Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One CP campaign is ripping my guild apart

• Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These guys play for faction and want another reason to fight thats not endlessly fragging people for no reason.

Thanks @AbraXuSeXile .

We were talking about this last night and about how Cyrodiil has got ignored for the last year or more. The last major change we got were the spawnable towns. Great.

What has become apparent from all this is how much our members are Pact loyal. They love it. They don't want to be cross-faction.

And for all those of you who think it's a crap rule, I may be the leader but it's my member's guild and if they want the rule to stay. Then stay it will.
    Edited by Nermy on June 15, 2017 7:42AM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    While it's nice to see a sense of loyalty in rvr situations,this game has gone past that,so all I can say is you can take some positives for having such decent players as officers to start with,and yes friends,but the game rolls on and it IS JUST GAME,it sounds trite and overused,
    but the reality doesn't change. factions are just a bunch of similar people competing,stay in touch and enjoy the battles
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rahotu wrote: »
    While it's nice to see a sense of loyalty in rvr situations,this game has gone past that,so all I can say is you can take some positives for having such decent players as officers to start with,and yes friends,but the game rolls on and it IS JUST GAME,it sounds trite and overused,
    but the reality doesn't change. factions are just a bunch of similar people competing,stay in touch and enjoy the battles

Oh, I know it's just a game and all the loot is just pixels at the end of the day but people need something to band together with a shared belief. If it's the Pact and killing DC and AD, so be it. It gives that added extra fun to fighting in Cyro.

@Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    These guys play for faction and want another reason to fight thats not endlessly fragging people for no reason.
    And for all those of you who think it's a crap rule, I may be the leader but it's my member's guild and if they want the rule to stay. Then stay it will.
    You won't earn the title of Egotistical Totalitarian *** Leader with that kind of attitude! Rule with an iron fist Nermy!

I think I stopped bringing anything productive to this thread after page 1.
    I leant this long ago in EVE Online, and it's why when I've ever spoken to Abraxus here (NOTICE ME SENPAI!) I've done so with respect because he's just another gamer no matter how heated and frustrating some of our fights were.
    Sometimes guilds have rules which mean you won't be the right fit for that guild, however that doesn't mean you can't be friends or respectful to the people in it.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @AbraXuSeXile .

We were talking about this last night and about how Cyrodiil has got ignored for the last year or more. The last major change we got were the spawnable towns. Great.

What has become apparent from all this is how much our members are Pact loyal. They love it. They don't want to be cross-faction.

A few year ago i would be like get rekt, im going soft lol.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    again for me it's like 'just let it play out' if you have certain tactics you think your ex guildmates can play on,change them (assuming they would,and they probly should),but the general rule stays the same just enjoy the fights,is there anything in cyrodiil betond the battle that matters?
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭

Oh, I know it's just a game and all the loot is just pixels at the end of the day but people need something to band together with a shared belief. If it's the Pact and killing DC and AD, so be it. It gives that added extra fun to fighting in Cyro.

I wasn't meaning the pixels and certainly not about the 'killing' I was more about the fact you lost people you clearly liked and possibly respected due to the fact you gave them the (unenviable) job of 'officer',i was just hoping at some stage the conversation could be about actual people not some 'sims xenophobia' construct,it's a game that reflects our basic personalities and sometimes loyalty is more about the way you play,not who you get made to play with

• Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    and yes by 'you' I should have said 'we' my apologies
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't meaning the pixels and certainly not about the 'killing' I was more about the fact you lost people you clearly liked and possibly respected due to the fact you gave them the (unenviable) job of 'officer',i was just hoping at some stage the conversation could be about actual people not some 'sims xenophobia' construct,it's a game that reflects our basic personalities and sometimes loyalty is more about the way you play,not who you get made to play with
    Trying to make a guild which caters to two opposing ideals will end up causing drama, arguments and fragmenting the members into groups or causing people to leave any way. (I should know, because this was literally one of my issues I had to deal with in my term as Wabbajacks leader).

Now having members even officers leave is never a pleasant thing, but again I fall back to my points on page 1.
    If members are leaving because of other friends/guilds/factions they probably were not that dedicated to your guild. That doesn't make them terrible people, enemies or need to be cause for the end of a friendship, it simply means you're interested in different things and need to agree to a parting.

