The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[PVP] Stamina DK. Dead or not?

• Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Major mending 1 tic of vigor..... battle roar is weak now.. burning heart? I do like nox. breath but its a dot :( ... magicka sink was nerfed 70%...

I'm asking you to explain why you think StamSorc has better healing and better burst than StamDK. I already understand that a couple of StamDK abilities were nerfed.

Sorc - Dark Deal, Crit Surge, (Vigor, Rally)

DK - (Vigor that is 12% stronger then sorcs) Major mending is 2.5 secs which last only the first tic of vigor .... If your magicka this means little because you can hit Dragon Blood afterwards easily....

Keep in mind that crit surg heals about as much as vigor by its self... Also keep in mind that dark deal heals and gives you back your stam lol ... plus they uses rally and vigor... my stam Sorc has 4 slots of heals

I love my DK but my Stam Sorc is a better toon atm....

Stam Sorc has higher weapon damage overall.... because of the passive healing and dark deal you can drop your stam recovery for weapon damage and (procs ) ... My sorc just hits harder... Now the only exception is when leap is up...

A DK at the moment is forced to build for ult-regen which is costing them weapon damage overall...

A recent build for a DK (Kodi) is a ultimate regen build comes in just over 2k weapon damage.... 2800 stam regen
    My current Stam Sorc is 4k weapon damage and 1800 Stam regen.... 2 Procs on the first hit ...

It's not all about weapon damage (though my BG build comes in at over 3.5k weapon damage anyway). Major Fracture is a huuuuuuge DPS gain which Stam Sorc doesn't have access to. Also, more ultimate uptime = more DPS.

They're different classes and they play differently. But StamDK is strong.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major mending 1 tic of vigor..... battle roar is weak now.. burning heart? I do like nox. breath but its a dot :( ... magicka sink was nerfed 70%...

I'm asking you to explain why you think StamSorc has better healing and better burst than StamDK. I already understand that a couple of StamDK abilities were nerfed.

DK - (Vigor that is 12% stronger then sorcs) Major mending is 2.5 secs which last only the first tic of vigor .... If your magicka this means little because you can hit Dragon Blood afterwards easily....

Keep in mind that crit surg heals about as much as vigor by its self... Also keep in mind that dark deal heals and gives you back your stam lol ... plus they uses rally and vigor... my stam Sorc has 4 slots of heals

Stam Sorc has higher weapon damage overall.... because of the passive healing and dark deal you can drop your stam recovery for weapon damage and (procs ) ... My sorc just hits harder... Now the only exception is when leap is up...

A DK at the moment is forced to build for ult-regen which is costing them weapon damage overall...

A recent build for a DK (Kodi) is a ultimate regen build comes in just over 2k weapon damage.... 2800 stam regen
    My current Stam Sorc is 4k weapon damage and 1800 Stam regen.... 2 Procs on the first hit ...

It's not all about weapon damage (though my BG build comes in at over 3.5k weapon damage anyway). Major Fracture is a huuuuuuge DPS gain which Stam Sorc doesn't have access to. Also, more ultimate uptime = more DPS.

They're different classes and they play differently. But Stam DK is strong.

They do play differently but the STAM DK was hurt more then any other stam class class after the last update. A good player can make any class successful.. BTW major fracture is about 8 to 10% more damage ... which is big .. My BG DK is built around ult regen .. The DK leap ultimate I really like the fact you cant dodge it and if you can heavy attack with it (good things happen).... I agree with you on the DK ultimate but overall we are in a much weaker place ....

Let me ask you a question are you Sword/Shield and Two Hander or Two Hander and Bow
    Edited by Durham on May 30, 2017 6:43PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Major fracture is about 8 to 10% more damage ... which is big .. My BG DK is built around ult regen .. The DK leap ultimate I really like you cant dodge it and you can heavy attack with it and good things happen.... I agree with you on the DK ultimate but overall we are in a much weaker place ....

yeah, 8-10% more damage is huge. I don't know the exact conversion rate, but I'm guessing that's the equivalent of quite a lot of weapon damage.

Again, each of the Stam Classes have strengths and weaknesses. Stamplar has the best damage, but the worst sustain. StamSorc has good damage and great sustain, but weaker healing. DK has solid damage and really good healing, but its sustain is tied to ultimate generation and usage.

That's why I think the stam variations are all in a really good place right now. Every class has a competitive pvp stam spec. And each of those specs is kinda unique.

Magicka balance is waaaaay more out of whack.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Major fracture is about 8 to 10% more damage ... which is big .. My BG DK is built around ult regen .. The DK leap ultimate I really like you cant dodge it and you can heavy attack with it and good things happen.... I agree with you on the DK ultimate but overall we are in a much weaker place ....

yeah, 8-10% more damage is huge. I don't know the exact conversion rate, but I'm guessing that's the equivalent of quite a lot of weapon damage.

Again, each of the Stam Classes have strengths and weaknesses. Stamplar has the best damage, but the worst sustain. StamSorc has good damage and great sustain, but weaker healing. DK has solid damage and really good healing, but its sustain is tied to ultimate generation and usage.

That's why I think the stam variations are all in a really good place right now. Every class has a competitive pvp stam spec. And each of those specs is kinda unique.

Magicka balance is waaaaay more out of whack.

10% is about 300 weapon damage

I disagree with stam DK healing sorry we will have to agree to disagree I guess lol

Stamplar will simply purge Defiles they are 40-50% on average now +snares
    Stam Sorc Crit surge+Vigor trumps DK's Vigor +12% and 1 tic of major mending

I would agree with you before the last patch on almost everything you just said
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina DK is really strong in PvP.
    Stamina Sorc is really strong in PvP.
    Stamina Nightblade is really strong in PvP.

