The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

STOP EU SERVER CRASHES!!!!!

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    @Derra
    It's quite convient that none of your suggested changes have any impact on your playstyle, isn't it? I honestly dont see how changing groupsize to ~5 people would improve anything. People would just stop playing because they can't play with their friends in a largescale setting and still get ran over by a 3x 5 man ZS raid. Organisation will always overcome pugging especially with the amount of possibilities you have in this game. If they remove skills like purge and maneuver it will hurt groups ofc but what if we start just sitting in keeps spamming siege and roots on people. Fights will still be endless, nothing will change. Over time there have been so many skills that our raid was supposedly reliant on, yet when those skills got actually nerfed we were still fine, arguably even stronger because we figured out alternatives way before our enemies.

Performance is way better on Sotha Sil than it is on Vivec, so let's remove cp on all campaigns. The server cant handle CP obviously, they are the problem. Or would you disagree - perhaps because it will hurt your preferred playstyle? If so, then what if I told you that our playstyle was better since we dont need CP but yours does, effectively making you responsible for the lag? //not that I'm actually saying so, it's more about delivering a message

Of course there is a point at which you can blame players for causing issues by playing in a way that wasn't intended and the server can't handle (for example I would blame someone who is stacking 3 organised raids for lagging the server). However I honestly think it is extremely questionable that the 12-15 man groups we run is bigger than what the game was designed for, especially considering the history of the game, where for the longest time 24 man or even more was considered the standard for organised raids.
    It's like if you buy a new car: If you try to drive with 300 km/h and something breaks it's your fault for pushing the limits of the car. If something breaks while you drive 120 km/h, it's the fault of the company that built the car.

I can only attribute your lack in imagination on how groupsize affects largescale pvp (mostly for the better) on you never having played any other game than ESO that supported largescale open world pvp.

I´ve personally played four titles that placed a major focus on largescale open world pvp and retrospectively it´s very clear why the titles with somewhat chaotic fights (large scale small groups) were much better than the organised (large scale large group) titles.

Maybe you´ll play CU, maybe they´ll stick to their groupsize of 6 to 10. Maybe you´ll understand what i mean then.

Otherwise you can join me in TS and i´ll explain to you why the groupsize in eso is problematic in relation to the total amount of enemies it allows you to handle.
    It has nothing to do with me wanting something bad for you personally. I want to participate in everythign pvp has to offer. Largegroups deny everyone not running a large group that possibility.
    Smaller groups do/would not be able to achieve that.
    The key for me is possibility of participation (the lag it creates is just a bonus).

The problem with your car analogy is: Yeah you´re maybe going 120mph - but youre towing 4 orther cars while doing so - which you ofc comfortably ignore.
    I´ve said many times: The problem is not your groupsize. It´s the sheer amout of players you can attract (and need to for a desireable AP/H) and not die while farming them over and over creating fight symbols attracting more players in the process.
    The fights last too long. It work in a way that either you kill them shortly after the first engagement or they kill you.

There lies the most important problem on your last argument the fact that death means kinda nothing in this game. Once we kill people they just rez in our face and we can't do much about it and that's mostly why the fights are prolonged unnecesarily. Since it's impossible for us to kill the zombie horde we have to settle for surviving long enough against them. We repeatedly asked zos to add even a small 20-30 sec cd on soul gem rezing after the first rez but to no avail.

And i 100% agree. Rezzing should cost atleast 100 ultimate and be interrupted by every attack (like placing camps/siege).
    Burning camps should not be interrupted by anything.

The problem remaining would be large groups forming an exclusive club where they have no competition outside of other large groups.
    I´d be in favor of making the zombiehorde killable but also breaking the largegroup monarchy on pvp at the same time :tongue:

Edit: In a way that when good groups finally can bring closure to an outnumbered fight they need to reduce the amount of people these groups can handle and win - because as you said: when half of the DC faction is following you and you can kill half of an entire faction that´s not healthy for the game imo.