As an example I left Wabbajack well over a year ago now, I'm not interested in rejoining because it doesn't match my interests (I won't dedicate to PvP enough) and I left on some bad terms with some members.
    However I've been nothing but respectful and praising of the guild, I've raided with them from time to time and continued friendships with members I become close friends with.

The way I would do things is very different to how others would and that's fine, there doesn't need to be one guild which does everything everyone wants, that's why we have choices and multiple guilds.
    I don't speak for or have any influence over Wabbajack (and I am very happy with it being that way), my ideas don't even suit the guild but I come here and give my opinions of how I personally see the issues based on my 15 odd years of MMO gaming (damn I am old now).

The main thing is you just play the game and have fun, take a mature understanding that not everyone will think or play like you do (or want) and put that aside to share a cold beer and some fun stories.
    Life is far too short to have to deal with us vs them and drama in video games, we have enough of that in the real world.

Any way I am off topic and waffling at this point so I'll shut up. :sweat_smile:

"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Trying to make a guild which caters to two opposing ideals will end up causing drama, arguments and fragmenting the members into groups or causing people to leave any way. (I should know, because this was literally one of my issues I had to deal with in my term as Wabbajacks leader).

Now having members even officers leave is never a pleasant thing, but again I fall back to my points on page 1.
    If members are leaving because of other friends/guilds/factions they probably were not that dedicated to your guild. That doesn't make them terrible people, enemies or need to be cause for the end of a friendship, it simply means you're interested in different things and need to agree to a parting.

As an example I left Wabbajack well over a year ago now, I'm not interested in rejoining because it doesn't match my interests (I won't dedicate to PvP enough) and I left on some bad terms with some members.
    However I've been nothing but respectful and praising of the guild, I've raided with them from time to time and continued friendships with members I become close friends with.

The way I would do things is very different to how others would and that's fine, there doesn't need to be one guild which does everything everyone wants, that's why we have choices and multiple guilds.
    I don't speak for or have any influence over Wabbajack (and I am very happy with it being that way), my ideas don't even suit the guild but I come here and give my opinions of how I personally see the issues based on my 15 odd years of MMO gaming (damn I am old now).

The main thing is you just play the game and have fun, take a mature understanding that not everyone will think or play like you do (or want) and put that aside to share a cold beer and some fun stories.
    Life is far too short to have to deal with us vs them and drama in video games, we have enough of that in the real world.

Any way I am off topic and waffling at this point so I'll shut up. :sweat_smile:

I just clicked 'agree' for the last sentence.

:p
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just clicked 'agree' for the last sentence.

:p
    Jerk. I'm removing you from my friends list now. :cry:
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerk. I'm removing you from my friends list now. :cry:

You can try but I have yer phone number! Muwhahahahahaa... :D

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Wabbajack is going strong again and we have put this behind us. Everyone who left are still on my friends list, well, almost all. There are no hard feelings and I welcome fighting them anytime. In fact we have 'Wanted' posters for all of them with a reward to 5k gold for the KB.

Wabbajack will continue to be pact loyal as that is what the members want. And so do I.

@Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had our weekly guild meeting last night and apart from 2 members, no-one had played on the 'otherside'. And of those two, 1 did it do he could see what the DC gates looked like and the other so he could have a laugh at a certain AD pug leader on Vivec.

So it's as you were for Wabbajack.

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!

05-ep-ebonheart-pact-flag.png?w=1200

@Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We had our weekly guild meeting last night and apart from 2 members, no-one had played on the 'otherside'. And of those two, 1 did it do he could see what the DC gates looked like and the other so he could have a laugh at a certain AD pug leader on Vivec.

What happened to my no smack/trolling rules? What have you done to my guild!?

Glad to hear things are working out though, way the crazy guild live on always.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What happened to my no smack/trolling rules? What have you done to my guild!?

Glad to hear things are working out though, way the crazy guild live on always.

Hehe... He was only reporting back to us in guild chat the crap he was shouting in /z and followed him around Cyro. Was quite funny.
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Akatosh there are still some guilds out there who praise faction loyalty. The faction-*** grew too big the last weeks. Please keep your one faction policy.
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nermy

You are one of the powers for the Pact on the EU-Vivec server. You get things done. Keep it up!

I can see your problems and I've seen them in guilds in several MMOs. Guilds are people, which are unpredictable and you have as many different views as you have members.

Guilds are the sum of its members and what you all make of it. Sounds to me like you needed to discuss what to do.

Our guild only allows Pact main characters. Which only attracts pact players, so I cant advice here since it's never been a problem for us.

Glad to hear that Wabba keeps fighting for the pact and bleeds red only!
    Not like some pathetic Elves who tries to hide their yellow stink behind "new" pact chars.

See ye on the battlefield!
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »

See ye on the battlefield!

@Cogo Thanks for your kind words. See you on the battlefield mate. RAWR!!!

Blood for the PACT!!

Edited by Nermy on June 27, 2017 2:02PM
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    Its like this everywhere you have complete morons in charge that make stupid decisions about the game that don't even play it.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    Its like this everywhere you have complete morons in charge that make stupid decisions about the game that don't even play it.
    The developers or the guild leaders? :trollface:

• Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    The developers or the guild leaders? :trollface:

You don't want me to answer that... :p
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What has killed campaigns is the "No Faction Loyalty" not the opposite...

Before One Tamriel, if you were pushed to your gates... you had to fight back.
    - now players just change to whichever side is winning.

The biggest lie in the game "When my alliance is winning, I like to switch to the other side for a challenge" , LOL. right. I play in a serious, one alliance only guild, more times than I can count we have fought guys on one color pushed them back and the next thing you know they are on another character standing beside you. It's stupid.

I'm not sure what is the biggest failure with Cyrodil... having only 1 CP campaign, or letting people play multiple alliances in the both campaign. They are both tragedies.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What has killed campaigns is the "No Faction Loyalty" not the opposite...

Before One Tamriel, if you were pushed to your gates... you had to fight back.
    - now players just change to whichever side is winning.

The biggest lie in the game "When my alliance is winning, I like to switch to the other side for a challenge" , LOL. right. I play in a serious, one alliance only guild, more times than I can count we have fought guys on one color pushed them back and the next thing you know they are on another character standing beside you. It's stupid.

I'm not sure what is the biggest failure with Cyrodil... having only 1 CP campaign, or letting people play multiple alliances in the both campaign. They are both tragedies.

I totally agree, that's why having alliance loyalty is so important to our guild. Even though EP are not the best alliance on EU Vivec, we still have our allegiances and while it may sound silly to some, it's important to people like you, me and my guild. You have probably seen the posts littering the forums calling for there to be faction loyalty - i.e. choose your side for the campaign and stick with it. A lot of people are against it but to me they are the casuals and those who always fight for the same faction are the true PvPers.
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• gpreid81
    gpreid81
    ✭✭
    Stick to your guns not many loyal guilds or ppl about these days
  • gpreid81
    gpreid81
    ✭✭
    So wabbajacks crisis might have just been resolved with the new cp campaign seems zos may listen after all
    Edited by gpreid81 on July 5, 2017 3:26PM
  • Balthyzar
    Balthyzar
    ✭✭✭
    Simple solution, stop using cp as a crutch in pvp. Cp is meant for pve. The only mistake zos made was leaving cp in a campaign at all. They should've just removed it from all pvp in one shot. Zos left a cp campaign in to help you wean off it but instead you all flock to it like a bunch of junkies. The entire premise of this thread is unfounded and ridiculous.
    Balthyzar,
    Heir to House Dagoth & last of the Aundae
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balthyzar wrote: »
    Simple solution, stop using cp as a crutch in pvp. Cp is meant for pve. The only mistake zos made was leaving cp in a campaign at all. They should've just removed it from all pvp in one shot. Zos left a cp campaign in to help you wean off it but instead you all flock to it like a bunch of junkies. The entire premise of this thread is unfounded and ridiculous.

In your opinion... ;)
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• gpreid81
    gpreid81
    ✭✭
    Balthyzar wrote: »

Forget wean they shouldn't have implemented it at all if this is the case but they so a lot of us enjoy cp campaign and not pve campaign we flock you cower in non cp because it's to hard don't blame the lag for playing non cp it's everywhere :-o
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    something one of the large guilds I belong to did something which i really appreciated:

they listed a specific night for group guild pvp play in the guild notes...

as someone whom has multiple characters in all three factions (all on the same map) - I really appreciated that information...

easy enough to make sure I'm wearing the right colors on that specific night of the week...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 5, 2017 10:21PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction loyalty lol.