The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Safebox Furnishing Loot Unable to Launder/Fence

Omega_Cumulonimbus
I have gone thru all the appropriate channels to try and make this issue be known, submitting in game bug reports and emails but looks like their is to be no attention applied to this issue.

The issue being several of the new furnishing lootable items are broken i.e. cannot launder, nor fence the item in order to place or sell which is proving to be very frustrating given the drop rate of said items and the fact that I rather enjoy the housing feature in game. The two items now that have been found to be bugged (by me personally) are Velothi Tapestry, Gyser and Velothi Tapestry, Volcano. I have also heard of other items from safeboxes experiencing the same issue. Would hope some attention could be applied to these furnishing items as I know Im not alone when i say finding rare furnishings is a big part of my game play experience and having such great items bugged is frustrating to say the least-not to mention if I were the one who created these fine items I would be just as frustrated they are broken.

ikh4a3l1wafl.png
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was the best of luck and the worst of luck...

ZoS please fix this asap, very dangerous to run around with awesome items you want to fence!
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here, in my case it's a Velothi painting I cannot fence. I dont remember in what container I looted it.
    I have it in my bag almost since day one of Morrowind... I would hate loosing it if I get caught by a guard somewhere... :(
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same I have 2 looted paintings from Morrowind that i cannot fence....
    Any second now I am going to accidentally steal an apple from a crate while handing in my writs, stumble into a guard, PANIC, run through town gathering more guards, get stun locked by a dozen angry guards, DIE, and lose my paintings....
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    Same I have 2 looted paintings from Morrowind that i cannot fence....
    Any second now I am going to accidentally steal an apple from a crate while handing in my writs, stumble into a guard, PANIC, run through town gathering more guards, get stun locked by a dozen angry guards, DIE, and lose my paintings....

Have a question that can be posed in two different ways:

Why is that purple tapestry only worth 100GP, when purple paintings used to be 395GP in value?
    -or-
    Why is that 100GP painting flagged as 'purple' when it should be 'green' like all the other 100GP trinkets.

All the important issues. figjam.

I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far the items that cannot be laundered are:

Velothi Tapestry, Geyser
    Velothi Tapestry, Volcano
    Velothi Painting, Classic Waterfall
    Velothi Painting, Classic Volcano
    Velothi Painting, Modest Geyser
    Edited by Mix on June 6, 2017 7:48PM
  • Omega_Cumulonimbus
    Add new painting from safebox to the list-come on zos-running out of time to fix this before full access of Morrowind...
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    So far the items that cannot be laundered are:

Velothi Tapestry, Geyser
    Velothi Tapestry, Volcano
    Velothi Painting, Classic Waterfall

Add Velothi Painting, Classic Volcano

All items are Velothi's... weird.
    Edited by kwisatz on June 5, 2017 10:53PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see a fix for these in the patch notes today:(
  • Omega_Cumulonimbus
    Add Velothi painting, gyser - Some attention I believe should be applied to this issue prior to it becoming a big issue for many.

p5acbe13jnxg.png

Edited by Omega_Cumulonimbus on June 6, 2017 4:49AM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are so pretty! Shame to have to leave them in our bags instead of hanging them in our homes!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Could we get confirmation that this issue is being addressed? Now that Morrowind is officially launched players on all platforms may experience this bug. It needs fixing asap!
  • Omega_Cumulonimbus
    Thank you for tagging Gina and Jessica. I know they are terrifically busy but maybe this has passed their eyes and hopefully some corrections will be forthcoming.

I am curious though-are others experiencing these issues with the items? The drop rate is ridiculously low but would be interested to see if the bug is attached to the item or to the account...
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stole my very own Velothi Painting, Modest Geyser today! It says "That item may not be laundered at a fence." when I attempt to launder it.

Tried different fences and there was no difference - still could not be laundered.

Addons enabled or disabled made no difference.

