The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 15 - Feedback Thread for Combat Balance

• IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »
    I think the Destruction Ultimate was missed in the patch notes.

Couldn't agree more. Disappointed that some kind of change didn't occur. Talk about procs being overpowering in pvp and then do nothing about the Ulti spam is ridiculous.

"Ulti-spam" is only dangerous to zergs. It has little effect on small, coordinated groups. Eye of Flame is a necessity to keep zerglings where they belong: in a respawn loading screen.

Hmmm weird cause i usually die when i get steamrolled by a Xvs1 situation with multiple destro Ulti and each one hitting me 4 17-20k(in heavy armor, 3k crit resistance, quick cloak, 45points dot reduction)
    It doesn't help fighting zergs it makes zergs stronger(have you been been playing PvP lately????)
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on July 13, 2017 6:16PM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    It's a nice QoL change for the Set Summoned pets to inherit CP, but would you be willing to expand this to ability summoned pets as well? (Such as the sorcs Twilight Matriarch, Volatile Familiar, Atronach)

This would probably be overkill. Stormy, sure, he could use a buff. But volatile familiar already does a huge heap of damage in pve on necro pet sorc builds, and really isn't used in pvp.

If they lower the base damage down to keep the ceiling from being too high, low level sorcs that unlock those pets first thing would get nerfed pretty hard.
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @Wrobel , @ZOS_RichLambert .

There is a problem with some skills and CP:

Some skills as Curse, proximity detonation, unstable core are DOT in the game (it procs valkyn skoria).

Thaumaturge (CP): increase DOT damage
    Master-at-Arms (CP): increase direct damage attacks

Skills that deal damage after a few seconds as Curse, proximity detonation, unstable core... are increasing their damage with Master-at-Arms instead thaumatuge.

fix it please
    Edited by LordSlif on July 14, 2017 1:47AM
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving how there's only two pages. Most people have given up giving feedback that'll be ignored.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    @Wrobel (if he even reads these things anymore), @ZOS_RichLambert how about this change to Nerien'eth

1pc - Max Magicka
    2pc - Remove the delay on the crystal's explosion, making the damage almost instant. This way, magicka classes get an instant burst undaunted set that's on par with Selene on stamina users.

how about no
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loving how there's only two pages. Most people have given up giving feedback that'll be ignored.

Hope bro hope
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »

Hope bro hope

gur6dy9ldiwk.jpg
    Options
  • Aldruin
    Aldruin
    ✭✭✭
    @Wrobel (if he even reads these things anymore), @ZOS_RichLambert how about this change to Nerien'eth

1pc - Max Magicka
    2pc - Remove the delay on the crystal's explosion, making the damage almost instant. This way, magicka classes get an instant burst undaunted set that's on par with Selene on stamina users.

Yea I don't usually go for nerfs but in this case please just nerf Selene, Tremorscale and Skoria. I fail to understand how Tremorscale wasn't even in the patch notes and how Selene didn't get at least a second between its proc and actual damage.
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aldruin wrote: »

1pc - Max Magicka

Yea I don't usually go for nerfs but in this case please just nerf Selene, Tremorscale and Skoria. I fail to understand how Tremorscale wasn't even in the patch notes and how Selene didn't get at least a second between its proc and actual damage.

I concur.
    Options
  • SirSocke
    SirSocke
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps because Selene has a second before dealing damage? The bear spawns, roars and then he attacks... So what do you want more? Should the bear do half an hour of dancing before he attacks?
    Edited by SirSocke on July 15, 2017 11:23AM
    Bosmer stamina nightblade!
    Options
  • Br1ckst0n
    Br1ckst0n
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Selenes attack is exactly the same as the npc bears attack.
    Offtank of the year 2016
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

1pc - Max Magicka

Valkyn
    Edited by LordSlif on July 15, 2017 11:54AM
    Options
  • anathemort
    anathemort
    ✭✭
    • The new icons for Wall of Elements are pretty garish. I'm not a fan.
    • Changes to elemental effects are cool and appreciated!
    • Changes to DK trees are welcome too!
    • There seems to be an impact to animation canceling. I'm not sure if this was intended, but in the first few seconds of combat, it doesn't seem as easy to achieve canceling as it used to, or as it becomes as combat continues. Maybe it's just lag?
    • Overall really enjoying the changes!
    Edited by anathemort on July 15, 2017 9:02PM
    Options
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel
    Even after making adjustments for the new trait and mundus changes, my Magicka Sorc is parsing lower than on live by around 3-4k dps. The max I've been able to hit on PTS was 38k. My best on live is 41k.

