The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Website Design and Navigation

• MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    The theme is great. I just have a few odd bugs:

- the avatar images aren't loading (this isn't the bug of new layout, it's been for some days). I only see my own and basic Ouroboros avatars, all others seem to have image missing. I'm using Chrome. Anyone else having this? Nevermind, this isn't the issue with the website, it's something else, maybe my virus protection or something...

edit: though, when I try to open avatar-images of others to a new tab, I get error message. And then, when I change the image address from https to http, I can view the image in new tab. Wierd.

- When clicking "Sign In", the sign-in area goes under the header. I have my information saved, but if I hadn't, I could not fill my user name, as it is under the header (password part is visible). This was only issue in Chrome, in Firefox sign-in area was much lower.
    Edited by MarrazzMist on August 2, 2017 10:57AM
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FLambda wrote: »
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    Heh, someone already re-designed the redesign, and it's perfect!

ZOS devs... implement these design changes!

planning to add the server status too now
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like new layout and buttons locations.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unnecessarily large header & footer, far too intrusive

if feels like i have accidentally 'zoomed in' on the web page

more time & money wasted by a company making unnecessary changes instead of addressing actual issues

GG on the continuity of terrible service!
    Edited by bebynnag on August 2, 2017 11:40AM
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    The theme is great. I just have a few odd bugs:

- the avatar images aren't loading (this isn't the bug of new layout, it's been for some days). I only see my own and basic Ouroboros avatars, all others seem to have image missing. I'm using Chrome. Anyone else having this? Nevermind, this isn't the issue with the website, it's something else, maybe my virus protection or something...

edit: though, when I try to open avatar-images of others to a new tab, I get error message. And then, when I change the image address from https to http, I can view the image in new tab. Wierd.

- When clicking "Sign In", the sign-in area goes under the header. I have my information saved, but if I hadn't, I could not fill my user name, as it is under the header (password part is visible). This was only issue in Chrome, in Firefox sign-in area was much lower.

I to have missing pictures and avatars. Firefox and Edge on win10. And it IS a problem on ZOS's end. Although https://, Firefox claims parts of the website are not secure, like pictures and therefore isn't loading them. Padlock in front of the address isn't green as should be on https but is showing a yellow exclamation mark.
    Edited by HansK on August 2, 2017 12:14PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FLambda wrote: »
    Heh, someone already re-designed the redesign, and it's perfect!

ZOS devs... implement these design changes!
    Language flags would probably be better off at the top rather than in the Forum strip, since the language choices are not a forum-only setting.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc

Think im placing the flags on top, right from the support link

IAesJSY.jpg
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc
    Think im placing the flags on top, right from the support link
    Yeah that would work. I was thinking on the right next to the Buy Now button, but since you put Server Status there, the left would be fine.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's okay overall, but the slight delay on the drop-down menu every time you change pages in the forum is really bad for my eyes. It pushes the entire page down when it drops and then back up when it gets smaller. Please take pity on people with tired eyes, make the menu of a fixed size and do not make it change the position of the entire page.
    Edited by Abeille on August 2, 2017 12:34PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, thanks so much for your feedback! Just wanted to let you know we're looking at options to change or adjust the top navigation bar/header. Stay tuned for updates...

Try doing a hard refresh of your browser or clear your cache; this issue was fixed yesterday afternoon.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on August 2, 2017 1:58PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too much flickery stuff. The header on forums is always jumping/readjusting when I open a page, and checking the store showcase last night had the side bar flickering while I scrolled. This is very annoying. Things were fine the way they were before. Now I kinda dread even viewing ESO's various pages :(
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • DarkruneDK
    DarkruneDK
    Soul Shriven
    Why not center the footer content? - For some reason it always annoys me, then they aren't centered...

All you need to do is add text-align: center; to the CSS file (to the footer element).
    Edited by DarkruneDK on August 2, 2017 3:16PM
    Kind Regards,
    DarkruneDK | My website: Darkrune Gamer Site (Danish)
  • Rasimir
    Rasimir
    ✭✭✭
    The new header and to some extend the footer are horrible on my mobile device. A lot of space is now occupied with useless space, and i can barely scoll through the articles. Please give uns an option to turn them off.
  • onemoredragon
    onemoredragon
    ✭✭✭
    This is what happens now with the sign in on Chrome.

sign_in_1.png

Managed to bypass it by zooming a lot though.
    PC EU @OneMoreDragon

Rakshasi Raijina, khajiit sorceror, adventurer and crafter
    Keel-Neesha, argonian dragonknight tank
    Asharlys, orc templar tank
    Wanheda Praimfaya, nord necromancer tank
    Alessia Whitegold, redguard templar 2h/bow DD
    Mitsuro Naztharune, khajiit dragonknight dw/bow DD
    Viannereth, bosmer warden bow/bow DD
    Moraelyn of Ra'athim, dunmer necromancer magicka DD

So long as the dragonfires shall burn, to you, and to all generations, I swear that my Hearts blood shall hold fast the Gates of Oblivion.
  • lbishopl
    lbishopl
    I could do without the expanding banner/header. Other than that, I like the changes.
  • GreyWolf_79
    GreyWolf_79
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like it. My scroll bar has disappeared and it now takes forever for me to scroll to the top or bottom of a page. Could be my crappy browser... I'll try my other browsers and see if that fixes the problem.

