The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PVP] Stamina DK. Dead or not?

Masty_Spy
Masty_Spy
✭✭✭
Magicka builds for all classes were released even 1-2 weeks before 22nd of may. Now its 27th. Still no stam dk pvp builds on tamrielfoundry, reddit, forum.
Time to reroll to magicka or you can help me? Gear and cp points
need more dps
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some people using them still, not a lot but some. Mostly mag which is in a much better place. Basically pick a damage set and then aim to hit around 2k stam regen and good luck. Bone pirates tatters and dubious camoran is a good place to start.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came across a recent Kodi build on YouTube the other day.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Benn G x
    Benn G x
    ✭✭✭
    No class is dead, there are masters and potatoes of each. Much more spuds though.
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the two handed weapons now when I'm a mdk they sure can cut me into ribbons. Time to pull out the 2h off of the mules.
    Edited by Trashkan on May 27, 2017 3:26PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »
    I hate the two handed weapons now when I'm a mdk they sure can cut me into ribbons. Time to pull out the 2h off of the mules.

Then you should check out some good mag DK builds right now because they're currently one of the strongest classes to play.
  • Rexy18
    Rexy18
    ✭✭✭
    Before the update, I ran a heavy armor build, 5x Black Rose, 5x Spriggan's and 2x Tremor with a vMA 2h, which worked great. Since Morrowind made Black Rose useless, I decided to completely change my build.

I'm now running 5x Eternal Hunt and 5x Marksman's, with a vMA 2h and vMA bow, 7/7 medium armor. The stats are not bad, 32k stamina, 2k weapon damage and 2.8k regen (all unbuffed). I didn't notice a big loss in damage compared to my old build (even though it had 3k+ weapon damage) and the sustain in this one is amazing.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kodi's got a build for cp and non cp and they work very well on both.

Stam dk is still top tier.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka builds for all classes were released even 1-2 weeks before 22nd of may. Now its 27th. Still no stam dk pvp builds on tamrielfoundry, reddit, forum.
    Time to reroll to magicka or you can help me? Gear and cp points

Give me 1 or 2 week and I will show u a good build video :)
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Gabriyl
    Gabriyl
    ✭✭
    I do just fine in cyr. I'm a Stam Dk.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StamDK is still quite good
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really Kodi played a stam temp when no one did .. just because he is successful does not mean the class is ok... Its much weaker.. my stam sorc is better in almost everyway.. only one thing that my DK has that I miss. .LEAP
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina DK is really strong in PvP.
    Stamina Sorc is really strong in PvP.
    Stamina Nightblade is really strong in PvP.

Stamina DK is really strong in PvP. You just need a working build.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Top tier in what way? Damage ? No. Tankiness? Nope. Sustain ? What class sustain?

Top tier is an exaggeration.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Top tier in what way? Damage ? No. Tankiness? Nope. Sustain ? What class sustain?

All of the stam classes are pretty equal in PvP right now
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina DK is really strong in PvP.
    Stamina Sorc is really strong in PvP.
    Stamina Nightblade is really strong in PvP.

Stamina DK is really strong in PvP. You just need a working build.

I have working builds about 5 of them and all of them are weaker then my stam counterparts... like I said previously the only thing saving this class is the leap ultimate...
    Edited by Durham on May 30, 2017 3:26PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

No they are not lol... How is a stam DK top tier it's synergy is butchered... like I said leap is the only thing that brings this class up close to the others.. this requires you to build ultimate builds...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

No they are not lol... How is a stam DK top tier it's synergy is butchered... like I said leap is the only thing that brings this class up close to the others.. this requires you to build ultimate builds...

The only thing that's changed with StamDK is you don't want to stack max stam anymore. I've been playing StamDK with a lot of success since Morrowind dropped.
    Invictus

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sir 9 nerfs... 3 class nerfs ... I can play with success also but they are not at the level as other stam classes...that all I'm saying
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No sir 9 nerfs... 3 class nerfs ... I can play with success also but they are not at the level as other stam classes...that all I'm saying

And I'm disagreeing. I don't think StamDK is any weaker than a Stam Sorc or a Stamplar, for example. They each have their strengths and weaknesses.
    Invictus

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the DK have please name a strength other then ultimate...

No comparing to the NB..tho..
    Edited by Durham on May 30, 2017 4:17PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing
    Sorc > DK

Mobility/ Survivability
    Sorc > DK

Damage Burst
    Sorc > DK. unless leap is up then it's =

Stam Temp is closer to the DK mainly because of resource issues but the purge they have is huge buff for them ...

