The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PvE - MagDK needs a slight buff

sebban
sebban
✭✭✭✭
Notice: This post is about MagDK in a endgame PvE Trial environment compared to other well performing DD specs from my own experiences. If you want to talk PvP, argue that your personal spec needs a buff or compare other environments, please make your own thread. I will try to make suggestions that do not upset PvP balance. I do acknowledge that there are other DD specs that need buffs more than the MagDK, but that is not what I’m here to discuss today.

I’ve been playing my DK since the release of ESO. It's the class I love and always come back to. Imo, the MagDK right now performs pretty badly, probably worse than ever before when comparing to the dominant specs. While the DK was way too strong around release, I think it has been nerfed too hard and is now in a bad spot compared to other well performing DD specs. Before the resource nerf MagDKs were able to *just* barely sustain and that nerf hit very hard.

One of the big issues for the MagDK right now is that they are 100% dependent on the rest of the group for both sustain and damage. This is because of Flame Lash and Off Balance. If the target does not have a high Off Balance up time, MagDK DPS and sustain is terrible.

While it is possible to sustain if you swap to regen food and swap damage glyphs to regen glyphs, this lowers DPS too much to be competitive. Imo, only a Flame Lash build is able to compete.
MagDKs can only do close to proper, competitive, DPS if the target has a Off Balance up time of at least ~60-70%. If not, they don’t get enough Power Lash procs and both damage and sustain will go down hard. With the new Heavy Attack meta after the sustain changes, even if 3 people use Blockade of Storms with 100% up time, average Off Balance up time is only around 60%. This is barely enough to sustain.

Generally, the only useful things a MagDK brings to a group are Unrelenting Grip, Deep Breath and 10% increased fire damage from Engulfing Flames. Unrelenting Grip can be done by a DK Tank and while a AOE interrupt is very good in some circumstances, it’s extremely situational, and it can be replaced with a few simple bashes by anyone. 10% more Fire Damage is becoming less and less useful as stamina DDs become more prevalent and MagSorcs mostly do lightning and magic damage.

MagDKs take up a precious melee spot. ZOS continually design encounters that are punishing or dangerous to melee players and often design encounters that have a softcap on the number of melee DDs that will work. I will therefore compare the MagDK to both other melee DDs and also the MagSorc, the dominant Magicka DD.

Comparisons
Compared to the MagSorc, assuming high Off Balance up time, the MagDK has lower single target DPS and lower AOE DPS. The difference can be as small as ~2K or as large as ~10K. MagDK also has less survivability due to being forced into a sometimes dangerous melee spot and weaker shields. MagSorcs can even do more DPS than MagDKs while using a Heavy Attack build, negating any need for resource management, while MagDK DPS is completely dependent on resource management and being able to spam whip. Besides a few gimmick abilities, there are no reasons to bring a MagDK compared to a MagSorc.

Compared to other melee DDs, like StamDK and StamNB, MagDK DPS is consistently much lower in all circumstances. It’s not unusual for stamina DDs beat MagDK single target DPS by 8-10K. MagDK and stamina DDs have similar survivability due to Blade Cloak and Vigor. As with the MagSorc, with the exception of a few gimmick abilities, there is no reason to bring a MagDK compared to a Stam DD since a Stam DD would do much more damage in the same melee position.

Conclusions
MagDK DPS is lower than MagSorcs and much lower than stamina DDs even with high Off Balance up time. Stamina DDs do more DPS compared to MagSorcs, which is fine, since stamina DDs are forced into a melee position, but the MagDK does not. MagDK are too dependent on Off Balance to do good DPS. MagDK need a slight damage buff to be worthy of the melee position they occupy.

Suggestions
Standard of Might has been nerfed time and time again since release. Some nerfs were warranted, some were not. Ultimate cost or duration could be adjusted if ZOS are unwilling to adjust DoT damage or the % damage increased. This would however also buff StamDKs, which might not be what we want, as StamDKs already do very good DPS.
Lava Whip. If the cost of this ability was reduced, it would not be such a HUGE issue for MagDKs if off balance uptime is low. Off Balance uptime should be a nice buff, not required to do competitive DPS, as it is now.
Burning Embers and Engulfing Flames could both have their damage buffed without buffing StamDKs and without upsetting PvP since they can be cleansed. Make their durations match while you are at it and maybe even buff Burning Embers range to match Whip? Just wishful thinking I guess...
Eruption DOT can get increased damage. No buff to StamDKs and easy to avoid in PvP. Maybe even increase duration to 20s to be double that of Burning Embers and Engulfing Flames for an easier rotation.
Flames of Oblivion. While some argue that they want to old AOE version, I have a suggestion for a middle ground. Make the fireball hit with a small AOE around the target. Sync up the duration with the other abilities, 20s like Eruption above. Why do we have 4 abilities all with different durations?

