Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming nerf to Amaya Lake Lodge?

Marabornwingrion
Marabornwingrion
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So today I updated my PTS, went to Amaya Lake Lodge and noticed that one thing disappeared:

wiJxPn1.jpg

This "place for plants" between stairs is no longer there (but it was with Morrowind closed beta). Here is screenshot from Live server, taken today in my home:

YTl1Jl0.jpg

As you can see, it is there on Live server - tree and other stuff is MINE cause I own this house.

Is this another nerf similar to Earthtear Cavern and other homes? I hope it won't go to Live server like this, cause I payed hard earned money for this house! @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: uploaded better photos
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you took your screen shots during daylight we'd be better able to see what you're talking about.

Looks like all they did is fill the space with something -- maybe a tree?

I own the house too, so I'm an interested party... but I can't tell at all what's filling the space in your pictures... or even exactly where on the grounds the pictures were taken....
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not that difficult to see. They removed the planter box between the stairs. It looks pretty lame tbh, report it as a bug/feedback and they should revert it, seems a bit dumb for them to take it out.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you took your screen shots during daylight we'd be better able to see what you're talking about.

Looks like all they did is fill the space with something -- maybe a tree?

I own the house too, so I'm an interested party... but I can't tell at all what's filling the space in your pictures... or even exactly where on the grounds the pictures were taken....

Sorry I took them 5 minutes ago and on both servers is night at the moment but they look good on my screen. I'll upload better ones later.
    Fill? With a tree? Second screenshot in from my home on live server, First screenshot shows removed item.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well boo...

Guess at least if it goes live I don't need to think of a good plant to place there.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they replaced it with a tree? Is it not possible to remove that tree?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's reverted, I want more planters for my houses not less!. <-likes to garden
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 12, 2017 4:47PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Looks like they replaced it with a tree? Is it not possible to remove that tree?

Tree is mine cause second screenshot is from Live server where I own this house and decorated it.
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Well boo...

Guess at least if it goes live I don't need to think of a good plant to place there.

Nah guys, OP is saying the tree is present currently on the live server and has been removed on the PTS.

I don't really agree with calling some minor landscaping a "nerf" but whatever I guess?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I bought this house and would be sad if it made it to live. Also please add the planters as a furnishing as well just like the well of amaya lake lounge and the stone paths in aid velothi as furnishings
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh my lord, for real?

Forget the tree please, it is irrelevant to what the OP has shown.

There is a planter currently between the stairs in Amaya, on the PTS the planter is gone.

Definitely not a good change, please make sure to report it as a bug!
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Were you guys exploiting to get through invisible walls again?
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't one of you recently make a thread asking for a fix to some glitched space at that house? Perhaps this is part of the change they made to address your issue. At least they didn't put a boulder in there and call it good.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    oh my lord, for real?

Forget the tree please, it is irrelevant to what the OP has shown.

There is a planter currently between the stairs in Amaya, on the PTS the planter is gone.

Definitely not a good change, please make sure to report it as a bug!

Also needs to become its own furnishing
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Didn't one of you recently make a thread asking for a fix to some glitched space at that house? Perhaps this is part of the change they made to address your issue. At least they didn't put a boulder in there and call it good.

Yes I wanted fix for broken wall and they fixed it. But I didn't ask for removing planter from my home that I paid for!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    So today I updated my PTS, went to Amaya Lake Lodge and noticed that one thing disappeared:

wiJxPn1.jpg

This "place for plants" between stairs is no longer there (but it was with Morrowind closed beta). Here is screenshot from Live server, taken today in my home:

YTl1Jl0.jpg

As you can see, it is there on Live server - tree and other stuff is MINE cause I own this house.

Is this another nerf similar to Earthtear Cavern and other homes? I hope it won't go to Live server like this, cause I payed hard earned money for this house! @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: uploaded better photos

report it at least 5 times, write at least 20 forum treads and maybe after two weeks of silence, ZOS finally replies, sorry guys, it was unintended, we will try to fix it in update 16....
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I see, the planter has gone missing. Is there a planter furnishing available now instead? Having the planter as a furnishing rather than a fixture allows for more customisation, say for example if someone wanted to put something other than a tree in that space - like a statue - without taking away the ability to have a tree there which would still be doable if there is a planter furnishing.

Edited by Enodoc on July 12, 2017 5:17PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not really sure what you're trying to say with this because i don't see anything new (i own that house as well).

I do see there's some sort planter furnishing around the tree if that is what you're talking about. If that's the case i don't see that as a bad thing. It looks quite good.
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I see, the planter has gone missing. Is there a planter furnishing available now instead? Having the planter as a furnishing rather than a fixture allows for more customisation, say for example if someone wanted to put something other than a tree in that space - like a statue - without taking away the ability to have a tree there which would still be doable if there is a planter furnishing.

