Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did zenimax possibly buff master angler? 14 master angler runs.

MyNameIsElias
MyNameIsElias
✭✭✭✭✭
So this is going to be an updated version of my first post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3707782#Comment_3707782

I got done fishing a little while before homestead dropped, then with the release of morrowind, and the two additional character slots, i did exactly what everyone else does when a new class comes out....i went fishing.

Once i got master angler on my first warden, i noticed that i was 2k fish under the average amount i usually catch during each run. Then i started on my second warden, and i just barely got under 7k fish caught. When i first heard of furnishings being added to the fishing loot table, i thought it would make master angler an even longer and more painful grind. But then it actually went faster somehow. Please, check out the (bad) graphs i made below here and share your thoughts, do you think zos buffed master angler?

Picture proof: http://imgur.com/a/RCIMC
Video proof 1-12:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_qks6LIn-Y
Video proof 13:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SseJ10i-6rE
Video proof 14:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vqSOK5wCRk

Total number of fish caught by each character
pyJeQJg.png

Average number of fish caught per run: 8189,76

Total number of fish caught, ranked by type
aQEAGuT.png
Total amount of fish caught: 106354. RIP my E key.

Amount of bait used per water type
nD6GXJo.png

Gold spent on each type of bait, calculated with MM prices on PC-EU
PKUlmEP.png
Total amount of gold spent on bait: ~1328937 gold

Amount of perfect roe acquired from each run
ysHmTN9.png
Average roe: 80,25
Here is a timeline showing time between each run, and the difference in champion points gained between runs

bjcDYnC.png

And finally, here is my fish count inside my craft bag
NwNkz0X.png

So what do you think, did Zenimax actually buff master angler with homestead adding more to the loot table, or was it just rng being rng? Would love to hear your thoughts :)

• Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody loves you.
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srsly....are u....?
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh @MyNameIsElias
    Well you came and you gave without taking
    But I sent you away, oh @MyNameIsElias
    And you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
    And I need you today, oh @MyNameIsElias
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...i gave up after wasting 1000 bait to get the last blue fish in glenumbra, the area where i started my master angler run.
    What have i done to anger rngjesus that much?
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now i know who could teach me to become a Master Angler :D
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Oh @MyNameIsElias
    Well you came and you gave without taking
    But I sent you away, oh @MyNameIsElias
    And you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
    And I need you today, oh @MyNameIsElias

Hahaha, i almost spilled my drink reading that :smiley:
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.3 Million on Bait?........

.......ON BAIT!?!?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    1.3 Million on Bait?........

.......ON BAIT!?!?

Honestly, grinding bait is more boring then fishing, and keep in mind it's 1.3 million over the course of a long time :)
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be a student or unemployed
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wowsers, i never knew fishing was so... ermmm complicated :) thats a professional approach you have there (praise be to the god of craft bags 105k fish.. lol).
    Edited by supaskrub on July 13, 2017 10:42PM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Must be a student or unemployed

Student ;)
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With all due respect, you need to get a life...... :o
    I can understand getting master angler on 1 or 2 characters but what you have done is madness :)
    I have been working on the achievement on 1 character only and have found it extremely frustrating - just have Cyrodiil to go.

My only thought on any change is that maybe the furnishing items you get while fishing actually come from the fish portion of what you catch instead of the trophy fish portion - which is what we were afraid would happen.

Say on average you got a trophy fish 1 in 30 casts, with the rest being regular fish. Now you might still get 1 in 30 casts, but instead of 29 fish, 1 of the remainder is a housing item. So in 30 casts you get 1 trophy fish, 1 housing item and only 28 regular fish. I don't suppose you tracked how many furnishing items you got to see if it makes up the difference?

I must say that I respect your dedication to fishing, good job.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What amazes me out of all of that is you spent even more time to chart and graph all of your work in a professional looking manner better than any other guide ever made for this game.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    supaskrub wrote: »
    Wowsers, i never knew fishing was so... ermmm complicated :) thats a professional approach you have there.

Hehe, fishing is simple, if you have bait you can fish ;) I just wanted to save all the data i could be bothered to save and then present it here, i find reading stats like this fairly interesting!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to my calculations .

