Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing the Dwarven Crown Crate Season"

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Phew, another season where nothing I want got locked behind gambling. That's really a relief.

My heart goes to the people who want the mounts that are not even purchasable with Crown Gems, though.

@Abeille it's getting increasingly difficult for me D:

I was lucky most things I needed to complete my characters were released before crates were a thing. Now it is more like, "oh I would have impulse-bought it but since it is locked in a crate then I guess I'll keep my crowns". That's the case with the braided hair style. It doesn't really fit my characters but I like braids.

I was the same way until I made a character that was completely different than what I normally do and then ended up making it my 100% focus in the game. Now things I passed up on purpose because I didn't need, I find myself wanting. And once I buy a crime crate that's the end. impulse will have me. I get addicted to this stuff.

Hopefully it stays easy for you to pass on in the coming seasons.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Phew, another season where nothing I want got locked behind gambling. That's really a relief.

My heart goes to the people who want the mounts that are not even purchasable with Crown Gems, though.

Yeah, as if it wasn't enough that some people spend literally hundreds of dollars on this sham, they now made it even worse for them. I know that it's only cosmetic reskins and whatnot, but I really hate the idea that something you might want is locked behind a lottery system. I mean it could be a neat idea to have on the side, if it was still possible to buy things individually, like maybe having the mounts be 2.5k crowns, but then you you buy 4 boxes for 1.5k and get lucky. I know that the gems sort of let you do that, but you do have to invest into the lottery bs in first place to get any <.< I think it's incredible how this exploitive system is still here though, but I guess with them also charging a separate fullgame price for the Morrowind dlc they won't let up and will just continue down the path of money > happy customers.

I was one who defended the crates, I don't mind the system itself because you could eventually get what you wanted. But this has made me rethink about buying anymore crates. I have spent hundreds if not over a thousand real dollars on ESO, and so far I have been able to justify it because I haven't bought any other games. This though is on a whole new level for me. I have every single senche mount and pet, and now I have no guarantee of getting the ultra exclusive mount unless I put in an unknown number of dollars. Not diggin this at all.

Edit.
    I was one of those people targeted with the crates. I had no problem shelling out the cash because I could afford it. The type who had to collect everything or one of each type of item, like the senche. Just not to sure about it anymore. I have the money but really having a hard time letting it go on this game anymore. With this new reward system and lack of foresight on their end, makes me wonder. Just like me buying the cavern and only having 700 slots. Getting less and less return on my money.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on June 22, 2017 3:51PM
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too.

That Ebon Senche looks gorgeous, but whale or not, there is absolutely no way I am spending that much money trying to get an RNG-only item. :s
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the no gem purchases I'm going to make this short, critical and polite.

ZOS, whoever it is who is running the marketing side of things and keeps pushing these absurd prices and insulting marketing schemes is hurting both yours and the games reputation.

They are showing to have no respect for this game or it's community. It's insulting to every one of us that you keep allowing this to continue.

If you want my opinion as a Community Ambassador then it's that you need to speak with the people who are doing this and get them to start listening or opening a dialogue with the games community.

I may discuss more with you in private when I have cooled off a little.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too.

That Ebon Senche looks gorgeous, but whale or not, there is absolutely no way I am spending that much money trying to get an RNG-only item. :s

Amen, rng hates me way to much to try and get it. I would have easily spent enough on crates to get enough gems to purchase both senche mounts but I don't think I can do it this time.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    I was one who defended the crates, I don't mind the system itself because you could eventually get what you wanted. But this has made me rethink about buying anymore crates. I have spent hundreds if not over a thousand real dollars on ESO, and so far I have been able to justify it because I haven't bought any other games. This though is on a whole new level for me. I have every single senche mount and pet, and now I have no guarantee of getting the ultra exclusive mount unless I put in an unknown number of dollars. Not diggin this at all.

Edit.
    I was one of those people targeted with the crates. I had no problem shelling out the cash because I could afford it. The type who had to collect everything or one of each type of item, like the senche. Just not to sure about it anymore. I have the money but really having a hard time letting it go on this game anymore. With this new reward system and lack of foresight on their end, makes me wonder. Just like me buying the cavern and only having 700 slots. Getting less and less return on my money.

The thing to remember is that there is nothing in the crates that anyone needs to have. Armed with that, I have no problem at all not buying them. Honestly, I have not even opened the ones that came with Morrowind.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Regarding the no gem purchases I'm going to make this short, critical and polite.

ZOS, whoever it is who is running the marketing side of things and keeps pushing these absurd prices and insulting marketing schemes is hurting both yours and the games reputation.

They are showing to have no respect for this game or it's community. It's insulting to every one of us that you keep allowing this to continue.

If you want my opinion as a Community Ambassador then it's that you need to speak with the people who are doing this and get them to start listening or opening a dialogue with the games community.

I'd like to have an ESO Live with "the Lady" as a guest. She is clearly running this $how now.
    PC-NA
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »

I'd like to have an ESO Live with "the Lady" as a guest. She is clearly running this $how now.

YESSSSSSSSS. Put her on ESO Live and have the reasoning explained.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit.

The thing to remember is that there is nothing in the crates that anyone needs to have. Armed with that, I have no problem at all not buying them. Honestly, I have not even opened the ones that came with Morrowind.

I had no problem with the crates before, because I could eventually get what I wanted with the gem conversion. And while you are correct that nothing is needed from them, there are things I am fond of. While I have the resources to purchase the crates I don't know if I will this season. And once I have missed out on one of the senche items I might not be inclined to continue trying to collect them. Just my perspective though.
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭

This.

I was neutral on crates, they target my OCD completionist but I have the spare money and an addiction enough to TES games that i could handle it knowing i can get everything. I literally own every thing you can get off the crown store that is a mount, pet, costume, personality, hat, skin, etc. I skipped the most recent motif because you can earn it in game. I even buy mount training on the rare occasion.

I don't say this to measure my e-peen or my e-wallet, i do this because it brings joy collecting and if i cannot get everything (looking at you stupid ps4 exclusive pet) i start to get annoyed. If it becomes to much I will cut my losses and that means all the spending I normally do on ESO goes elsewhere and i will no longer support the product.

I don't want that to happen ZoS, I realize I am a crazy ocd whale and you can abuse me with your harpoons up to a certain point but this could be a very dangerous slope that could lose you more then you make by implementing this.

If you want to proceed with extra-limited-exclusive mounts then perhaps make larger bundles of crown crates say, maybe 30 crates for 10,000 crowns that comes with the new extra-limited-exclusive mounts.
    Edited by aisriyth_ESO on June 22, 2017 4:09PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »

I don't think that she is.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

I was neutral on crates, they target my OCD completionist but I have the spare money and an addiction enough to TES games that i could handle it knowing i can get everything. I literally own every thing you can get off the crown store that is a mount, pet, costume, personality, hat, skin, etc. I skipped the most recent motif because you can earn it in game. I even buy mount training on the rare occasion.

I don't say this to measure my e-peen or my e-wallet, i do this because it brings joy collecting and if i cannot get everything (looking at you stupid ps4 exclusive pet) i start to get annoyed. If it becomes to much I will cut my losses and that means all the spending I normally do on ESO goes elsewhere and i will no longer support the product.

I don't want that to happen ZoS, I realize I am a crazy ocd whale and you can abuse me with your harpoons up to a certain point but this could be a very dangerous slope that could lose you more then you make.

If you want to proceed with extra-limited-exclusive mounts then perhaps make larger bundles of crown crates say, maybe 30 crates for 10,000 crowns that comes with the new extra-limited-exclusive mounts.

Exactly. I was willing to shell out the cash because I knew I could get what I wanted eventually, but this new scheme is a bit much, even for ZOS.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭

This.

I don't want that to happen ZoS, I realize I am a crazy ocd whale and you can abuse me with your harpoons up to a certain point but this could be a very dangerous slope that could lose you more then you make.

Everything here. I'm also a whale but enough is enough.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Abeille it's getting increasingly difficult for me D:

I was lucky most things I needed to complete my characters were released before crates were a thing. Now it is more like, "oh I would have impulse-bought it but since it is locked in a crate then I guess I'll keep my crowns". That's the case with the braided hair style. It doesn't really fit my characters but I like braids.

I was the same way until I made a character that was completely different than what I normally do and then ended up making it my 100% focus in the game. Now things I passed up on purpose because I didn't need, I find myself wanting. And once I buy a crime crate that's the end. impulse will have me. I get addicted to this stuff.

Hopefully it stays easy for you to pass on in the coming seasons.

That happened to me with the Gray Yokudan Charger. It would be perfect for my Redguard, but I only made her waaaay after it was removed from the store (and it was just 350 Crowns for a while, too! D: ).

Me too.

If it helps, these mechanical mounts sound funny.

Like, the wolf howl sounds like something I could only describe as "aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA". I don't own it, the only crate I ever had was the one that came with Morrowind, but I saw people spamming it.

Edit.

Depends on what you mean with "need". People "need" different things in order to enjoy a game, and completing the concept of a character can very well be one of these things needed. Like how my Altmer can't wear anything without a hat because having the wrong hair color completely ruins her for me, and because of that I get no enjoyment from playing her?

If you mean "need" as in, "to live", well, we don't need to play games at all either.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dislike that change. I never got an apex item (either through draws or bought with gems) but I've felt since they were introduced the fact that you could made the whole crown crate thing reasonable. But I really object to this change purely on principle, and it validates the criticism of the crates' existence.

I hope someone reconsiders. Not because I want those four items (because I wouldn't buy enough to get the gems anyway), but because I think it does damage to the game's reputation.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »

This.

Same here. Angry whales unite!

