Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does this bother you at all?

CMFan1966
CMFan1966
✭✭✭✭✭
So you are just contentedly fighting your mob/world boss/enemy/whatever you call it and some random player just comes up and starts fighting the mob with you. Does it bother you or are you grateful for the help?

I don't ask this because I'm bothered by it....usually I am extremely grateful for the help. I ask because if I see a fight, I'll usually try to help in some way. No one has ever said anything to me about it, but I've often wondered if my doing that annoys people. My main is a Templar so sometimes I'll just stand there and heal. Other times I jump into the fight feet first.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind it,

it can help if you're on a reroll

so i sually see it with a good eye
  • slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually dont mind. Except when im in a delve and some AoE spamming DPS starts steamrolling through.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only time I absolute detest it is when I grind for XP and 3-76ppl come to "help" me gain 12 XP out of possible 2k.
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the situation. Usually I don't really mind some other player joining the fight against a delve boss or some random mobs. I don't need the help but hey, they get xp, I get xp, everything's fine. I join the fight of others too, but only if their health gets really low and it looks like they are about to die.
    Only when I fight a quest boss and some max level moron steps in and kills them in two hits, completely ruining the quest and my mood, then I am extremely anoyed.
    PC EU
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does.
    ksing.

I wish there was open world pvp and pk system.

Justice system plz.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is killstealing, but in eso its not as bad as other mmo's
    so for me, doesn't really bother me, cause im maxed cp, but someone who needs to earn champion points probably get angry about you doing that.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also main a Templar and I have a weird compulsion to heal random battling players. But I usually only rush in to help if I see their health dip below half.

So far, no one has sent me an angry text over it.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't bother me at all, the loot is per player and the experience was likely meaningless.

I generally help others if I see them, although if it's a low level character I see and I'm playing a high level one I tend to hold back my damage so of it's a new player they get the experience an actual fight.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm grateful for the help.
    The only time I don't like it is when a high-level rushes through and kills a major quest boss or dungeon boss before I even have a chance to get a hit in (when I'm not grouped with them), so then I have to wait for it to respawn if I want credit for killing it. That stinks.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only get upset when I'm fighting a mob near a chest I want and then some guys runs up while I'm fighting to takes the chest ugh. But other then that any help is nice makes it faster and I can go on with my grind/farm
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the number of people
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally doesn't bother me if someone passing by jumps in and helps me kill the foes - while I might get less xp, I usually am not xp grinding on mobs anyways so meh. I personally tend to leave other players alone in their fights, unless I see them go under half health... in which case I jump in and try to save them.

Unlike a lot of other/older MMO's, xp & loot is given to everyone who participated, so everyone gains something. In other/older MMO's mobs can either be tagged and/or the xp/loot goes to those who do the most damage... so it's too easy for someone to come along and killsteal everything from you if they can AoE everything faster then you and/or do damage way faster than you can.

About the only time I get annoyed by others is if I've just entered a quest zone/area with mobs... and some others come in aoe'ing them all down before I can even get a hit in on them. As this obviously means no xp or loot for me - and while it might not be much, I'm not super high on Champion Points or super rich gold wise... so I do like to try and get some xp & loot from mobs as I quest *shrugs* (especially on under 50 toons).
    o_O
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you are getting your butt kicked, would you want to get free heals from others or let them watch you die?
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I´m in a public dungeon, making my way to the first boss-location and ten people spamming AoE pass me by, killing every possible boss (the ones with the looooooooooong respawn-timers) before I even get the chance to touch it, I´m pissed because I have to wait. But, hey, the bosses will eventually return and so it´s no big deal.
    In the outdoors I´m usually greatful, because it saves me time and in nine out of ten cases it´s just one of those annoying "I´m placed here to slow you down on your way to your objective"-mobs.
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you are getting your butt kicked, would you want to get free heals from others or let them watch you die?

Give me the free heals every day of the year!!!
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm grateful.

Sometimes in PvP or on a WB, a random somebody will decide I need personal bodyguarding - that happened a lot when I was doing heals - and I'm grateful to that guy too.

