The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

STOP EU SERVER CRASHES!!!!!

• MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno still no answer from your crew...
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venom4You wrote: »
    Instead of simply agreeing that the european server performance leaves much to desire and thereby ecourage ZOS of finally trying harder to get PVP working as it should, people rather come here to blame a certain "evil" playstyle and one specific guild for the issues just because they initiated this post.
    It's just great. As long as this endless "your fault, no YOUR fault" whining is going on, ZOS will sigh in relief being able to move on without adressing major PVP issues. Why should they feed the wolves that devour each other?
    I honestly can't hear it anymore. This is an AvAvA game. Like in all other games of this type coordinated guild play should be allowed and possible, using and optimizing mechanics provided by the game. ZOS made enough changes in the last years that ultimately killed off a lot of guilds because they just couldn't run successfully anymore - One needs dedicated and good people to run a PVP raid successful nowadays. Otherwise one doesn't stand a chance against the flood of players. Sth just very few guilds seem to still achieve. I mean one guild is hardly to blame for casual pugs (and many guilds) that keep lining up willingly in the hundreds, eager to zerg down 16 peps, but getting farmed in the process because there is just no learning process on their side. And that's ok. While one party evolves and adapts, the casual party doesn't bother. It's been like this in all PVP games - Solution: Exterminate the party that actually does care about strategic raid gameplay? I hope not... People need to grow up and stop blaming other community members for server lagg and inbalance of Cyrodiil PVP. The truely guilty do not comment on anything related to PVP and let the community tear itsself appart, so ultimately noone will be left to consume resources that could be better invested in profitable pve story dlcs :expressionless:

It´s zos fault either way because as a developer they have to either fix the underlying mechanix or fix the behavior of people inside the system.

You can still be mad at the players running around like this guy:
    103692822-RTSG9GK.600x400.jpg?v=1465232988
    Pretending everything is fine as long as you´re playing by the rules the evil overlords provide you with.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venom4You wrote: »
    Instead of simply agreeing that the european server performance leaves much to desire and thereby ecourage ZOS of finally trying harder to get PVP working as it should, people rather come here to blame a certain "evil" playstyle and one specific guild for the issues just because they initiated this post.
    It's just great. As long as this endless "your fault, no YOUR fault" whining is going on, ZOS will sigh in relief being able to move on without adressing major PVP issues. Why should they feed the wolves that devour each other?
    I honestly can't hear it anymore. This is an AvAvA game. Like in all other games of this type coordinated guild play should be allowed and possible, using and optimizing mechanics provided by the game. ZOS made enough changes in the last years that ultimately killed off a lot of guilds because they just couldn't run successfully anymore - One needs dedicated and good people to run a PVP raid successful nowadays. Otherwise one doesn't stand a chance against the flood of players. Sth just very few guilds seem to still achieve. I mean one guild is hardly to blame for casual pugs (and many guilds) that keep lining up willingly in the hundreds, eager to zerg down 16 peps, but getting farmed in the process because there is just no learning process on their side. And that's ok. While one party evolves and adapts, the casual party doesn't bother. It's been like this in all PVP games - Solution: Exterminate the party that actually does care about strategic raid gameplay? I hope not... People need to grow up and stop blaming other community members for server lagg and inbalance of Cyrodiil PVP. The truely guilty do not comment on anything related to PVP and let the community tear itsself appart, so ultimately noone will be left to consume resources that could be better invested in profitable pve story dlcs :expressionless:
    100% agree. The answer is fixing the servers and improving the PvP balance to the point where it's more than an alliance stacking blobfest.

Group mechanics already got gutted with Thieves Guild and imo Cyrodiil never really recovered from those horrible changes. There's no reason to really gut group play even more... all that would accomplish is removing organised play as a really viable option and everyone would be forced into the alliance stacking nonsense.

I say this as someone who isnt playing with a highly organised guild because there's simply none left.

You think this game encourages grouping at this point? Not one bit... it encourages people to run in the biggest zerg they can find, which doesnt require grouping at all.
    Edited by Valencer on June 28, 2017 8:08AM
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HEY!

So what now. ZS played on Vivec today, @Isbilen . But it didn't crash. Unfriendly Fire didn't play today - so should we blame them? Since it crashes when they're raiding too.
    Or wait - maybe we should blame Shadow's League. They didn't raid today either. But they used to raid same time as ZS. LET'S JUST BLAME EVERY GUILD, YES? Sounds good. Gotta love presenting arguments that suddenly doesn't hold water, right?

