The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should we be able to role as a different alliance in pvp campaigns?

CrazyWolf712
CrazyWolf712
✭✭✭
I want to hear what you all think so just hear me out. I am the guild master of a werewolf guild open to all alliances. However, my main character is in Ebonheart and my other characters aren't built for any content. We have werewolf pvp events twice a week but because I'm in Ebonheart, the Aldmeri and Daggerfall players in my guild get excluded. They often ask if we will do events for the other alliances but like I said, my other characters are low level and aren't even built for pve or pvp content. All I can do is suggest they make a new character but some aren't willing.

My husband and I have a solution in mind. At the beginning of each campaign, you should be able to pick which alliance you would play as for the duration of the campaign. The maps and scores would be blocked before joining until you role so you can't see who is winning. So you may be an Aldmeri player roling as an Ebonheart for the week of the campaign and won't know beforehand whether your alliance is winning. And let me add that if you pick a certain campaign on one character, you won't be able to join that campaign on any other characters for the rest of the campaign.

This way, we would be able to have more of our guild members join us for our events instead of leaving the guild because they can get involved. I want to hear your opinions on the matter. Should we be able to role as a different alliance in pvp campaigns?
Edited by CrazyWolf712 on June 8, 2017 12:57PM

Best Answers

• Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a fine idea but you're about to have a bunch of forum warriors in here talking about spies and faction LOYALTY in no time.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
    Answer ✓
  • UnversedNumber3
    UnversedNumber3
    ✭✭✭
    My husband and I have a solution in mind. At the beginning of each campaign, you should be able to pick which alliance you would play as for the duration of the campaign. The maps and scores would be blocked before joining until you role so you can't see who is winning.

I think that it would be too one sided. People could ask a friend or use an alt to check what side is winning and just pile on.

Played for about 2 years on Xbox and did everything you can do (-emp).
    Still pretty new to PC-NA.
    Answer ✓
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treason towards the Aldmeri Dominion is punishable by death!

But in all honesty I can just have an alt pick an alliance and scout for who's winning, then set my main to the winning one. Simple
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
    Answer ✓
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. So the issue I'm hearing is that people will use other characters to see who's winning in a campaign. Well what if I say that once you roll in one campaign on one of your characters, none of your other characters will be able to join that campaign for the duration. So then you're stuck with your alt character in a campaign where the alliance you chose might be losing.
    Answer ✓
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prootch wrote: »
    People just reroll nowadays when they want to change faction ... it's already full of faction jumpers.

I would prefer players to be locked on their main campaign + their faction. They would still have the "invited" campaign to play somewhere else, if the main campaign gets unplayable (lag/crash/queue/ect...). But not on the same campaign with another faction char,

So yes I agree with you that people just reroll. But not for the general reasons you think they do for. Lets take me for a small example.

pNT2gna.png

It's clear that I started out as AD back in 2014. I took a 6 month break from ESO in 2016. Came back to a faction that had so much hostilities towards new names, and faces. If you think I'm going to sit around and have to deal with that in a video game no less. I'm sorry you my fellow gamer are just flat out plain silly. So instead of rolling DC like most did for the free and easy wins. I started rolling EP.

So my time in EP is a small bit better then my time in AD. At least people in EP wasn't being flat out douches 24/7/365 for the most part. Now I just gank and do the occasional zerg surfing outside of the zerg, when I want to chill and farm AP casually.

I find it funny how the people who contributed the most. Towards making faction loyalty a thing of the past. Are the loudest ones complaining about others who they've abused in the past, shows them no loyalty. I'm sorry to say loyalty is a two way street not a one way street. You want to abuse people because you don't know them. That's fine, then don't cry when they faction swap. Faction swapping IMO should remain as it is today. Too many exclusive douchebag guilds to force players to play where they are not wanted and abused.

