Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

WEAPON DYES! We've waited and waited... Shields only? Really?

• MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Add Weapon Dyes to the game.
    I would like to see them dyable as there is no reason why they shouldn't be. But I bet Zos couldn't care less, otherwise they'd have added it 3 years ago or at least have taken 2 minutes to comment.
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see them dyable as there is no reason why they shouldn't be. But I bet Zos couldn't care less, otherwise they'd have added it 3 years ago or at least have taken 2 minutes to comment.

Yeah they've been tagged numerous times in this thread by numerous people, and not one peep from them... If this was a crown store related thread and they'd been tagged, INSTANT RESPONSE. :expressionless:
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that weapons are already dyed to red when you hit 160 does not help. I would be fine with not dying weapons if they were regular silver and bronze, but because of this i want my weapons silver or black :)
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    AnviOfVai wrote: »
    The fact that weapons are already dyed to red when you hit 160 does not help. I would be fine with not dying weapons if they were regular silver and bronze, but because of this i want my weapons silver or black :)

Black Obsidian swords awhhh yehhhhhh
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Because I like actual look. I think a true color of the weapon is the color of material it is made from. I'd welcome more the ability to paint my mounts or put some cool looking textures or large tattoos by which I could express my personal character.

@Gargath

Fair argument.

But its just not the case with any other metal/leather/cloth items in the game that our characters can wear and dye. To be able to dye armour, hats and shields but not weapons is just frustrating. Realism is not the goal here in fantasy games so...

The more complete our options are at character customization and the ability to make our characters unique to us is one of the most rewarding things in video games we get to to, to make our character look badarse and unique to us. :smile:
    Edited by celner4_ESO on August 2, 2017 6:13PM
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Don't add Weapon Dyes to the game.
    No rainbow colored swords for you.
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    No rainbow colored swords for you.

Where is this rainbow colored dye you speak of and how to I obtain it?

Is it an achievement from getting both of your dads down to 0%hp at the same time before one or the other has time to respawn back?
  • GreyWolf_79
    GreyWolf_79
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah they've been tagged numerous times in this thread by numerous people, and not one peep from them... If this was a crown store related thread and they'd been tagged, INSTANT RESPONSE. :expressionless:

Hey, now you're onto something... weapon dyes, crown store exclusive only!

I'm kidding, of course, but I could see it happening.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks to everyone for taking the time to vote and comment. At this time, we have no plans to add weapon dyes to ESO. However, we are hard at work on the transmogrification system which will allow you to customize the appearance of your character’s gear. While it may seem like weapon dyeing is an easy thing to add since we already have shield dyeing, there’s a lot of work that goes into implementing something like this, and we’re currently focusing our attention on the transmog system instead. We’ll get into more details about how that system will work once it gets a bit closer to release; we’re still actively working on getting it implemented.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Hey, now you're onto something... weapon dyes, crown store exclusive only!

I'm kidding, of course, but I could see it happening.

Yeah, more revenue which is obviously #1 on the list of priorities for ZOS. At least management... Poor ZOS Employees dealing with PoS Management souring up this beloved game and all its potential is just depressing :disappointed:
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for taking the time to vote and comment. At this time, we have no plans to add weapon dyes to ESO. However, we are hard at work on the transmogrification system which will allow you to customize the appearance of your character’s gear. While it may seem like weapon dyeing is an easy thing to add since we already have shield dyeing, there’s a lot of work that goes into implementing something like this, and we’re currently focusing our attention on the transmog system instead. We’ll get into more details about how that system will work once it gets a bit closer to release; we’re still actively working on getting it implemented.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    THANK YOU for responding :heart:

Having Weapon Dying Implemented in with Transmogrification would be smart though, but being able to pick different colored weapons now to cover the 160cp candy apple red will be nice!!! THANK YOU again for the response. :smile:
    Edited by celner4_ESO on August 2, 2017 7:18PM
  • OC_Justice
    OC_Justice
    ✭✭✭

SAWEEEET!!
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I'll take Tmogging ebony swords over nothing at all, thank god another option other then cp160 candy apple red weapons are coming!!!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Would be nice to have it like creating your own costumes slots.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Having Weapon Dying Implemented in with Transmogrification would be smart though, but being able to pick different colored weapons now to cover the 160cp candy apple red will be nice!!! THANK YOU again for the response. :smile:

Thats if you can actually do that. Theres no indication of that in the reply. For all we know we might only be able to transmog max level gear to other max level gear.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on August 2, 2017 7:26PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Thats if you can actually do that. For all we know we might only be able to transmog max level gear to other max level gear.

