The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Aggro for Werewolf

• KwarcPL
    KwarcPL
    ✭✭✭
    Queo wrote: »
    I wish WW had a taunt. My wife and i both play as a WW and i tank/heal i hate going into WW during dungeon cause i cant keep aggro off her, even though WW is super strong and has great survivability

I have similar problem, I'm playing on tanking set and on PvE Werewolf is a masterpiece, but on group rallies? There is no aggro, there is no tanking. It's really sad, look at WW passives, Blood Rage + Call of Pack, like it was ment for aggring.
  • KwarcPL
    KwarcPL
    ✭✭✭
    And that's a bad decision by ZOS. Most of the passives lend themselves VERY well to tanking.

Exactly as I said... look at Blood Pack, it's pure tanking perk.
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    Your not pissing off players who pull solid dps that meta builds bring. They can carry group through most dungeons.

Solid dps, sure. But that's all they have. They heavily rely on a tank and healer so they don't take damage. But what happens when the tank goes down? The meta dps can't take a hit and they die. A healer may be able to do a lot but it's hard to keep yourself alive while resurrecting players, especially when most healers wear light armor.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KwarcPL wrote: »
    And that's a bad decision by ZOS. Most of the passives lend themselves VERY well to tanking.

Exactly as I said... look at Blood Pack, it's pure tanking perk.

It isn't tank built, it is solo built. It is built to keep you in form for being active. If it was built to tank roll Dodge or blocking would be cheap and you would get armor cap by simply switching. Also probably wouldn't take extra damage for poison or have very expensive skills
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    My personal idea about a werewolf taunt is this:

Brutal Pounce is a charge ability that hits multiple enemies. While the other morph, Feral Pounce, only hits one target, it increases your timer by four seconds each time you use it. Since Brutal Pounce does not give timer back, but the werewolf passive for taking damage does, it would make sense for this morph to apply a taunt, which will also make it the first AoE taunt in the game. If you run with a werewolf pack in dungeons, the tank could have Brutal Pounce while the dps could have Feral Pounce since they wouldn't be taking as much damage to keep timer.
    On top of that, a werewolf tank can use Claws of Life, which puts disease damage on multiple enemies and gives you 2k health back every two seconds.
    Edited by CrazyWolf712 on June 10, 2017 3:15PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal idea about a werewolf taunt is this:

Brutal Pounce is a charge ability that hits multiple enemies. While the other morph, Feral Pounce, only hits one target, it increases your timer by four seconds each time you use it. Since Brutal Pounce does not give timer back, but the werewolf passive for taking damage does, it would make sense for this morph to apply a taunt, which will also make it the first AoE taunt in the game. If you run with a werewolf pack in dungeons, the tank could have Brutal Pounce while the dps could have Feral Pounce since they wouldn't be taking as much damage to keep timer.
    On top of that, a werewolf tank can use Claws of Life, which puts disease damage on multiple enemies and gives you 2k health back every two seconds.

Zos combat designers don't like AOE taunts....

Edit to be more clear.
    Edited by max_only on June 17, 2017 3:53AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • KwarcPL
    KwarcPL
    ✭✭✭
    Brutal Pounce is a charge ability that hits multiple enemies.

As @Dragath said, Pounce is rush ability, not charge :neutral:
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Transform limit is suck , wont consider
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

Step 1: Get all passives and upgrades that allow you to stay a WW for longer.
    Step 2: Get in a 4-man party, everyone transformed of course.
    Step 3: Good times.
    Edited by Dracindo on June 16, 2017 10:07AM
  • KwarcPL
    KwarcPL
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    But there are a lot of passives that help prolonging transformation and as @Dracindo said, in some cases WW form is virtually limitless ;)