Maintenance for the week of June 17:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 17, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PC/NA Sotha Sil] This is getting out of hand...

  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    at this point you are all projecting. probably because im the only DC on these threads with the _balls to stand up for the truth.

    but the fact of the matter is: Im on Shor. and i was on Almalexia before that. whatever me and my guild do, doesnt affect you at all.

    its ok, i'll let you AD and EP huddle around your campfire telling tales of the evil CN and DC on Sotha, because lets be honest, you never wanted to hear a difference of opinion in the first place, right?

    i've made my point and said all i need to say. You want change? it starts with you. man up, and set the example.

    If you're on shor then don't bring pointless talk into this thread since anything you say has no relevance here. No one likes your faction because of all the negative, salty, racist hate whispers.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    @Prince_of_all_Pugs I was under the impression you left TM because you didn't think we had a large enough zerg to run with. I was only in the guild for a brief time before you left but I remember we had good times

    We hit 24 once in the past year plus, and that was a brief period during the double AP event. Lately our group size falls between 12 and 18, sometimes smaller. We don't stack with our pugs except in dethrone situations. Why do you insist on spreading misinformation about TM?

    lol Misinformation,
    Kartalin wrote: »
    @Prince_of_all_Pugs I was under the impression you left TM because you didn't think we had a large enough zerg to run with. I was only in the guild for a brief time before you left but I remember we had good times

    We hit 24 once in the past year plus, and that was a brief period during the double AP event. Lately our group size falls between 12 and 18, sometimes smaller. We don't stack with our pugs except in dethrone situations. Why do you insist on spreading misinformation about TM?

    The only misinformation in this conversion was that i left tm cause they started inviting badplars like you, not cause they didnt zerg enough.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter , just a point of order about the team orange stuff: DC is pushed to their gates and we take their scrolls, then in about 45 minutes to and hour they have their tri keeps back. Nobody camps their gates (a la CN has been doing) and nobody spends hours beating in the folks who try to take Rayles/Warden/Glade. Pretty quickly EP and AD start hitting each other and DC claws back into the fight enough to lay the groundwork for another bluebird day.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only misinformation in this conversion was that i left tm cause they started inviting badplars like you, not cause they didnt zerg enough.
    Aww, I wasn't even a badplar yet back then, I was still just a badblade.
    Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    Kharllotta, AD Stamden, AR 27
    Kharinnia, AD MagDK, AR 23
    Tertiary Meat - Warbunnies of Doom - NA/PC - @ Larinon - Youtube
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good trolling, good salt. Well seasoned. Seems AP event is over and all is back to normal.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys dont know how annoying it is to get a PM from tm to dethrone D :s :s :s :s :s :s D >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:), when your just trying to do you own thing. this has happened to me 5 times. what other guild does that? its cause of whiny players like TM ,that dc is Wrongfully viewed as the strongest overall faction.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing.. EP was fighting DC and this DK we all keep talking about all night the other night, while an AD guild mentioned a lot in this thread did nothing but sit in Arrius and file their nails on EP pugs.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    There is already a thread detailing this entire issue:

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356649/sotha-sil-na-pc-thread-2/p1

    Please stay hydrated, the salt is real.

    With that being said - If you are DC, put your money where your mouth is and come to Shor. Legions of Mordor have already moved and Requiem moved back when Almalexia was still live.

    any DC that appreciates a fair and honest campaign - you'd have left Sotha a long time ago.

    and to be fair, EP is doing the same thing to DC on Shor. My guild mates logged in yesterday morning to an all red map. DC was pushed to our gate keeps last night by 10:30AM EDT and no doubt to their gates by this morning. I can get an update for you if youd like.

    DC was doubled teamed as well as Rayles and Warden and Glade resources were constantly flipped and as a consequence cut off by AD while DC struggled at Aleswell and Ash. DC is constantly forced to fight two fronts. but poor Sotha Sil, right?

    CN is retribution, Ive come to learn. You may weep tears on Sotha Sil, but those same individuals plunder another server.

    lol - guys i love to RP. im a closet RPer. in all seriousness though, despite the map being colored blue in the mornings, it is QUITE competitive around primetime from what I hear.

    at least there isnt any EMPEROR FLIPPING going on on Sotha Sil - its just the same guy getting emperor at 4AM. i respect that more than the AD that crown and emp, then switch over to their EP characters to crown an emp thats going on, in Shor.

    Let's face it all factions have done it at some point (i.e. Remember buff servers?). I never homed an EP one but I fought on the Haderus AD one. Back then they didn't log out to fight later that is why this seems more frustrating. You can't stop what you can't fight. Tonight my group of 5-6 took a resouce and we had ~50 on us to take it back. I personally couldn't play that way but some how they do. I can honestly say I don't remember AD bringing those numbers to Haderus to stop Tyago's little group of 8. So this is different. So what do you do? Get a bigger zerg? Where does that end? And where do you get the people? Especially if people would rather sit in a que for Vivec or zerg down Shor. We as a guild decided not to return to our home of Haderus now Shor for that reason. Our plan was to commit one cycle to no cp & approximately 10 months later here we are still in no cp. I have lost some good players because of that move and gained other good players in their wake. Since then I have learned a lot & think I am a better player & leader beciase of it. Where are the other EP guilds willing to make the same sacrifice? Instead I hear the same thing calls for ZoS to do something maybe they should or maybe we should just do it ourselves because as one reply already stated it is human nature to want to take the path of least resistance. But it is so rewarding to know that your build is sound & when you win there was some skill involved. When you loose so the other guy had it a little better that time. So where are you EP? Is the 30k gold & your cp worth it? Sorry maybe my body is a little sore from all the t-bags I've been getting after 50 run over me.
    Edited by Dutchessx on August 2, 2017 3:08AM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - EP NA
    Esperanza de Casca - Templar - AD NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Gwendolyn Ashford - Templar - DC NA
    The Dutchess of Lost Souls - Necromancer - DC NA
    Always beware of the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Azura’s Star
    Free No CP
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sLeM93v.jpg

    Sotha Sil at 11:10pm EST.

    AD and EP have given up due to this idiot and his guild ruining the entire campaign. I'm all for good fighting and decent faction wars, even at the expense of losing. But this is just flat out stupid when it happens every day.

    Also, people who don't even play on this campaign shouldn't even comment on threads pertaining to Sotha Sil.

    And one final comment: "Team purple" isn't a thing. AD is the first faction to jump on EP when we show up to a dethroning keep, not the other way around.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Airyus
    Airyus
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    @PenguinInACan

    I pvped on Azura's Star for 4 months, then Sotha Sil from its birth to when CN moved onto the server.

    I left because i saw the writing on the wall and did not want me or my guild associated with the night capping on Sotha. I went to a doomed Almalexia and made do with what I had, which is now Shor.

    I think i have the right to an opinion maybe even more than most because I took the high road during a bad situation. I am well aware that during prime time, Sotha Sil is not as the thread is titled: "getting out of hand..."

    Im saying: the people logging in at 10 am for whatever reason, youre pushed to your gates - so what? so is DC on Shor. you see me creating threads crying about it?

    What matters is during PRIMEtime. when the fighting is most competitive and most thick, how that map looks. and right now, you guys are double teaming a faction for their actions during a time that frankly, no one cares about. like talking about the map at 4AM or 10AM doesnt matter. what matters is whats happening when everyone can compete. and unfortunately, EP and AD look like the aggressors. You come on these forums to rally discontent and spread propaganda that DC is so evil, when the truth of the matter is: DC gets double teamed and pushed to the gates during primetime every night. and then EP goes and does it on other campaigns.