I'm just hoping that Turelus' shiny new title gives his words a little pull, even if the rest of us are so much static.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on June 22, 2017 4:22PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My kid doesnt really need food, right?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed. With everything being available for Gems, the Crates had just fallen on the acceptable side of "don't like it". I will always be against the exclusive-to-crates non-thematic items, but now having exclusive-to-crates and not even available for Gems tips that 'acceptable' to the other side.
    Edited by Enodoc on June 22, 2017 4:36PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Indeed. With everything being available for Gems, the Crates had just fallen on the acceptable side of "don't like it". I will always be against the exclusive-to-crates non-thematic items, but now having exclusive-to-crates and not even available for Gems tips that 'acceptable' to the other side.

This. It feels very much like that, like a line was painted down the center of the room with ZoS being told "just stay on that side and we'll be cool." Then they casually lean forward, put one finger on the side of the salt shaker on your side, and after a pause to make sure you're looking, push it over.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be way cooler if we could buy gem-crates with the gems and those give you pebbles, and pebble-crates ...

Incrateion!
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »

This.

Same here. Angry whales unite!

I'm just hoping that Turelus' shiny new title gives his words a little pull, even if the rest of us are so much static.

I will throw money at this game hand over fist when I know exactly what I am getting. Recent purchases illustrate this. ESO Physical Collectors edition, Fire Kagouti Mount, Fire Kagouti Pet, Dwemer Spider Mount.

I'm happy to pay a premium for items I want when I can weigh the price against the value I see in the item. Like the dromathra senche mount way back when, The Ebonheart Chateau and Amaya Lake Lodge, both furnished.

I've been able to resist crates so far, but I have an addictive personality with this sort of stuff and it's a struggle. This makes them even more predatory.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What, even some of the loyal crate supporters are angry now? This announcement certainly doesn't change my mind about the things. ZOS must have great confidence they will sell like hot cakes regardless of what any of us think.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    What, even some of the loyal crate supporters are angry now? This announcement certainly doesn't change my mind about the things. ZOS must have great confidence they will sell like hot cakes regardless of what any of us think.

I feel that they didn't sell like hotcakes. Otherwise, why change the system they had?

They certainly didn't like that people only bought crates until they had enough gems to get what they wanted, or they wouldn't have put items that can't be bought with gems in there :no_mouth:
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    According to reddit posts there are other items that aren't even at the apex level that also cannot be bought with the gems....if this checks out i am thoroughly disgusted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/6iuknb/im_not_made_of_money_zos/
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAGENTA RAINBOW HAIR!?!?!?!! <3
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The Fine and Common reward categories remain unchanged.
    You said that last time, and yet there were four new poison cards in the Common category that were in Wild Hunt crates and not Storm Atronach. Are you sure that there are no changes to Fine and Common?
    Having now checked in-game, it turns out that this is not true. Again.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom There are a number of changes to the Fine reward category, not least that this category now has 11 items instead of 8.

Crown Crate Fortifying Meal (+ Max Tri-Resources) and Crown Crate Refreshing Drink (+ Tri-Resource Recovery), which were in the previous two seasons, have been removed, and replaced with Crown Combat Mystic's Stew (+ Max Health/Magicka), Crown Vigorous Ragout (+ Max Health/Stamina), Crown Stout Magic Liqueur (+ H/M Recovery), and Crown Vigorous Tincture (+ H/S Recovery). Finally, a Crown Research Scroll, All, 1 Day has also been added to this tier, which is not available for Gems.
    Edited by Enodoc on June 22, 2017 5:16PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to reddit posts there are other items that aren't even at the apex level that also cannot be bought with the gems....if this checks out i am thoroughly disgusted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/6iuknb/im_not_made_of_money_zos/

Well now I'm worried. I was relieved because nothing on the Crown Crate menu in game was really interesting to me, but if there are things that are not in the menu other than these apex mounts, I want to know.

Is there are list somewhere of the things that are in the crates but can't be bought with gems?

Meet my characters:

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well now I'm worried. I was relieved because nothing on the Crown Crate menu in game was really interesting to me, but if there are things that are not in the menu other than these apex mounts, I want to know.

Is there are list somewhere of the things that are in the crates but can't be bought with gems?

@Abeille I'm pretty sure you can right click on the place you would buy crates and select preview. Or possibly hover over it and press R(?) for "bundle details" which should list everything (even stuff not available for gems).

At least that used to be possible.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@Abeille I'm pretty sure you can right click on the place you would buy crates and select preview. Or possibly hover over it and press R(?) for "bundle details" which should list everything (even stuff not available for gems).

At least that used to be possible.

It is, but I didn't find anything other than those three apex mounts that were drop-only. The "flowy argonian feathers" mentioned in the reddit link isn't in the preview in game.

Edit: FOUND IT. The "Flowy argonian feathers" are just how the White River Braids hair style looks when you put it on an Argonian. It is listed and it costs 40 Crown Gems. I'll go warn that guy on reddit.
    Edited by Abeille on June 22, 2017 5:42PM

Meet my characters:

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only things that are not available for Gems are the three odd Apex mounts, the Apex Sweetroll furnishing, and the 1 Day Research Scroll from the Fine (Green) tier.