Maintenance for the week of December 9:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 9,  4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)

Rage quit kills BG

  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    I'll quit a BG match. But my rage is over being 4v4v2 and being on the 2 player team. I'll just take the penalty, but quit right as it starts. I have no desire to just get destroyed and respawn over and over for 12-15 minutes. I'll take the penalty and be done with BGs for the rest of the night.

    I find battlegrounds themselves to be fun games, win or lose, when the teams have even numbers. But the queue system is total garbage. So much so that it basically ruins the entire experience.
    Edited by SPE825 on June 15, 2017 7:40PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just do what overwatch does, after there's a leaver and some time passes you have the option to leave and receive a loss but no penalty. This satisfies everyone, you can carry on the match for your medals and those that don't want to fight 4v4v2/3 can leave and enter a new queue without getting screw by the leaved who actually ruined the match.
    PC NA
    @lexxypwns
    Xbox NA
    GT: Champion Points
    GT: Crown Crates

    Mageblade main
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnteCoyote wrote: »
    I got into a 2v2v2 deathmatch with a healer, and my guy is pretty tanky but doesn't have a ton of burst damage. I got up to around 300 points, which took a while with so few players to kill and being the only person doing any killing, before one of the teams rage quit and I got absolutely nothing for my effort.

    Salty people shouldn't have the ability to deny the two other teams any sort of reward. Give them the leave penalty, but leave the match going. The other two teams don't deserve to get nothing for their effort.

    They are not putting in any effort. So they deserve no reward.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    AnteCoyote wrote: »
    I got into a 2v2v2 deathmatch with a healer, and my guy is pretty tanky but doesn't have a ton of burst damage. I got up to around 300 points, which took a while with so few players to kill and being the only person doing any killing, before one of the teams rage quit and I got absolutely nothing for my effort.

    Salty people shouldn't have the ability to deny the two other teams any sort of reward. Give them the leave penalty, but leave the match going. The other two teams don't deserve to get nothing for their effort.

    They are not putting in any effort. So they deserve no reward.

    No personal offense, but those are the arguments of a someone without a single grain of competitive mindset. You can easily get more points in BGs being outnumbered than the winning team. Easily. Every single time.

    The other important thing is, it`s simply not up to you to decide who deserves what. If we would go on and create our own arbitrary rules then I would have to leave every game involving stam proc sets. They don't deserve any reward either. Some other guy might have the idea that the simple fact he's losing is reason enough to think the enemy deserves no reward. So, if we all leave games to deny our enemies their reward based on our personal preference we willl never ever have a good game anymore.

    [snip]

    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on June 16, 2017 3:28PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    AnteCoyote wrote: »
    I got into a 2v2v2 deathmatch with a healer, and my guy is pretty tanky but doesn't have a ton of burst damage. I got up to around 300 points, which took a while with so few players to kill and being the only person doing any killing, before one of the teams rage quit and I got absolutely nothing for my effort.

    Salty people shouldn't have the ability to deny the two other teams any sort of reward. Give them the leave penalty, but leave the match going. The other two teams don't deserve to get nothing for their effort.

    They are not putting in any effort. So they deserve no reward.

    No personal offense, but those are the arguments of a scrub without a single grain of competitive mindset. You can easily get more points in BGs being outnumbered than the winning team. Easily. Every single time.

    The other important thing is, it`s simply not up to you to decide who deserves what. If we would go on and create our own arbitrary rules then I would have to leave every game involving stam proc sets. They don't deserve any reward either. Some other guy might have the idea that the simple fact he's losing is reason enough to think the enemy deserves no reward. So, if we all leave games to deny our enemies their reward based on our personal preference we willl never ever have a good game anymore.

    "No personal offense, but here is me saying something personally offensive". No clue why still no warning.

    Anyways, no you're wrong. When you are left alone and you aren't better than average to begin with, you can't win outnumbered. Good for you that you can take on premades with teamspeak solo, I guess?

    I agree, they don't. And when I stay outnumbered, who do you think are most of my opponents? Right, stam builds with proc sets. And no, in this case it's not up to me but also not up to you to decide who deserves what. It's up to zos. And they decided. It's not us creating arbitrary rules. It's the rule enforced by ZOS - if the game doesn't have enough players, then it has to be ended asap so the players can restart.

