The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Sorc Ulti/Destro Ulti Produce Friendly Fire

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Basically you'd be penalized for zerg balling and stacking these ultis since you're party would sustain damage. I'm not suggesting friendly players receive the full amount but it should be enough to deter stacking and tightly clumped players. This particular mechanic is cancerous and encourages extremely one sided battles that can be won by button mashing. Time for a change.

Edit: to clarify what I'm suggesting is an amount of damage or even some other effect that a skilled group could deal with but that your average zerg ball would suffer from thereby removed that particular crutch.
Edited by Vapirko on May 29, 2017 2:37AM
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Basically you'd be penalized for zerg balling and stacking these ultis since you're party would sustain damage. I'm not suggesting friendly players receive the full amount but it should be enough to deter stacking and tightly clumped players. This particular mechanic is cancerous and encourages extremely one sided battles that can be won by button mashing. Time for a change.

Edit: to clarify what I'm suggesting is an amount of damage or even some other effect that a skilled group could deal with but that your average zerg ball would suffer from thereby removed that particular crutch.

any battle can be won by button mashing. Why is it only sorcs you want to have friendly fire on? I say if you want to turn friendly fire on dont just single out sorcs. I want to see standard melt its allies, corrosive armor reduce allies armor, nightblades aoe ult to drain life from allies, templars.....well templars lol

or did you just want sorcs only to have this cheese friendly fire on them? If not, rename thread......
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »

any battle can be won by button mashing. Why is it only sorcs you want to have friendly fire on? I say if you want to turn friendly fire on dont just single out sorcs. I want to see standard melt its allies, corrosive armor reduce allies armor, nightblades aoe ult to drain life from allies, templars.....well templars lol

or did you just want sorcs only to have this cheese friendly fire on them? If not, rename thread......

Not sorcs in general just those two ulti because of the way theyre used. That is the go to for zerg balls and the only way they take down masses of players. If you're in a keep or trying to guard flags there is no way to combat that kind of action andit should be penalized. It's far too powerful and the aoe is massive. No other ultimate has that kind of power and reach and is so easily stacked.

And no, not any battle can be won by button mashing. 1v1 or in evenly matched groups button mashers go down to any player who has any idea what they're doing.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 29, 2017 3:54AM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone in PVP should be affected by friendly fire. That's balance.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone in PVP should be affected by friendly fire. That's balance.

That would actually just be madness and make any large scale battle completely unplayable. We simply need more mechanics that deter players from stacking in tight groups and running over a keep. In fact those aoe ultis were created to do exactly that, but the typical poor forethought from zos+the never ending need for some players to automatically adopt the cheesiest form of gameplay ever led to what we have now.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or

ZOS just removes aoe caps.

They were implemented to solve a problem which no longer exists, and now are a problem in themselves in many people's opinions. Get rid of them.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or

ZOS just removes aoe caps.

They were implemented to solve a problem which no longer exists, and now are a problem in themselves in many people's opinions. Get rid of them.

this
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bombblades use this ult more than Sorcs.

That said the Destro ult should do less damage over a wider area than meteor.
    Edited by Minalan on May 29, 2017 4:59AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eye of the storm just needs a rework tbh
    PS4 NA DC
  • Linken
    Linken
    ✭✭
    Why are we crying over Zergs when Cyrodil is a massive BG with 300v300v300? if Zergs aka Armies irl are bothering you play battlegrounds from Morrowind xpac or go dueling...
    Sorcerer 307 CP atm
    Been raiding for 10+ years in WoW now looking into ESO and loving it!
    Looking for Serious Guild for PvE and/or PvP!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linken wrote: »
    Why are we crying over Zergs when Cyrodil is a massive BG with 300v300v300? if Zergs aka Armies irl are bothering you play battlegrounds from Morrowind xpac or go dueling...

Yeah its not large scale battles that get to me, its capitalizing on an insanely op mechanic to run over keeps which essentially reduces the battle to a pvdoor. If one of these bomb zergs or whatever you wanna call them runs through a keep your choices are basically to abandon the keep, run yourself out of stam avoiding the aoe and CCs, or get burnt. Thats not pvp, thats just PvOP Mechanic. I dont understand really why anyone would have a problem with suggesting ZOS come up with a way to avoid this unless they themselves are regularly involved in this kind of thing. The level of zerg bombing thats been going on in Vivec lately is just freakin exhausting. Im on DC so I know our zergs do the map run at one point and then when I get on the EP is doing it right back. So awesoem for the 60+ people on each faction that proved that can zerg the map down once a day but for everyone else its just miserable. Zone chat is often filled with people who love to play but just get fed up with this kind of bs and end up leaving the map to whatever zerg is dominant at the time. My goal would be to get ZOS to improve the overall playing experience so that were looking at actual large scale battles and not just who can stack the most aoe utli and spam the most cc.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will always be a zerg spam combo it used to be bats/ steel tornado, if you nerf one there will always be another one.

In small groups or solo destro ult is fine, in large groups yes it will wipe out dozens of people but when 10+ people drop ults at the same time that is to be expected.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't have friendly fire or else you'd have griefers completely abusing it
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pardon my ignorance, but since there is no differentiation between PvP and PvE in terms of skills - why is there a separate forum for it?

Should it not be Combat & Skills period? Aside from different builds and tactics.

On topic here I wonder if that could be abused or interfere with trigger on damage skills/mechanics.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should just scale its damage on the number of targets it's hitting a la proxy det.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't have friendly fire or else you'd have griefers completely abusing it

True.

There will always be a zerg spam combo it used to be bats/ steel tornado, if you nerf one there will always be another one.

In small groups or solo destro ult is fine, in large groups yes it will wipe out dozens of people but when 10+ people drop ults at the same time that is to be expected.

I think a relatively simple fix that would at least mitigate some of the zerg quality would just be to make the destro ulti stationary. That way it wouldn't affect pve use too much and would make it impossible for these groups to run through keeps.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eyes of the storm is OP and could use a rework

Or they create a friendly fire campaign for the fools who want to try it :-D

• Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not to mention what would prevent an AD from logging onto his DC alt just to Ulti Bomb a DC group sneaking up on a keep.

Cannot have Friendly fire.

• Aziah
    Aziah
    ✭✭
    Zeni needs to focus on buffing Persuasive Will so mag Sorcs can convince everyone to never make a suggestion like this again.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linken wrote: »

This. I am confused...about some peoples' confusion.

AvA is going to be "zergy" because armies. I just don't even. If I had a nickel for every "I YOLO'ed a battalion of enemies solo and gt rekt! ZOS nerf tactics!" threads I would be rich IRL.
  • CTSCold
    CTSCold
    ✭✭✭
    May not solve the problem but could they not have dmg scaling based on party size in pvp? I.e. The bigger the party the less dmg each individual does? While yes the skill is powerful it's the coordination of groups that causes the problem identified.

Will most of these people then run in small groups who then run with another smaller group? Probably. Will this hinder coordination? Possibly. I think it's worth a try and it limits what will replace the 'bomb' mechanic as all skills get devalued when in a large group.

the amount of scaling is important to ensure that groups still stay stronger than solo and small-man but I think it could work.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

PS. EOTS is not a sorc class skill.

</faceplam>
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes please..

Creates AD alt to spam AOE skills into the zerg to help crown my EP guild emp.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of friendly fire, why not just stop the Destro ults from stacking? It might not be so bad if you can only take damage from one of them every second instead of eight or nine from your typical Destro ult choo-choo train blob.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    No.

PS. EOTS is not a sorc class skill.

</faceplam>

^^