Or just poke @Rin_Senya and give her a cookie for not pushing the "Crash EU-server button" :trollface:
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    HEY!

So what now. ZS played on Vivec today, @Isbilen . But it didn't crash. Unfriendly Fire didn't play today - so should we blame them? Since it crashes when they're raiding too.
    Or wait - maybe we should blame Shadow's League. They didn't raid today either. But they used to raid same time as ZS. LET'S JUST BLAME EVERY GUILD, YES? Sounds good. Gotta love presenting arguments that suddenly doesn't hold water, right?

Or just poke @Rin_Senya and give her a cookie for not pushing the "Crash EU-server button" :trollface:

It's ok I just was in a good mood today but I'll try my best to crash it tomorrow! >:) I did come close when I missed that 50k Roe tick to disconnecting though! :|
    AsNoEpB.png
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Derra
    It's quite convient that none of your suggested changes have any impact on your playstyle, isn't it? I honestly dont see how changing groupsize to ~5 people would improve anything. People would just stop playing because they can't play with their friends in a largescale setting and still get ran over by a 3x 5 man ZS raid. Organisation will always overcome pugging especially with the amount of possibilities you have in this game. If they remove skills like purge and maneuver it will hurt groups ofc but what if we start just sitting in keeps spamming siege and roots on people. Fights will still be endless, nothing will change. Over time there have been so many skills that our raid was supposedly reliant on, yet when those skills got actually nerfed we were still fine, arguably even stronger because we figured out alternatives way before our enemies.

Performance is way better on Sotha Sil than it is on Vivec, so let's remove cp on all campaigns. The server cant handle CP obviously, they are the problem. Or would you disagree - perhaps because it will hurt your preferred playstyle? If so, then what if I told you that our playstyle was better since we dont need CP but yours does, effectively making you responsible for the lag? //not that I'm actually saying so, it's more about delivering a message

Of course there is a point at which you can blame players for causing issues by playing in a way that wasn't intended and the server can't handle (for example I would blame someone who is stacking 3 organised raids for lagging the server). However I honestly think it is extremely questionable that the 12-15 man groups we run is bigger than what the game was designed for, especially considering the history of the game, where for the longest time 24 man or even more was considered the standard for organised raids.
    It's like if you buy a new car: If you try to drive with 300 km/h and something breaks it's your fault for pushing the limits of the car. If something breaks while you drive 120 km/h, it's the fault of the company that built the car.
    Edited by Sanct16 on June 28, 2017 10:14PM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    so much ***.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    @Derra
    It's quite convient that none of your suggested changes have any impact on your playstyle, isn't it? I honestly dont see how changing groupsize to ~5 people would improve anything. People would just stop playing because they can't play with their friends in a largescale setting and still get ran over by a 3x 5 man ZS raid. Organisation will always overcome pugging especially with the amount of possibilities you have in this game. If they remove skills like purge and maneuver it will hurt groups ofc but what if we start just sitting in keeps spamming siege and roots on people. Fights will still be endless, nothing will change. Over time there have been so many skills that our raid was supposedly reliant on, yet when those skills got actually nerfed we were still fine, arguably even stronger because we figured out alternatives way before our enemies.

Performance is way better on Sotha Sil than it is on Vivec, so let's remove cp on all campaigns. The server cant handle CP obviously, they are the problem. Or would you disagree - perhaps because it will hurt your preferred playstyle? If so, then what if I told you that our playstyle was better since we dont need CP but yours does, effectively making you responsible for the lag? //not that I'm actually saying so, it's more about delivering a message

Of course there is a point at which you can blame players for causing issues by playing in a way that wasn't intended and the server can't handle (for example I would blame someone who is stacking 3 organised raids for lagging the server). However I honestly think it is extremely questionable that the 12-15 man groups we run is bigger than what the game was designed for, especially considering the history of the game, where for the longest time 24 man or even more was considered the standard for organised raids.
    It's like if you buy a new car: If you try to drive with 300 km/h and something breaks it's your fault for pushing the limits of the car. If something breaks while you drive 120 km/h, it's the fault of the company that built the car.

I can only attribute your lack in imagination on how groupsize affects largescale pvp (mostly for the better) on you never having played any other game than ESO that supported largescale open world pvp.

I´ve personally played four titles that placed a major focus on largescale open world pvp and retrospectively it´s very clear why the titles with somewhat chaotic fights (large scale small groups) were much better than the organised (large scale large group) titles.

Maybe you´ll play CU, maybe they´ll stick to their groupsize of 6 to 10. Maybe you´ll understand what i mean then.

