Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deathmatch

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since July 10, we started to see a small difference with the number of Deathmatch mode Battlegrounds being offered compared to the other two. While the difference is statistically within reason, we are monitoring and will keep you updated.

With all due respect but since the last patch from the previous week I've been playing more than 50 BGs and got only 1 Deathmatch. During this week I've got none. And you call it a difference being statistically within reason?! Change your approach please... You wonder why people don't want to test the new mode/map on the PTS? They have bad experiences with it. That's why.

I'm on EU/PC. If it even matters to you...
  • Nullmagic
    Nullmagic
    ✭✭
    Also, your CTF mechanics are not good ZOS. Might want to reconsider how those BGs play.
  • ChardeeMacD
    ChardeeMacD
    ✭✭
    I'm glad they are at least finally responding to this post. I'm so burnt out on CTF and land grab, that I am getting really bored of bg's. As if there wasn't already a small selection of games to play, the lack of deathmatch is sad.
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    To make a long story short.

For last 2 weeks I've played DM mode only 1 time.

2 times I got smth like this!

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOAcnW6AXNE
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Why not let customer decide which mode? Enough of Grab bag, you all should know that everybody wants to play deathmatch the most. Is there even a set time or planned update to allow the consumer to choose which game mode? ZOS_GinaBruno , ZOS_JessicaFolsom , ZOS_GaryA , ZOS_TristanK , ZOS_AntonioP
    Back when battlegrounds were announced, they said they may do this in the future, but didn't want to split the queue so much to start with when there is only one game mode per type, as it means a match for those who are in the least-favoured queue type would be much less likely to happen, and they would almost never get a game (current queue issues notwithstanding).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Jessica Folsom's post proves is that DEVS just dont play their game. PERIOD !

Otherwise she wouldnt have come out with this monthly survey of numbers of death matchs compared to others.

Any devs playing would have noticed within an hour that deatmatchs dont happen at all or almost ...

• Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time so far I have gotten deathmatch it has been broken. During US prime time it would start the group forming and put us in the instance, but 1 or 2 teams would always be short players. It would not start the game until we were all full, BUT it never filled it up. 20min+ I waited and it was just missing one person, I call BS that there wasn't 1 solo queuer around during 9pm EST to fill that spot. Then people started leaving and the game would fill those spots back up but never the one last person needed to start the game. Every death match I have gotten so far within the last 3 weeks have been like that, I had to leave and get penalty every time. Making me have a total of 40min+ of doing absolutely NOTHING but waiting. Do you guys count those failed death matches into it when you see if there have been deathmatches run?

We see more people quitting out of Deathmatch than other modes, so the "completed" numbers are lower than the "offered" numbers. We're focusing on the "offered" numbers for the sake of our monitoring.

Give us option to choose game mode when we queue... so nabsies can go run their relics while serious pvpers can pvp.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an example from yesterday of me getting stuck in death match and being forced to take the deserter penalty. Super exciting video ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFueLizSbVI
    Edited by Thogard on July 19, 2017 3:27PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Falhael
    Falhael
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

[...]
    Also - unsure why comparing Leaderboard scores between two different game types makes any relevance to volumes of people playing? The scoring system is different, so how does comparing scores relate to volumes of DM's played? (apologies if i'm just being dumb)

It just shows that few deathmatches get completed. Deathmatch is the game mode that makes it easiest to get 4k+ leaderboard points each run. And before deathmatches disappeared (PC EU here) the top scores were by far the highest in deathmatch leaderboards. Now those are by far the lowest.
  • damarky
    damarky
    ✭✭✭
    any update on this?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    Still no death match today. ZOS needs to get this fix, of course they first need to admit there is a issue on the PC servers which they haven't done

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I had another day with 10+ BGs yesterday - not a single deathmatch, like every day since the Queue-Fix patch on PC EU.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert

After I purchased Morrowind almost 3 months ago I have yet to see a single day where BGs were actually working as intended or playable at all. The least any customer can expect from you is to recognize this and show full commitment to make BGs work as flawless as they can ever run now.

Instead, you have shown nothing but disrespect for the loyalty and money that has been brought to you. The initial attitude in regards to the Queues and now here, displayed by ZOS staff, is simply not professional. Not only that you let us bugtest your game and still deliver a deeply flawed product, now you also ignore the newly introduced issues (by you) and pretend everything is fine - when a single BG session of one hour on PC would be enough to clearly show people in this thread are 100% correct blaming bugged game mode rotation for ruining their fun for weeks now (again).

This is so disappointing and infuriating at the same time.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on July 20, 2017 6:06AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Wanted to give you all a quick update on this. In drilling down into the numbers further, we are seeing fewer Deathmatch mode games being spun up on PC (both NA and EU) since the July 10 incremental patch. The console servers are unaffected. We're still investigating the cause and hope to have an update for you early next week.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to give you all a quick update on this. In drilling down into the numbers further, we are seeing fewer Deathmatch mode games being spun up on PC (both NA and EU) since the July 10 incremental patch. The console servers are unaffected. We're still investigating the cause and hope to have an update for you early next week.