MLRPZ wrote: »
    @Derra were you here yesterday prime time to witness the scroll fight or even roe fight ? How can those fight be perfectly lag free with no server crash involved and sometimes server just can't handle.
    We literally fought the entire D.C pop with a 14 man group between roe and fare as nothing else was happening on the map D.C side and yet the server was handling just fine

I was - it wouldn´t call it exactly lag free but in general the performance was pretty decent since mondays patch.

I really don't understand why organised guilds should be further nerfed. Nothing was handed to us on a platter. We struggled as a guild to achieve cohesion and balance in order to perform at our maximum capacity unlike the pug horde (which usually is followed by organised and semi organised guilds) which will chase us like your small group to the end of the map like rabid dogs mindlesly spamming skills and rezing even if we kill a lot of them. And honestly even if we get nerfed again somehow, we will persevere and find a way to fight against the odds which is kinda what we ve been doing since the days of banana squad and what we will still be doing for days to come.

As i´ve said in my edit:
    If you were to nerf rezzing (to make the pugtrain killable) you need to weaken the current potential of ballgroups.
    You state yourself that you fought the a large part of the DC faction and i´ve seen it.

You really think it would be good for the game if one group could roflstomp a majority of one whole factions pvp players?

I never specifically said that if they change the rezzing system that we should stay as powerful as we are atm but knowing zos tendency to cater to the casuals I sincerely doubt they will change rezzing in any way. But one thing we all can admit is that the current rezzing system causes mostly the bottleneck and endless fights which are in turn causing lags.

Now the rollbacks are a different story and I am pretty sure it has something to do with the code on cp campaign since they started a little before homestead and i ve never witness something similar happen on no cp under the same circumstances.

I don't think it ever was CP directly, but rather indirectly. CPs give you plenty more sustain which means you'll be able to cast a lot more and therefore have a bigger impact on server load.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    its just so damn simple> friendlyfire and player collision, nobody wants to be on hug range with 20+ other ppl.
    sadly ppl are so scared of the next generation griefers/trollers who would abuse this. but obviously, any decent, able dev team would start kicking/banning actively griefing/trolling ppl. ( plus side, this would allow you to kill any troll/griefer who has taken scroll just to annoy the faction he/she is part of. )

if this doesnt kill lagg, then i dont know what would. i mean there is other option, disable aoe abilities completely, but that would cause outrage in suicidebombers and the small scalers vs X folks. ( i didnt include aoe choo choo in small scalers as they honestly arent really small scaling, they are aoe choo choo:ing. )

I don't ever see player collision working in eso. I mean people would be grieffing unintentionnaly all the time. Friendly fire is out of the question too, it just doesn't work out with the abilities and the combat system in eso.

In my opinion, the best way to reduce lag is and has always been to give incentive to spread out and use the entire map. Adding objectives far away from the IC circle for starters.

Adding those objectives in the campaign scoring cycle, and giving meaningfull, large rewards for winning the campaign.

Dynamically adjust campaign scoring according to player population.
    lowest faction pop on low > scoring every 3 hours
    lowest faction pop on med > scoring every 2 hours
    lowest faction pop on high > scoring every 1 hour
    lowest faction pop on locked >scoring every half hour

This takes care of nightcappers owning the campaigns.
    Once you remove nightcapping, and give large campaign rewards, people will rather spread out to defend/attack than to stack everyone on one keep while your faction loses the important points.

Use Cyrodiil for what it was designed, war strategy. Not mindless zerging to the next keep.

all that would do is get ppl spread to targets yes, but then when aoe choo choos start to go to every location to kill them all n00bs, they again start picking just one target which they hope they can capture before aoe choo choo arrives.