I understand some very vocal people on the forums have complained consistently about the Magicka Sorcerer but when Stam NBs and Templars are parsing over 45k dps, it makes me think that a number of factors implemented in the Morrowind patch and now the HotR patch are leading to the Magicka Sorc losing out. Now admittedly, the Magicka Warden is in the worst spot and needs very serious help, but this at least is what I think should be done for the Magicka Sorc:

1. Revert the Concussion change back to 6 seconds. 4 seconds seriously hurts uptime of this status effect, which effectively hurts Minor Vulnerability and Off-Balance (Exploiter) uptime. Alternatively, consider changing Heavy Attacks to no longer consume the Exploiter passive's 10% damage buff when knocking down an off-balance target. If it lasted the full 4 seconds regardless of when off-balance was consumed, then it would be fine.

2. Please consider disengaging the 55% pet damage buff from the expolsion of Daedric Prey. Rather, keep the explosion at 6 seconds, but make the pet damage buff last 10 seconds. This would allow Pet Sorcs to activate Daedric Prey before activating Volatile Familiar and get the damage bonus for the full 8 second duration. As it stands, trying to keep Daedric Prey up 100% is very awkward in the Sorc rotarion where we basically have a repeating pattern every 8 seconds.

3. Reduce the Lightning Heavy Attack duration from 2.5 seconds to 2 seconds. This isn't specific to Sorcs, but since we have bonus lightning damage, it is the preferred staff we use. Remember all the complaints about how slow heavy attacks were and how slow it made combat feel? Well Lightning didn't get adjusted, even though that was the primary weapon magicka players were heavy attacking with. Reduce the damage and regen as you see fit, but the shorter duration would again help with fitting heavy attacks into rotations more neatly and increase the sense of speed in combat.

Thanks for considering these suggestions!
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1)Stone Giant (stonefirst morph) could be changed to Stamina Cost.
    The effect of Minor Resolve can be removed because it makes toons look like they are covered in waste matter.

2)Remove damage bonus from Max Magika/Stamina. This will help magika builds to use more weapon skills as utilities. This will help Stamina builds use more Class skills as utilities. Your game will become trully play as you like. You will see many great builds rising from your Lore.
    (Challenges to PvE due to loss of Dps can be resolved by the Devs by decreasing the HP from Bosses/Mobs to achieve desired balance.

3)Remove easy combat gear sets. Let us deal damage or heal/regenerate with our abilities.

4)Lower the tooltip of 1handed/shield abilities. They deal good enough damage and put pressure on the enemy, while offering reassurance of a solid defence when needed.
    The combination of Normal hit clipping->Active skill clipping->Bash (with bonus damage because of Passive skills) makes 1h/shield more agro than it should be.
    The gap closer of this skill line is also over performing. Stun, dmg and gap closer all on ONE CONVENIENT ability slot, rdy for any use required.
    Are shield carriers supposed to be this mobile??

5) 90% of the builds run Evasion (Shuffle and Elude)
    It is the best damage mitigating skill across all playstyles.)
    Tanks run Shuffle. Fighters run it, rogues the same.
    For a skill that delicts a stealthy fight it sure is weird seeking heavy/light armor users running it.
    I find the fact that a game with such ACTIVE combat offers passive damage avoidance. Eso ain't a MOBA. Its combat has blocking rolling sprinting teleporting and other ACTIVE ways to AVOID being hit. It should at least be a Nightblade exclusive skill with high stamina cost to prevent magNBs from using it. Such a change would benefit stamNBs whose only option at being competive is to be proctards.
    Major/minor evasion should be a unique NB feature.
    Evasion and its morphs should be deleted/reworked.

PS. Isn't it such an ugly sight to see colorless, shadowy figures populating battlegrounds, Cyrodiil and IC? Every one runs it. What about all those great looking armors your artists have created?
    It looks so ugly.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on July 16, 2017 5:26AM
    Options
  • Br1ckst0n
    Br1ckst0n
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see major force buffed. Currently it gives 15% critical damage (additive) while the minor buff gives 10%. I suggest changing it to the minor/major brutality values (25% major, 8% minor).
    Offtank of the year 2016
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1pc - Max Magicka

...Why Skoria? Is it really that much of a PVP problem?
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1pc - Max Magicka

A bit of burst dmg coming from high survivability tanks that cast on you numerous Dots is a problem imo.

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

1pc - Max Magicka

Because having one nice monster set for magicka burst is too many. The damage is fine, but Skoria should have a telegraph tho (like meteor). The audible queue can get lost in the noise.

Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS pls fix magicka DK skills. Many are atrociously broken.