These planters on Live servers are not craftable, can't be also bought in Crown Sore and can't be picked up. On PTS I don't know, but I'm not gonna pay crowns just to replace my missing planter that they decided to remove with no reason.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    These planters on Live servers are not craftable, can't be also bought in Crown Sore and can't be picked up. On PTS I don't know, but I'm not gonna pay crowns just to replace my missing planter that they decided to remove with no reason.
    Oh no, of course not. I was going to suggest that if such a planter furnishing now exists, that it be automatically added in the same place that the fixture used to be, as one of the furnishings you get for free with an Unfurnished house.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who buys houses with crowns have had ample warning that ZoS can and will just change features. I wouldn't touch another house with crowns again. Learnt my lesson last time.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh dear God no, whatever will we do :|
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, you guys catch on to everything.
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're removing that thing?

Personally I'm okay with that since I had no idea what to do with it ( I just stuck a brazier in there ... ) and thought it looked out of place.

But I can see why you'd be upset if they removed it. Compromise? Make it a movable object for the peeps who like it and those who don't can just remove it.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks horrible and is bad design with the planter gone
    This can't be intentional?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • jevans1342nub18_ESO
    Live Server:

jtJnBC2.png

PTS:

uP5l9My.jpg

My flowers are still there, hanging in space. The planting box is completely gone on the PTS. This better be a mistake, and not some grab to sell us planters at 400 Crowns a pop (or more). It seems like another Earthtear Cavern situation. I reported it.
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that better be a bug! It is one of my favorite things about the house. Why are they taking things away from houses that some people like me spent real money on to buy or a lot of gold! I also used crowns to fill that little box with flowers. :-(
    Live Server:

jtJnBC2.png

PTS:

uP5l9My.jpg

My flowers are still there, hanging in space. The planting box is completely gone on the PTS. This better be a mistake, and not some grab to sell us planters at 400 Crowns a pop (or more). It seems like another Earthtear Cavern situation. I reported it.
    If this isn't a bug I bet this is exactly why they did it.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do houses get touched at all after the fact? This is ridiculous.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »
    Damn, you guys catch on to everything.

Yoou know, this planter is one of the coolest things in this house and I already put tree and flowers so I would like to keep the item that I paid for.
  • billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see several things missing from the PTS version: the planter, mushrooms at the sides, planter boxes on both sides with plants in them.

If they do indeed remove these from live, and then re-introduce "decorator packs" in the Crown Store, I will probably just quit the game.
  • Sedrethi
    Sedrethi
    ✭✭✭
    So, uh, any word on this ZOS? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_RichLambert

Or is this going to be another Earthtear Cavern debacle:
    • ZOS Week 1-3: lol uh we dunno
    • ZOS Week 4: lol working as intended exiting map in house op sry not sry xDDD

Still waiting on an official update concerning these, too:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/347900/regarding-morrowind-motifs-furnishing-and-recipes-bugs-included
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/348724/safebox-furnishing-loot-unable-to-launder-fence

Weeks after release and haven't obtained any of the Morrowind-themed paintings that I was going to put into my Amaya Lake Lodge that is apparently being modified after the fact with this upcoming PTS.
    @Sedrethi PC/Mac-NA
    My User Profile on the UESP
    Officer to the official UESP (PC/Mac-NA) Guild

Champions (Forever* above the Cap):
    Celebrated:
    Ravyn Sedrethi — Dunmer♂ Nightblade (Vampire)
    Ravyn of the Coiled Path — Dunmer♂ Warden
    Ravyn the Ravenous — Dunmer♂ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Aranea Varys — Dunmer♀ Dragonknight (Vampire)
    Aranea the Fleshweaver — Dunmer♀ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Norrawen Anutwyll — Bosmer♀ Nightblade (Werewolf)
    Norrawen the Racer's Eye — Bosmer♀ Warden
    Wucheeva-Ei — Saxhleel♀ Nightblade
    Shura gro-Ushar — Orc♂ Dragonknight
    Hrist Cloud-Hewer — Skaal♀ Sorcerer (Werewolf)
    Umbarion — Altmer♂ Templar (Vampire)
    Hulaava-Jei — Saxhleel♂ Sorcerer (Vampire)
    Viatrix Auria — Colovian♀ Templar
    Heroes (Level 1-49):
    Unsung:
    Taeil-Jujak Lupinus — Rim-Men♂ Necromancer
    Geiraldur of Riverwood — Nord♂ Warden
    Ma'zin-dar — Khajiit♂ Templar
    Azani at-Zahir — Redguard♂ Dragonknight
    Padraic Seathanach — Reachman♂ Sorcerer