Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Torug's Pact BUG

• UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What procs is a question for later. For now, this THING should not go to live. Revert changes to tourugs pact and make considerable adjustment along with oblivion dmg enchant.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    That cant be true and really go live right oO

I thought the same 3 weeks ago but now...
    Because I can!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    That cant be true and really go live right oO

I thought the same 3 weeks ago but now...

I start to worry too oO

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have the gold tempers ready for 2 weeks of godmode. Given previous experiences with ZOS ability to discern and fix game breaking stuff even when told repeatedly I'm not certain this doesn't make it to live...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LZH wrote: »
    imgur.com/h5RbbJp

56K DPS with Torug's Pact, SPC, Horn, and Ele Drain.

You can see the 46 Shock enchant procs in 49 seconds meaning it's proccing almost every second (some procs probably missed because of bar swapping).

Just out curiousity, what other sets were you using?

Imagine this with a prismatic enchant vs daedric bosses, vamps or werewolfs..

i'm not sure he'll be able to answer you, as this looks like it's a straight copy from @Alcast test on PTS
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly see no issue here. Sorcerers are back to 60k DPS like they should be. Everything appears to be working as intended.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    --> I'm going to reiterate my response to a post in the general forums regarding Torug's / (enchanted) infused weapons so that it is seen here too:

I think Torug's is fine the way it is.
    I think the infused weapon trait is fine the way it is.

Keep in mind that not everyone who uses Torug's plans on using it with an (enchanted) infused weapon. And, not everyone with and (enchanted) infused weapon plans on wearing Torgue's.

That being said, IF the combination of the two is as OP as some claim (ZOS will have to be the judge of that), then why not offer a simple solution ... something like:
    (Torug's Pact)
    * "The 5th bonus will not activate on enchanted weapons having the infused weapon trait." *

And there you have it ... problem solved AND in a way that leaves the infused weapon trait as is, while at the same time not nerfing Torug's into the ground.
    Edited by Maryal on August 1, 2017 1:43PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly see no issue here. Sorcerers are back to 60k DPS like they should be. Everything appears to be working as intended.

I see you didn't fully read OP. Here, read the bold.

Juhasow wrote: »
    Someone finally have to say it out loud.
    Patch notes says
    Torug’s Pact: This item set now reduces the cooldown of your weapon enchantment by 30% instead of one second, and is multiplicative with the cooldown reduction of the Infused trait.
    but on PTS Torug's 5 pieces bonus is additive not multiplicative which causing this set to be extremly strong and overperforming at some point with certain setups in both PvE and PvP.

Edit: @Maryal You could benefit from this post as well.

TL;DR: it's bugged. Insightfuls pls.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on August 1, 2017 1:43PM
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally i avoid the (dark side of the) meta, but as tank i should use infused anyway and might as well use torugs.
    You monsters tortured me for months with proc sets, taste your own medicine until clock work city.
  • DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I severely hope this doesn't make it onto the live server.
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love it how this thread just completely gets ignored by @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @Whoeverthefuckelse
    Why do I even try
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it how this thread just completely gets ignored by @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @Whoeverthefuckelse

It's the high level of interaction I've come to expect. Post something about some aspect of housing being bugged and they'll be here instantly.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard that male Argonian run animations don't look right because of the Torug's Pact bug, @ZOS_GinaBruno . Quick! To the ZOSMobile!
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I've heard that male Argonian run animations don't look right because of the Torug's Pact bug, @ZOS_GinaBruno . Quick! To the ZOSMobile!

worked for willow,s path, maybe will work here too :D
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »

Only the squeakiest of wheels get any grease. In three years time, we can expect this to be fixed.
    Edited by Sandman929 on August 1, 2017 3:14PM
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »

Only the squeakiest of wheels get any grease. In three years time, we can expect this to be fixed.

If they keep this in the game for longer then 2 weeks they will loose half there PvP player base xD
    Why do I even try
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Patch notes says
    Torug’s Pact: This item set now reduces the cooldown of your weapon enchantment by 30% instead of one second, and is multiplicative with the cooldown reduction of the Infused trait.
    but on PTS Torug's 5 pieces bonus is additive not multiplicative which causing this set to be extremly strong and overperforming at some point with certain setups in both PvE and PvP.