Yeah although when they officially release the implementation of Transmogging there will be more info on what exactly we'll be able to Tmog. Fair point, hopefully its not unnecessarily restricted on what we can Tmog.
  • GreyWolf_79
    GreyWolf_79
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I, for one, never assumed that weapon dyeing was something that would be "easy" to add. I'm sure it would take many, many hours of development time, and it's unlikely that it would end up paying for itself (probably not a bunch of people out there saying, "I'd love to buy ESO, but not unless I get to dye my weapons" LOL) My vote for weapon dyeing was simply a wish, not an expectation. I also wish I could win the lottery and retire. But I'm not holding my breath. :)
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please please please please please please please please please please please please make Transmog involve actual crafting system and not simply be a reskinning. I want to craft good, useful gear, not just slap a skin onto things.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I am not a fan of the red weapons. Please ZOS let us transmog the weapons to a different color!!!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno I'm glad that there's a focus in the transmog system, but I do hope weapon dyes are in the pipeline afterwards because it is a serious problem aesthetically, especially since some weapons are especially large and clashy when the wrong color. Just look at the Khajiit greatsword. It's massive and contributes a great deal to the overall visual impact, so when it's stuck on the dark red color we have to either limit our color palette considerably or just accept that clashing will happen.

Anyway, aside from that, we're all excited to hear about the transmog system!! You say that it will let us customize the appearance of the character's "gear"... can we take this to mean full customization of armor, shields, and weapons? Because I super-duper very much hope we can!! Also, will the method of using the system be closer to the current and highly-praised Collections UI, possibly directly implemented into it, or will it be something else? Will it work differently (read: better) for ESO Plus members or be the same for all users? I'm looking at the costume-dyeing system here as the metric for past performance in this regard.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please please please please please please please please please please please please make Transmog involve actual crafting system and not simply be a reskinning. I want to craft good, useful gear, not just slap a skin onto things.

@MasterSpatula

This is somewhat the exact opposite of what I want. While I want crafting knowledge to be required for reskinning, I want to be able to customize freely and on a whim once I've accumulated the knowledge, not have to spend additional resources every time I change looks, which I would like to occur frequently. The whole point of the system is to allow better character customization, it would be severely off-message if it was hard or expensive to use. The current Collections UI is an example of customization done right, and I hope transmog is either implemented nearly the same or directly into the Collections system.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dreams of wielding a soul-shriven Goldbrand shattered.. Hopefully the transmog system will at least allow us to change the look of a rubedite sword to an orichalcum one for example?
    love is love
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    trans-1-5.gif
  • RizaHawkeye
    RizaHawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Thats if you can actually do that. Theres no indication of that in the reply. For all we know we might only be able to transmog max level gear to other max level gear.

This would be really disappointing. It would defeat the reason why many people wanted transmogrification in the first place: because some lower level armors look better than their highest level counterparts - and some high level armors are completely hideous.

The only purpose it would serve is to convert overland and other dropped sets to a different style. And while that is useful, it only address a small part of the larger issue. I'm really hoping they'll allow us to convert high level gear to low level gear.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

The heroes during times of war, are nothing but mass murderers during times of peace.

Riza Hawkeye

Learn to play, or resign to become one of pieces that is meant to be sacrificed.

Meridia
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Needs a I don't care option.

This.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only purpose it would serve is to convert overland and other dropped sets to a different style. And while that is useful, it only address a small part of the larger issue.

Quite the opposite in fact. I think this is the main reason people want transmog. So they have control over what their character looks like when wearing gear they busted their asses to get.

With that said, I agree it would be VERY disappointing if you couldnt tmog gear to lower level versions. Im a bit worried this might be the case tho. Otherwise someone would (perhaps?) have told us something along the lines of 'dont worry, this will be solved by our tmog system' in a thread enquiring about changing weapon colors.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on August 2, 2017 11:54PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so so so tired of the all-red weapons. Just let me at least change the metal colors to something less clashy.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I can transmog a lower level, better colored sword over my red sword, that will be acceptable for the time being. I'd still like to dye them later though.
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I see weapon dye suggestions I can't help but think of that thread a year or two ago where someone was like "this is why we don't have weapon colors" and posted a picture of a spiky mace from some other game. In odd electric colors. That did not look like a -- ahem-- "personal" toy.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • Dayth
    Dayth
    ✭✭✭

I'm glad we'll be able to us the appearance of lower tiered armour in future!

Is there any decent chance that weapon dyeing will be worked on in the future? I'm more than likely in the minority here but I'd be more excited for weapon dyes over weapon transmogrification.
    Edited by Dayth on August 3, 2017 1:40AM