Stamina DK is really strong in PvP. You just need a working build.

Soo basically....RIP anything magicka not a Sorc and reroll to stam?
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • fred.thomsonb16_ESO
    Dk is super strong, only these new oblivion damage set and enchants are stronger. You need mobility this patch so stamblade is probably best, stam sorc is fine but the .2 second addition to dark deal has made it even more horrific to use, unless you don't find the combat in this game slow and clunky anyway.

In a couple months people will be fully decked out in cancer anyways so it doesn't matter what class you run, just need to be in a group of other tumors.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a lot of knee jerk reaction to the Morrowind patch notes and those swearing stam dk was dead - its not. the last minute change to igneous shields literally saved the class.

fought against kodi last night in BGs and he PI > HA > DL > Executioner and it was over. I hadnt seen that kind of burst in a while.

One thing is for sure: I will NEVER let this forum community sway my opinion over patch noted ever again.

things like:
    Stamplar is dead
    StamDK is dead
    Stam cannot compete in PvE Endgame
    Magplar is dead
    Sustain is dead

^^^ This was all garbage doomsaying. the opposite of whats listed is true in every single point.
    Edited by Rickter on May 31, 2017 12:02PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    There was a lot of knee jerk reaction to the Morrowind patch notes and those swearing stam dk was dead - its not. the last minute change to igneous shields literally saved the class.

fought against kodi last night in BGs and he PI > HA > DL > Executioner and it was over. I hadnt seen that kind of burst in a while.

One thing is for sure: I will NEVER let this forum community sway my opinion over patch noted ever again.

things like:
    Stamplar is dead
    StamDK is dead
    Stam cannot compete in PvE Endgame
    Magplar is dead
    Sustain is dead

^^^ This was all garbage doomsaying. the opposite of whats listed is true in every single point.

First, your seeing cancel animations... Kodi is running just over 2k weapon damage and is running an ultimate build ... He is canceling his heavy attack with dragon leap. He also probably cancelled his execute with a dodge roll... Kodi is a bad example ...

Kodi played a stam Temp when hardly anyone was, and he was a beast
    Kodi played a stam Sorc when no one did and he was a beast

Kodi has released a DK build video and I have seen several DK running something similar to him ... To pull off what he is doing you have to be able to cancel animate and the vast majority of the player base cannot do this. However if you run into one these guys they are beasts... But they are also beasts on every other class...

What you saw can only be achieved by a dragon leap he is running and ult regen build. The only thing a stam DK has is leap now...

The stam DK was destroyed on the test server but they have made changes since then.... Heavy attack buff and restored major mending to at least 3 secs... I am glad ZOS saw the issues with this class... But what you saw on the test server was absolutely true.. The stam DK was much weaker ... We will have to wait to see how all the stam classes stack..
    Edited by Durham on May 31, 2017 4:11PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our pvp guild s moving away from magic builds intentionally. Since we do well I won't argue. Stam doesn't compete well in pve but in pvp it does and stam DK is very strong.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Our pvp guild s moving away from magic builds intentionally. Since we do well I won't argue. Stam doesn't compete well in pve but in pvp it does and stam DK is very strong.

After the changes with heavy attack and major mending the Stam DK is in a solid place again :) ZOS listened to the feedback on the test server :)

But keep in mind to accomplish what your seeing some of these guys doing you have to be able to animate cancel ....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam doesn't compete well in pve but in pvp it does and stam DK is very strong.

This is not an accurate statement. there are increasing reports that stamina builds can and are reaching low 40s dps and in fact stamdk and stamplar are out performing magsorc single target dps.

the issue the 1% is falling back to now is that sure they can hit the numbers but their survivability is worse than a magicka user. and now thats getting debunked by the high health max shields dk tank builds.

so stam is competitive all around. everywhere. no one can complain. it was all doomsaying.

there were no changes to heavy attack. it does LESS damage but returns more resources?? is that waht you mean? and major mending is 2.5 seconds, and you only get one tick of vigor with it. like, there was NOT that many changes to stam DK to suddenly make it "in a good place". it always was.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Stam doesn't compete well in pve but in pvp it does and stam DK is very strong.

This is not an accurate statement. there are increasing reports that stamina builds can and are reaching low 40s dps and in fact stamdk and stamplar are out performing magsorc single target dps.

the issue the 1% is falling back to now is that sure they can hit the numbers but their survivability is worse than a magicka user. and now thats getting debunked by the high health max shields dk tank builds.

so stam is competitive all around. everywhere. no one can complain. it was all doomsaying.

there were no changes to heavy attack. it does LESS damage but returns more resources?? is that waht you mean? and major mending is 2.5 seconds, and you only get one tick of vigor with it. like, there was NOT that many changes to stam DK to suddenly make it "in a good place". it always was.

Mine was showing 3.0 sec on the last patch (lastnight) I think it was a stealth buff after the patch
    shield + rally + vigor +shields again was very effective last night

Heavy Attack buff was a big buff.. cancel animating heavy attack is a must ... Even before the patch I cancelled it but now it 30% stronger.....If your a shield user cancelling your heavy attack put you right back in the game .... If your dodge roller cancelling your heavy on a dodge is big....

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was not doomsaying the heavy attack change was the answer ... Major mending change was huge also ... on the test it was almost immediately down ... I could not buff my rally or vigor... now I can easily hit rally and still get 5 tics of vigor with my rotation... I cancel animate to do it...requires 2 shields

They listened to the responses the class is weaker and most of the stam DKs I have ran into die very quickly unless they are sword and board most just hold up block until stam is gone...

If you noticed after the heavy attack change the stam DK forum got much quieter... :)
    Edited by Durham on May 31, 2017 4:45PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables