The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Counter for Merciless Resolve.

CavalryPK
CavalryPK
✭✭✭✭✭
is there an addon that counts and displays how many Light Attacks Merciless Resolve has to proc the Spectral bow? i have been having a hard time keeping a track of it since sometimes I cannot see if the light attack actually registers.

currently, i am using the action duration reminder. but it only counts the first 5 light attacks. for the MR.
THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • afonik
    afonik
    ✭✭✭
    It's very frustrating. Even on a skeleton is hard to track. And it gets even worse because of the bugged strife animation with light attacks. I'm going to ask some addon creators.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened this thread thing "roll dodge?" but then read it and was like "ohhh..."

Yeah this would be nice, I am terrible at weaving light attacks but it would still be nice to have some kind of count to know how many I've hit and when the proc will be coming up.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • afonik
    afonik
    ✭✭✭
    I can easily weave with force pulse but with funnel/swallow I often miss my light attacks. That makes tracking Merciless proc even harder. And it's not a L2P issues. The strife animation is too slow and glitchs often with light attack weaves.
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, especially with swallow, sometimes I see the ball of fire or little resto bolt fire as I weave but it never registers a hit, could be due to wildy fluctuating ping I play with, switching to my merciless bar is hit or miss on whether it has procc'd or not.

I've also tested with pure light attacks, sometimes it will procc correctly often times I'm firing 7 light attacks before it procs. Target is in range and being "hit".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • afonik
    afonik
    ✭✭✭
    The 7 pure LAs could be related with ICD. I believe only 1 LA counts per second so if you fire too fast some dont register at all.
    But the clunky swallow soul weave is real, not fluid as force pulse.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It makes a noise and the icon changes. Not sure why you need an add-on.

Not trying to be awkward or anything. Just saying it how it is.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, I thought something COMPLETELY different when I saw the word counter :tongue: Unconsciously or not, great bait man :tongue:
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, I thought something COMPLETELY different when I saw the word counter :tongue: Unconsciously or not, great bait man :tongue:

Hah . Did i spell it wrong or something?
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »

I think he assumed "counter" as in "countermeasure against" or "how to counteract".
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

I think he assumed "counter" as in "countermeasure against" or "how to counteract".

yes, that :tongue:
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

yes, that :tongue:

oh I get it. LOL ! was not intended to bait. was a very serious question, due to the fact that I literally/properly cannot count MR light attacks.

• MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Backbar ...
    PC EU
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarzAttakz wrote: »

Backbar ...

This.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Backbar ...

Well as far as PvP goes, I'm bar swapping non stop. So even if it was, I'd still notice it.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Backbar ...

Well as far as PvP goes, I'm bar swapping non stop. So even if it was, I'd still notice it.

I see you point. I guess I am looking for some sort of indicator that will let me know that this LA will proc the bow so I can quickly CC then LA then Shoot the bow.

• blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    currently, i am using the action duration reminder. but it only counts the first 5 light attacks.

There's an alleged fix for this in the ADR comments, now. You could try that.

I'd welcome such an option for Srendarr ... Perhaps it's still on the author's radar, who knows?
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ovinnik wrote: »
    currently, i am using the action duration reminder. but it only counts the first 5 light attacks.

There's an alleged fix for this in the ADR comments, now. You could try that.

I'd welcome such an option for Srendarr ... Perhaps it's still on the author's radar, who knows?

like it was updated recently ? I checked minion yesterday no updates...

• blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No update, but check the comments – there are instructions to make it work, supposedly. Worth a shot, I guess.
  • Zendran
    Zendran
    ✭✭✭

I don't use a counter for my light attacks personally, but I'll tell you why it would be useful even on front bar. You're doing it wrong if you wait to see the icon change before you start a burst. If you're maximizing effectiveness, you should begin your burst rotations with the intention that the light attack you weave just before you cast assassin's will is the one that activates it. This lets you use the cast significantly more frequently in PvP. Let's assume your burst rotation is something short for the sake of simplicity: clench into assassin's will. In this case, you would want to begin your burst rotation when you are 3 light attacks in, as the light attack preceding the clench and the assassin's will are numbers 4 and 5. If you were to wait to see the assassin's will proc before beginning, you will be taking 7 attacks in order to prepare and execute this rotation. Meanwhile, if you execute it as I mentioned before, you will already be about halfway to the next assassin's will by the time you have shot the first in the second scenario.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your weapon will turn bright red when it procs, but what we really need to know is when the 4th light attack lands so we know the next one will proc the bow
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zendran wrote: »

I don't use a counter for my light attacks personally, but I'll tell you why it would be useful even on front bar. You're doing it wrong if you wait to see the icon change before you start a burst. If you're maximizing effectiveness, you should begin your burst rotations with the intention that the light attack you weave just before you cast assassin's will is the one that activates it. This lets you use the cast significantly more frequently in PvP. Let's assume your burst rotation is something short for the sake of simplicity: clench into assassin's will. In this case, you would want to begin your burst rotation when you are 3 light attacks in, as the light attack preceding the clench and the assassin's will are numbers 4 and 5. If you were to wait to see the assassin's will proc before beginning, you will be taking 7 attacks in order to prepare and execute this rotation. Meanwhile, if you execute it as I mentioned before, you will already be about halfway to the next assassin's will by the time you have shot the first in the second scenario.

Yep Yep yep... this is exactly why I need the counter.

• CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No update, but check the comments – there are instructions to make it work, supposedly. Worth a shot, I guess.

can you give me the link where the comments are ? i cant seem to find it

EDIT: NVM Found it
    EDIT2: GOT IT WORKING WOOP WOOP ! @ovinnik you are da man !
    Edited by CavalryPK on August 1, 2017 2:07AM

• MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭

can you give me the link where the comments are ? i cant seem to find it

EDIT: NVM Found it

Post it plox Poop Sickle!

If only Srendarr would have babies with ... ADR, LUI Extended, AUI and Azurah.
    PC EU
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT2: GOT IT WORKING WOOP WOOP !

Awesome, glad it works. Ought to thank the commenter.

Lookie here, and edit your file accordingly: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1536-ActionDurationReminder.html#comments

Would be nice to have that functionality isolated in a small mod, perhaps. But alas...
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    EDIT2: GOT IT WORKING WOOP WOOP !

Awesome, glad it works. Ought to thank the commenter.

Lookie here, and edit your file accordingly: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1536-ActionDurationReminder.html#comments

Would be nice to have that functionality isolated in a small mod, perhaps. But alas...

Fanks bruh!
    PC EU