Stam Warden still trying to figure the full power of this class...

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What does the DK have please name a strength other then ultimate...

No comparing to the NB..tho..

Stam DK has Major Mending, Burning Heart, Battle Roar, Major Fracture, a strong Magicka sink.

Like I said, every stam class has its strengths and weaknesses.
    Invictus

• Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Healing
    Sorc > DK

Mobility/ Survivability
    Sorc > DK

Damage Burst
    Sorc > DK. unless leap is up then it's =

Stam Temp is closer to the DK mainly because of resource issues but the purge they have is huge buff for them ...

Stam Warden still trying to figure the full power of this class...

Please explain how and why you concluded that StamSorc has better healing and better burst than StamDK. I agree that Stam Sorc has better mobility.
    Invictus

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major mending 1 tic of vigor..... battle roar is weak now.. burning heart? I do like nox. breath but its a dot :( ... magicka sink was nerfed 70%...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Major mending 1 tic of vigor..... battle roar is weak now.. burning heart? I do like nox. breath but its a dot :( ... magicka sink was nerfed 70%...

I'm asking you to explain why you think StamSorc has better healing and better burst than StamDK. I already understand that a couple of StamDK abilities were nerfed.
    Invictus

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm asking you to explain why you think StamSorc has better healing and better burst than StamDK. I already understand that a couple of StamDK abilities were nerfed.

Sorc - Dark Deal, Crit Surge, (Vigor, Rally)

DK - (Vigor that is 12% stronger then sorcs) Major mending is 2.5 secs which last only the first tic of vigor .... If your magicka this means little because you can hit Dragon Blood afterwards easily....

Keep in mind that crit surg heals about as much as vigor by its self... Also keep in mind that dark deal heals and gives you back your stam lol ... plus they uses rally and vigor... my stam Sorc has 4 slots of heals

I love my DK but my Stam Sorc is a better toon atm....

Stam Sorc has higher weapon damage overall.... because of the passive healing and dark deal you can drop your stam recovery for weapon damage and (procs ) ... My sorc just hits harder... Now the only exception is when leap is up...

A DK at the moment is forced to build for ult-regen which is costing them weapon damage overall...

A recent build for a DK (Kodi) is a ultimate regen build comes in just over 2k weapon damage.... 2800 stam regen
    My current Stam Sorc is 4k weapon damage and 1800 Stam regen.... 2 Procs on the first hit ...

Edited by Durham on May 30, 2017 5:17PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

DK - (Vigor that is 12% stronger then sorcs) Major mending is 2.5 secs which last only the first tic of vigor .... If your magicka this means little because you can hit Dragon Blood afterwards easily....

Keep in mind that crit surg heals about as much as vigor by its self... Also keep in mind that dark deal heals and gives you back your stam lol ... plus they uses rally and vigor... my stam Sorc has 4 slots of heals

Stam Sorc has higher weapon damage overall.... because of the passive healing and dark deal you can drop your stam recovery for weapon damage and (procs ) ... My sorc just hits harder... Now the only exception is when leap is up...

A DK at the moment is forced to build for ult-regen which is costing them weapon damage overall...

A recent build for a DK (Kodi) is a ultimate regen build comes in just over 2k weapon damage.... 2800 stam regen
    My current Stam Sorc is 4k weapon damage and 1800 Stam regen.... 2 Procs on the first hit ...

What StamSorc uses Crit Surge and Rally at the same time? Also, Dark Deal is pretty much used exclusively for the Stam. No one depends on it for the heal.
    Invictus

• Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

I gave up on stam DK its pretty clear zos wants it to be a pure tank lack of class morphs make so.

I'm now playing Magicka DK and it feels more like a dk and less like a proc Stamina Weapon Knight.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on May 30, 2017 5:38PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What StamSorc uses Crit Surge and Rally at the same time? Also, Dark Deal is pretty much used exclusively for the Stam. No one depends on it for the heal.[/quote

Sorry on my phone see below
    Edited by Durham on May 30, 2017 6:04PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use rally as a burst heal one of the best heals in the game..... dark deal heals for 4k a cast .. I use it for resource return mostly but if I need more stam and I'm at 60% health that will easily bring me to 100%... Crit surge heals less then as vigor however put both together and it exceeds the DK vigor now....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables