The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WTF Happened to "CC Immunity"?

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/I1wsTHhjb2M

Seriously. What happened to it? Whether it is PvE or PvP. I'm so damn tired of getting double CC'd from hard-CC's that I'm ready to scream. I can't avoid it in PvE, and I can't avoid it in PvP. NPC's and players alike just completely rendering CC immunity null and void. And I've damn near had it. I made a post about this a month or so ago, and not a single damn dev or combat team member made a comment about what they are doing to look into it. Nor have mentioned an ETA on a proper fix.

I'm sick of it, bruh. I'm tired of having point out crap, and nothing gets done. Just like how early I made a thread about how I could still gap-close into keeps, and sent out messages to the staff of ZOS. And not 1 of them has gotten back to me about it, or how they'll look into it. People have been exploiting the queue system, and still no ETA on when that will be fixed. Keep doors not letting you in or out have been broken for YEARS, and still no damn ETA on a fix. But you ZOS mods can come into a thread, and make a comment about how you removed a post this and that. You can sure comment on that. But, you can't comment and engage on what you're ACTIVELY doing to make your game better.

And yes, before some white knight joins this thread and says how I'm not entitled to a functioning game. Save it. I already know about how we signed the damn TOS that states how ZOS don't have to fix anything, and that they are free to do whatever they want and how we want. So save it. I don't want to hear that noise. Call this another complaint and whine thread. Call me the ESO Alex Jones. Idgaf at this point, bruh. I really don't.
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, actually happened to me today in bgs. super lame.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, actually happened to me today in bgs. super lame.

I can't avoid it, bruh. Be it PvE or PvP. I can't escape it. I do VMA or a dungeon, and get double and triple hard-CC'd. I go into Cyrodiil, I get double hard-CC'd or triple hard-CC'd. I'm without a doubt certain it will happen to me in Battlegrounds. I can't dodge it. I just can't. It's more infuriating than getting frozen slowly and then head-shotted by Mei from Overwatch, or fighting a Sub-Zero freeze spammer in Mortal Kombat. It's like enough already. Let me have control over my character.
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pve wise, I found a bug that Mobs doesn't give you cc immunity if you don't break free of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRVT-j-K9FQ
  • radiospam
    radiospam
    ✭✭✭
    looks like lag tbh
    PC - NA - Daggerfall Covenant

Total Brutal
    Patch Notes
    Benrien'eth
    Perfect Teeth
    Voice of Y'ffre
    Madril Dres
    Loose Teeth
    One Salty Gurl
    One Salty Boi
    Maji Ben
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Seriously. What happened to it? Whether it is PvE or PvP. I'm so damn tired of getting double CC'd from hard-CC's that I'm ready to scream. I can't avoid it in PvE, and I can't avoid it in PvP. NPC's and players alike just completely rendering CC immunity null and void. And I've damn near had it. I made a post about this a month or so ago, and not a single damn dev or combat team member made a comment about what they are doing to look into it. Nor have mentioned an ETA on a proper fix.

I'm sick of it, bruh. I'm tired of having point out crap, and nothing gets done. Just like how early I made a thread about how I could still gap-close into keeps, and sent out messages to the staff of ZOS. And not 1 of them has gotten back to me about it, or how they'll look into it. People have been exploiting the queue system, and still no ETA on when that will be fixed. Keep doors not letting you in or out have been broken for YEARS, and still no damn ETA on a fix. But you ZOS mods can come into a thread, and make a comment about how you removed a post this and that. You can sure comment on that. But, you can't comment and engage on what you're ACTIVELY doing to make your game better.

And yes, before some white knight joins this thread and says how I'm not entitled to a functioning game. Save it. I already know about how we signed the damn TOS that states how ZOS don't have to fix anything, and that they are free to do whatever they want and how we want. So save it. I don't want to hear that noise. Call this another complaint and whine thread. Call me the ESO Alex Jones. Idgaf at this point, bruh. I really don't.

been happening to me for a while, I just expect this
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When something happens so often the people just grow completely complacent about it, even those who are negatively impacted.

It's a running theme that ZoS seems to be willingly riding, for sure.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's messed up. And honestly, ZOS should be ashamed of themselves that their customers have this type of mentality. If I were Rich, Matt or any of the big wigs at ZOS? I'd be beyond embarrassed. And best believe people would be getting fired. Yes. It is severe enough that people need to lose their jobs over it, because it's late-July of 2017 — yet this type of crap is still going on. And as a person in the lead position of a company that I'm in? I would personally make sure that the people in charge of quality control and all that jazz were getting fired, and having their jobs replaced by people who actually are competent. How unprofessional can ZOS actually get? Smfh.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it feels a lot like stunlock.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    it feels a lot like stunlock.

@Lylith You mean like this:
    https://youtu.be/PipGXt2DQlY

It's dramatically worse in Halls of Fabrication.
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double CC everywhere. :'( Makes PvP so frustrating
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously. What happened to it? Whether it is PvE or PvP. I'm so damn tired of getting double CC'd from hard-CC's that I'm ready to scream. I can't avoid it in PvE, and I can't avoid it in PvP. NPC's and players alike just completely rendering CC immunity null and void. And I've damn near had it...

Call me the ESO Alex Jones. Idgaf at this point, bruh. I really don't.

I thought I was just mashing the wrong keys to break free. I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience this.

I'll sub to "InfoScrolls" if you start it.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me frequently in cyrodiil

I gave up trying to tag anyone in @ZOS_GinaBruno, Because they generally dont care. Or they are aware of it and just can't figure out how to fix it, so it's just becoming one of those "elephants" In the room nowadays

CC immunity on many knockbacks/Stuns do not actively work. I have been Incaped then immediately re-stunned again by a suprise attack directly following being stunned LESS than 6 seconds afterwards.

Fear also has a glitch in it where the animation of your character running will continue to run longer than the intended effects duration. I used to not be able to break free of it even with a full stam bar on a tank with 34k stamina.

It's just sad, But it likely won't ever be fixed. ZOS is just milking the last of the remaining players at this point. ESO will not survive much longer.
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on July 25, 2017 3:57AM
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    Spear and draining shot tend to replicate that alot, in the case of draining shot, the caster doesn't get the heal when it happens, as that part of the cc never occurs. Essentally the "knockback" happens but the "stun" doesn't. Which explains why u get up faster when it occurs and, in the case of draining shot, the caster doesn't get the heal. By default, cc immunity is granted after a stun. Pretty much the same reason the set that knocks people back when u get low didn't grant cc immunity originally, as it knocked back but didn't stun.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't break free, therefore no CC immunity

L2BF
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »

L2BF

How could I...? I was lagging horribly. Damn, I swear you ZOS fanboys will defend anything. No matter how blatantly obvious something is broken.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a serious problem right now in both PvP and pve. There's also a similar problem with gap closers in PvP right now when the terrain prevents the caster from pathing to you, but you get the snare and take the damage anyway. And because he's still above the min range, he can cast it over and over and keep you snared.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will not fix it more work with Crown Shop...
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity has always been very, very poor functioning. But since last Monday's patch I frequently can't CC break no matter what. Full stam bar. Can't cc break with mouse or keybind. Then I get CCd with an immov pot up. If I manage to break free, I immediately get CC'd again even when I clearly have the CC immunity swirls at my feet.

I have also been able to CC people who *should* have CC immunity.

It like they took the buggy, exploitable code from Fear and stuck it on every single CC ability.
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, especially in pvp it's a pain when someone roots me ove and over again. As a magicka sorc, I don't have enough stamina to break free more than once in a while. There must be a concept for temporary CC immunities for main CCs (which make you complete unable to act, like KB, fear, stun etc.) and for lesser CC (like root and snare).
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I thought it was just me being bad at the game.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm being doubled cc'ed but only from NB's it'a total BS
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TarrNokk wrote: »
    Agree, especially in pvp it's a pain when someone roots me ove and over again. As a magicka sorc, I don't have enough stamina to break free more than once in a while. There must be a concept for temporary CC immunities for main CCs (which make you complete unable to act, like KB, fear, stun etc.) and for lesser CC (like root and snare).

