Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Website Design and Navigation

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks Great to me on my computer.
    Good Work!
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like the new news section on the home page. Many more articles accessable right away!

But I also agree with many of the others here that the header and space below (forums) could be smaller. It just makes getting to the actual content take longer.

On the home page I don't really like the huge ad for the latest content - currently Morrowind. I know that it's out, I have it, I don't need to be reminded of it everytime. For newcomers it might be good, for others not so much. It would be nice if it could be closed, because this also prevents seeing the interesting stuff right away.

And the place of the language selection is rather unintuitive. I wouldn't have found it, had I not seen the place in this thread. Mainly, because most pages are very long and the footer is only visible when you are already far to the bottom. Selecting the correct language is something I would want to do right away, not after having looked through all of the page first.
    Maybe place it next to the support link in the header?
    Edited by feyii on August 1, 2017 4:26PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks slick, but I find the scrolling header a bit intrusive. The way it minimizes as you scroll really bothers me, and it takes up too much of the screen even on a desktop computer. Especially since there's so much empty space!
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don´t like it
    all tabs very small left above, why so small????
    is this for your customers, that is we who pay for this, or is it to find more people to hire, or what ever??
    no more to say
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one finds the moving thingy at the top rather large and also finds its movement somewhat disturbing.

It feels like it is a popup that you want to look for something to close it down again or hide it. But you can't ...

It honestly feels rather bothersome to this one yes.

A forum should stay still unless this one she chooses it to move - or she is drunk.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

This x1000

What an awful design change. It's always hilarious that companies feel the need to change things that are perfectly fine and they always somehow make it worse. I guess these people need something to do to keep their jobs though...

If it ain't broke...

Edited by Remag_Div on August 1, 2017 5:05PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I use the forums today.. the more annoyed I am at the delayed loading of the header. Hopefully that fix coming will be lovely.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re: New website design and navigation. On Google Chrome Android with Nougat News > Announcements the page is blank. :/:(
    Edited by Auldjohn on August 1, 2017 5:20PM
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why no Reddit or Twitter icon?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banner at the top is a little too big for my tastes . Can not navigate the personal bar because it covers my inbox and notifications on Mobil . I use Apple iPad for forums . Also scrolling on Mobil is very difficult . Does not want to scroll more then a one post length at a time . I would reduce the header on Mobil so that the choice to refresh the current topic area is still available and clicking on personal notifications and email is still not difficult . As of right now the header with Elder Scrolls Online takes up 1/4 of the entire screen .

I do like the quick navigation tabs and simplicity of it .
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the list: I feel the the giant forum header menu is annoying and out of proportion.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Looks pretty nice. You might want to tighten up some of the empty spaces between text and borders, and between text windows, as that is a lot of extra real estate just sort of hanging around.

empty%20spaces.png
    That's the fully scrolled up header. It shrinks to something more reasonable when you start scrolling. The fundamental problem is the god-awful jerkiness.

Big problem with that header tho. It appears EVERY FREAKING PAGE when you go to the next page of one of the sorts, forcing the next page of content down. We just need it to be a full header once.. then stay small.

Oh.. and WHEN exactly,, will it remember my ID across the links on the top bar? I mean.. I really was born on 01/01/1900 after all....
    Edited by Darlgon on August 1, 2017 6:12PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the "jerkiness" mentioned previously is referring to the fact that the supposedly "static" top banner bounces around when you're scrolling. It doesn't do it when you click-and-drag the scroll bar, but does with mouse-wheel, page up/page down, and the arrow buttons. That might be browser-specific, as it doesn't seem to be an issue for me on Firefox.

I think the top navigation,
    GAME ACCOUNT STORE FORUM SUPPORT
    is a bit too small, while the bar underneath (which is different depending on whether you're on the main site, the forums, or the account section) is a bit too big. The text in the lower bar should be a bit smaller than "The Elder Scrolls Online" in the bar above, while the top and bottom padding of the lower bar certainly needs to be reduced.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When non-designers give their input :mask:
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    News > Announcements is blank on Chrome Android Nougat.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldjohn wrote: »
    News > Announcements is blank on Chrome Android Nougat.