ALSO. you forget one thing, ppl are scared of dying for some stupid reason, so to counter this they stack. BECAUSE WHY? the damage output you can do at best in this game is just so silly that its very badly out of control, which all got started because of unkillable tanks, so, to counter that we got these stupid procblades, instead of killing tanks they just kill bunch of n00bs who have no skill and no gear to counter this.

funny stuff is, that its so damn hard to get ppl buy siege weapons and use them aswell. and too often i found myself so disappointed when ppl have variety of excuses why in their pockets there is just fire ballistas.

AGAIN. larger rewards, nicer goodies, it just makes it more visible of the motivations of the aoe choo choo:s. bunch of n00bs and casuals get overrun left and right at every siege location. i led pugs for years. i know how depressed they become when siege fails when tiny group of ppl comes and wrecks pugs. and there is reason why we dont have in pvp fresh players coming in masses and why current fresh blood doesnt really stay very long. UNBALANCE.

i mean, we all know dont we? aoe choo choos arent farming just for the fun of it??? they farm to grief. day before yesterday it was so obvious as ever. we move the location: arrius. yeah whats going on, covenants own the keep, reds try siege it, covenants defend it and so on blaa blaa, aoe choo choo comes, and everyone start chasing it, yeah their trigger effect is just so HUGE. ANYWAY ppl chase chase wipe wipe, spawn spawn and they have no real danger to themself at all, whenver 1--3 die one of their nightblades goes and plant camp and woot the aoe choo choo is back together and so on they continue run from farm to mine, from mine to farm, from farm to maindoor to clear the siege, then to lumber for change, then suddenly ohhhh miracle! kingscrest burn, they just leave everyone behind sulking, and whoever still has eye contact to aoe choo choo chases after them. ( i was proud of myself, with my stamina templar without really utility or mobility i died only twice into them while trying to slow them down enough hoping that some aoe bombers could deliver enough dmg, i mainly in fact focused on their healers.

ANYWAY. they arrive to kings, there again they had no real danger of wiping. there seriously was not enough manpower and keen ppl to hit them as the ppl who could actually deliver the killing blow were too busy somewhere else farming other zombies for example sejanus was burning at that point for about 1h.

you know what i am trying to point out? your idea of improving rewards would make aoe choo choos more keen on defending and destroying sieges. they would run all over the place killing everything as their mobility is so damn... good. new fresh blood leave cyrodiil faster than ever when instead of farming at same location, the aoe choo choos would be cleaning map, and wtf underdog aoe choo choos getting even more points, yeah right that works well.

need to see the bigger picture here> not just try give superbadass rewards for the strong by playing the map.
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh forgot to add this> better rewards would result in so that 3 factions would all be sitting on their one colored map. each to their own. the situation on maps would be bit different if the current aoe choo choo:s would only play ava not farm.

they all after all want zombies to be farmed and chase them across map, and no matter how much they try to prove that they just play because they want to be competive is ***, they play like that so they can farm as much as they want and to them its much o fun doing it. i have no idea how griefing/trolling other ppl is fun but ppl are allowed to like and do whatever they like to do.
    Edited by kuro-dono on June 29, 2017 3:37PM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oh forgot to add this> better rewards would result in so that 3 factions would all be sitting on their one colored map. each to their own. the situation on maps would be bit different if the current aoe choo choo:s would only play ava not farm.

they all after all want zombies to be farmed and chase them across map, and no matter how much they try to prove that they just play because they want to be competive is ***, they play like that so they can farm as much as they want and to them its much o fun doing it. i have no idea how griefing/trolling other ppl is fun but ppl are allowed to like and do whatever they like to do.