PC-NA if that matters...
    Edited by Mix on June 11, 2017 10:33PM
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing in today's patch notes! :(
  • Faythsrequiem
    Faythsrequiem
    ✭✭
    Having same issue =( Looted Velothi waterfall painting from a safebox and now can't do anything with it since it's stolen and I can't launder it. I believe this bug is across the board - PC, Xbox and PlayStation (screenshots here show PC, and I've personally encountered it on Xbox, assuming it's also on Playstaion). I've contacted support, which so far has resulted in me explaining the issue twice because apparently they thought I didn't know how stolen items/fences work and not that it's broken o.O Here's to hoping that this can get fixed eventually
    "Anything worth having is worth working for. Anything worth working for is worth sacrificing for. Anything worth sacrificing for is worth dying for."
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kwisatz wrote: »
    Nothing in today's patch notes! :(

No rush, can't fit anything more in my house anyway.

Sort of lost interest in housing anyway. Half way through completing it & bam no space....
  • Omega_Cumulonimbus
    Skipped over by another patch. Surely this has been impacting more people than those who have posted in this thread. Unfortunately this along with the abysmal drop rate of new furnishing recipes has caused me to lose interest in housing as well-which is a major investment by game developers as well as a major aspect of ESO...very unfortunate indeed...
  • Shamisa_En
    Shamisa_En
    ✭✭✭
    I made a thread of this same issue a few weeks ago. Got a new Velothi Painting, Classic Wardenfall that cannot be laundered.

Why isn't this being fixed?... The entire tier of loot is rendered useless.
    The devil's in the details.
  • magicsprout
    magicsprout
    ✭✭✭
    There are still items from homestead mushroom firnishings looted from alchemists with the same issue. They are aware of the issue but do nothing
  • FinchRevolution
    FinchRevolution
    Soul Shriven
    PyxKIwL.jpg

I've run into the same issue. Please fix it! I don't want to lose my painting after all those hours of trying to get one.
  • Shamisa_En
    Shamisa_En
    ✭✭✭
    SO, the paintings are STILL broken. Really nice.
    The devil's in the details.
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump (now it's 2 useless paintings I'm carrying in my bag)
    Edited by kwisatz on July 4, 2017 12:25PM
  • Lady Raven 7
    Lady Raven 7
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem and I put in a ticket as well. I hope they fix it.

m33itkaomsr6.jpg
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you place the items in a house, they can't be taken from you if your caught by a guard.

That is one way to make sure they are kept until you can launder them like you want to.

NVM, stupid game mechanic that requires you to launder them before you can use them
    Edited by Nestor on July 19, 2017 7:25PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lady Raven 7
    Lady Raven 7
    Soul Shriven
    You can't place the item in your house if it's stolen. It states you have to launder it first before you can place it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't place the item in your house if it's stolen. It states you have to launder it first before you can place it.

@Lady Raven 7

Seriously? Dumbest thing I have ever heard. How do you RP an Art Thief?

Edited by Nestor on July 19, 2017 7:25PM

• Lady Raven 7
    Lady Raven 7
    Soul Shriven
    I Don't understand what your saying, you can talk to me without being so rude. I have had this item in my inventory for months and can't do anything with it because I can't launder it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Don't understand what your saying, you can talk to me without being so rude. I have had this item in my inventory for months and can't do anything with it because I can't launder it.

I was not refering to you and what you stated. I was refering to ZOS not allowing the stolen stuff to be used in a house. That is the idea which is dumb.

Sorry if I unintentionally offended you. Besides, you did not state an idea, you corrected me on how the game works. I had thought I had put a stolen item in my house before, but maybe I had not.
    Edited by Nestor on July 19, 2017 7:32PM

• Lady Raven 7
    Lady Raven 7
    Soul Shriven
    Oh ok, sorry I didn't understand where it was the comment directed to. Thank you.
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    And a month later...
    • Add Velothi Painting, Modest Waterfall to the list

:/
  • Omega_Cumulonimbus
    According to a friend who is currently on the PTS and was experiencing the same issue with un-launderable items stated these items will be fixed come August and the new DLC. So keep your fingers crossed and hope it remains so once it hits!