So, after all this queue disaster for 10 weeks, after belittleing this new issue for another 2 weeks before starting to investigate - you can't even man up enough to apologize and make this priority number one with a hotfix? I mean, it's just 3 months since your customers paid for this key feature of the Morrowind "expansion" - and it is still not working! All the while you are hyping up new game modes, yay.

"an update next week" .... wow, just wow.
  • misfitmanic
    misfitmanic
    ✭✭✭
    Completed all the BG dailies today, not a single Deathmatch.
    Completed all the BG dailies yesterday, only a single Deathmatch that would not start after 5+ min waiting on starting platform. Got hit with 20 min deserter penalty for leaving, at which point I simply logged out.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done about 20 BGs yesterday and today, got a single deathmatch out of it.

'statistically within reason'

Maybe you guys should pay an employee to play the game...
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Miss_Morphine
    Miss_Morphine
    ✭✭✭
    Fix in this patch?
    Here's to hoping they just didn't put it into patch notes.

Event is going on and all...

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Fear is Failure NA PC
    Main - mSC - Somatic Fury EP
    mNB - A Sussurrus EP mTP - Wicked Light DC mDK - Flagellant AD
    sNB - Wicked Haze EP sDK - Do'Ashara EP
    TP healer - The Morphine EP
    DK tank - Unyielding Fury EP

vMA Flawless - vMoL HM - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vDSA
  • ChardeeMacD
    ChardeeMacD
    ✭✭
    Fix in this patch?
    Here's to hoping they just didn't put it into patch notes.

Event is going on and all...

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I really hope so, gah bless!
    Edited by ChardeeMacD on July 24, 2017 10:32AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Hey there,
    waiting here patiently with you guys for 11 weeks to finally make the BGs work I paid 30 bucks for somewhere in the past. Care to share an update with your loyal customers? Maybe even an ETA on when your last expansion's key feature will be fully playable?
    Thanks for your hard work and setting the right priorities - I mean, it's just 3 months....
    Regards
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Hey there,
    waiting here patiently with you guys for 11 weeks to finally make the BGs work I paid 30 bucks for somewhere in the past. Care to share an update with your loyal customers? Maybe even an ETA on when your last expansion's key feature will be fully playable?
    Thanks for your hard work and setting the right priorities - I mean, it's just 3 months....
    Regards

You ask for too much, working bg are not even top 100 priorities there. My topic about same issue wasnt even dignified with an answers after tagging devs and commuinty managers alike for 10 days.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/359696/battlegrounds-game-modes-are-horribly-designed-and-need-changes/p1
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Hey there,
    Regards

You ask for too much, working bg are not even top 100 priorities there. My topic about same issue wasnt even dignified with an answers after tagging devs and commuinty managers alike for 10 days.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/359696/battlegrounds-game-modes-are-horribly-designed-and-need-changes/p1

99% of posts that are tagged with devs never get a response. And technically those two things are working as intended.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished a week of BG on PS4 NA.

It seems DM showed up more than the CTF or DOM.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess the update early this week didn't include it after all.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From another thread:
    Cinbri wrote: »
    So, no fix for deathmatches?
    We're still working on it. We promised an update early this week, and we will still deliver on that promise. We're looking at numbers over the next 24 hours and should be able to provide an update tomorrow. In the meantime, if you're on PC/Mac let us know if you notice any difference today compared to last week.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

The issue with Deathmatch Battleground game modes not spinning up as often as other game modes on PC/Mac is now fixed. This fix came in after we finalized the patch notes, so it is not currently listed. We'll be updating the patch notes this afternoon. Thanks again to everyone who brought this issue to our attention.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • seatox
    seatox
    Soul Shriven
    Just had a deathmatch load... but it loaded 3v3v4, suddenly everyone lagged out, and were forced out via what i presume was lag induced crash or quitting because their ping was in the 3000s

There is something WRONG with deathmatch.

Edit: PC NA by the way. And now I'm stuck in an infinite battleground queue after it popped 3 times in a row, but failed to form because someone declined.
    Edited by seatox on July 25, 2017 12:58AM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Done a few deathmatches on PC NA since the fix and all is working well for me.
  • seatox
    seatox
    Soul Shriven
    meh could be related to the general crashiness of the servers then. at least a deathmatch popped, i guess?

Edit: yeah, deathmatch seems to be back up, just had two in a row, though the lag is spikey.

Also warden-stack healing OP, but I won't complain too much because it just got my sorc the one battlegrounds win I needed for the event achievement. Nuts to the janky, matchmakingless disaster that is the current battlegrounds, i'm going back to cyrodiil.
    Edited by seatox on July 25, 2017 2:34AM