The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Regarding Morrowind motifs, furnishing and recipes. Bugs included.

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This post is part bug report, but also part feedback, hence why I placed it in this forum instead of the bugreport forum.

I have now spent quite a few days since release doing all the content in the PvE Vvardenfell zone, and there are a few things that strike me as strange, regarding motif, recipe and furnishing drops.

The Buoyant Armiger motif is supposed to drop from overland chests according to patch notes. Yet I have opened a plethora of chests, even some advanced/master/intermediate ones and haven't gotten a single motif page. However, I got one from a random chest in the Halls of Fabrication trial. The onlyl other person I know to have gotten a motif page also got his from a trial chest. This seems like a clear oversight, the motif should drop from zone chests, not from the trial. Actually, it shouldn't drop from the trial at all, seeing as the trial has its own motif that will most likely be available separately later on, just like the dromathra motif. So it seems the Armiger motifs were tied to the wrong type of chests.

Patch notes say that picking up flowers in the zone has a chance for "unique foliage" furnishings as well. Well I don't know, but I've picked up everything I see in the overland zone, gotten more than 2k+ of each ruby mat and hundreds of alchemy mats, and the only furnishing piece I saw was a piece of yellowed grass. Can we get a more detailed patch note of what actually drops in this zone, cause the RNG seems way off. If I cannot get more than 1 piece of withered grass for 5 days of nonstop farming, then the droprate is way too low. And also, I was hoping for the pitcher plants and sundew plants, not dry grass ..

Another bug note, the new paintings can only be stolen from safeboxes, but after they have been stolen they can't even be laundered at the fence, hence they can't be used or sold or anything. Fix.

Back to the feedback, even after having gone through every container I could find in the game over these last 5 days, looting them all, even killing several citizens and pickpocketing them, I found a grand total of 0 purple and blue recipes for Vvardenfell, and perhaps 2 or 3 green ones. I found plenty of other greens and a 2-3 blues, but they were all from the mainland vanilla furnishings. If all I can get from 5 days of non stop looting and container searching is 2-3 green recipes, then the RNG is way too punishing. Already the few people who have gotten the purple ones are selling them for 100k+. For the dwemer and daedric recipes it's alright, since these drop all over the world, from every dwemer container and even from the mob kills, and daedric too and from the anchors. But for the Vvardenfell recipes this is a disaster. One would have to do nothing but loot and kill for hours on end to have even a measly chance to get one of the purple recipes from Vvardenfell, and those of us who don't have access to nightblade cloak will then have to pay millions and millions to even have access to these recipes for our houses. This isn't fun, this isn't rewarding anyone but those who already are swimming in gold. The RNG need to be improved for these recipes, or you may as well not have them in the game at all. Already the Redguard recipes are costing millions and millions for anyone who want to try and buy them in the market, and that was before you raised the cost of the recipes by 2.5 ...

At the very least the new Vvardenfell recipes need to be added to the voucher master merchant. You could even make a new loot box with loottables only from Vvardenfell, to get more of these out in the market. And Vvardenfell should only drop Vvardenfell furnishing recipes, not those common orc and wood elf recipes we're already swimming in as it is. And while we're talking vouchers, you still need to increase the amount of high voucher writs that drop, especially to master crafters with all traits and motifs and recipes learned. It sucks to have implemented a system like this where RNG again counts for more than skill in terms of dropchance for the writs. Every day master crafters with everything learned are stuck with measly 2 voucher writs, while those with 10 crafting mules that have almost nothing learned are pulling the 200-300 voucher recipes home.

At this rate, as a master crafter who spends lots of time in this game, I'd have enough furnishing recipes for my house in like 2-3 years from now. Maybe. It's a good thing I bought none of the large, fancy houses then, I was going to buy some with Crowns eventually, but seeing as I'll have no feasible way to refurnish them to my liking, why bother.

[Edited for spelling errors]
Edited by Carbonised on May 28, 2017 8:33PM
  • UserarmKevin
    UserarmKevin
    Soul Shriven
    Carbonised wrote: »
    The Buoyant Armiger motif is supposed to drop from overland chests according to patch notes. Yet I have opened a plethora of chests, even some advanced/master/intermediate ones and haven't gotten a single motif page. However, I got one from a random chest in the Halls of Fabrication trial. The onyl other person I know to have gotten a motif page also got his from a trial chest. This seems like a clear oversight, the motif should drop from zone chests, not from the trial. Actually, it shouldn't drop from the trial at all, seeing as the trial has its own motif that will most likely be available separately later on, just like the dromathra motif. So it seems the Armiger motifs were tied to the wrong type of chests.