Roots do not trigger CC immunity, nor do they respect it, and they can not be removed by break free. They can only be removed by roll dodging (or an ability that removes them).

There is (since last update) a short immunity (about 2 seconds) to roots after you remove one by roll dodging.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was mistake for them to have ever nerfed the Heavy Armor active ability.

CC/stuns and the over abundance of it is a big reason as to why I seldom enjoy PvP on games. I was hopeful that this game might be the exception (since you could become immune to those kind of effects). But sadly that did not last.

I don't mind dying. But at least let me actually play my character while dying. That isn't too much to ask.
    Edited by Jeremy on July 25, 2017 5:41AM
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2BF

How could I...? I was lagging horribly. Damn, I swear you ZOS fanboys will defend anything. No matter how blatantly obvious something is broken.

I'm not defending anything, just explaining how it works.

Is your argument that if you're lagging you should be immune to the game core mechanics ? Everyone is lagging, and everyone is having the same problems.

In your video you don't break free, but ask to be CC immune. It doesn't work like that, and you can be double CCed if you don't break free from the first one.

Would be cause to grief if you did break free, but did not get the CC immunity, like it happened to many people (myself included). I would never, nor I ever did, defend that.

Have a good day.

PS - Calling someone "ZOS fanboy" because they present an argument different than yours is like calling "Fascist" someone that has different political views than yours, no matter what they are. It's childish and ignorant. If you want civil discourse, you should refrain from that kind of practice.

Edited by Aisle9 on July 25, 2017 6:18AM
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)

#SpellswordArmy

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2BF

Is your argument that if you're lagging you should be immune to the game core mechanics ?
    Everyone is lagging, and everyone is having the same problems.

In your video you don't break free, but ask to be CC immune. It doesn't work like that, and you can be double CCed if you don't break free from the first one.

Would be cause to grief if you did break free, but did not get the CC immunity, like it happened to many people (myself included). I would never, nor I ever did, defend that.

Have a good day.

No, his argument is that he should be given CC immunity after a hard CC on him expires, regardless of whether he breaks free or not, and he is right, that is how it is supposed to work.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TarrNokk wrote: »

There are many. Roll dodge gives you a short immunity to roots (2s iirc) , breaking free gives you immunity to CC (6s), Full Momentum gives you roots immunity for 8seconds, Immovable (Heavy armor active skill) makes you immune to hard CCs, Shuffle (medium armor) makes you immune to roots and clean current roots on you, but it relies on a high number of medium armor pieces.

I agree, they are all stamina based solutions, but we all deal with that. My advice would be to use tri-stat food instead of blue. I found that 15k stamina are usually enough to allow me to break free and use an immovable potions after that (and get the hell out of dodge if heavily outnumbered, or apply some pressure of my own if I feel I can take them).

On that note, Immovability potions also give you immunity to snares (when they work, as they are known to be not 100% reliable).

Hope this helps, have a good day.

Edited by Aisle9 on July 25, 2017 6:07AM

#SpellswordArmy

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

L2BF

Is your argument that if you're lagging you should be immune to the game core mechanics ?

Have a good day.

No, his argument is that he should be given CC immunity after a hard CC on him expires, regardless of whether he breaks free or not, and he is right, that is how it is supposed to work.

Bingo. +1
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

L2BF

Have a good day.

The hard CC didn't expire, therefore, no CC immunity.

I'm not sure where you play, but down here you can chain hard CCs in rapid succession as long as you do before the previous one expire.

I'm not saying it should work like that, and I do agree it's BS, but it's how it works, and it's been like this for a while now.

Edited by Aisle9 on July 25, 2017 6:15AM

#SpellswordArmy