    Not sure what you don't like about it. I thought most PvPers like competitive games, so they would like not to waste time on games with uneven teams when they can start a new, balanced game asap.

    How am I the problem? And why am I supposed to be a solution? And solution to what if right now there is no problem. Not in rules and rewards, at least.
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on June 16, 2017 3:29PM
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Artis wrote: »
    AnteCoyote wrote: »
    I got into a 2v2v2 deathmatch with a healer, and my guy is pretty tanky but doesn't have a ton of burst damage. I got up to around 300 points, which took a while with so few players to kill and being the only person doing any killing, before one of the teams rage quit and I got absolutely nothing for my effort.

    Salty people shouldn't have the ability to deny the two other teams any sort of reward. Give them the leave penalty, but leave the match going. The other two teams don't deserve to get nothing for their effort.

    They are not putting in any effort. So they deserve no reward.

    No personal offense, but those are the arguments of a scrub without a single grain of competitive mindset. You can easily get more points in BGs being outnumbered than the winning team. Easily. Every single time.

    The other important thing is, it`s simply not up to you to decide who deserves what. If we would go on and create our own arbitrary rules then I would have to leave every game involving stam proc sets. They don't deserve any reward either. Some other guy might have the idea that the simple fact he's losing is reason enough to think the enemy deserves no reward. So, if we all leave games to deny our enemies their reward based on our personal preference we willl never ever have a good game anymore.

    You are the problem, not the solution. And your excuses make you look weak.

    And no, in this case it's not up to me but also not up to you to decide who deserves what. It's up to zos.

    Not sure what you don't like about it. I thought most PvPers like competitive games, so they would like not to waste time on games with uneven teams when they can start a new, balanced game asap.
    I think you don't get it or pretend to do it.
    When player press "leave group" HE decide to leave other players without reward. He shouldn't be able to do that.

    And it happens. In even teams. How many times we need to repeat before you will realise that we are talking about e v e n t e a m s? Even teams. Even teams. Even fights. 2*2*2. 3*3*3.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StereoLiz wrote: »
    Artis wrote: »
    Artis wrote: »
    AnteCoyote wrote: »
    I got into a 2v2v2 deathmatch with a healer, and my guy is pretty tanky but doesn't have a ton of burst damage. I got up to around 300 points, which took a while with so few players to kill and being the only person doing any killing, before one of the teams rage quit and I got absolutely nothing for my effort.

    Salty people shouldn't have the ability to deny the two other teams any sort of reward. Give them the leave penalty, but leave the match going. The other two teams don't deserve to get nothing for their effort.

    They are not putting in any effort. So they deserve no reward.

    No personal offense, but those are the arguments of a scrub without a single grain of competitive mindset. You can easily get more points in BGs being outnumbered than the winning team. Easily. Every single time.

    The other important thing is, it`s simply not up to you to decide who deserves what. If we would go on and create our own arbitrary rules then I would have to leave every game involving stam proc sets. They don't deserve any reward either. Some other guy might have the idea that the simple fact he's losing is reason enough to think the enemy deserves no reward. So, if we all leave games to deny our enemies their reward based on our personal preference we willl never ever have a good game anymore.

    You are the problem, not the solution. And your excuses make you look weak.

    And no, in this case it's not up to me but also not up to you to decide who deserves what. It's up to zos.

    Not sure what you don't like about it. I thought most PvPers like competitive games, so they would like not to waste time on games with uneven teams when they can start a new, balanced game asap.
    I think you don't get it or pretend to do it.
    When player press "leave group" HE decide to leave other players without reward. He shouldn't be able to do that.

    And it happens. In even teams. How many times we need to repeat before you will realise that we are talking about e v e n t e a m s? Even teams. Even teams. Even fights. 2*2*2. 3*3*3.

    Um I just wanted to chime in here. Ok I see all points of the agruement.

    Now after saying that. You are talking 2v2v2 and 3v3v3 matches. And in those even matches fine agree you shouldn't be punished by salty players. It just no fun. Ok yes I agree.

    Ok however out all all of my personal BG matches say 15. I've only personally seen 2 maybe 3 after the 2 minutes that had equal players on all teams. So at least in my experience and from what I read on these forums about others experience. These even matches that you claim you and your pre made are getting into. Simply is a rarity in our eyes. Also you say the victims that are quiting these very unbalanced match that people like you and your group or clearly exploiting is the problem.