This so much, i have opened well over a hundred chests so far, just today i have had 4 Master, 5 or so Advanced and a fairly decent amount of Intermediate and i've never had a single motif so far.
    I have pretty much all achievements completed in the Morrowind journal section bar the HoF which i have yet to venture into and the completion of the Ashlander/Morag Tong motifs yet that does not seem to help as they implied in the patch notes, unless i have simply been very unlucky.

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    The Buoyant Armiger motif is supposed to drop from overland chests according to patch notes. Yet I have opened a plethora of chests, even some advanced/master/intermediate ones and haven't gotten a single motif page. However, I got one from a random chest in the Halls of Fabrication trial. The onyl other person I know to have gotten a motif page also got his from a trial chest. This seems like a clear oversight, the motif should drop from zone chests, not from the trial. Actually, it shouldn't drop from the trial at all, seeing as the trial has its own motif that will most likely be available separately later on, just like the dromathra motif. So it seems the Armiger motifs were tied to the wrong type of chests.

This so much, i have opened well over a hundred chests so far, just today i have had 4 Master, 5 or so Advanced and a fairly decent amount of Intermediate and i've never had a single motif so far.
    I have pretty much all achievements completed in the Morrowind journal section bar the HoF which i have yet to venture into and the completion of the Ashlander/Morag Tong motifs yet that does not seem to help as they implied in the patch notes, unless i have simply been very unlucky.

Seeing as more and more people confirm this trend, I think it's safe to assume that they botched up the loottables for Vvardenfell and the HoF trial, seeing as they drop from the trial chests and not overland chests. Thanks for confirming this.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loot or lack there of in open world Morrowind has been dreadful. Worst out of any zone in ESO to date.

Overland chests, troves, and containers/lootables are dropping little to nothing. Can only hope this is a bug or something and will get fixed.
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, the place is scarce
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with all of the above
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree; I've been farming almost non-stop as well, and I haven't seen a single Buoyant Armiger motif out of all the master chests I've opened. Motif and recipe drop rates feel far too low, especially for an expansion this huge. I understand needing to farm and work a little bit, but the RNG system is too unrewarding right now to make farming feel worth it. Don't even get me started on the master writ drop rate; as somebody who invested the months and months to learn every trait and every motif available in the game, the master writ drop rate and system is a huge slap in the face. There are so many better ways these RNG systems could be implemented, but it feels like ZoS is taking the lazy way out of everything at the moment.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I have not beenfarming, I tend to pick up nodes and chests while I quest. I have not seen one single motif or special drop (other than 2 Dres green furniture recipes from normal containers).

Those drop chances are way too low...
    PC-EU
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6-7 vanilla greens (possibly more, I cannot remember for sure), 2 vanilla blues and 2 vvardenfell greens for me and a stack and a half of lockpicks (this is from both stealing AND looting variety of containers, urns mostly but also furniture and backpacks - fastidiously). the drop rate is awful and lets be honest here? hlaalu documents need to be dropped back down to 10, with blues being set at 5 vouchers, NOT their current price.

they either need to add vvardenfell recipes to the rest of the world or make them the ONLY recipes that drop in vvardenfell
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, zero buoyant pages. Not worth to continue. Furniture plan drops make no sense in Wardenfell. I got every plan in Homestead but now i have not purchased any plans nor documents from Rolis in Morrowind. I have looted two new greens i think. Only Aldruhn and Vivec dailies seem to work reliably.