If you have read this far, thank you for your time.

TL;DR: MagDKs need a slight damage buff. MagDKs are too dependent on Off Balance to do good DPS.

PC EU
Dweia Ceban - StamDK
Adara Ceban - MagBlade
Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree on all your points. The biggest issue with magicka DK is that their skills cost to much in proportion to the damage they do. And using molten whip at the moment is impossible with the nerf to sustain with Morrowind. Flame-lash is the only way to go unless you want to go with a heavy-attack build (which can put out a great amount of damage as well).

As you say you´re these days dependent on the uptime of concussion/off-balance. Whenever I do trials I always ask if we have sorcs or healers using shockwall. Because if they don´t I´m forced to use a heavy-attacksetup. The other issue with this is that some bosses can´t be set off-balanced. Take vAA for example. Only Valariel and the Mage can be set off-balance (not 100% sure about the stoneatronach boss) and a magicka DK in the current state are therefore more or less usefull in vAA. And the off-balance effect is sometimes very buggy and can disappear/reappear within half a second and if you don´t time it correctly you won´t get the power-lash proc.

My suggestion is to lower the general cost for the Ardent Flame abilities. I would also love to see the old Battle roar passive back. This would however affect PvP balance as well.
    Options
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why the group I play in has dropped MagDK. We can get enough off-balance to support them, but they still do average dps compared to the stamina specs and flame lash hurts off-balance uptime more than anything.

Magicka classes in general need a damage buff. The gap between stamina and magicka should be in favour of stamina, but the gap is so huge now.
    Edited by LZH on July 27, 2017 1:27PM
    Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    LZH wrote: »
    This is why the group I play in has dropped MagDK. We can get enough off-balance to support them, but they still do average dps compared to the stamina specs and flame lash hurts off-balance uptime more than anything.

Exactly. Even with enough off balance, not only is the damage still way too low, and it's actually detrimental to total group DPS to bring them. It's not a fun position to be in.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • SelfTherapy
    SelfTherapy
    ✭✭✭
    I hit pretty hard on my mag dk, silk of the sun, moon dancer, maelstrom staffs. But there's always someone "hey man, can you get on your sorc" like really..
    Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know about PvE much

BUT in PvP MagDK's can make 1v3 and wont the fight. And i saw many time they were in 1v5+ stay alive or more than 5 mins take to kill them...

so here we are again: PvP destroys PvE or other wise PvE destroys PvP..
    Dont know how ZOS are going to balance this issue.
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »

BUT in PvP MagDK's can make 1v3 and wont the fight. And i saw many time they were in 1v5+ stay alive or more than 5 mins take to kill them...

I specifically made this thread to discuss MagDKs in PvE endgame, not PvP. Please don't bring PvP into the discussion. Thank you.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while i dont do pve trials, i would say that ash cloud needs a significant cost reduction. The cost was justified when it provided an aoe dot, snare and dodge chance but now it seems too high. Reduce it to maybe like the 2.5k mag or something similar.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »

I specifically made this thread to discuss MagDKs in PvE endgame, not PvP. Please don't bring PvP into the discussion. Thank you.

yes i respect that...But you cant do like that cuz it affects both sides....and people who make this changes(ZOS) think it both way also...so while making suggestions u need to think and make solutions both way...
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yes i respect that...But you cant do like that cuz it affects both sides....and people who make this changes(ZOS) think it both way also...so while making suggestions u need to think and make solutions both way...

Why don't you read the OP before responding to it. He literally addresses head on your concerns.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

Why don't you read the OP before responding to it. He literally addresses head on your concerns.

i red and didnt see somethink like that sorry about it.
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭

I also stated that I would try to make suggestions that does not affect current PvP balance much, which I think I succeeded in, or do you disagree with that? Did you read what I posted?
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also stated that I would try to make suggestions that does not affect current PvP balance much, which I think I succeeded in, or do you disagree with that? Did you read what I posted?

im going to read it again....
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

i red and didnt see somethink like that sorry about it.

It is clearly stated in the "Notice" in the top of the post. It's also taken under consideration in some of my suggestions.
    Edited by sebban on July 27, 2017 2:08PM
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Their only benefit to the group is Engulfing Flames . If you think about it , Magicka Sorcerers are there for the Off-Balance uptime and will be using the Shock Blockade anyways . I don't see Engulfing Flames being useful to anyone other than the mDK himself . Well , with few exceptions like a Stam DK using Standart and FoO but that's all really .

Their dependance on Off-Balance and requirement of reducing it's uptime makes them pretty annoying and discouraging to play .

I know all that ''being fun to play'' thing . You get to whip things and spit fire like a freakin dragon but still , if you are reducing group DPS to increase yours and still do meh , then it is not ok .

As you said in OP , all the utility a mDK can bring (chains , engulfing etc.) can be done by tank , no problems .

All the things I just said applies to Morrowind patch . On the next patch , with the changes made to Burning Status Effect , I think they are getting a very decent damage buff . I can see BSW taking it's BiS place back from Sun because it provides a guaranteed Burning Status proc . I definitely would prefer a buff that would make mDKs not depend on Off-Balance anymore though . That would be much much better .
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replace the elder dragon passive to a across the board 5% cost reduction. Would love for my skills to not cost an arm and a leg
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A buff to molten whip isn't likely to affect pvp at all.

Every class can do that; that's not a magicka DK thing.

Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    All the things I just said applies to Morrowind patch . On the next patch , with the changes made to Burning Status Effect , I think they are getting a very decent damage buff . I can see BSW taking it's BiS place back from Sun because it provides a guaranteed Burning Status proc . I definitely would prefer a buff that would make mDKs not depend on Off-Balance anymore though . That would be much much better .

While the change to burning will increase DPS a bit, it's far from enough. I foresee maybe at most 1K increase in DPS from that change.

I would also prefer to not be dependent in Off Balance. It deters people from taking MagDKs into their groups.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least charged is getting buffed so it will be good for one magSorc in raid to have a charged lightning staff for max off-balance time. This should help out with sustain but not solve other issues.

The burning status effect will also scale off your resources so if you're running BiS gear that might give a little boost. Havent tested it on PTS so I dont know if its even noticable.

Furthermore I think the best way to buff magDKs is through their DOTs, maybe even give one of the DOTs a mild-execute effect from 50% health or something. All classes/builds except magDKs do more dmg to low-health targets so it would seem like the most logical solution.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Bighanson
    Bighanson
    ✭✭
    Why do we have 4 abilities all with different durations?
    ALL our ****** abilties have diffrent durations, ALLLL! it makes no sense at all ...
    10,5 ... 10 .... 8
    18 .... 15 ... ~12 trap/ 20 sec armor
    they should also increase the range of burning embers so it would match with engulfing, blockade and whip (and FOO/eruption)
    we just need (way) better sustain so we can sustain with the molten whip morph and are not forced to use regn glyphs or witchmothers.
    oh and btw ... heavy attacks are not a solution, thats the wrong way.

all mDKs i know and me too are highly demotivated right now because of the morrowind class changes, they really need to fix that!
    Edited by Bighanson on July 27, 2017 2:56PM
    Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bighanson wrote: »
    Why do we have 4 abilities all with different durations?
    ALL our ****** abilties have diffrent durations, ALLLL! it makes no sense at all ...
    10,5 ... 10 .... 8
    17,5 .... 15 ... ~12 trap/ 20 sec armor

Yea, I was specifically referring to damage abilities from our own class trees. Can't expect to get non class abilities changed just to suit us :)

I think they should standardize all classes ability durations tbh and make them all sync up.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you people *** mag dk in trial this patch ? BURNING EFFECT STATUS WAS BUFFED, BURN MAKE DOUBLE DAMAGE so, try it, make a screenshot with a live screenshot associated, and then, ask for buff :p
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Did you people *** mag dk in trial this patch ? BURNING EFFECT STATUS WAS BUFFED, BURN MAKE DOUBLE DAMAGE so, try it, make a screenshot with a live screenshot associated, and then, ask for buff :p

Yes I´ve played magDK this patch and the high cost of their skills together with the need for off-balance makes them not so attractive in a trialenviroment. If you´re going to troll do it on another thread. MagDK needs a buff either by more dmg or reduced cost to their skills
    Options
  • Hamburglarjones
    Hamburglarjones
    ✭✭✭
    I had to drop magDK because it is just too unreliable and frustrating to play. Sometimes i can get 4 out of 5 whips, then the next rotation I don't get any power lash procs and suddenly I have no magicka. Unreliable builds are not fun to me.

The burning buffs is around +1.5-1.8k, it's nice but for single target but it's not going to save the class from being unreliable. Using heavy attacks in a traditional magDK rotation really drops the DPS too (also pretty dangerous in a melee position).

Mainly though, we are taking up a melee spot, where a stam user who is pulling 50kST dps. In that situation if you take into account the unstable off Balance, a MagDK will probably hit around 37-42k DPS. In a patch where fire damage is rare enough it just doesn't make sense to bring my MagDK. We don't have control over our own dps anymore, it's entirely situational.
    Edited by Hamburglarjones on July 27, 2017 4:13PM
    Boone
    Dunmer Magicka DragonKnight
    MagDK raid build guide
    Guild: Dragon's Crest - retired
    World's 3rd vHoF clear & 3rd vHoF HM clear
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very top end - which is raids - you'll always have something not performing as well as other setups. It's just the nature of things. The question is then how big the gap really is. Of course fun is an entirely different thing. If the setup is competitive but not fun to play it's an issue as well.