    Now look at it from our point of view. You guys know that the game creates more so then not uneven matches. Most of my matches. I was facing 4 man pre made teams with 1 or 2 other players on my team and either the same on the 3rd team. And my favorite one was the match I was in when. I was on a team of only other facing off against two 4 man pre made teams.

    Bad enoth if we was to quite that match.We would have to face a timer, because we clearly got the short end of the stick to begin with. We was thrown to the lions for people like you to exploit. Then you have the nerve to complain about us leaving the match? Honestly however instead of only being interested in farming easy wins in BGs. You actually come at it with a competitive mindset. Because right now all I hear is... "Whaaaaa whaaaa whaaa, ZOS please give us free rewards for no effort outside of queuing with a pre made."

    If I was you I'd stop while you are a head more so now. When 9 times out of 10 matches. Look like this.

    TSfIgfX.png

    XIISbtF.png

    Can't tell if you are just fishing tears. Or if you are just that much of salty non competitive prick. Who feels self entitled to waste other people's time because they want to exploit the system but fails. So they complain about other players in unfair matches they are trying exploit leaveing, thus granting them no rewards. So in the end that actually only leave people like you salty.

    If you just want rewards for winning no effort matches like the one I linked above. Then just say that. Be honest with your self, because let me tell you. You sure are not fooling many others here. More so the actual competitive gamers who frequent these forums.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on June 16, 2017 12:00PM
    Hope is Nothing More, than a Postponed Disappointment
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StereoLiz wrote: »
    Artis wrote: »
    Artis wrote: »
    AnteCoyote wrote: »
    I got into a 2v2v2 deathmatch with a healer, and my guy is pretty tanky but doesn't have a ton of burst damage. I got up to around 300 points, which took a while with so few players to kill and being the only person doing any killing, before one of the teams rage quit and I got absolutely nothing for my effort.

    Salty people shouldn't have the ability to deny the two other teams any sort of reward. Give them the leave penalty, but leave the match going. The other two teams don't deserve to get nothing for their effort.

    They are not putting in any effort. So they deserve no reward.

    No personal offense, but those are the arguments of a scrub without a single grain of competitive mindset. You can easily get more points in BGs being outnumbered than the winning team. Easily. Every single time.

    The other important thing is, it`s simply not up to you to decide who deserves what. If we would go on and create our own arbitrary rules then I would have to leave every game involving stam proc sets. They don't deserve any reward either. Some other guy might have the idea that the simple fact he's losing is reason enough to think the enemy deserves no reward. So, if we all leave games to deny our enemies their reward based on our personal preference we willl never ever have a good game anymore.

    You are the problem, not the solution. And your excuses make you look weak.

    And no, in this case it's not up to me but also not up to you to decide who deserves what. It's up to zos.

    Not sure what you don't like about it. I thought most PvPers like competitive games, so they would like not to waste time on games with uneven teams when they can start a new, balanced game asap.
    I think you don't get it or pretend to do it.
    When player press "leave group" HE decide to leave other players without reward. He shouldn't be able to do that.

    And it happens. In even teams. How many times we need to repeat before you will realise that we are talking about e v e n t e a m s? Even teams. Even teams. Even fights. 2*2*2. 3*3*3.

    Um I just wanted to chime in here. Ok I see all points of the agruement.

    Now after saying that. You are talking 2v2v2 and 3v3v3 matches. And in those even matches fine agree you shouldn't be punished by salty players. It just no fun. Ok yes I agree.

    Ok however out all all of my personal BG matches say 15. I've only personally seen 2 maybe 3 after the 2 minutes that had equal players on all teams. So at least in my experience and from what I read on these forums about others experience. These even matches that you claim you and your pre made are getting into. Simply is a rarity in our eyes. Also you say the victims that are quiting these very unbalanced match that people like you and your group or clearly exploiting is the problem.

    Now look at it from our point of view. You guys know that the game creates more so then not uneven matches. Most of my matches. I was facing 4 man pre made teams with 1 or 2 other players on my team and either the same on the 3rd team. And my favorite one was the match I was in when. I was on a team of only other facing off against two 4 man pre made teams.