Otherwise you can join me in TS and i´ll explain to you why the groupsize in eso is problematic in relation to the total amount of enemies it allows you to handle.
    It has nothing to do with me wanting something bad for you personally. I want to participate in everythign pvp has to offer. Largegroups deny everyone not running a large group that possibility.
    Smaller groups do/would not be able to achieve that.
    The key for me is possibility of participation (the lag it creates is just a bonus).

The problem with your car analogy is: Yeah you´re maybe going 120mph - but youre towing 4 orther cars while doing so - which you ofc comfortably ignore.
    I´ve said many times: The problem is not your groupsize. It´s the sheer amout of players you can attract (and need to for a desireable AP/H) and not die while farming them over and over creating fight symbols attracting more players in the process.
    The fights last too long. It work in a way that either you kill them shortly after the first engagement or they kill you.
    Edited by Derra on June 29, 2017 6:25AM
    <Noricum>

Options
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    @Derra

I can only attribute your lack in imagination on how groupsize affects largescale pvp (mostly for the better) on you never having played any other game than ESO that supported largescale open world pvp.

I´ve personally played four titles that placed a major focus on largescale open world pvp and retrospectively it´s very clear why the titles with somewhat chaotic fights (large scale small groups) were much better than the organised (large scale large group) titles.

Maybe you´ll play CU, maybe they´ll stick to their groupsize of 6 to 10. Maybe you´ll understand what i mean then.

Otherwise you can join me in TS and i´ll explain to you why the groupsize in eso is problematic in relation to the total amount of enemies it allows you to handle.
    It has nothing to do with me wanting something bad for you personally. I want to participate in everythign pvp has to offer. Largegroups deny everyone not running a large group that possibility.
    The key for me is possibility of participation (the lag it creates is just a bonus).

The problem with your car analogy is: Yeah you´re maybe going 120mph - but youre towing 4 orther cars while doing so - which you ofc comfortably ignore.
    I´ve said many times: The problem is not your groupsize. It´s the sheer amout of players you can attract (and need to for a desireable AP/H) and not die while farming them over and over creating fight symbols attracting more players in the process.
    The fights last too long. It work in a way that either you kill them shortly after the first engagement or they kill you.

There lies the most important problem on your last argument the fact that death means kinda nothing in this game. Once we kill people they just rez in our face and we can't do much about it and that's mostly why the fights are prolonged unnecesarily. Since it's impossible for us to kill the zombie horde we have to settle for surviving long enough against them. We repeatedly asked zos to add even a small 20-30 sec cd on soul gem rezing after the first rez but to no avail.
    Edited by kkravaritieb17_ESO on June 29, 2017 6:58AM
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

Options
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra were you here yesterday prime time to witness the scroll fight or even roe fight ? How can those fight be perfectly lag free with no server crash involved and sometimes server just can't handle.
    We literally fought the entire D.C pop with a 14 man group between roe and fare as nothing else was happening on the map D.C side and yet the server was handling just fine

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra

There lies the most important problem on your last argument the fact that death means kinda nothing in this game. Once we kill people they just rez in our face and we can't do much about it and that's mostly why the fights are prolonged unnecesarily. Since it's impossible for us to kill the zombie horde we have to settle for surviving long enough against them. We repeatedly asked zos to add even a small 20-30 sec cd on soul gem rezing after the first rez but to no avail.

And i 100% agree. Rezzing should cost atleast 100 ultimate and be interrupted by every attack (like placing camps/siege).
    Burning camps should not be interrupted by anything.

The problem remaining would be large groups forming an exclusive club where they have no competition outside of other large groups.
    I´d be in favor of making the zombiehorde killable but also breaking the largegroup monarchy on pvp at the same time :tongue:

Edit: In a way that when good groups finally can bring closure to an outnumbered fight they need to reduce the amount of people these groups can handle and win - because as you said: when half of the DC faction is following you and you can kill half of an entire faction that´s not healthy for the game imo.

MLRPZ wrote: »
    @Derra were you here yesterday prime time to witness the scroll fight or even roe fight ? How can those fight be perfectly lag free with no server crash involved and sometimes server just can't handle.
    We literally fought the entire D.C pop with a 14 man group between roe and fare as nothing else was happening on the map D.C side and yet the server was handling just fine

I was - it wouldn´t call it exactly lag free but in general the performance was pretty decent since mondays patch.
    Edited by Derra on June 29, 2017 7:38AM
    <Noricum>

Options
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag free is anything below 200 ping in this game xD

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lag free is anything below 200 ping in this game xD

Meeeh Marc you know that's not true.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Derra

And i 100% agree. Rezzing should cost atleast 100 ultimate and be interrupted by every attack (like placing camps/siege).

