The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WTF Happened to "CC Immunity"?

• Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/I1wsTHhjb2M

Seriously. What happened to it? Whether it is PvE or PvP. I'm so damn tired of getting double CC'd from hard-CC's that I'm ready to scream. I can't avoid it in PvE, and I can't avoid it in PvP. NPC's and players alike just completely rendering CC immunity null and void. And I've damn near had it. I made a post about this a month or so ago, and not a single damn dev or combat team member made a comment about what they are doing to look into it. Nor have mentioned an ETA on a proper fix.

I'm sick of it, bruh. I'm tired of having point out crap, and nothing gets done. Just like how early I made a thread about how I could still gap-close into keeps, and sent out messages to the staff of ZOS. And not 1 of them has gotten back to me about it, or how they'll look into it. People have been exploiting the queue system, and still no ETA on when that will be fixed. Keep doors not letting you in or out have been broken for YEARS, and still no damn ETA on a fix. But you ZOS mods can come into a thread, and make a comment about how you removed a post this and that. You can sure comment on that. But, you can't comment and engage on what you're ACTIVELY doing to make your game better.

And yes, before some white knight joins this thread and says how I'm not entitled to a functioning game. Save it. I already know about how we signed the damn TOS that states how ZOS don't have to fix anything, and that they are free to do whatever they want and how we want. So save it. I don't want to hear that noise. Call this another complaint and whine thread. Call me the ESO Alex Jones. Idgaf at this point, bruh. I really don't.

Damn.. another language of ESO I don't understand. What is CC? I don't know.. looking at your clip, it just looks like a single dude in PvP land getting his arse handed to him by a group, which happens to every dudes or dudettes in Cyrodiil that decide to solo. That's why only being in a zerg or group in Cyrodiil pays..

Crowd Control

Oh.. thanks for the clarification. Not slamming or bashing on the Ch4mpTW dude in any way, but what is actually the problem again with CC that Ch4mpTW dude is beeaattcching about? Maybe it just me.. and no, no white knight (black sheep here more than anything) here. All I see is a dude getting his arse handed to him by a group, which happens to me too while I tried to solo in Cyrodiil.

You're welcome.

He's not beeaattcching about it, he's frustrated, because the system can be exploited.

Being perma-stunned is not fun, and it should not be possible.

It used to be possible to avoid it, now it's not.
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly a pain. What I hate though is when it's laggy and I use an immovability potion and it doesn't do anything lol.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magika class I've really felt this for a while now. Even with immov pots. Stamina feels more and more dominant
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started running Reactive due to the CC BS...
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    problem is devs servers where testing goes on probably don't lag like the live servers do and so they are convinced that everything is working fine and we're all a bunch of idiots who are making this stuff up, end result the game will never work properly. crowd control immunity has never been 100% reliable and probably never will and ZO$ have repeatedly shown zero interest in fixing intermittent faults.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    I get knocked down, but I get up again
    You are never gonna keep me........ :(
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • RazerKlang
    None is immune except guards xD try raid them :dizzy:
    CP400+Xbox - NA- (Kahjiit) NightBlade (Red Guard) Templar (Wood Elf) Warden
    "And by the nine we got bottomless legendary gem"
    Templar
    Wørden
    KnightTemplar
  • RazerKlang
    and there should maybe have been; if you get cc once you should be unable to get anoter one for x seconds after
    CP400+Xbox - NA- (Kahjiit) NightBlade (Red Guard) Templar (Wood Elf) Warden
    "And by the nine we got bottomless legendary gem"
    Templar
    Wørden
    KnightTemplar
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you guys please look into this? Something has changed recently and it's made CC immunity function very poorly, when it even works at all.
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    He was knocked down from the horse. That cc is unbreakable and you can be CCed againm kind of stun from stealth (but you could break this)
    Edited by caperon on July 25, 2017 5:09PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperon wrote: »
    He was knocked down from the horse. That cc is unbreakable and you can be CCed againm kind of stun from stealth (but you could break this)

What...? Please watch the video more carefully. Lol.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the problem, but until you break out and really be CC immune for some seconds, you get some CC effects together or after each other..

I see a bigger problem to this CC "cheat"/exploit, when you arent able to break out.. but maybe you meaned this allready and i understood it wrong..
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity shares the same cooldown with server disconnection immunity. The two buffs cannot be active at the same time.
    Edited by Vercingetorix on July 25, 2017 6:33PM
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Balsagna
    Balsagna
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't break free, therefore no CC immunity

L2BF

How could I...? I was lagging horribly. Damn, I swear you ZOS fanboys will defend anything. No matter how blatantly obvious something is broken.

Correct. That is what they do.

I took a 2 year break from this game and returned for morrowind to find that bugs from 2015 still exist in the game. It's laughable. But when people are infatuated with a game like a new relationship, neither the game nor the person can do any wrong.

I've gotten into too many arguments in guild, that I no longer say anything. Too many people accept the multitude of game breaking bugs and continue to play, but I am not any better...I am still playing and I am an ESO+ sub.
  • Balsagna
    Balsagna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

L2BF

How could I...? I was lagging horribly. Damn, I swear you ZOS fanboys will defend anything. No matter how blatantly obvious something is broken.

I'm not defending anything, just explaining how it works.

Is your argument that if you're lagging you should be immune to the game core mechanics ?
    Everyone is lagging, and everyone is having the same problems.

In your video you don't break free, but ask to be CC immune. It doesn't work like that, and you can be double CCed if you don't break free from the first one.

Would be cause to grief if you did break free, but did not get the CC immunity, like it happened to many people (myself included). I would never, nor I ever did, defend that.

Have a good day.

No, his argument is that he should be given CC immunity after a hard CC on him expires, regardless of whether he breaks free or not, and he is right, that is how it is supposed to work.

The hard CC didn't expire, therefore, no CC immunity.

I'm not sure where you play, but down here you can chain hard CCs in rapid succession as long as you do before the previous one expire.

I'm not saying it should work like that, and I do agree it's BS, but it's how it works, and it's been like this for a while now.

And, in what universe is that working as intended?

Are you trying to make the argument that CC break in this game works? It doesn't work. I can smash R+L trigger REPEATEDLY with full stamina and not break CC. If you're going to act like not having a CC timer is working as intended after a hard CC if you don't break CC (which in itself is completely asinine...not you, the game), then you sure as frick better give me a functioning and RESPONSIVE CC break.
    Edited by Balsagna on July 25, 2017 6:46PM
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RIP ESO

Crown store only focus now...

Milk until death....

Love ZOS
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience it seems as of later there is a second you have to wait before even being ale to break any type of cc. Could be lag,but regardless alot them need to be toned down.Give cc's the same treatment they gave streak. The more it's used the more it costs. However it would have to all possible cc abilities.since it's a multitude of abilities as opposed to just one.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balsagna wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »

L2BF

I'm not defending anything, just explaining how it works.

Is your argument that if you're lagging you should be immune to the game core mechanics ?
    Everyone is lagging, and everyone is having the same problems.

In your video you don't break free, but ask to be CC immune. It doesn't work like that, and you can be double CCed if you don't break free from the first one.

Would be cause to grief if you did break free, but did not get the CC immunity, like it happened to many people (myself included). I would never, nor I ever did, defend that.

Have a good day.

No, his argument is that he should be given CC immunity after a hard CC on him expires, regardless of whether he breaks free or not, and he is right, that is how it is supposed to work.

The hard CC didn't expire, therefore, no CC immunity.

I'm not sure where you play, but down here you can chain hard CCs in rapid succession as long as you do before the previous one expire.

I'm not saying it should work like that, and I do agree it's BS, but it's how it works, and it's been like this for a while now.

And, in what universe is that working as intended?

Are you trying to make the argument that CC break in this game works? It doesn't work. I can smash R+L trigger REPEATEDLY with full stamina and not break CC. If you're going to act like not having a CC timer is working as intended after a hard CC if you don't break CC (which in itself is completely asinine...not you, the game), then you sure as frick better give me a functioning and RESPONSIVE CC break.

And thus we arrive at why Nightblades have the best AND strongest CC in the game. Fear. If fear wasn't so damn buggy, it wouldn't be as strong as it is. I believe that strongly. But, as it is currently? You can be a stamina build with a FULL bar of stamina, and CC-break with nothing happening except for your character still running away and locking up. What type of crap is that? Throw in that you can have CC's stacked on you from: Fear, Incap, and Surprise Attack. And you literally have a recipe for easy kills. Especially when you throw in things like Selene and Viper.

I genuinely believe most people play Nightblades, because of how cheesy their CC's are and how exploitable the class is for those reasons. What is the counter-play to having hard CC's constantly chained on you, and you can't even have a reliable form of defense with immovable pots? There is no counter-play. Yep. That's right. You're forced to just take the defeat, and keep it moving.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on July 25, 2017 8:51PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks @Ch4mpTW, these issues are on our radar and is something we want to fix. We have some improvements coming in the next couple updates that should help with this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Ch4mpTW, these issues are on our radar and is something we want to fix. We have some improvements coming in the next couple updates that should help with this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thank goodness. And thank you very much for responding to the thread. You guys at ZOS HQ be having me worried sometimes. And honestly? I don't know if you were just told to post that, in order to quiet a lot of us who are angry and frustrated. Or if it is genuine, and things will get fixed. All I know is that I appreciate you taking the time to post this, and that I'm going to hold you all at ZOS to your word on this.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thank goodness. And thank you very much for responding to the thread. You guys at ZOS HQ be having me worried sometimes. And honestly? I don't know if you were just told to post that, in order to quiet a lot of us who are angry and frustrated. Or if it is genuine, and things will get fixed. All I know is that I appreciate you taking the time to post this, and that I'm going to hold you all at ZOS to your word on this.

Jesus they actually responded?

I've gotten some Moderator warnings in a couple posts by now, But honestly I don't care anymore.

It seems the only way to get things fixed is to scream at them now before anything gets noticed anymore

So frustrating
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on July 25, 2017 9:25PM
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity shares the same cooldown with server disconnection immunity. The two buffs cannot be active at the same time.

