Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing the Dwarven Crown Crate Season"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
e2f83495ee71f932ef3f608e352fedfb.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Introducing the Dwarven Crown Crate Season blog article.

Join the ranks of Tamriel's most famous relic hunters with our latest ESO Crown Crate season. Claim your share of ancient Dwarven technology with the Dwarven Crown Crates!

Here's a full list of all new rewards:

Apex rewards
Dwarven Bear
Dwarven Camel
Dwarven Guar
Dwarven Horse
Dwarven Senche
Dwarven Wolf
Adamat Dwarven Horse
Ebon Dwarven Senche
Vitrine Dwarven Wolf
Resplendent Sweetroll

Legendary rewards
Banner, Clavicus Vile
Blosson Burst Bonnet
Breton Hero Armor
Clockwork Chalk
Copperback Bear-Dog
Crown Crafting Motif: Draugr Style
Crown Crafting Motif: Minotaur Style
Crown Crafting Motif: Order Hour Style
Dro-m’Athra Senche
Dro-m’Athra Senche Cub
Dwarven Master Miter
Dwarven Spiked Miter
Dwemeri Tonal Attenuator
Dwemervamiduim Mirage
Elven Hero Armor
Gorne Striped Wolf
Mossy Netch Calf
Nchuleft Tonal Visor
Nord Hero Armor
Pale Velothi Guar
Statue of Masked Clavicus Vile with Barbas
Tapestry, Clavicus Vile

Epic rewards
Anvil Sunset Eyeshadow
Blooming Bouquet Hat
Blue-Cap Shroom Shalk
Deep-Moss Ash Hopper
Deep Elf Goggle-Horn
Dwarf-Style Sun Goggles
Dwarven Crested Hood
Dwarven Tonal Forks
Dwarven Visor Mitter
Fennec Fox
Green Narsis Guar
Megenta Rainbow Hair
Molag Armur Cliff Strider
Ninendava Sacred Goat
Tangerine Spike Eyeshadow
Tuxedo Vvardvark
White-Gold Eyeshadow
White River Braids

Superior rewards
Ashlander Kagesh Tribe Armor
Ashlander Mabrigash Hunt Clothes
Ashlander Mabrigash Travel Wear
Bal Foyen Nix.Hound
Classic Ordinator Armor
Crimson Garden Flower Hat
Dwarf-Style Brow Shields
Dwarven Puzzle Orb
Dwemeri Monocular Contrivance
Hand of Amalexia Uniform
Nedic Duraki Armor
Nedic Keptu Armor
Nedic Perena Armor
Ordinator Night-Raid Armor
Sadrith Mora Quilted Snood

The Fine and Common reward categories remain unchanged.

Edited by ZOS_KaiSchober on June 22, 2017 1:58PM
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or the link is sending you to a wrong page?
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Page Not Found. :(
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same problem for me
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The showcase doesn't appear at all on the announcement page yet. Such a tease, Jessica!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    The showcase doesn't appear at all on the announcement page yet. Such a tease, Jessica!

My guess is it's there but not published to the general public yet. Easy mistake to make, depending on what framework your website is running on.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phew, another season where nothing I want got locked behind gambling. That's really a relief.

My heart goes to the people who want the mounts that are not even purchasable with Crown Gems, though.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In addition to the Apex rewards listed above, you may also reveal one of these very rare mounts, which are currently only obtainable as a reward from a Dwarven Crown Crate:

So now we have the ultra-Apex mounts not being purchasable via crown gems?

Nice try ZOS! Your greed is limitless.

Where is the end of all this...

:rage:
  • h1m7
    h1m7
    Soul Shriven
    where is ebony epidermis skin? :/
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    In addition to the Apex rewards listed above, you may also reveal one of these very rare mounts, which are currently only obtainable as a reward from a Dwarven Crown Crate:

This is ridiculous. What's next? Limited time (3 day) crates? With no gem refund or purchase option? This is terrible.
    Abeille wrote: »
    Phew, another season where nothing I want got locked behind gambling. That's really a relief.

My heart goes to the people who want the mounts that are not even purchasable with Crown Gems, though.

@Abeille I want all the goats like you want black hair :'( This is terrible.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that's a bummer to hear. ZOS gonna ZO$.
    PC-NA
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

This is ridiculous. What's next? Limited time (3 day) crates? With no gem refund or purchase option? This is terrible.

I'm very sorry. Maybe in the free crate that came with Morrowind's preorder?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

I'm very sorry. Maybe in the free crate that came with Morrowind's preorder?