    Bad enoth if we was to quite that match.We would have to face a timer, because we clearly got the short end of the stick to begin with. We was thrown to the lions for people like you to exploit. Then you have the nerve to complain about us leaving the match? Honestly however instead of only being interested in farming easy wins in BGs. You actually come at it with a competitive mindset. Because right now all I hear is... "Whaaaaa whaaaa whaaa, ZOS please give us free rewards for no effort outside of queuing with a pre made."

    If I was you I'd stop while you are a head more so now. When 9 times out of 10 matches. Look like this.

    TSfIgfX.png

    XIISbtF.png

    Can't tell if you are just fishing tears. Or if you are just that much of salty non competitive prick. Who feels self entitled to waste other people's time because they want to exploit the system but fails. So they complain about other players in unfair matches they are trying exploit leaveing, thus granting them no rewards. So in the end that actually only leave people like you salty.

    If you just want rewards for winning no effort matches like the one I linked above. Then just say that. Be honest with your self, because let me tell you. You sure are not fooling many others here. More so the actual competitive gamers who frequent these forums.

    What on earth makes you believe that other people don't experience the same when GROUP Q IS NOT WORKING. We all have those situations. Out of my 100+ bg matches I have queued exactly 4 times in a group. 2 out of those 4 times were never ending Q sessions without a single game happening. Means 96+% of my matches are solo Q. And still I would never leave a game to deny my opponents their victory. They don't deserve to be punished for a faulty system even more since they suffer exactly the same experience I do. Why would I derstroy the little fun we can have at the moment, no matter the side im on?

    You are conveniently putting yourself into the position of a victim and point fingers when EVERYONE is in the same boat. You even go as far to label other people who solo Q as exploiters because they happen to be placed in a larger group then yours? Are you serious?

    Why are you separating posters in this thread into "us" and "them"? Everyone suffers the same problem, we just switch to whatever seat the flawed system puts us in. And you want to blame your opposition? Show some respect to your felllow gamers and grow a spine, Mr. FearlessOne.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    AAbrigo wrote: »
    They need to remove the mechanic that disbands the whole thing because one person is solo. A match should never start with a 4v2v1. However, you can still get medals and rewards for finishing the match, which is probably half over by the time these cowards quit anyways.

    Let them abandon me, but allow the rest of the teams and I to finish. The current mechanic gives leverage to "me first" rage quitters they don't deserve.

    Seriously, you're better off refusing to fight and chilling in your base instead of quitting and wrecking the experience for everybody else.

    So you actually thinks anyone wanna spend 15 min in their own base because of premade groups?

    Until they fix the balance in team there will be rage quitters

    I stayed in my own base when it became 1v2v4. Not gonna get ran over by 4 players chasing me around the map

    In a 4 v 3 v 2 the 4 and 3 team need to note who the 2 is and avoid overkilling them. In my experience the 4 and 3 teams both focus the 2 team trying to get easy points which leads to a ragequit.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StereoLiz wrote: »
    Artis wrote: »
    Artis wrote: »
    AnteCoyote wrote: »
    I got into a 2v2v2 deathmatch with a healer, and my guy is pretty tanky but doesn't have a ton of burst damage. I got up to around 300 points, which took a while with so few players to kill and being the only person doing any killing, before one of the teams rage quit and I got absolutely nothing for my effort.

    Salty people shouldn't have the ability to deny the two other teams any sort of reward. Give them the leave penalty, but leave the match going. The other two teams don't deserve to get nothing for their effort.

    They are not putting in any effort. So they deserve no reward.

    No personal offense, but those are the arguments of a scrub without a single grain of competitive mindset. You can easily get more points in BGs being outnumbered than the winning team. Easily. Every single time.

    The other important thing is, it`s simply not up to you to decide who deserves what. If we would go on and create our own arbitrary rules then I would have to leave every game involving stam proc sets. They don't deserve any reward either. Some other guy might have the idea that the simple fact he's losing is reason enough to think the enemy deserves no reward. So, if we all leave games to deny our enemies their reward based on our personal preference we willl never ever have a good game anymore.

    You are the problem, not the solution. And your excuses make you look weak.

    And no, in this case it's not up to me but also not up to you to decide who deserves what. It's up to zos.

    Not sure what you don't like about it. I thought most PvPers like competitive games, so they would like not to waste time on games with uneven teams when they can start a new, balanced game asap.
    I think you don't get it or pretend to do it.
    When player press "leave group" HE decide to leave other players without reward. He shouldn't be able to do that.

    And it happens. In even teams. How many times we need to repeat before you will realise that we are talking about e v e n t e a m s? Even teams. Even teams. Even fights. 2*2*2. 3*3*3.

    Um I just wanted to chime in here. Ok I see all points of the agruement.

    Now after saying that. You are talking 2v2v2 and 3v3v3 matches. And in those even matches fine agree you shouldn't be punished by salty players. It just no fun. Ok yes I agree.

    Ok however out all all of my personal BG matches say 15. I've only personally seen 2 maybe 3 after the 2 minutes that had equal players on all teams. So at least in my experience and from what I read on these forums about others experience. These even matches that you claim you and your pre made are getting into. Simply is a rarity in our eyes. Also you say the victims that are quiting these very unbalanced match that people like you and your group or clearly exploiting is the problem.

    Now look at it from our point of view. You guys know that the game creates more so then not uneven matches. Most of my matches. I was facing 4 man pre made teams with 1 or 2 other players on my team and either the same on the 3rd team. And my favorite one was the match I was in when. I was on a team of only other facing off against two 4 man pre made teams.

    Bad enoth if we was to quite that match.We would have to face a timer, because we clearly got the short end of the stick to begin with. We was thrown to the lions for people like you to exploit. Then you have the nerve to complain about us leaving the match? Honestly however instead of only being interested in farming easy wins in BGs. You actually come at it with a competitive mindset. Because right now all I hear is... "Whaaaaa whaaaa whaaa, ZOS please give us free rewards for no effort outside of queuing with a pre made."

    If I was you I'd stop while you are a head more so now. When 9 times out of 10 matches. Look like this.

    TSfIgfX.png

    XIISbtF.png

    Can't tell if you are just fishing tears. Or if you are just that much of salty non competitive prick. Who feels self entitled to waste other people's time because they want to exploit the system but fails. So they complain about other players in unfair matches they are trying exploit leaveing, thus granting them no rewards. So in the end that actually only leave people like you salty.

    If you just want rewards for winning no effort matches like the one I linked above. Then just say that. Be honest with your self, because let me tell you. You sure are not fooling many others here. More so the actual competitive gamers who frequent these forums.

    What on earth makes you believe that other people don't experience the same when GROUP Q IS NOT WORKING. We all have those situations. Out of my 100+ bg matches I have queued exactly 4 times in a group. 2 out of those 4 times were never ending Q sessions without a single game happening. Means 96+% of my matches are solo Q. And still I would never leave a game to deny my opponents their victory. They don't deserve to be punished for a faulty system even more since they suffer exactly the same experience I do. Why would I derstroy the little fun we can have at the moment, no matter the side im on?

    You are conveniently putting yourself into the position of a victim and point fingers when EVERYONE is in the same boat. You even go as far to label other people who solo Q as exploiters because they happen to be placed in a larger group then yours? Are you serious?

    Why are you separating posters in this thread into "us" and "them"? Everyone suffers the same problem, we just switch to whatever seat the flawed system puts us in. And you want to blame your opposition? Show some respect to your felllow gamers and grow a spine, Mr. FearlessOne.

    Ok one thank you for interesting response. Two thank you for either not reading, or completely misunderstanding what I have wrote prior. Finally three, I did grew a spine quite a few decades ago, might I add. Or else I would not be somewhat of a functional being.


    The screenshots do not tell any lies. What more do you want? Video evidence of that screenshot being repeated for 10 hours? I promise you the results will be nearly identical for a huge percentage of the matches.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on June 16, 2017 2:43PM
    Hope is Nothing More, than a Postponed Disappointment
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭

    The screenshots do not tell any lies. What more do you want?

    Lets take a look at my screenshots.
    38f67f8.png
    As you can see, I have some chances to win it solo. But I didn't even ask to continue match, I only asked to get my 550 medals for leaderbord. I have already earn it!

    These even matches that you claim you and your pre made are getting into.

    I have never been in BG in premade group. My friends and I tried to queue 3 or 4 times but never get inside, not a single time. So for me personally its 100% solo.
    And as quite expirienced pvp player I can tell that its very hard to meet premade group in enemy team. For obvious reason - queue finder just doesn't work for groups. When you die a lot may be you think that enemy is premade. But its not. Its not premade, its you being weak.