Out of your suggestions I like the buff to Standard of Might the best. It's really not a great ultimate any more. It's one of the - not as common as forum posts would make you believe - cases were the glory days of DKs in PvP really had an impact. The DKs that threw down banners left and right because they were fueled by dynamic ultimate generation and enough people to stupidly feed them were the reason DKs were dead for so long. Standard really could get a buff, it's been long since I've seen one on actual play. The duration is short, the AoE is small, and the cost is insane. It's an ultimate that scores points only in the style department because it looks cool.

As for your opinion your suggestions would not upset PvP, I have to disagree. DKs can already apply a lot of DoT pressure because cleansing is not easy for non Templars. Yes, efficient purge exists. But despite the name it's not actually efficient. It's a difficult thing to balance that though. If you buff purge then DoT builds are useless, if purging is hard, there needs to be a ceiling in DoT damage. I fear your suggestions would upset that fine line.

Anyhow, I don't think DKs can look forward to further buffs. The class still suffers a bit from the ghosts of former times.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be fine if they just buffed Battle Roar and/or reduced the cost of Standard (indirect buff to Battle Roar). If I wanted to play with my finger on the left mouse button the whole time I would play Diablo 3. With Stam DK you have some cheaper ults so you can manage resources quite well. With Magicka DK it feels like sitting in a drought and waiting for it to rain before you get your ultimate, and then the resources are only enough for one rotation and you are back to a heavy attacking resource drought.

In general Magicka DK's have a lot going for them, but the sustain destruction of the last patch left my build very gimped, and keeping the resources up is about as fun as doing taxes by hand. ZoS made a huge mistake when they nerfed resource sustain as bad as they did IMO. It made DPS for dungeons and trials into a chore.

PvP is more fun now in general, but I don't have the excitement to run trials like I used to before Morrowind.
    Edited by kojou on July 27, 2017 6:30PM
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I say the post name I though to myself "what is this guy talking about?!". Then I actually read the whole thing, and I can say I fully agree with all points in it. I mean I almost never see Mag DKs in trials anymore because they are outperformed by stamina meles and compared to sorcs they are less reliable. So definitely a buff should be made but not damage wise because magicka DKs already do more damage than Sorcs.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, magicka wardens can only dream about hitting mDK parses...

I don't disagree with your post. Just saying that a lot of magicka classes are in a bad place right now.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 28, 2017 5:58AM
    Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I say the post name I though to myself "what is this guy talking about?!". Then I actually read the whole thing, and I can say I fully agree with all points in it. I mean I almost never see Mag DKs in trials anymore because they are outperformed by stamina meles and compared to sorcs they are less reliable. So definitely a buff should be made but not damage wise because magicka DKs already do more damage than Sorcs.

I don't know what magsorcs you play with but in my experience magdks can only do similar, but definitely not more, DPS than magsorcs if off balance up time is very high.

Meanwhile, magicka wardens can only dream about hitting mDK parses...

I don't disagree with your post. Just saying that a lot of magicka classes are in a bad place right now.

I agree, as I wrote in the notice up top, but as I almost only play MagDK, that's what I can analyse and make suggestions about.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed on everything.

I think the main issues with MagDks is not in the high cost of the abilities ( although a couple of adjustments here and there will be nice ), but in the passives.
    Every single class has at least one cost reduction / stamina and magicka increased regen at the bottom of their trees, meanwhile MagDKs are pretty much forced to be vampires ( thus strongly diminishing their ability to survive in trials ) or drop Ultimates without being coordinated with the group buff rotations in order to have some kind of sustain help.

I think they should also rework passives to give magicka recovery or ( if the fear is that the stamDK will be too OP as a tank in both PvP and PvE ) add some cost reduction / mag regen / max resource pool to MagDKs-only abilties.

PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also only play mDK and I think the Off-Balance consuming of our Flame Lash is the worst. Everyone grabs the "do more damage against off-balance targets" passive and then we gobble up all the off-balances:(

I think the way Flame Lash works needs to be addressed: instead of requiring an off-balance target to proc Power Lash maybe pair it with one of our DoTs and have a cooldown.

For instance: When a target is afflicted with Burning Embers, Flame Lash will Proc Power Lash (this effect cannot occur more than once every 5 seconds).

That way we don't have to consume Off-balances. Our dps becomes under our control again - we keep Burning Embers uptime high = we get more Power Lash procs.

I agree with the range of Burning Embers too! It does need to be made the same as Whip - the "being in melee range but not close enough in melee range to use BE gets frustrating"
    Edited by Mix on July 28, 2017 12:41PM
    Options