When there were 10 buff campaigns, yes. Now there aren't enough campaigns for that to happen.
    And one ball group can't be every where on the map, especially if you add more objectives.
    And if the reward of winning the campaign is more enticing than farming scrubs, the other zombie farmers will try to halt the ball groups too. Right now there is zero incentive for groups of similar skill to fight each other off aside from "good fights". And you see how that is working out.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭

When there were 10 buff campaigns, yes. Now there aren't enough campaigns for that to happen.
    And one ball group can't be every where on the map, especially if you add more objectives.
    And if the reward of winning the campaign is more enticing than farming scrubs, the other zombie farmers will try to halt the ball groups too. Right now there is zero incentive for groups of similar skill to fight each other off aside from "good fights". And you see how that is working out.

after everyone has gone sleep. ppl paint the map to one color. and with transit system you are everywhere and FAST. the nearest temple keeps being untransitable there is easy solution, die on another keep resource and wee, spawn to the keep which is getting some action. who wants to raid to drakelowe when there could be someone already sitting? some ppl travel from gate to rayles and wipe for about 10h before they get brain ppl online who attack other targets.

also. its more than ever popular that ppl have alts in other factions. certain aoe choo choo play banana main but when their faction dominates the map they swap to another faction. ppl would be using more alts in other factions to spy on details whats going on map, where they hit next and so on.

PS also as you said one ball group cant be everywhere. why would another equally skilled group spend effort to halt another ball group when they can be halting that ball group faction somewhere else?

seriously, they all just avoid each other, even with improved rewards. you cant get them fight each other unless its that time of month and need to make monthly masturbation video.

Edited by kuro-dono on June 29, 2017 3:58PM
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the best way to reduce lag is and has always been to give incentive to spread out and use the entire map. Adding objectives far away from the IC circle for starters.

Adding those objectives in the campaign scoring cycle, and giving meaningfull, large rewards for winning the campaign.

This takes care of nightcappers owning the campaigns.
    Once you remove nightcapping, and give large campaign rewards, people will rather spread out to defend/attack than to stack everyone on one keep while your faction loses the important points.

Use Cyrodiil for what it was designed, war strategy. Not mindless zerging to the next keep.

I like your proposal! It should easy for ZOS to test such a system.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never cared about the scoring... never even look at it... I just go to Cyrodiil for the fun of fighting... hence changes like that will not work for the entire population.

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

Never cared about the scoring... never even look at it... I just go to Cyrodiil for the fun of fighting... hence changes like that will not work for the entire population.

That wasn't the only thing I proposed though. Make campaign rewards relevant as well. And even if you wouldn't care about suchc changes, it would help to fight against the nightcapping that people are annoyed against
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rewards are a big issue and I do like that proposal Etaniel, even If I don't care for the map it should stop Mr Saras & Mr Prootch taking huge points leads for AD/DC through morning/night capping.
    Edited by Magıc on June 30, 2017 2:08PM
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Server crashed twice in last 15 min!!!! Any updates on the issue @ZOS ?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Rin_Senya on June 30, 2017 7:51PM
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Miruku
    Miruku
    ✭✭✭
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    Server crashed twice in last 30 min!!!! Any updates on the issue @ZOS ?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Sorry we are a small indie company we cannot afford proper servers.

:)
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    monday morning they'll get right on it
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Aaaand butthurt server crash again proc!!! lets lulz moaaar!" (c)

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Aaaand butthurt server crash again proc!!! lets lulz moaaar!" (c)

lmao !
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rumour seems to be true, ZoS just focus on making new crownstore items and milking as much money out of this game as possible, gamecode is old, server is old, they dont give a ***
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 SERVER CRASHES again today in prime time.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HEY!

So what now. ZS played on Vivec today, @Isbilen . But it didn't crash. Unfriendly Fire didn't play today - so should we blame them? Since it crashes when they're raiding too.
    Or wait - maybe we should blame Shadow's League. They didn't raid today either. But they used to raid same time as ZS. LET'S JUST BLAME EVERY GUILD, YES? Sounds good. Gotta love presenting arguments that suddenly doesn't hold water, right?

Or just poke @Rin_Senya and give her a cookie for not pushing the "Crash EU-server button" :trollface:

It's ok I just was in a good mood today but I'll try my best to crash it tomorrow! >:) I did come close when I missed that 50k Roe tick to disconnecting though! :|
    AsNoEpB.png

I don't understand… Do you think that you're not affecting the server with what you are doing? You guys used to complain about SWAT (you could take their name by the way: Sanct's Weapons And Tactics) and Aetherius 8 doing the exact same thing you are now for exactly that reason.

