters too:

- Queen Ayrenn (by far the most genuine faction leader)
    - Razum-Dar (no need to explain)
    - King Camoran (I think he's super underrated, he's absolutely hilarious if you read between the lines of what he says)
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 5, 2017 10:57AM
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anchorage/Main ESO story
    Ive always been a sucker for a good main story, no exception here. The main story is great. The characters in it are fun, who doesn't love Cadwell's twisted humor and Tharn's condescending attitude. I always get a good laugh when Lyris punches Tharn. xD

That said the Aldmeri Dominion comes in second place. Razum-Dar alone makes it great, and many memorable quests.
    Edited by VDoom1 on August 5, 2017 11:19AM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other - please mention
    None, actually. While most quest lines are fun, some more than others, none of them has me wonder what might happen next or stays with me for long after I finished playing. To me it's more the sum of different quests than induvidual ones that keep me entertained.
    PC EU
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - please mention
    I always like the ones about the nord with no pants.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - please mention
    Main questline.

I always feel bit sad, when it is over and harborage sits empty, with companions never to be seen again.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Fishoscandi
    Fishoscandi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact Questline
    EP's story gets a little dull later on(Skyrim zones IMO), but the stuff before was really good! In Stonefalls you help with the defense against DC, in Deshaan you cure a plague(and meet Naryu :D) and in Shadowfen you stop the AD(I don't remember this zone's story so I might be wrong there).
    Fishoscandi - Orc NB
    Cookie of Dough - Dunmer Templar
    Smells Like Tree Spirit - Bosmer Sorc

EU PC

• mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild quests
    Thieves guild was fun and interesting
    I actually wish I picked the main quest line as that was the best now that I think about it

Either way, I'm playing skyrim atm again and quests in ESO just do not feel the same at all. Way less attention to detail too
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done the Dune quest (and those leading up to it) at least 20 times. And I always get a bit tearful in the end... great story, awesome voice acting from whoever did Shazah and Khali.
    PC-EU
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    I've done the Dune quest (and those leading up to it) at least 20 times. And I always get a bit tearful in the end... great story, awesome voice acting from whoever did Shazah and Khali.

Agree, they are some of the best voice actresses I've ever seen.

Khali's hatred and grief when she sees the bandits always hits me very hard.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for the Daggerfall Covenant because it's my favourite faction to quest in (Rivenspire being my favourite zone story-wise in the whole game), but I also adore Orsinium and tend to compare all new content that comes out to it because I enjoyed it so much - I would have voted for both if I could, but DC looks like it needs more help!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    I have played it all, and though most of my characters are Nords(master race B) ) , by far I thought DC was the best. Even all the little side stories In the DC quest line were truly fantastic. I give a big applause to the writers that did DC!
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • Belyar
    Belyar
    ✭✭✭
    Daggerfall questline for me.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - please mention
    Gold Coast. Also all the characters who keep popping up and bouncing off each other, like Raz and Narayu. If you've never run the quest with those two together, you should. It's pretty hilarious at times.
  • TheCaptainJosh
    TheCaptainJosh
    ✭✭✭
    Other - please mention
    Mages Guild- last quest
    Valaste or two skill points?
    AugustusGray
    PC NA
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other - please mention
    Mages Guild.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - please mention
    I'm not sure where this is at, but there's a quest where you save an abused horse.

That's my fav quest, I'll never forget how terrified that horse looked when I first tried to pet it.
    Master Debater
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other - please mention
    I can remember many quests in ESO simply cause I completed them, but not say that I liked them :/
    Well, Orsinium main story had unexpected turn once after which I was very curious to see what happens next...
    And one quest which I almost truly loved - it was minor side quest in Eastmarch, when ghost of woman asked me to reunite her with her daughters. That was rather cool tracking quest with dark and scary story (thanks to all those creepy diary pages and some voice lines of her dead daughters), which almost made me feel I'm playing Witcher again (almost - cause nothing is that level of "scary" in ESO, and of course "immersion" in multiplayer game). In most of ESO puzzle quests I search for solution online cause I have no interest in what's going on in quest - but that time, I was searching for burial sites rather long time myself, cause it was actually thrilling. The quest to remember <3 Thanks also to those people who wrote this quest and decided not to put burial sites on map - it was very important part for such story.
    Edited by Fischblut on August 5, 2017 6:01PM
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD. Feels like the characters you meet appear throughout and all have good story arcs. And the main quests all sort of build off each other zone to zone.

Also, a naval battle. That was a stand out quest right there.
    Edited by ProfessorKittyhawk on August 5, 2017 6:34PM
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other - please mention
    Any quest where you kill argonians
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - please mention
    Not a quest per se... but I think its in Alik'r where there is a dog just sitting in front of his owner's tomb... still gets me a little verklempt...
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact Questline
    Honestly, even though the Ebonheart Pact is the faction I support, I will admit the main reason I like the EP's questline is Shadowfen. The Shadowfen questline, in my opinion, is more interesting than the the majority of the Dominion or Covenant questlines (I did say majority, not all of them).

Although if I had to choose one questline as my favorite overall, it is hand down Orsinium's. The characters were memorable, the quests were made extremely well, and I actually liked how you could have a bit of a different outcome depending on a single character living or dying. Orsinium had more depth than most of the other questlines in the game hand down.

So why didn't I vote for it?...for some reason, I didn't see on the list until after I voted and was like "CRAP!" ^^;
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on August 6, 2017 9:36AM