This kind of nonsense in drops and droprates just makes me skip that content. ZOS turned the grinds to the max and that made me to show middle finger to them. Now i only pick the content that actually works. I run the Wardenfell dailies, grab 200 vouchers with my writmule army and then take slowly the next quest, and i even listen the bloody dialogue.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Asmon
    Asmon
    ✭✭✭
    Was going to create a seperate post, however this post seems fitting. I did the other thing created a Warden and went back to Khen Roost and leveled my toon the normal way via storyline and quests, I have seen a lot furnishing green recipes, no more then 10 blue recipes, and a lonely one purple recipe. And as you say, I loot every backpack and urn I see. The RNG is shocking in this game. as of this post I am 49 level almost 50. It is not just furnishing recipes that lack dropping it's purple items in general.
    Alderi Dominion [Nocturnal]
    Asmon - Argonian - Warden
    Yautja - Argonian - Dragonknight
    Zhakiis - Argonian - Nightblade
    Asinar - Argonian - Templar
    Tlixija - Argonian - Sorcerer
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Could we get a fix for the 2 obvious bugs - not being able to launder paintings stolen, and Armiger motifs dropping from HoF instead of overland Vvardenfell?

And also please take into consideration the other issues brought up here, the extreme low droprate of everything relating to furnishing and furnishing recipes, as well as the unsatisfying reliance on RNG in terms of master writ droppings.

It's so surreal, you make competitions to show off the most fancy and awesome houses, yet almost noone has access to make such a house considering that only buying a couple of purple recipes will ruin you completely. I thought housing was supposed to be fun for everyone, not only fun for those who exploit scarcity to get extremely rich. Housing is a cosmetic thing only, it shouldn't be locked off behind such severe economic requirements, really.
  • UserarmKevin
    UserarmKevin
    Soul Shriven
    Another 30 or so chests today which includes, 4 Master + 5 Advanced in those and still no motifs for me.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked through no less than 12 lockboxes, including several advanced and intermediate. Grand total of 0 furnishing recipes and 0 paintings. Utterly rediculous.
  • Sedrethi
    Sedrethi
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've been experiencing similar issues all week long.

Of all the chests I've come across, I've only gotten one Buoyant Armiger chapter (Shields) and zero of the new Vvardenfell paintings. I've not even seen any of the latter for sale by other players. In fact, in my quest for the new paintings, I've gotten only a couple of the base Homestead ones, instead.

Likewise, the new furnishing recipes also seem to be relatively rare. I often get the base Homestead ones (generic racial styles), with only a few Hlaalu (one Purple), Dres, Ashlander, and Daedric ones here and there. The drop rates seem exceptionally low.

Is this working as intended?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by Sedrethi on May 30, 2017 6:46PM
    @Sedrethi PC/Mac-NA
    My User Profile on the UESP
    Officer to the official UESP (PC/Mac-NA) Guild

Champions (Forever* above the Cap):
    Celebrated:
    Ravyn Sedrethi — Dunmer♂ Nightblade (Vampire)
    Ravyn of the Coiled Path — Dunmer♂ Warden
    Ravyn the Ravenous — Dunmer♂ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Aranea Varys — Dunmer♀ Dragonknight (Vampire)
    Aranea the Fleshweaver — Dunmer♀ Necromancer (Vampire)
    Norrawen Anutwyll — Bosmer♀ Nightblade (Werewolf)
    Norrawen the Racer's Eye — Bosmer♀ Warden
    Wucheeva-Ei — Saxhleel♀ Nightblade
    Shura gro-Ushar — Orc♂ Dragonknight
    Hrist Cloud-Hewer — Skaal♀ Sorcerer (Werewolf)
    Umbarion — Altmer♂ Templar (Vampire)
    Hulaava-Jei — Saxhleel♂ Sorcerer (Vampire)
    Viatrix Auria — Colovian♀ Templar
    Heroes (Level 1-49):
    Unsung:
    Taeil-Jujak Lupinus — Rim-Men♂ Necromancer
    Geiraldur of Riverwood — Nord♂ Warden
    Ma'zin-dar — Khajiit♂ Templar
    Azani at-Zahir — Redguard♂ Dragonknight
    Padraic Seathanach — Reachman♂ Sorcerer
  • stankarp
    stankarp
    ✭✭
    Totally agree with all the complaints about drop rates, nearly finished my 4th character in VVard and not 1 buoyant, well over 300 chests, my current toon has finished main quest, changed cp to TH perk and still nothing. Drops are rubbish, and to think I paid extra for this.

The quests are mostly long and tedious, and houses, towns and even the landscapes are mostly mazes, I am totally over mazes after Morrowind, go upstairs to enter to go downstairs FFS
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's such a beautiful zone and yet I find I don't play it because of all of this. It's just too frustrating.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!