EDIT: okay, scroll bar works on alternative browser, but I still don't like the header following me around. Just a personal opinion.
    Edited by GreyWolf_79 on August 2, 2017 4:00PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sign_in_1.png

@onemoredragon As Gina posted above, clear cache. That bug was fixed yesterday.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    The moving thingy on the top... nerf the moving thingy!!! ><
    Comrade, a word...
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This new design is useless.

A forum is for reading the forum, or writing to the forum.

The billboard is ZOS selfserving glitz treating us like we're too stupid to know we're on the forum, or placed and animated in such a way as to make the forum less efficient to use by reducing the readable forum screen and replacing it with unimportant blocked out area that is useless to readers.

What a load of junk the forum design has become.

I suspect it's just designed to chase more people off, or chase us to twitter where we have less ability to ask/respond/interact.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • onemoredragon
    onemoredragon
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

sign_in_1.png

@onemoredragon As Gina posted above, clear cache. That bug was fixed yesterday.

Yeah it helped, thanks :)
    PC EU @OneMoreDragon

Rakshasi Raijina, khajiit sorceror, adventurer and crafter
    Keel-Neesha, argonian dragonknight tank
    Asharlys, orc templar tank
    Wanheda Praimfaya, nord necromancer tank
    Alessia Whitegold, redguard templar 2h/bow DD
    Mitsuro Naztharune, khajiit dragonknight dw/bow DD
    Viannereth, bosmer warden bow/bow DD
    Moraelyn of Ra'athim, dunmer necromancer magicka DD

So long as the dragonfires shall burn, to you, and to all generations, I swear that my Hearts blood shall hold fast the Gates of Oblivion.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the top bar stayed permanently collapsed this would be a great overhaul. As it is, the dead space when I first visit a page drives me nuts.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, thanks so much for your feedback! Just wanted to let you know we're looking at options to change or adjust the top navigation bar/header. Stay tuned for updates...
    ZOS DOESN'T LISTE... Oh, oh you listened. Damn. :tongue:

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    This new design is useless.

A forum is for reading the forum, or writing to the forum.

The billboard is ZOS selfserving glitz treating us like we're too stupid to know we're on the forum, or placed and animated in such a way as to make the forum less efficient to use by reducing the readable forum screen and replacing it with unimportant blocked out area that is useless to readers.

What a load of junk the forum design has become.

I suspect it's just designed to chase more people off, or chase us to twitter where we have less ability to ask/respond/interact.

Yeah man... this new design... unacceptable!!!!! they think we are just idiots... with their moving thingy in the top and all that ***... I COMPLETELY feel like they are treating us like stupid, Who the hell you think you are ZOS?!
    It's CLEAR the forum is way less efficient now, and I always liked to read the top area before, NOW THEY BLOCKED IT MAKING IT USELESS TO READERS!

What a load of junk.

I think you are right on your suspect... Absolutely agree.

(Not)
    Comrade, a word...
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like it.

It just sorta feels like it's more than is warrented, hovering constantly over the page.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Despite the fix and clearing my web cache I am still unable to access my account icons/buttons. The banner is smaller, but it still blocks access. I can scroll down to see the icons/buttons, but as soon as i release from scrolling the page automatically scrolls back up blocking the buttons.

Im using safari on ipad. Hopefully you are working on more changes to make it functional.
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I hadn't done it before, but I downloaded Adblock on Chrome just to get the stupid header to stop collapsing and expanding constantly. I cannot fathom how this behavior would in ANY way improve the user experience on these forums. A baffling choice.
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, as mentioned earlier today, we are exploring options for how we can display the new navigation bar. While we appreciate your feedback, please make sure to stay constructive. Real humans are reading this. ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • truesteelnb
    truesteelnb
    Soul Shriven
    I can no longer login to manage my account. The account login page simply refreshes with no error message. This has been tried on several updated browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) with minimal, standard and custom security/privacy settings with fully flushed history/cache/cookies each attempt. This is a serious issue.
  • truesteelnb
    truesteelnb
    Soul Shriven
    Forum, help and game login credentials work...
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, as mentioned earlier today, we are exploring options for how we can display the new navigation bar. While we appreciate your feedback, please make sure to stay constructive. Real humans are reading this. ;)

Your real humans largely did a good job - the restructuring of the main site looks great - just want to put that out there. Sometimes you only hear the bad but you have to know what you did right. too (:

I still think the icons along the bottom should be smaller - they're larger than the forums avatars, and even in the footer they're kind of overpowering the page when you go to write a post.

As an example, when scrolled all the way down, I have about 50% of the screen as the actual body. If you shrunk the icons and made the footer two columns wide or shrunk down the icons - especially the ESRB one - it'd look a lot better.

I still have the same opinion as on the first page concerning the header, though.

EyHld5e.png

This discussion has been closed.