I did read the post and what the vast majority of people seem to be taking issue with is the combination of Torugs plus the infused weapon trait. Since Morrowind beta I've read about how the world was going to come crashing down over our heads because of how OP Torug's with an infused weapon was going to be. The alarm sounded when someone posted about the doom and gloom that would surely befall all of us as a result of combining Torug's + Knight Slayer + infused weapon + oblivion enchantment. Did it become the new meta? Did it pan out as predicted? No. In fact, it wasn't long after Morrowind was released that you could buy Knight's Slayer for cheap at the guild stores.

Torug's has been around since the game started. The infused weapon trait has been around since the game started. So why all the commotion this time? The current round of panic appears to be triggered by the buff to the infused weapon trait ... predictions being that the (buffed) infused weapon + Torug's = OP. More specifically, whether Torug's 5th piece bonus is additive or multiplicative with the (buffed) infused weapon trait.

Hypothetically speaking, what if the difference between additive vs. multiplicative happened to be miniscule? Would we be having such an uproar then? My guess is that yes, we would still be having an uproar. Why? People don't like the idea that you can combine an infused weapon with Torug's ... it sounds OP ... it triggers horrible visions of proc sets at their worst. Keep in mind that we are still recovering from all the nerfs that came with Morrowind. When you've been nerfed into the ground, it doesn't take much to get people riled up about something (potentially) being OP.

And THAT .... THAT is why I offered a simple solution. Keep the two apart ... avoid the combination:
    (Torug's)
    * "The 5th bonus will not activate on enchanted weapons having the infused weapon trait." *
    Edited by Maryal on August 1, 2017 3:24PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »

Patch notes says

I did read the post and what the vast majority of people seem to be taking issue with is the combination of Torugs plus the infused weapon trait. Since Morrowind beta I've read about how the world was going to come crashing down over our heads because of how OP Torug's with an infused weapon was going to be. The alarm sounded when someone posted about the doom and gloom that would surely befall all of us as a result of combining Torug's + Knight Slayer + infused weapon + oblivion enchantment. Did it become the new meta? Did it pan out as predicted? No. In fact, it wasn't long after Morrowind was released that you could buy Knight's Slayer for cheap at the guild stores.

Torug's has been around since the game started. The infused weapon trait has been around since the game started. So why all the commotion this time? The current round of panic appears to be triggered by the buff to the infused weapon trait ... predictions being that the (buffed) infused weapon + Torug's = OP. More specifically, whether Torug's 5th piece bonus is additive or multiplicative with the (buffed) infused weapon trait.

Hypothetically speaking, what if the difference between additive vs. multiplicative happened to be miniscule? Would we be having such an uproar then? My guess is that yes, we would still be having an uproar. Why? People don't like the idea that you can combine an infused weapon with Torug's ... it sounds OP ... it triggers horrible visions of proc sets at their worst. Keep in mind that we are still recovering from all the nerfs that came with Morrowind. When you've been nerfed into the ground, it doesn't take much to get people riled up about something (potentially) being OP.

And THAT .... THAT is why I offered a simple solution. Keep the two apart ... avoid the combination:
    (Torug's)

TL;DR. That's a bland solution. I give it two thumbs down. Wait.... do you work for ZOS?!
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Maryal
    You suggested a good nerf to Torugs Pact.
    See? Nerfs are good. Change is good
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Patch notes says

(Torug's)

TL;DR. That's a bland solution. I give it two thumbs down. Wait.... do you work for ZOS?!

It's an EFFECTIVE solution IF you are looking for a solution. I do realize some people thrive in chaos ... not everyone wants problems solved.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes says
    If that wont be fixed untill HotR DLC live release we'll get many unballanced brainless easy mode builds that will create huge uproar.

For those who dont understand the issue let me say it , on PTS damage enchants when You have Torug's and infused weapons have 0,8 second cooldown and are 60% stronger and that means You can proc things like oblivion dmg , shock dmg (with 20/40% chance on status effect) , disease dmg (with with 20/40% chance on status effect) and many more each 0,8 second not just from light/heavy attacks but from things like poison injection/destructive touch DoT and basicly all weapon skills. That's huge issue that can cause lot of troubles in the future , if things wont be fixed.