Sure other guilds play in ball groups too, but the evidence clearly shows that they affect the server much less than you guys. It is NOT a coincidence that it can be fine for days and then crash as soon as you guys ball up. I don’t know whether or not that is because the other guilds are less effective and wipe quicker or because they are playing it differently than you, but one thing is clear: you guys have a very negative impact on the server performance.
    Edited by Isbilen on July 3, 2017 1:42PM
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »
    HEY!

So what now. ZS played on Vivec today, @Isbilen . But it didn't crash. Unfriendly Fire didn't play today - so should we blame them? Since it crashes when they're raiding too.
    Or wait - maybe we should blame Shadow's League. They didn't raid today either. But they used to raid same time as ZS. LET'S JUST BLAME EVERY GUILD, YES? Sounds good. Gotta love presenting arguments that suddenly doesn't hold water, right?

Or just poke @Rin_Senya and give her a cookie for not pushing the "Crash EU-server button" :trollface:

It's ok I just was in a good mood today but I'll try my best to crash it tomorrow! >:) I did come close when I missed that 50k Roe tick to disconnecting though! :|
    AsNoEpB.png

I don't understand… Do you think that you're not affecting the server with what you are doing? You guys used to complain about SWAT (you could take their name by the way: Sanct's Weapons And Tactics) and Aetherius 8 doing the exact same thing you are now for exactly that reason.

Sure other guilds play in ball groups too, but the evidence clearly shows that they affect the server much less than you guys. It is NOT a coincidence that it can be fine for days and then crash as soon as you guys ball up. I don’t know whether or not that is because the other guilds are less effective and wipe quicker or because they are playing it differently than you, but one thing is clear: you guys have a very negative impact on the server performance.
    So was the server lag free during this weekend?

>320.000.000 AP
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HEY!

AsNoEpB.png

What evidence? Vivec was just as laggy as always with ZS on Sotha Sil. And it's also crashed with ZS on Sotha Sil.

Yeah, it's clearly 1 ball group killing the server alone. They got so much power.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HEY!

AsNoEpB.png

To be fair I had no lag issue saturday late afternoon/night and the whole of sunday :#
    Edited by Etaniel on July 3, 2017 2:48PM
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HEY!

AsNoEpB.png

To be fair I had no lag issue saturday late afternoon/night and the whole of sunday :#
    Did you play during prime time tho?

>320.000.000 AP
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HEY!

AsNoEpB.png

Did you play during prime time tho?

populations were locked the whole time
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeh it's clear that you don't understand.
    This topic is about EU server crashes not about lag that was always in this game during huge fights. There is a difference.
    EU crashes started with Homestead and became worse during Morrowind update. It has nothing to do with ZS or lag. The server can crash when ZS are at the respawn, when we're riding somewhere, often when there isn't any laggy fight on the map which seems to be the main focus of people QQing about it.
    It happens even when ZS doesn't play.
    This specific problem exists only on EU server even tho there are much more ball groups with the same (and even much supposedly "worse"!) attitude as ZS playing on NA and way more factions stacks happening. Yes there are ddos attacks happening recently on NA but it's a completely different story.

Saying that ZS is the root of all wrong in this game is just stupid and won't help anyone or anything but just cause forums drama allowing ZOS to close and ignore posts rather than actually taking note and replying to the issues.

Instead of just coming here and crying about ZS, ballgroups and lag offering nothing constructive rather than "oh everyone just have to play smallscale because ZOS don't do anything” you could have helped promote threads like this and try to make ZOS actually investigate the problem and keep your grievances for any one of the other ZS posts which you have posted in already.
    Edited by Rin_Senya on July 3, 2017 10:48PM

• Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So toxic smh