The problem with this is that their coding regarding CC immunity for skills is broken.

I have been Hard CC'd subsequently in far less than the global cooldown. It's happened so many times now I'm just sick of it
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'v gotten some Moderator warnings in a couple posts by now, But honestly I don't care anymore.

It seems the only way to get things fixed is to scream at them now before anything gets noticed anymore

So frustrating

I know that feeling, bruh. I personally have had my forum account jammed up a few times from me acting out my frustration. Hence why I think I'm on my last strike before termination. It's also why I'm much more tame than I used to be on these forums, and avoid wilding out like I really want to. Im just saving and bottling it all up, until I've officially moved on from this game to another MMO. And then, I'm releasing it all. I'm going to black out and snap on everybody who did me dirty. But, until then...? I'm going to continue playing nice, and curbing my tongue.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on July 25, 2017 9:29PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

I've gotten some Moderator warnings in a couple posts by now, But honestly I don't care anymore.

So frustrating

Honestly, it shouldn't have to be that way. :confused: We're talking internally about how we can fix this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'v gotten some Moderator warnings in a couple posts by now, But honestly I don't care anymore.

So frustrating

I know that feeling, bruh. I personally have had my forum account jammed up a few times from me acting out my frustration. Hence why I think I'm on my last strike before termination. It's also why I'm much more tame than I used to be on these forums, and avoid wilding out like I really want to. Im just saving and bottling it all up, until I've officially moved on from this game to another MMO. And then, I'm releasing it all. I'm going to black out and snap on everybody who did me dirty. But, until then...? I'm going to continue playing nice, and curbing my tongue.

Lol I know exactly how you mean.

Honestly though, I love ESO's concept, but the absolute terrible maintaining of it by current staff and the refusal to add in Basic Quality of Life functions YEARS after being asked about it (weapon dyes anyone?) And this gameplay has turned me bitter and stale.

I have my eyes on some other MMO's. But I no longer believe ZOS has the capacity to effectively deal with these issues anymore
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on July 25, 2017 9:34PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So frustrating

Honestly, it shouldn't have to be that way. :confused: We're talking internally about how we can fix this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno See. This is why I respect you the most, out of all of the other staff members. And no, it's not because you're funny and everybody loves you. Lol. It's because unlike most, you really do come off as genuine you really do interact with the players, and really care about trying to get things resolved. Whenever I have had things go incredibly sour for me, you have ALWAYS been the first to contact me, and try to work with me on getting a solution. And that is why I personally could never bring myself to snap on you, or call you out. A lot of your colleagues, however...? Yeah. Best believe I'd love to talk with them 1 day over a phone call or Skype or something. Or even better face-to-face. But someone like you...? You're genuinely a good person, and I appreciate that. It's why I've always tried to speak-up, when I see someone being rude to you. And I think it's safe to say that it's why so many others love you as much as they do, and do the same. You care, and you aren't about giving people the "okey-doke" to just shut them up. And if you are, then you're absolutely amazing at it. And a professional about it. :)
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fossilize is also a big offender. Been flung in the air by Dizzying Swing as a stone statue way too many times. Or fossilized on horse back, no chance to break free.

And pots, what's up with them? How many times I've been CC'ed although I just took the immo pot? Or, alternatively, I take the pot, hear the sound and get CC'ed because the game didn't accept the pot, Icon is still off cooldown.

And break free? Cool, if it would work 100% of the time. Often enough it won't let me.

Bad game mechannics are bad.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So frustrating

Trust me @ZOS_GinaBruno I would love nothing more than to have a calm and rational Discussion on here regarding bug fixes and other feature issues ingame.

If you can help bring it up to the staff so that some of these can actually start to be addressed it would go miles as far as getting the playerbase to be less agitated and angry lately what with all the server crashes and issues such as these going on.

Please, make me bite my previous words on current affairs regarding the staff. If they could do some sort of Live Cast to talk about some things, and what's actually going on to fix things currently I would stop with all negativity honestly. We just want to be an Informed playerbase :/
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So frustrating

Maybe you could start a list and update us on that list maybe monthly. We could add things to that list with evidence. This would make so many players happy. It would also build trust knowing that they can get an update on what they found at least every month or so. Even if is not fixed right away we just want to know that it's being looked into.

Just knowing that healing ward was broken for 6 months with videos and getting no answer was disheartening to say the least. Especially when I tagged everyone almost weekly lol. Everyone who post a bug report probably feels the same. But keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing what other cookies you get.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are we going to fix the CC immunity bugs with single Meteors and other CCs as well? I've posted about this before with no response with pretty straight forward evidence and suggestions on how to fix this ongoing bug.

From what you can see in the multiple times this has been reported there is a transition time between when one CC hits and your break free that CC immunity is granted, making the 2nd CC hit you. Its laughable that meteor shows it off so well that you can break free from the first CC just to get tossed up a second later while still going through the break-free flex. just give CC immunity when the CC hits, so when folks break free there's no transition where they aren't immune.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit