The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What dungeon do you hate the most?

• XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    vMA lol. Love the challenge and it making me a better player. Hate having to go in over and over to hopefully.....someday getting the drops that I want.
  • AnthofromOrsinium
    AnthofromOrsinium
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one all are very beautifull and amazing but maybe the most boring for me (too long) it's Arx Corinium
    @AnthofromOrsinium // FROM TITANS !! // Client ESO+
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctum Ophidia
    Stage 2 of vMA

I don't really like content where just constant nagging unavoidable damage is a mechanic you need to deal with.

I also don't like queing for a random vet dungeon and getting CoS, RoM, ICP, DS2, EH2, or COA2 ...
    Has nothing to do with the dungeons themselves, I just know that any of those places in a random pug is going to take an unnecessarily long time.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Spindle 1. A core group of my guild fell apart because of the broken ass last boss one shot mechanic
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wayrest Sewers. God that place bores me to tears!! Just the thought of it right now :confounded:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Muramasa89
    Muramasa89
    ✭✭✭
    Selene's Web. Just a sucky boss that can't do <censored> so she has to have 100 adds knock you over constantly.

(I do use AOEs and immovables, but it still won't quench my rage for her).
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arx is kinda boring, but I dont hate it.
    I hated ICP when I did it with pugs (damn you Lord Warden and your soon to be offsprings).
    But atm I hate CoS the most, and only because it has a real **rk last boss who bugs in sometimes and didn't give us the lights for the dungeons. And there goes my sweet deathless run with the spiderkit skin.
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • VyersReaver
    VyersReaver
    ✭✭
    With the team that understands what needs to be done and actually does it, I can't say I hate ANY of the dungeons. Even Mazzatun, where it is VERY mechanic-heavy, if everyone does well, one-two wipes are tolerable and easy on the nerves.

However, with people that don't, any dungeon can become a disaster (even some in Normal mode).
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like vRoM, it properly punishes your lack of attention to mechanics. It's Hard Mode is a bit too random however.

I don't like either Banished cells because the Keeper or the Highlord talk too much. Maybe if I had the daedra on my side...
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    I like vRoM, it properly punishes your lack of attention to mechanics. It's Hard Mode is a bit too random however.
    The randomness of vRoM hard mode is an issue only if you don't properly strategize. If you plan for it and coordinate well, it's a very straightforward fight, and we almost always 1-shot HM with no deaths (we've even gotten the no-death speedrun HM achievements all in one run in vRoM a few times).

The most important thing is to coordinate ultimates. Everyone unloading on the totem and having nothing up for add spawns, for example, is a common mistake that makes the fight so much harder. So, what we do is have both DPS use AoE ultimates (destro or standard, ideally) and the healer slot the destro ult or a Nova with Gravity Crush.
    1. Everyone stacks close on boss at all times, to avoid totems spawning far from the group.
    2. When first totem spawns, drop one ultimate on the totem and continue to DPS the boss. The totem will die from the ultimate and from general DPS cleave (blockade, liquid lightning, etc.), and with the help of the ultimate, you should be able to easily push to the first amber shade before any adds spawn.
    3. Don't be too quick to kill the amber shade--it's an opportunity to rebuild resources and build some ult. Make sure tank retaunts boss before amber shade dies, to ensure tank doesn't get hallucination.
    4. First hallucination will come immediately after amber shade dies, along with the first add wave. Quickly identify the statue and take the boss there ASAP--the group should always remain closely stacked at all times for optimal totem placement. Tank will priority taunt the shaper and mason.
    5. Once shaper starts doing the stone channel, interrupt it with a hard CC (tank chains, frags, nb agony, the shards that stun, or javelin... just be sure that the shaper doesn't get CC before the channel so that he's not CC immune... we usually leave shaper out of the group and chain him in as soon as he starts the stone channel, and it works beautifully).
    6. Once the adds are mostly grouped, drop ult to nuke them down. Sometimes you will push the boss to the next amber shade without another totem spawn. Sometimes you'll get a totem spawn, but because of grouping, it'll spawn inside the ult. And sometimes you'll need to throw down another ult to take care of the totem. Doesn't really matter too much.
    7. Next amber shade. Same as before, use this chance to build resources and ult. And then after the amber shade, same strategy as before to drop one ult to burn adds. When the totem spawns, drop all remaining ults, and you're basically done.

As long as you always have a damage ult available for an add pack or totem, you'll be fine. Which means coordinating with everyone and making sure you're not wasting two ults on one objective. You only need two ults in rotation for this to work, but you want the healer to run destro ult or Nova (with Gravity Crush synergy) so that if the DPS who's supposed to ult next is hallucinating, the healer can throw their ult instead (healer should never use War Horn on this fight). Otherwise, the healer should just hold their ult--the fight has anti-burn mechanics, so "wasting" an ult by not using it isn't an issue. But not having a backup ult when needed is a major issue. Having a third backup ult in case the next ult in rotation is hallucinating is how you deal with that RNG mechanic.

The other RNG mechanic is the healer getting hallucination. This is another reason why you want to move the boss and everything to near the statue, so that people always remain grouped together. If you're grouped up, the tank's Igneous Shield spam and Vigor should keep the group (and healer) alive while healer is hallucinating.

With the proper strategy, vRoM HM is actually pretty easy. Easier than Velidreth HM.
    Edited by code65536 on April 6, 2017 1:34PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    Any dungeon that I can't do by myself yet...oh wait... that's all of them. haha /s

On a serious note, Cradle of Shadows....UGH. Actually, any dungeon that has mechanics to be honest. Trying to teach someone is a pain if they don't listen to you. It's usually pointless. I don't have many friends unfortunately, so I have to use the group finder- which is a whole 'nother complaint, lol.
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City Prison - even normal mode is too hard on last boss fight making this annoying, definitely not relaxing. Stupid mechanics, no place for mistakes, fall damage etc. I already hate this dungeon. It's lenght also.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Charity164
    Charity164
    ✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Imperial City Prison - even normal mode is too hard on last boss fight making this annoying, definitely not relaxing. Stupid mechanics, no place for mistakes, fall damage etc. I already hate this dungeon. It's lenght also.

I couldn't agree more.
    AD Breton templar healer
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vet ICP, I can never get passed the first boss.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Vet ICP, I can never get passed the first boss.

D: but...he so easy. What's killing you there?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first boss in VICP is quite easy. There are actually 2 ways of killing the Overfiend:
    1) The normal way. Just tank him near the "window" to the right of the room, near where the harverster spawns when his health bar reaches 50% so you can grab and tank that as well when it arrives. One trick is not to burn the boss too fast, and kill the adds as they spawn. If you have to many and the harvester out at the same time the damage may prove too much.
    2) Taunt him and run out of the room the way you came, and face him to one of the walls, right out the door, either right or left. If your DPS is high enough you can kill him fast, before the adds and the harvester arrive. Those will be crowded in a very small space, in the door frame and the tight corridor and can be blown up quite efficiently with AoE skills or even an ult.
    It's actually one of the easiest bosses in the dungeon.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • hmr13.76preeb18_ESO
    People write when they are experiencing difficulties. I think to assess the dungeons environmental quality design. While I agree , dungeons DLS (shadows and mazza) is not very good.
    Edited by hmr13.76preeb18_ESO on April 16, 2017 5:06AM
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really not liking selenes right now. Had to do it 3 times to get the quest finished because the the last guy you have to talk to is a long winded son of a skeever and everybody leaves group before he is done.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really don't like Blackheart Haven. I dislike the pirate theme, and the dungeon is pretty boring overall. No interesting or challenging bosses, except the last one who is a nightmare with bad pugs.
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭
    colig wrote: »
    Direfrost Keep. The final boss is absolutely terrible for those who have never used 'break free' before.

The dds have to have good dps of you don't want that fight to take forever too, even if people are breaking free
  • Cambo_99
    Cambo_99
    colig wrote: »
    Direfrost Keep. The final boss is absolutely terrible for those who have never used 'break free' before.

Yup. My group spent 30 minutes on the final boss on veteran and didnt take more than 500k off his health. We gave up in the end..
  • Deadfinger6
    Deadfinger6
    ✭✭✭
    Selene - I have nightmares the amount of fails I had when I was a low level.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Heart heaven. Long, boring, bad designed.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    City of Ash1. Farmed it wayyyyyy too much.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And then it was nerfed :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vICP. I never have fun there. Not sure why since I like the theme and all.

If pugging, Volenfell. No one seems to know the right order to bring down the last 3 Centurians, and no one pays attention when you chat/voice message them to help.

Edited by The_Lex on May 26, 2017 3:38PM
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mazz: too many mechacanics...
    Tempest: marathon huge.
    Selene's: irritating adds, pets don't drop from the net properly, and whats with the damn traps all over the place? Seriously, how is that fun or challenging???
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkshade 2