Have you tested on pts? Post some latest videos that can help...

My laptiop is to weak to play and record videos but I've founded video on YT where someone is already preparing to make builds around torugs and infused and shows why. His math is incorrect in terms of multiplicative decreases but as You can see on vid his Blockade of Flames proc enchant with every tick on PTS which shouldnt happen if Torug's would stack multiplicatively

Here is video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c6vNVodKfw&lc=z13jzhkysovpjxpgu04chlno1o32zvcr1do.1501535192921850
    Edited by Juhasow on August 1, 2017 3:37PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LZH wrote: »
    imgur.com/h5RbbJp

56K DPS with Torug's Pact, SPC, Horn, and Ele Drain.

You can see the 46 Shock enchant procs in 49 seconds meaning it's proccing almost every second (some procs probably missed because of bar swapping).

Just out curiousity, what other sets were you using?

Imagine this with a prismatic enchant vs daedric bosses, vamps or werewolfs..

It was Alcast tests he used Mother sorrow as 2nd set.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Maryal

It. Is. Bugged.

This has nothing to do with preference. If ZOS wants to make this multiplicative, one it was for a reason and two, when it is not working that way they need to be informed.

I personally don't care if it goes live. My ganks will be absolutely disgusting.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes says
    If that wont be fixed untill HotR DLC live release we'll get many unballanced brainless easy mode builds that will create huge uproar.

For those who dont understand the issue let me say it , on PTS damage enchants when You have Torug's and infused weapons have 0,8 second cooldown and are 60% stronger and that means You can proc things like oblivion dmg , shock dmg (with 20/40% chance on status effect) , disease dmg (with with 20/40% chance on status effect) and many more each 0,8 second not just from light/heavy attacks but from things like poison injection/destructive touch DoT and basicly all weapon skills. That's huge issue that can cause lot of troubles in the future , if things wont be fixed.

My laptiop is to weak to play and record videos but I've founded video on YT where someone is already preparing to make builds around torugs and infused and shows why. His math is incorrect in terms of multiplicative decreases but as You can see on vid his Blockade of Flames proc enchant with every tick on PTS which shouldnt happen if Torug's would stack multiplicatively

Here is video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c6vNVodKfw&lc=z13jzhkysovpjxpgu04chlno1o32zvcr1do.1501535192921850

The most disappointing thing here is all the comments from people wanting to cover this up so they can use it and "LTP". Our wonderful gaming community.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes says

Here is video

The most disappointing thing here is all the comments from people wanting to cover this up so they can use it and "LTP". Our wonderful gaming community.

Tbh that stopped to supprise me. There was always exploits in this game that people sometiems discovered on PTS or early after release and was abusing it without reporting or sharing knowledge about bug with others , for example TBS , Hist Bark bugs.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see that when they balance 9 sets, that changing a * to a + on torge's pact was too difficult.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok , seeing all these ''nerf torugs'' comments , I don't mean just this thread , all threads about torug's in general , I feel like I need to clear some things up for you . First of all , go read OP . Understand that intended cooldown is 1.4 seconds . Current cooldown on PTS is 0.8 seconds . Because it is bugged . Just fixing this bug will reduce the overall DPS of enchants almost by half because enchants will proc less frequently . You need to understand this first .

Using Infused on 1 weapon also reduces the cooldown of back bar enchants which is completely broken .

Using Infused on Main Hand while dual wielding reduces cooldown of off-hand enchant which also is not intended .

Using Infused trait on Main Hand buffs the vMA Bow enchants power , also broken .

These are just the problems about Infused . When all these are fixed , Torug's is nowhere near being BiS . Because of these bugs , people think Torug's Pact is a problem . It is not . As many others said , this set is in the game from the very start and now being a balance issue because of the bugs we have in PTS . We already did our part by reporting these bugs , several times actually . Doing the rest is up to ZOS . It is their job to fix these bugs .