And the CP 999 player who waits for thirty seconds at the delve boss for others to catch up and get in a hit before he vaporizes it? <3 Thanks.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Ostaradoe
    Ostaradoe
    ✭✭✭
    Always appreciated and I always try to help others.

I actually love it when doing a public dungeon or delve, WB or whatever and another player synchs up with me, we end up waiting for each other and working together without saying a word. That's the beauty of MMO's like this.

However if I see someone racing through and trying to get ahead of others to make the kills on their own I leave them to it.
  • Tecorsuh
    Tecorsuh
    ✭✭
    Depends on the person really. Whether they care about it or not, there is no harm done; Exp is shared by people who did significant damage to the mob, and loot is distributed on a per player basis.

The only time I use to get upset at people for attacking mobs that I am is when I was grinding exp. It is pretty obvious if someone is grinding exp. They tend to gather up as many mobs as they possibly can and AoE them down. When I use to do overland grinding with my wife, it would just *** us off when we would get a large pull of mobs and a group of "idiots" would run in and AoE our pull of mobs down. Literally no exp for anyone when that happens. Seriously, if the example group of mobs would normally give us 10k exp, it would get cut down to 2-3k or less if a group of people were to "help" us. Now imagine that group following you around and tagging every group you pull. We don't do any overland grinding anymore though, so yeah I don't really care if someone attacks mobs that I am.

If you don't know the sweet spot for exp gained to number of people is 2. 1 person gains a standard amount of exp. 2 people get a bit of a bonus to the exp. 3 people get less than standard exp. A group of 6 people cuts the exp down significantly. A group of 12 almost cuts it down to almost nil. Exception being dolmens because you're awarded an activity completed experience, not just mob experience.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nope, let them exp too :smiley:
  • SlappyThePoptart
    SlappyThePoptart
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really mind normally, but if I was there for an extended period of time, slowly chipping away at a boss, determined to kill it, and a group of 5 randomly shows up and nukes it, I'll be a bit upset.
    For the Aldmeri Pact of Daggerfall!
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind at all actually. I did buy an MMO title after all. I'm not even botherd by the cowards that take a particular node I'm fighting 6 angry mobs to get myself anymore*. I just lol and keep going. :p

Edit*
    Edited by Idinuse on June 19, 2017 7:45AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really mind normally, but if I was there for an extended period of time, slowly chipping away at a boss, determined to kill it, and a group of 5 randomly shows up and nukes it, I'll be a bit upset.

That name gets an awesome. :)
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh.

I do that too, sometimes... when someone is fighting in my path, and I don't want to wait, I just hop in, help them finish the fight quick, and move on.
    Other times, I may just walk past and leave them to their fight. Depends on the mood and how easy it is to go past. And if I am on a levelling character (Grab de expees!) or one of my endgame characters (Eh, I am over CP cap already...)

Sometimes it happens to me as well, and I just ignore it. Not worth wasting energy thinking about.

The annoying ones are when its some miniboss I really want to kill myself for story purposes, or a tougher fight I wanted to solo... but hey, that's part of the package for an MMO world. If it is importnat to me, I can always want until respawn and do it again... and if I don't feel like waiting, it wasn't important.
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help is good... usually.
    But it's annoying when you was fighting for long time alone - and then somebody comes practically to make last strike. Or close last pinion at Anchor. I like to do it myself, especially if I did all the work!