9452d9c413576262ec361ffb0ea6823c--info-graphics-data-visualization.jpg

Yes .
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    God, Elias. You won't stop amazing me. I proudly talk to my friends about you lol. "My friend Elias, yes, that guy who has master angler on 14 chars, ...". You're crazy xD Good job man hahaha. Why, and how xD I bore myself to death everytime I go fishing.
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously I think ZOS should take a look at this and award you some kind of custom title for dedication beyond the call of duty.. (even if its only a forum title) I'm flabbergasted.. in a good way I may add..
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    What amazes me out of all of that is you spent even more time to chart and graph all of your work in a professional looking manner better than any other guide ever made for this game.

Thank you. I spent around 9 hours making the graphs on a website, then editing them in paint to suit my needs, i never got truly satisfied with it, but i'm glad they turned out ok :)
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would you mind graphing the entire rest of the game for us?
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You sir (or Madam), need professional help.

If I fish more than 15 minutes I want to eat a bullet.

Edited by Bouldercleave on July 13, 2017 11:07PM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    Would you mind graphing the entire rest of the game for us?

Why not x)
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bro next time just ask for bait. Seriously I've got *** tons of it. On the house.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro next time just ask for bait. Seriously I've got *** tons of it. On the house.

Haha, sure thing!
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoah you REALLY like your fishing bro.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    With all due respect, you need to get a life...... :o
    I can understand getting master angler on 1 or 2 characters but what you have done is madness :)
    I have been working on the achievement on 1 character only and have found it extremely frustrating - just have Cyrodiil to go.

My only thought on any change is that maybe the furnishing items you get while fishing actually come from the fish portion of what you catch instead of the trophy fish portion - which is what we were afraid would happen.

Say on average you got a trophy fish 1 in 30 casts, with the rest being regular fish. Now you might still get 1 in 30 casts, but instead of 29 fish, 1 of the remainder is a housing item. So in 30 casts you get 1 trophy fish, 1 housing item and only 28 regular fish. I don't suppose you tracked how many furnishing items you got to see if it makes up the difference?

I must say that I respect your dedication to fishing, good job.

When you are in cyrodiil, you can sneak while fishing! Go into sneak, and cast the rod before you are stealthed.
    I didn't keep track of exactly the amount of furnishings caught, but it's around 8-12 per zone, mostly "small fish" and stuff like that etc. I did loot 4 gold items while fishing on my wardens, so it's a pretty rare drop ap0a6OH.jpg

When they release more character slots, i'll go again and keep track of all data, including furnishings :)
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on July 13, 2017 11:43PM
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope you have a fleet of 14 boats at one of your houses...lol

I started my MA run last April and took a break for almost a year, finishing up the last few zones a couple of months ago. I didn't track any numbers, but it did really seem it didn't take as long to get the fish I needed to finish up, vs when I first started fishing before Homestead. Could just be RNG, though...
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cynnalia wrote: »
    I really hope you have a fleet of 14 boats at one of your houses...lol

I started my MA run last April and took a break for almost a year, finishing up the last few zones a couple of months ago. I didn't track any numbers, but it did really seem it didn't take as long to get the fish I needed to finish up, vs when I first started fishing before Homestead. Could just be RNG, though...

I'm really glad to hear people have experienced this too. I broke my record of zones cleared in a day when i fished on my 1st warden, i completed 3 zones in 1 day :open_mouth:
  • Tezlakipuka
    Tezlakipuka
    ✭✭✭
    You really have too much time :o@MyNameIsElias
    According to my calculations .

9452d9c413576262ec361ffb0ea6823c--info-graphics-data-visualization.jpg

Yes .

Pretty sure you made an mistake in line _32_ there
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In another news there are no more fish in the world. Ocean, lake, pond, etc are completely deprived and it has created a chain reaction of slow global death. Most shockingly, it was just one student that did this, with.. with a fishing pole.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so well...seriously. i also have the feeling they increased the droprate. i remember how hard my master angler was, how long i have been fishing for some of them, morrowind was very very fast compared to some zones back then.... actually fishing in morrowind was very disappointing in that case.
    Edited by Urkraft on July 14, 2017 12:03AM