To sum up , stop suggesting nerfs to Torug's Pact set . It is the bugs we have on PTS that makes it strong . Without bugs , it is nowhere being as strong as people think . I am sorry but all I see in these comments I mentioned is people speaking nonsense , not even knowing how to spell the set's name correctly . Rant over .
    Edited by Liofa on August 1, 2017 4:55PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    Ok , seeing all these ''nerf torugs'' comments , I don't mean just this thread , all threads about torug's in general , I feel like I need to clear some things up for you . First of all , go read OP . Understand that intended cooldown is 1.4 seconds . Current cooldown on PTS is 0.8 seconds . Because it is bugged . Just fixing this bug will reduce the overall DPS of enchants almost by half because enchants will proc less frequently . You need to understand this first .

Using Infused on 1 weapon also reduces the cooldown of back bar enchants which is completely broken .

Using Infused on Main Hand while dual wielding reduces cooldown of off-hand enchant which also is not intended .

Using Infused trait on Main Hand buffs the vMA Bow enchants power , also broken .

These are just the problems about Infused . When all these are fixed , Torug's is nowhere near being BiS . Because of these bugs , people think Torug's Pact is a problem . It is not . As many others said , this set is in the game from the very start and now being a balance issue because of the bugs we have in PTS . We already did our part by reporting these bugs , several times actually . Doing the rest is up to ZOS . It is their job to fix these bugs .

To sum up , stop suggesting nerfs to Torug's Pact set . It is the bugs we have on PTS that makes it strong . Without bugs , it is nowhere being as strong as people think . I am sorry but all I see in these comments I mentioned is people speaking nonsense , not even knowing how to spell the set's name correctly . Rant over .

I don't need it to be nerfed at all. I'd just like the bug to be fixed, same as you. Same as OP.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    --> I'm going to reiterate my response to a post in the general forums regarding Torug's / (enchanted) infused weapons so that it is seen here too:

I think Torug's is fine the way it is.
    I think the infused weapon trait is fine the way it is.

Keep in mind that not everyone who uses Torug's plans on using it with an (enchanted) infused weapon. And, not everyone with and (enchanted) infused weapon plans on wearing Torgue's.

That being said, IF the combination of the two is as OP as some claim (ZOS will have to be the judge of that), then why not offer a simple solution ... something like:
    (Torug's Pact)

And there you have it ... problem solved AND in a way that leaves the infused weapon trait as is, while at the same time not nerfing Torug's into the ground.

Patch notes says

(Torug's)

I think You dont understand an issue and overall changes that will happen in the game that will make this bug an issue.

1st of all atm on live You're right not everyone who uses torugs planning to use it with infused but that's because people still dont get that sharpened is nerfed and infused with torugs will outperform torug's with any other trait. Plans are just things You think You can do in the future but reality defines what You will do in fact. Torug's with infused enchant gives up to 16k DPS from enchants and if one of them is shock enchant increases minor vulnerability+off ballance uptime by a lot because shock enchant with destro staff have 40% chance to apply status effect. Usually enchatments when You have other set and sharp weapon doing 2-3k DPS Show me other set that combined with any trait can increase Your raw DPS by over 10k and provide further buffs that in fact makes DPS portion granted from this set even higher.

You're talking that before Morrowind release people was crying at loud about Knight Slayer+Torug's with oblivion enchant beeing OP. Yes some people was concerned it can be too strong but Knight slayer get slight nerf because of that. You're saying that Torug's exist in the game since release. Yes that's tru but Oblivion dmg enchant doesnt. Sharpened was simply stronger then infused but now when sharp gets nered infused gets buffed. Knight slayer+Torug's with infused and oblivion dmg enchant is almost 2x stronger with that bug then it's on live server. This is the issue people seems dont understand.

Change You propose to make infused not working with Torugs have no sense. That kills diversity and fact that in theory You can make any build You want. If something is too strong You tune it down and ballance it not just simply taking it away because in the procces You totally punish people who was playing certain setups for making those setups. Only thing we need is to make Torug's work as intended and beeing multiplicative instead of additive and everything will work perfectly. It'll proc dmg enchants each 1,4 not 0,8 sec.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about you show the video of this happening. Scientific inquiry requires reproducibility.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.