    And what is the profit in abandoning BG? You can fight and win even if you are outnumbered. Or, if you loose, you will get reward mail, XP, AP, achievment counter and finish bg quest anyway.
    0681266.png
    Edited by StereoLiz on June 16, 2017 3:25PM
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StereoLiz wrote: »
    I think you don't get it or pretend to do it.
    When player press "leave group" HE decide to leave other players without reward. He shouldn't be able to do that.

    And it happens. In even teams. How many times we need to repeat before you will realise that we are talking about e v e n t e a m s? Even teams. Even teams. Even fights. 2*2*2. 3*3*3.

    I think you don't get it or pretend to do it.
    When my teammate presses "leave group HE decides to leave me outnumbered without a chance to win or even have fun in general. I shouldn't be wasting my time and other teams shouldn't be getting any rewards.

    Yes, even fights and teams. They stop being even once 1 person leaves. If a game can't replace that person by somebody else waiting in the queue. If it can be done - the game goes on. No one is outnumbered and no one has to fight a weaker team and not have fun.

    If it can't be done - then the game has to be terminated. It's a win-win situation. Not sure what you are complaining about. Aren't you pvping to, you know , PvP? Then it's in YOUR interest to restart the game asap so you can fight more or less equal opponents.

    What do you care about? Rewards or getting rewarded for winning fair matches? Because so far, like someone else called you out above, it looks like you just want rewards. Then be honest and just say it. Don't expect a lot of support, though.

    I really don't get it. I once was on the other side - our team had more people than other two and all of us weren't that great to 1vX and so they just had no chance. It was extremely boring to be on the winning side. I just couldn't wait for the game to end. But for some reason it wouldn't (guess,not enough people left? idk). Why would a PvPer not want for such games to end asap so he could actually PvP. I don't understand.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When the fight is not
    StereoLiz wrote: »
    Typical situation in last couple days: After 2-3 minutes after BG round starts one team is obviously loosing in score and 1 or 2 players in this team rage qiut. When there is only 1 player left in this team, everybody gets message "not enough players" and get kicked from BG without chance to see final score, complete bg quest and receive medals for leaderboard. Yesterday this happened to me 4 times in row. Its very frustrating and seems unfair to me. I just waisted the half of my evening for nothing. Yes, I know that people who rage qiut gets 20 minutes penalty, but I think it's not enough punishment for ruining the game for another players. Also I understand that if penalty will be harder people who doesn't mean to rage qiut (random disconnect, for example) will suffer.
    I don't have easy solution to propose, but maybe consider at least option to see final score and receive medals.

    Some players don't " rage quit " because they are loosing in score , sometimes it's because they don't want to play a unbalanced fight ( 2v4v4 ) and they also don't want to give " free medals " to other players simply because the group tool is buggy .

    Some players have infinite load screen after their death ( i already had this ...and ONLY in battleground ! And i have a very good connection . ) and they can't do anything except " wait " the end of this infinite load screen or crash their games .

    So ... some players should not be " punish " simply because they " ruining the game for another players " because sometimes it's not their fault ... Sometimes it's juste the fault of zenimax ....
    Edited by Apherius on June 16, 2017 5:42PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never quit a BG

    The time already spent getting there and starting the match makes me want something in return, winning or losing.

    Some people may get disconnected like they do when they go into a bank or any other normal game function that causes a crash because Morrowind is new. Some may quit.

    If teams are 4v4v4, and one player disconnects, if that player can't get back into the match in time, forget it - put it all in the toilet and flush? This is cowardly. What are you afraid of? Unbalanced matches? Teabags? Just like CP isn't a good metric to judge skill, see if your two person group can wreck the other teams - if you can be just as competitive as the underdog, do you still want to quit and lose those potential bragging rights? I guess some people's pride blinds them from getting that far to begin with.

    People are saying they can't handle another player getting a purple wizards riposte ring because the set up was unfair? What did you lose? What is the damage done to you? Sure, the initial set up SNAFU is on ZOS. So are the random disconnects. Rage quitters having the ability to disband the whole match for 10-11 other people is wrong. You don't even know if their rng reward are worth caring about being jealous of in the first place, and will never know.

    Pride is causing this problem, not competition. This is why one player can't disband an entire pug dungeon group. Now in BGs, one person can ruin it for multiple people. That mechanic is wrong.

    I've won matches as the numerical underdog, and lost as the bigger group. Good thing the rest of the lobby could swallow their pride and just have fun for 15 minutes in those cases. I'm not defending the broken system, but I'm using it in a way that doesn't exacerbate the problem by sticking with it and finishing what we all set out to do.
    You can put any vehicle you want on the racetrack that is ESO, just don't blame anybody but yourself if your VW bus gets passed by a Ferrari.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people just want effortless rewards then that's fine. ZOS can just give these players all the rewards they want for a unfair match up. But to say the people on the receiving end. Which are already being victimized by ZOS and the bigger teams, to be used as farm animals for points, not PvP. Should simply be forced to stay in the match for 10 to 15 mins. Is just as silly in my books as a ProcBlade asking for more proc set buffs.

    This is the bottom line MATCHES SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT EVEN BEGIN WITH ANYTHING LESS THEN 4 PLAYERS ON EACH DAMN TEAM.

    Honestly speaking, I have never quit out of BG. However I have suffered so many that have utterly been waste of time and completely miserable. Add to the point that I actually paid $40 for this unbelievable up piece of crap. Has me honestly highly tempted to sell my 13 max CP 14 character slot account. I went from being a ZOS supporter to a down right victim of a false advertisement scam. There is no sugar coating what has happened. Me and other players was completely scammed.

    WP, Non Plus Ultra ZOS!
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on June 16, 2017 8:27PM
    Hope is Nothing More, than a Postponed Disappointment
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggested this on PTS too a while back, I think a more elegant solution, instead of making loser suffer harder, just put in a mercy mode where if one team is x% higher than any other team for a victory condition after 5 minutes, that team gets an automatic win if the % gap isn't closed in 2-3 minutes.

    This way everyone gets paid, nobody's time gets wasted, and everyone can play another round soon without penalty.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggested this on PTS too a while back, I think a more elegant solution, instead of making loser suffer harder, just put in a mercy mode where if one team is x% higher than any other team for a victory condition after 5 minutes, that team gets an automatic win if the % gap isn't closed in 2-3 minutes.

    This way everyone gets paid, nobody's time gets wasted, and everyone can play another round soon without penalty.

    Yeah that does sound reasonable. However I'd make the timer sooner say 2 or 3 mins. If game can not fill the other teams.

    Then no one really suffers. People can get their free rewards for queuing, and not being put on the short bus. And the people who did get put on the short bus, can get to looking for another match. Without fear of timer.

    That sounds reasonable, to me.
    Hope is Nothing More, than a Postponed Disappointment
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solution is if LFG will make: Premade groups only vs premade groups, random groups only vs random groups. And Only with the same number of players in every team. 2v2v2, 4v4v4. No 1v3v4.
    BIgger punishment for quit because u 1 vs 4 organized ***, which at least cannot fight with u 1 by 1, not focusing all together? Any logic, I think people, who leave the fight in such situation absolutly right. Better 20 minuts to wait, than 15 monuts to stay on base or give free rewards to unfair zergers.
    @Wrobel, it's important.
    Edited by Anethum on June 18, 2017 11:14PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    StereoLiz wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Its pvp! The same thing happens in Cyro every day. Of course, someone is stronger, someone is weaker, someone is more expiriences, more prepared. Grand overlord will allways kill tyro, isn't it obvious for everyone who hit "join queue" button?

    Liz, tyro have good chances to kill overlord when 1v1 because last one mostly used to play by groups, not solo;) Rank doesn't = mastery, especially after that double-AP weeks few month ago. But with his organized group vs this tyro or vs random group with this tyro, ofc Overlord. And, he doesn't deserve reward for this, because it's not fair fight, it's not competition.
    Organized group should fight with organized groups. It's a point.
    We have no any notifications, saying to "Tyro"s, hey, u will fight in a group with 1 random mage sorcerer with bow vs premade team of 4 overlords (farmed ap on pugs or "fair friends" from another alliances in cyrodiil for few years). It's not obvious, it's stupid system, that should be fixed.
    @Anethum from .ua
Sign In or Register to comment.