I got an ugly toque.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The legs on the horse look terrible. Nope, my crowns will not be spent this day.
    NA PS4
  • Jacen_Veron
    Jacen_Veron
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe they locked the hero armors behind this awful system.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fine and Common reward categories remain unchanged.
    You said that last time, and yet there were four new poison cards in the Common category that were in Wild Hunt crates and not Storm Atronach. Are you sure that there are no changes to Fine and Common?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hero armor was already available for direct purchase. Everything returning to the store, of that variety, will be in Crates. Otherwise, no one will buy them.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pictures of all the goodies somewhere?
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a bit much. I buy the crates or at least enough to get the senche mount, but making a new mount that can't even be gotten with Gems is a stretch. Seriously ZOS? I spend a ton of rlm on this game, but this is getting out of hand. I can't even begin to defend this.
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who had everything out of the prior two crates, i intended on doing the same here. However, those exclusively crate non gem buyable mounts....not happy.

"In addition to the Apex rewards listed above, you may also reveal one of these very rare mounts, which are currently only obtainable as a reward from a Dwarven Crown Crate:"

Do you mean gamble now get lucky but in a few weeks/months we can just buy them flat out? This desperately needs clarity. RNG crates were a slippery slope already, one i was tolerant of, but i guess my tolerance was taken advantage of :(
    Edited by aisriyth_ESO on June 22, 2017 3:14PM
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I propose the Annual-Mega-Ultra-Apex. Each Season you can get one token - only in the crate of course - and after four tokens ... one year - you can assemble/fuse the mount!

Never has anything been more exclusive!
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who had everything out of the prior two crates, i intended on doing the same here. However, those exclusively crate non gem buyable mounts....not happy.

"In addition to the Apex rewards listed above, you may also reveal one of these very rare mounts, which are currently only obtainable as a reward from a Dwarven Crown Crate:"

Do you mean gamble now get lucky but in a few weeks/months we can just buy them flat out? This desperately needs clarity.

It means you cannot exchange crown gems for them, but they are leaving their options open and not saying one way or another whether they will ever be available in any other way.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • BlackHoney
    BlackHoney
    Soul Shriven

Hero armor was already available for direct purchase. Everything returning to the store, of that variety, will be in Crates. Otherwise, no one will buy them.

Yea, no.

New, or returning players that missed getting the first time, will buy them.
    I keep swinging my hand through a swarm of bees
    I can't understand why they're stinging me
    But I'll do what I want
    I'll do what I please
    I'll do it again till I've got what I need
  • Rawreak Rovyre
    Rawreak Rovyre
    ✭✭✭
    Excited I pulled the Adamant Dwarven Horse (pictured) from my bonus Morrowind crown crate. It's probably quite literally the only thing I would have gambled for in these crates. And yes, I love it. It's my favorite, all-day mount.

Haters gonna hate.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NesNes wrote: »
    Excited I pulled the Adamant Dwarven Horse (pictured) from my bonus Morrowind crown crate. It's probably quite literally the only thing I would have gambled for in these crates. And yes, I love it. It's my favorite, all-day mount.

Haters gonna hate.

Yeah ... well ... you know all mounts are grey in the dark! Hah, that showed you.

:D

• aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Do you mean gamble now get lucky but in a few weeks/months we can just buy them flat out? This desperately needs clarity.

It means you cannot exchange crown gems for them, but they are leaving their options open and not saying one way or another whether they will ever be available in any other way.

I know that, i don't enjoy the idea they may be limited to the crates or they may show up later. As someone who obsessive compulsive completionist having this just is frustrating.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that, i don't enjoy the idea they may be limited to the crates or they may show up later. As someone who obsessive compulsive completionist having this just is frustrating.

Zos isn't trying to help anyone, that's for sure.

"Maybe" it will be buyable with gems later. "Maybe" it will come to the crown store late.

They won't tell anyone because they want you to spend a large sum of money trying to get them from crates.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Abeille it's getting increasingly difficult for me D:

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

@Abeille it's getting increasingly difficult for me D:

I was lucky most things I needed to complete my characters were released before crates were a thing. Now it is more like, "oh I would have impulse-bought it but since it is locked in a crate then I guess I'll keep my crowns". That's the case with the braided hair style. It doesn't really fit my characters but I like braids.

Meet my characters:

• Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, as if it wasn't enough that some people spend literally hundreds of dollars on this sham, they now made it even worse for them. I know that it's only cosmetic reskins and whatnot, but I really hate the idea that something you might want is locked behind a lottery system. I mean it could be a neat idea to have on the side, if it was still possible to buy things individually, like maybe having the mounts be 2.5k crowns, but then you you buy 4 boxes for 1.5k and get lucky. I know that the gems sort of let you do that, but you do have to invest into the lottery bs in first place to get any <.< I think it's incredible how this exploitive system is still here though, but I guess with them also charging a separate fullgame price for the Morrowind dlc they won't let up and will just continue down the path of money > happy customers.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so happy the only thing I want is a small cheep item :) these last two seasons have been killer on my funds. To much to fast!