@Auldjohn What phone/browser? Shows up on my S8 (Nougat) using either chrome or samsung browser.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The header animations are annoying and cumbersome. Please revert.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please for the love of god make the top part of the banner be how it is when you scroll down always. The constant shrinking and enlarging of the banner is giving me a damn headache.

Keep it like this, all the time:
    BD4OXZz.png

Stop having this:
    DbilBzr.png

The constant swapping between the 2 is really frustrating.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new header jumps from very large to somewhat smaller but still larger than before every time a page is refreshed or you go to a new page.

The page content jumps with it, which is *really* annoying ...
    icon8.gif
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    @paulsimonps @SirAndy @Scyantific @Enodoc @Darlgon @NBrookus @Rohamad_Ali @Tasear @SantieClaws and all others:

Life Tip for those who think the header is too big:

Install Adblock (if you haven't already).
    Rightclick the logo and block it.

This way the huge logo that covers 25% of the screen will not be visible even if you are scrolled all the way up.It also stops the header from jumping.

Blocking was the first thing I did when I saw this new monstrosity. Honestly ZOS, just get of that logo and we are all happy.
    Edited by Draqone on August 1, 2017 8:30PM
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that I had time to look at the site a bit longer, scrolling seems very laggy. And I get the impression that this is caused by all the things that get enlarged and reduced again - be it the header or any images if you happen to hover over them. This is rather annoying.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »

Nice tip @Draqone , works like a charm. Simple, but one had to think of it. Thank you.

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @paulsimonps @SirAndy @Scyantific @Enodoc @Darlgon @NBrookus @Rohamad_Ali @Tasear @SantieClaws and all others:

This way the huge logo that covers 25% of the screen will not be visible even if you are scrolled all the way up.It also stops the header from jumping.

Blocking was the first thing I did when I saw this new monstrosity. Honestly ZOS, just get of that logo and we are all happy.

For uBlock users, go in config and put the following in "My Filters"

forums.elderscrollsonline.com##.universal-nav

will remove that monstrosity at the top that takes up half your screen and jumps around like a Khajit on skooma.
    Edited by Docmandu on August 1, 2017 8:57PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll this back and blame it on hacktivists. We will believe you.
    Edited by timidobserver on August 1, 2017 9:46PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone scroll to this man's post and click all the Awesomes. Thank you for this
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously.. this is a feedback thread. Give them the feedback that the header is too big. We dont need a workaround, just to as many players as possible to tell them its too big and makes the screen jumpy.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Seriously.. this is a feedback thread. Give them the feedback that the header is too big. We dont need a workaround, just to as many players as possible to tell them its too big and makes the screen jumpy.

Lol you must be new here. Let me tell you about "feedback."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Certainly not. That doesn't fix the problem, it just hides it away.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally despise the expanding bar at the top for these reasons;

1. It pushes the text upwards or downwards causing me to eye-shift to locate the start of the text, which is annoying.
    2. It uses FAR too much space. It's way too big
    3. There is far too much wasted space.
    4. It looks like a pop-up advertising banner, which I also despise.

Also, the bar at the bottom has far too much empty space and uses far too much screen space to relay little information.

It feels claustrophobic.

I'll be using the forum much less until it changes. It is painful to look at.

'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't think that you should follow the trend of having mobile app makers work on websites meant to be viewed on a PC. The entire concept of how to make a well balanced site is different for the two mediums. Please revert or fix what you have for the main site and forums the improperly designed header and footer take up to half of the viewable space on a larger monitor.

lol, thanks...for some odd reason I didn't think of that. BTW this applies to most of the elements to shrink it down to a manageable size.

Edited by Belegnole on August 1, 2017 10:33PM
This discussion has been closed.