    It's simple mathematics. When there's an emp both factions work to dethrone. Doesn't matter what color you are. KISS it man. (Keep it simple stupid)
  • AsherGrey
    AsherGrey
    Taysa wrote: »
    sLeM93v.jpg

    Sotha Sil at 11:10pm EST.

    AD and EP have given up due to this idiot and his guild ruining the entire campaign. I'm all for good fighting and decent faction wars, even at the expense of losing. But this is just flat out stupid when it happens every day.

    Also, people who don't even play on this campaign shouldn't even comment on threads pertaining to Sotha Sil.

    And one final comment: "Team purple" isn't a thing. AD is the first faction to jump on EP when we show up to a dethroning keep, not the other way around.

    That map is because of our guild. We logged on in force and flipped the map. We didn't defend any tri-keeps. for ad or ep.
    It was 11 pm est. Thats early for us. I've stated before we play from 9pm-6am cst.
    "team purple" isn't real. There was a short term alliance between a small red guild and an AD guild. but otherwise, they attack eachother regularly.

    (unrelated to op)
    .. Why can't anyone in this thread be honest? All of these Sotha threads are just finger pointing and crying.

    -Co-GM of Consortium
    -DC
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭
    Let me tell you guys a story.

    Let's say there is a guild, a hypothetical guild. This DC guild makes it a point to build up a force every night as the rest of the population begins to wind down. Every night, very consistently, they "dominate" the map with a large numbers advantage.

    Sometimes they get on a bit too early and get kicked around by even numbers. No problem, they just leave cyrodil and wait for more people to log off.

    Disgusted by this practice, many DC players who would otherwise have been playing on the campaign, especially the ones whose free time align with that of this certain guild stop playing. They either move campaigns, or stay out of cyrodil. You see, contrary to the twisted world view of this certain guild, most people derive no pleasure from an empty victory against nonexistent opponents.

    That's like playing monopoly by yourself and eventually buying every property on the board with the $200 you collect every time you pass go. What kind of boring uninteresting people can engage in such behavior night after night, morning after morning? What kind of meaningless existence leads a human being like you and me to spend hours of their precious free time watching the same old arc of a trebuchet shot drift slowly toward an undefended keep? It is tragic, really. Hypothetically, that is.

    Then there are the people on AD and EP who lead normal productive lives, wanting to enjoy a bit of fun, engaging pvp on the evenings. They, like the good DC are out of luck. 3 bars worth of this DC guild have pushed both factions to their gates and stand alert, their commander ready at an instants notice to mobilize the entire faction army... to respond to four EP or AD just taking some resources back at their innermost home keeps. For hours they stand in high alert, blood pumping, 40 pair of eyes glued to the map screen ready to make each AD and EP player log out almost as soon as they log in.

    So they, too, quit playing during this time. For those whose only free time overlaps with that of this hypothetical DC guild, that means either leaving their home campaign (and only non cp campaign) behind, or just giving up on this game.

    This hypothetical guild may say but hey, we are having fun, that's what matters; but the way they are having fun is selfish and if we are being completely, hypothetically being honest, more than a little pathetic. Entire swathes of players, better humans than this imagined DC guild are unable to enjoy the game. The entire game for some are rendered completely unplayable to protect the laughably fragile egos of the members of this guild huddled together late at night for safety from even the most remotely competent human opposition.

    And aren't we all glad this is all just a story? I sure am.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AsherGrey wrote: »
    Taysa wrote: »
    sLeM93v.jpg

    Sotha Sil at 11:10pm EST.

    AD and EP have given up due to this idiot and his guild ruining the entire campaign. I'm all for good fighting and decent faction wars, even at the expense of losing. But this is just flat out stupid when it happens every day.

    Also, people who don't even play on this campaign shouldn't even comment on threads pertaining to Sotha Sil.

    And one final comment: "Team purple" isn't a thing. AD is the first faction to jump on EP when we show up to a dethroning keep, not the other way around.