The problem remaining would be large groups forming an exclusive club where they have no competition outside of other large groups.
    I´d be in favor of making the zombiehorde killable but also breaking the largegroup monarchy on pvp at the same time :tongue:

Edit: In a way that when good groups finally can bring closure to an outnumbered fight they need to reduce the amount of people these groups can handle and win - because as you said: when half of the DC faction is following you and you can kill half of an entire faction that´s not healthy for the game imo.

I was - it wouldn´t call it exactly lag free but in general the performance was pretty decent since mondays patch.

I really don't understand why organised guilds should be further nerfed. Nothing was handed to us on a platter. We struggled as a guild to achieve cohesion and balance in order to perform at our maximum capacity unlike the pug horde (which usually is followed by organised and semi organised guilds) which will chase us like your small group to the end of the map like rabid dogs mindlesly spamming skills and rezing even if we kill a lot of them. And honestly even if we get nerfed again somehow, we will persevere and find a way to fight against the odds which is kinda what we ve been doing since the days of banana squad and what we will still be doing for days to come.
    Rip Banana Squad

and many other chars

Options
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well ping indicator in the game is rip anyway. Sometimes it says 85 yet it takes two seconds to bar swap

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra

Funny people taking issues with individual soul gem rezzing, while all these ball groups do is have 1 person sneak out with streak/stealth to insta pop a forward camp and resurrect their entire AoE ball in 0.0001s

It's part of the reason why these AoE ball fights are almost endless.

Anyway they should take a look at DAoC and have something like resurrection sickness, which is a debuff you get after getting resurrected. That helps counter the combat rezzing.
    Edited by Docmandu on June 29, 2017 10:38AM
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    @Derra

Funny people taking issues with individual soul gem rezzing, while all these ball groups do is have 1 person sneak out with streak/stealth to insta pop a forward camp and resurrect their entire AoE ball in 0.0001s

Anyway they should take a look at DAoC and have something like resurrection sickness, which is a debuff you get after getting resurrected. That helps counter the combat rezzing.

Difference being: Soul Gems got no cooldown. Camps got 5 minutes. I agree they should add some sort of penalty for soul gem ressing - but with the 5 minutes cooldown oncamps - there's already a penalty.
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on June 29, 2017 10:40AM
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |

My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra

Difference being: Soul Gems got no cooldown. Camps got 5 minutes. I agree they should add some sort of penalty for soul gem ressing - but with the 5 minutes cooldown oncamps - there's already a penalty.

So basically you're saying... nerf except the thing I'm using myself?!

Both should get the debuff imho... the camp is super strong... it's basically a 20 people insta AOE rez on a low cooldown.
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra

So basically you're saying... nerf except the thing I'm using myself?!

Both should get the debuff imho... the camp is super strong... it's basically a 20 people insta AOE rez on a low cooldown.

No. Just saying that a camp already is "nerfed" by having a 5 minute - cooldown. Whereas Soul Gems got literally no counter-play in a large-scale whatsoever. Low cooldown - how is 5 minutes low cooldown?
    And fyi - if you watched the videos - you'll see that ZS utilises soul gems quite a lot as well to ress one unlucky boi that got killed.
    PC - EU.

Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes low cooldown... forward camps are super strong.. personally I would like to see some fixed for those, like making it take more than 0.5s to plow one down and allowing people to destroy it even if you cheese and put caltrops on them to put people in combat.

warning DAoC reference inc :P
    just to throw out a comparison, daoc AoE rez ability http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=13554 --> 15 minute recast time!
    Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul gems are nothing like camps lol. The amount of times we nearly wipe 40-50 people for them to all be back up within 30s cause of soul gems, for the same to happen over and over until the whole DC/AD/EP pop is stacked in one keep vs us is a joke. Camps have 5 minute cooldowns, after 1 camp, if we wipe we don't just wait for the next camp assuming 1 of us got out, we spawn at a keep/outpost and ride back/to another location. Soul gems however are endless ressing which is what causes these fights to be drawn out for so long.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra

I really don't understand why organised guilds should be further nerfed. Nothing was handed to us on a platter. We struggled as a guild to achieve cohesion and balance in order to perform at our maximum capacity unlike the pug horde (which usually is followed by organised and semi organised guilds) which will chase us like your small group to the end of the map like rabid dogs mindlesly spamming skills and rezing even if we kill a lot of them. And honestly even if we get nerfed again somehow, we will persevere and find a way to fight against the odds which is kinda what we ve been doing since the days of banana squad and what we will still be doing for days to come.