Inferno: AoE. Damage type and resource cost based of highest stats.

Cauterize: Moving AoE hot on caster that also based of highest stats.

FOO: Inferno + Stam+mag steal depending on stat.

Reflective scales: Make wings reflect 4 projectiles but without a timer. *All* projectiles except for ulti. This will make it a decent skill for small scale that doesn't double dip in duration, 4 seconds and only 4 projectiles* (*Not all projectiles, Terms and conditions apply) is silly. Instead it can be a preemptive buff that the DK has to track without it being 4 seconds of complete invulnerability.

Draconic leap: Return range buffs in cyro, they can't jump onto keeps any longer, so its an unfair limit.

Chains: Make both morphs gap closers, and make them work on slopes, its so much worse than other gap closers, not to mention trapped behind a PvE skill.

Stonefist: Renamed to tectonics. Make this the new pull, looks like fossilize's animation, but the funtionality of chains. :) Generally looks cooler and stops the need to respec for pve/p.

These changes won't affect damage at all, so won't harm balance. It will however make DKs more accessible.

Edited by ak_pvp on July 17, 2017 7:12AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think stop asking for nerf and learn to dodge....or run away from it... PLS dont ruin PVE cuz of PVP.....
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1pc - Max Magicka

THIS.......................

@Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think,

*many people suffer cuz of sustain issues
    *Bosses resist are really high (not bad tho)

while situation is like that nerfing sharpened that much is not the good move...But buffing others to level of sharpened better maybe...

Sharpened: Leave it how it is
    Infused : % 50-60
    Precise : % 18-%21
    Nirn :% 30 -35

i know values are looking high but it is better i think...cuz sharpened is that high...
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • Br1ckst0n
    Br1ckst0n
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    ZOS pls fix magicka DK skills. Many are atrociously broken.

Inferno: AoE. Damage type and resource cost based of highest stats.

Cauterize: Moving AoE hot on caster that also based of highest stats.

FOO: Inferno + Stam+mag steal depending on stat.

Reflective scales: Make wings reflect 4 projectiles but without a timer. *All* projectiles except for ulti. This will make it a decent skill for small scale that doesn't double dip in duration, 4 seconds and only 4 projectiles* (*Not all projectiles, Terms and conditions apply) is silly. Instead it can be a preemptive buff that the DK has to track without it being 4 seconds of complete invulnerability.

Draconic leap: Return range buffs in cyro, they can't jump onto keeps any longer, so its an unfair limit.

Chains: Make both morphs gap closers, and make them work on slopes, its so much worse than other gap closers, not to mention trapped behind a PvE skill.

Stonefist: Renamed to tectonics. Make this the new pull, looks like fossilize's animation, but the funtionality of chains. :) Generally looks cooler and stops the need to respec for pve/p.

These changes won't affect damage at all, so won't harm balance. It will however make DKs more accessible.

No
    Offtank of the year 2016
    Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

1pc - Max Magicka

how about no

whuuu u scared soo much???!!! u want me hug you???!!!
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could the Twilight Tormentor morph finally be buffed to make it a clearcut DPS option, instead of the current niche of organized Trials or bust?

Twilight Tormentor and Twilight Matriarch have the exact same DPS for 50% of any given fight, because Tormentor's active ability is nonfunctional on a target below 50% health. Matriarch's active will work in any possible situation while she still does the same as Tormentor, except she can still heal when Tormentor's active becomes "invalid".

At the very least Tormentor should scale higher than Matriach, the active work on any HP level if you have the magicka to use it, or have it debuff targets it attacks/
    Edited by Transairion on July 17, 2017 10:33AM
    Options
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a huge problem with dps from differant playstyles. I think melle players should do more damage than range players because of the higher risk. But at the moment the gab to a stam player is to much. Magicka templars and dks are in a very bad spot, forced to play melle and pulling way less dps than stam counterpart and also not more than range players.

Next big think is sustain. You said that you want that light attack builds have a dps advantage, but that is not true. In nearly all cases heavy attack palystyle wins and give way easyer ressurce managment. Also heavy attacks with a staff dont feels great, it feels clunky. I for myself dont know any magicka player that like the current playstyle in turn of ressurce managment.

For pvp, healdebuff should also reduce shields. Perma dogeing and steaking needs to be loocked and needs a slightly nearf, kyting 24/7 should not be possible. I think for peama rolling a good start point would be to replace the major speedbuff from bowdogeloll with minor speedbuff. Also speedpots needs a nearf in reducing the time as its from the stunimmunity from the potions or just give minor speedbuff.

PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for combat balance and ability changes. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance.

Is this related only to current changes? Because I would like to say the bow damage (pvp and pve) even on warden is still bad, but there have been no attempt at buffs or critical changes since January. So my take on current balance in relation to bow is its still very very bad.

Why if you cast any nonBow skill in the game you deal less damage than everyone else.
    You can equip resto staff on stam warden and lose 5% crit chance from bow, but gain Major Mending on heavy attacks, undodgeable heavy attacks, large amount of magicka gain from the heavy attacks, heal low health allies for more and restore magicka on block. Yes, you get all of this while dealing same damage with stam skills on stam builds as bow user would, except they get 5% more crit and their light/heavy scale with stam/wp dmg.

Slotting 1h+S you literally get another armor piece with huge amount of armor that allows you to run 5/5/2 sets while significantly buffing your blocking possibilities and giving you MORE damage than bow. Losing ranged light attacks and 5% crit chance from bow.

I dont have to continue, because other weapons are actually focused on damage and the differences are just enormous. Every weapon in this game in some ways buffs your either defensive or offensive capabilities (or both), only bow does nothing but 5% more crit chance.
    Same weapon damage as 1H or staves. Same set limitation as staves. Same number of skills like staves. No significant offensive boost contrary to what staves get. While almost no stamina class skills exist and those that do are either melee or supportive. And when they are finally both stam and ranged they are significantly behind their magicka counterpart (mag warden cliff racer 6% from passive, 15% from range; stam absolutely nothing) or very bad for long time without almost no touch (silver bolts).

In short playing archer build in this game in pve and pvp means equipping bow, using ranged bow skills, using other ranged/supportive skills, wearing medium armor. And in each of these parts there is some huge road block and half of them can be traced back to low damage (like the more % damage everyone gets the bigger the gap) and bad/no skills (like having melee range knockback)

//EDIT:
    Forgot to list some suggestions if they aren't obvious from the rant above:
    1. Bow NEEDS (staves and 2H should) to count for 2 set pieces. Either by simply making it that way or creating quiver
    2. Bow needs to boost all damage like all weapons do. Not just bow skills. Not saying the full 25% of hawkeye should do it, but something has to be done
    3. Drop the long range passive. Range does not exists in this game. All fights are melee range or mid range (~10m max). In both PVE and PVP. The only thing that the long shot passive boosts are Snipe zergs and Snipe gankers.
    4. Buff or change the crit passive. Seriously, what is 5% crit chance when all other weapon get higher percent increases for all damage. You get 5% more to ALL damage on 2H or dual wield or twice the amount of crit from daggers while getting more raw weapon damage.
    5. Speed up (again) heavy attacks of bow. They are still impossible to use in any rotation. Either it is animation related or bug, but heavy attacking with staves is day and night compared to bow
    6. Make Scatter Shot proper ranged CC/knockback like half the classes and all Magicka chars in this game already have.
    7. Better PVP execute than DoT that takes 2sec to deal damage would not hurt either. Either by making Venom Arrow better or Poison Injection deal damage faster (and/or on hit too)
    8. Racial passives should get better. Half the stam races have melee related passives while second half stealth related. Magicka races simply boost damage they deal (of some damage type for example). Suggestion: increase ranged or poison damage of Bosmer
    9. Cliff racer morph (Cutting dive) should get stam morph comparable to what mag morph gets
    10. Silver bolts (at least the non gap closer morph) should be completely changed. The damage is low, AoE is irrelevant, the cost is high and snare is almost irrelevant too (good for zergs to chase at best); Better suggestion: rework half the FG skills (again)
    11. Remove from addon API anything related to projectile launches. There is no reason why players should be warned someone is attacking them if they are not capable of noticing it himself

Reading it now, it is little sad how many changes it would get to make archer builds good. Anything less than 90% of these and they will still underperform, but getting 10% would feel like miracle.
    Edited by SodanTok on July 17, 2017 12:50PM
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »

i think stop asking for nerf and learn to dodge....or run away from it... PLS dont ruin PVE cuz of PVP.....

Please, we're not trying to ruin the destro ult the same like you ruined the English language. We merely want the EotS morph addressed.

We can go two different directions with it:

1) Increase the duration, and reduce the amount of damage it does per tic in order to reduce its burst, but maintain it's overall damage.

2) Make it dodgeable, and block-able.

None of these suggestions will affect PvE.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »

its only eye of the storm specifically overperforming in pvp. if you need your trash mob ulty you still have RAGE morph for that. When it comes to balancing the game, pvp is first simply because pve npcs health can be modified very easily.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options