    That map is because of our guild. We logged on in force and flipped the map. We didn't defend any tri-keeps. for ad or ep.
    It was 11 pm est. Thats early for us. I've stated before we play from 9pm-6am cst.
    "team purple" isn't real. There was a short term alliance between a small red guild and an AD guild. but otherwise, they attack eachother regularly.

    (unrelated to op)
    .. Why can't anyone in this thread be honest? All of these Sotha threads are just finger pointing and crying.

    Please guys how do you get purple (tip not with red and yellow)? Anyways very insightful to have DC commenting here that play in Sotha. I am also wondering what else you can say about all blue map that is flipped constantly?
    Sword and shield and jackboot heel
    We love to kill, we love to kill
    We love to taste our own blood
    Squirm in our own gore
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Machete wrote: »
    Every campaign is different, and yes this is the Sotha Sil thread.

    False. This is the Sotha Sil Thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356649/sotha-sil-na-pc-thread-2/p1
    Machete wrote: »
    In both EP and AD. Both of us are team orange, because we're so sick of this and said DC guilds always backing out and not accepting a fight.

    Finally, one EP/AD willing to admit there is collusion. Ya'll are POTUS of ESO!


    ya'll stop tagging me in this thread. Ive bowed out. said what I needed to say. I still think you should set an example. You wont change my mind. you see this:
    HiImRex wrote: »
    Disgusted by this practice, many DC players who would otherwise have been playing on the campaign, especially the ones whose free time align with that of this certain guild stop playing. They either move campaigns, or stay out of cyrodil.

    That was me. I have literal screen shot proof that I tried to reach out to CN in an attempt to make Sotha a legit campaign. So as the only DC in this thread, and probably the ONLY one EVER to EVER try and work something out with the guy, I think my opinion means a lot more than most.

    that sounds a little pompous but seriously, I have done all the right things: I reached out to the guy, got him to pledge. then Memorial Day weekend happened, I was hiking in nature with my beautiful bride-to-be, I came back and Sotha is a [snip] show. It wasnt just CN though, its was LoM (who I am glad came to their senses and is no longer associated - I lke these guys very much). So i took my guild and moved to ALMALEXIA - DOOMED ALMALEXIA, and toughed it out. and it was tough folks. <Dreadlords> were dreadful indeed. Looking at my actual actions: I reached out to the guilty party and gave an effort to arrange some etiquette, and when that fell through, i took my portion of DC to another server as to not compound the problem. Im like, a hero.

    Lemme tell you about Shor last night: after pvping all night and all day, Foras Goetia finally crowned DC emperor. He was promptly dethroned by <Vae Victus> (and probably more but you know, cant help it if you dont wear a guild tabard). This was a large group. unorganized DC had no chance. my Miat's alerts addon counted 23 EP at one point against my initial group of 4 + 3-6 freelance DC. do you know what happened? EP was attacking DC gate keeps for our scrolls as AD sat untouched. AD had every single one of their home keeps AND their scrolls but EP Emperor zerg pushed DC who had no keeps.!


    As the night went by, Requiem grew to 10 players and the Empress stayed on to defend with her group of 15. Working with <Senato Leones>, DC was able to push all our home keeps even ash bruma bleakers and took CHALMAN (what an epic battle). We left AD alone, we left EP gate keeps alone, AD eventually took Alessia and Roebeck, it was a solid 3 sided war.

    BRK was all that stood but something happened to Cristo's group and 15 EP+Emp with my group that dropped to 7, we couldnt compete. We had one last EPIC defense of Chalman, backs against our walls, fighting on the back flag, the whole nine yards, and then we called it a night.

    Thats a campaign folks. a real campaign.

    Stopped reading when you brought in another campaign again. Like you said...you are out.
    Sooo...enjoy Shor and good luck to you!
  • ZOS_MikaS
    ZOS_MikaS
    admin
    While we expect a certain level of competitiveness around a game with PVP elements, we feel that this thread has gone too far and become disruptive. Because of this we are closing the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.