As i´ve said in my edit:
    If you were to nerf rezzing (to make the pugtrain killable) you need to weaken the current potential of ballgroups.
    You state yourself that you fought the a large part of the DC faction and i´ve seen it.

You really think it would be good for the game if one group could roflstomp a majority of one whole factions pvp players?
    <Noricum>

Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You really think it would be good for the game if one group could roflstomp a majority of one whole factions pvp players?

The people getting roflStomped would lose the will to play and leave Cyrodiil in a heartbeat. I've seen it in other games
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really just don't see how it's the responsibility of any organized PvP raid to play worse for the sake of the servers that ZOS will never improve.
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I really just don't see how it's the responsibility of any organized PvP raid to play worse for the sake of the servers that ZOS will never improve.

But you said it, Zos will never improve their server. So they have to change the system in a way that disencourage the lag inducing behaviour.

They already tried it with the no cp week but the devs acknowledged that its not the CP system which lags the server..who guessed that.

Now they have to try more changes to the PvP environment
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Derra

As i´ve said in my edit:
    If you were to nerf rezzing (to make the pugtrain killable) you need to weaken the current potential of ballgroups.
    You state yourself that you fought the a large part of the DC faction and i´ve seen it.

I totally agree, IF they do something about the resses (amongst some other things) they should nerf groups too.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    its just so damn simple> friendlyfire and player collision, nobody wants to be on hug range with 20+ other ppl.
    sadly ppl are so scared of the next generation griefers/trollers who would abuse this. but obviously, any decent, able dev team would start kicking/banning actively griefing/trolling ppl. ( plus side, this would allow you to kill any troll/griefer who has taken scroll just to annoy the faction he/she is part of. )

if this doesnt kill lagg, then i dont know what would. i mean there is other option, disable aoe abilities completely, but that would cause outrage in suicidebombers and the small scalers vs X folks. ( i didnt include aoe choo choo in small scalers as they honestly arent really small scaling, they are aoe choo choo:ing. )
    Options
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    its just so damn simple> friendlyfire and player collision, nobody wants to be on hug range with 20+ other ppl.
    sadly ppl are so scared of the next generation griefers/trollers who would abuse this. but obviously, any decent, able dev team would start kicking/banning actively griefing/trolling ppl. ( plus side, this would allow you to kill any troll/griefer who has taken scroll just to annoy the faction he/she is part of. )

if this doesnt kill lagg, then i dont know what would. i mean there is other option, disable aoe abilities completely, but that would cause outrage in suicidebombers and the small scalers vs X folks. ( i didnt include aoe choo choo in small scalers as they honestly arent really small scaling, they are aoe choo choo:ing. )

Friendly fire and collision are too complicated for the potato servers of Zenimax to handle.
    Rip Banana Squad

and many other chars

Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »

I don't ever see player collision working in eso. I mean people would be grieffing unintentionnaly all the time. Friendly fire is out of the question too, it just doesn't work out with the abilities and the combat system in eso.

In my opinion, the best way to reduce lag is and has always been to give incentive to spread out and use the entire map. Adding objectives far away from the IC circle for starters.

Adding those objectives in the campaign scoring cycle, and giving meaningfull, large rewards for winning the campaign.

Dynamically adjust campaign scoring according to player population.
    lowest faction pop on low > scoring every 3 hours
    lowest faction pop on med > scoring every 2 hours
    lowest faction pop on high > scoring every 1 hour
    lowest faction pop on locked >scoring every half hour

This takes care of nightcappers owning the campaigns.
    Once you remove nightcapping, and give large campaign rewards, people will rather spread out to defend/attack than to stack everyone on one keep while your faction loses the important points.

Use Cyrodiil for what it was designed, war strategy. Not mindless zerging to the next keep.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Derra

As i´ve said in my edit:

I never specifically said that if they change the rezzing system that we should stay as powerful as we are atm but knowing zos tendency to cater to the casuals I sincerely doubt they will change rezzing in any way. But one thing we all can admit is that the current rezzing system causes mostly the bottleneck and endless fights which are in turn causing lags.

Now the rollbacks are a different story and I am pretty sure it has something to do with the code on cp campaign since they started a little before homestead and i ve never witness something similar happen on no cp under the same circumstances.
    Edited by kkravaritieb17_ESO on June 29, 2017 3:12PM
    Rip Banana Squad

and many other chars

Options