Uninvited help is annoying even more if it makes fight much more difficult. Don't know how all this works now, didn't have such situations recently, but some time ago absolutely-not-liking-pvp-me wanted to kill one "helper". Very much wanted.
    I was fighting world boss. My clannfear was playing his usual role of tank, I was dealing damage, twilight was doing what she can (I believe that, although often I don't know even if she is fighting some enemy or just reading Lusty Argonian Maid and polishing nails while I'm distracted), it was long, boring and quite difficult, but I could do it alone, my health even didn't fall low, and boss had already half or even third.
    And then somebody low level came. 12 level or somewhat like that (I was not top, but quite high).
    Boss immediately forgot about clannfear - he paid attention to his most dangerous enemy.
    Me.
    As - at least at that moment - always were when I was fighting world bosses together with somebody of lower level. That's not the role I used to (I became sorcerer not for getting something sharp and heavy right into my face!), and that boss was beating hard and painfully. I died quickly.
    And what about my uninvited companion? He died even faster. Usually people resurrect and tries to fight again - well, they at least want to defeat enemy, and I have nothing against them.
    But he resurrected at place and... run away.
    And I had to start all over again.
    Edited by Enemoriana on June 19, 2017 7:21AM
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends. Generally I recognize I don't have a personal ownership of the mobs(and not like it matters anyway unless I'm grinding for xp which I hate doing), but sometimes...it really is annoying when you line up for a perfect WB solo, pack up all the ads nicely for dat destro ulti, then a random runs in and pulls the boss and half the ads right out of it just to promptly die x_x I realize that's not their intention, nor is it their fault if they're just new lowbie players but it really gets annoying. Just happened on a WB in Vvardenfell, a couple lowbies ran it and pulled everything out of 2 destro ultis in a row just to die right after XD Then res and proceed to run around trying to get away from boss, successfully pulling him out of all my ground dots. On actually challenging fights an unexperienced player is often more of a hindrance than a help unfortunately, even though it might seem otherwise at first sight.

My absolute favourite so far was on the healing ogre boss in Wrothgar shortly after its launch - me and a friend grouped up to duo it, was no small feat back then but we were doing it, slow but steady, had the boss halfway down after maybe 10 mins...then a zerg of 12+ shows up...runs in, freaks out at the damage and runs away, pulling the boss with them...we /yell at them to stop running but it's too late - the boss resets...it was such an epic /facepalm moment lol.
    Edited by Magdalina on June 19, 2017 7:19AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't help lower level players who are fighting mobs because I kill mobs with 2-3 light attacks. There is nothing fun about someone walking in on their fight and one-shotting the mob they were working hard to defeat.

If it's a world boss, I'll usually jump in since those are challenging enough that my presence won't take away from the other player's fun.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 19, 2017 9:44AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is always grateful when a fellow traveller is willing to help out.

This one will also help out also. There is no loss and only gain to be found in helping others.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When farming for gold in public dungeons, don't touch my trash mobs! :angry:
    But I'll gladly see you at every boss, so I can get some stuff without my armor having to suffer for it <3
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does.
    ksing.

I wish there was open world pvp and pk system.

Justice system plz.

I steal kills.

People in random dungeons don't seem to mind sorc players that can help win them the fight and the XP.

If I find 'random group' farming a world boss, then yes, I walk right in and throw everything that I can at it. I die and revive at least five times during the fight and normally walk away with the kill. Sometimes I don't. I don't do the same spot twice, I move on. Several random 'group friends' have dumped me mid-play as they weren't winning anything. So, I don't play that way anymore;
    Some important facts:
    • Gameplay has been knobbled to lower the effects of my chosen character, so it's FAIR NOW.
    • If you keep being beaten, then maybe YOU made a mistake in what you chose as a character; or its configuration
    • This is the ONLY thing that I ever win; so GFY.

on the 'Justice system'. Sure. I would nail every Palomino-riding Gandalfnnnnn that sprints in to steal what resource node I have just arrived at; or die trying. Good luck, it's already the 'lawless west' now.

L2P
    canIhaveyourstuff?
    inb4lok

...et al
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    CMFan1966 wrote: »
    So you are just contentedly fighting your mob/world boss/enemy/whatever you call it and some random player just comes up and starts fighting the mob with you. Does it bother you or are you grateful for the help?

I don't ask this because I'm bothered by it....usually I am extremely grateful for the help. I ask because if I see a fight, I'll usually try to help in some way. No one has ever said anything to me about it, but I've often wondered if my doing that annoys people. My main is a Templar so sometimes I'll just stand there and heal. Other times I jump into the fight feet first.

What really ticks me off is discussion titles that don't actually reveal the topic.
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.