At least Cyrodiil in ESO will not follow the same fate WvW did in GW2. Locking accounts to a faction will be a sure fire way of pushing Cyrodiil down that road. Players should have freedom of choice, to choose which faction each character is in. Just like guilds have freedom of choice, to abuse and troll outsiders. Fair is fair right?
    Answer ✓
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it has been one of the worst decisions ZOS has made. It has turned campaigns into nothing but an AP farming fest. Take all or a lot of keeps as one faction and switch sides and take them back. It has allowed large guilds to jump whenever they want and completely change the course of the campaign.
    ZOS needs to go back to the way it used to be. If you start a campaign as EP, AD or DC you can not play another faction in that campaign until it is over. Next campaign change factions if you want to but not during the campaign.
    Answer ✓
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    Heruthema wrote: »
    I think it has been one of the worst decisions ZOS has made. It has turned campaigns into nothing but an AP farming fest. Take all or a lot of keeps as one faction and switch sides and take them back. It has allowed large guilds to jump whenever they want and completely change the course of the campaign.
    ZOS needs to go back to the way it used to be. If you start a campaign as EP, AD or DC you can not play another faction in that campaign until it is over. Next campaign change factions if you want to but not during the campaign.

I completely agree with this statement! This is the best answer I have gotten to the question at hand. Thanks for your input!
    Answer ✓
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heruthema wrote: »

this
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
    Answer ✓
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People just reroll nowadays when they want to change faction ... it's already full of faction jumpers.

I would prefer players to be locked on their main campaign + their faction. They would still have the "invited" campaign to play somewhere else, if the main campaign gets unplayable (lag/crash/queue/ect...). But not on the same campaign with another faction char,

Used to be that way until One Tamriel and I would love to bring it back. Account wide.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
    Answer ✓
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    It's easy: if your faction (say AD, just an example) is locked with heavy queue, and DC is not: log a char from DC faction who makes a group in pve with AD chars, then launch the cyro group and... AD will count in DC pop ^^

Magic war by ZOS.
    Answer ✓
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's easy: if your faction (say AD, just an example) is locked with heavy queue, and DC is not: log a char from DC faction who makes a group in pve with AD chars, then launch the cyro group and... AD will count in DC pop ^^

Magic war by ZOS.
    Yeah we've sometimes felt EP or DC was doing that against us recently, pretty garbage tactic. EP at two bars steamrolling two different keeps with 60 each and we sit at three bars wondering where the rest of our faction is outside of our 16 man plus a few pugs.

Faction lock isn't the answer since it wasn't that way from the beginning. Too unfair to the many people who spent time leveling characters of other factions for PVP. And no we don't flip to the winning faction when the chips are down, we just want good fights.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Answer ✓
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the double xp events (feels like there's at least 4 or so a year) - are a great opportunity to level additional characters...

variety is the spice of eso...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 23, 2017 7:43PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »

Used to be that way until One Tamriel and I would love to bring it back. Account wide.

Yes. Account-wide.

There was some weirdness going on mid-afternoon yesterday. DC were poplocked but a number of people (myself included) were convinced.. CONVINCED that there were 3 times as many AD players on. (well, felt more like 1.5 times to me - but we were definitely heavily outnumbered everywhere on the map). At one point the whole of DC were in Glade - and it just got rolled by overwhelming numbers. keep after keep after keep.
    Isn't this kind of shenanigans possible with some kind of weird group queuing with mixed factions?

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    [
    Yeah we've sometimes felt EP or DC was doing that against us recently, pretty garbage tactic. EP at two bars steamrolling two different keeps with 60 each and we sit at three bars wondering where the rest of our faction is outside of our 16 man plus a few pugs.

Faction lock isn't the answer since it wasn't that way from the beginning. Too unfair to the many people who spent time leveling characters of other factions for PVP. And no we don't flip to the winning faction when the chips are down, we just want good fights.

This must be a joke... AD is the faction with the highest queue, no one would log on your side ;)
    And yep, there are ADs switching faction once the emp is lost, we do recognize @account when we see it.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm PC/NA, sorry
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34