Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

What dungeon do you hate the most?

Kalgert
Kalgert
✭✭✭✭✭
I decided to make this thread because I am certain there are a few dungeons out there that people cannot stand. I have gone through probably all the variants, and I have a few mixed feelings for some, enjoyed others while despising the rest. Be it a bad group experience tainting my feelings to it, a certain mechanic to a boss or just how the place looks.

My most despised dungeon would be one of the Argonian Dungeon Content Pack Dungeons, primarily the one where you go down tunnels and fight an assortment of spider-themed bosses and such. The dungeon looked fairly atmospheric, although the mechanics on some bosses can be a pain. What sealed the deal for me is when I was with my group on the second-to-last-boss and as a tank, and the boss had this mechanic that got me pinned and the adds needed to be intereupted to get me free... What did my group do? Either attack the boss or the adds, until I died and the group wiped and repeat.

Telling them a hundred times that the adds needed to be interrupted, until I essentially gave up and left the dungeon.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tempest. Way too long. Pugs ignore messages saying stack on boss and burn and decide to run off and wipe.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like mazzatun. I'm a fan of burning down bosses in one go and post high numbers, and none of the bosses in mazzatun allows you to do that.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazzatun, too many stupid mechanics, poisonous yucky place, insane last boss on vet.
    I have not been doing it for ages.
    Pc na
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cradle of Shadows, Fungal Grotto 2, Crypt of Hearts 2, Spindleclutch 1 & Selene's Web.

Guess what they all have in common. SPIDERS. Every dungeon with spiders in it.. make me naesous,like for real. I don't know howmany times I've alt+f4'd the game when I've accidentally been in combat with a spider... -cough-.

I don't know why I just really really can't stand them without physically feeling really naesous. I know it's dumb, it's just a game after all..... But it's just.... Idek. I just can't stand it.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazzatun. Too long. Annoying "puzzle" that summons adds whether you do it right or wrong. Multiple mechanics heavy fights and trash with a high annoyance factor.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any dungeon with Spiders

Arachnaphobia :scream:
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • colig
    colig
    ✭✭✭✭
    Direfrost Keep. The final boss is absolutely terrible for those who have never used 'break free' before.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dungeon Finder. Hardest dungeon boss I've been dealing with for a long, long time.

Ha. @PelinalWhitestrake , your posts always make me a happy panda.

As for mine, I would say Arx Corinium. It's the only dungeon in the game that I don't actually enjoy doing.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fungal Grotto II - too many annoying nightblade NPCs
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyLavina wrote: »
    The Dungeon Finder. Hardest dungeon boss I've been dealing with for a long, long time.

Ha. @PelinalWhitestrake , your posts always make me a happy panda.

As for mine, I would say Arx Corinium. It's the only dungeon in the game that I don't actually enjoy doing.

Arx is easy, but lots of snakes lol
    Pc na
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ruins of mazzatun
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like most dungeons to an extent, but the one thing I hate are the ones with like an outside or overland map. Volenfall and CoA drive me nuts when trying to figure out where I'm at and where I need to go. I've spent quite a few minutes trying to find my bearing in volenfall. Like every time I go there.
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. Difficult question :)

If we count DLCs, then Ruins of Mazzatun. From the one hand, I really like it when there are some interesting mechanics that demand teamwork (it is MMO, after all, I enjoy playing with people :) ). Statues on last boss are fun and cool for me, for example. From the other hand, craaaaaawl like slooooowpoke to the fountain several times or the boss simply remains in godmode smells like bs to me.

And gosh, everything in this dung is so fat. All these mobs... Really cheep, imo.

The pillars of my personal struggle are Spindleclutch I and Banished Cells I. I do not go there on vet. Some of you probably laugh hard now, but the thing is... I have really bad reaction :( So last bosses in those rek me hard. When in comes to mechanic knowledge and DPSing in peace, I hold my ground well (I don't mind vet Direfrost for example). But sudden oneshots without any warning actually kill me. I can't dodge them :D God the witness, I tried.

So I don't go there. Only will drag people down :( Nobody wants to make through the dung only to find out that the DPS, who was doing fine before, suddenly is dead half of the time on last boss, I believe :(

But it's not as bad as Darkshade Caverns II. If we don't count DLCs, Darkshade Caverns II wins hands down. This s**t on normal is harder than half of the vets. Screw you, giant netch. And screw you, Engine Guardian.
    English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruins of Mazzatun. I beat the last boss once, and I am still wondering how because I always die during the last form (when there is a lot of AOE and I do not know where to go and I just heal like a crazy but I run out of magicka quickly.)

But I never try it again since I have SPC and Worm.

I hate City of Ash II only because of one boss. The daedroth one (Maw of something? I do not remember his name.) Too many adds and AOE at the same time. As for the Ruins of Mazzatun, I do not do it for a while... Maybe I give it a new try.

And Banished Cells because two NPC always speak at the same time at the beginning and it is annoying.
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Dungeons, Trials & Arenas
    Staff Post
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkshade Caverns.

lol. getting the speed run on this pre 1.6 was like pulling nails out of my fingertips. Fungal Grotto is annoying too.

keep in mind i dont hate dungeons for their dificulty, I dont have a problem with any of the difficulty in this game, its just the overall design. and i had to think really hard about this one. like, i dont inherently hate any of the dungeons, they were all magical at the time.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volenfell

I am always confused which way to go...
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash 1 & Fungal Grotto 1 top my list because the mechanics are too easy, bosses are too lame and you can run them with anyone, and it's not even hard because people are farming them non-stop for BSW and Viper respectively and spamming every zone and trade guild chat with LFG messages about them :)

On the other hand, over the 1.5 years I have played the game my favorite dungeons were:
    November 2015 - May 2016: City of Ash II - I didn't own Imperial City DLC until late May, and ZoS decided to nerf that into the ground in Dark Brotherhood patch so it became pretty lame for a few months until they restored it in One Tamriel.
    May 2016 - August 2016: Imperial City Prison - I actually liked the fact that it's well thought out and people have to mind the mechanics or get rekt; I now kinda hate it because people always fail the Out of Sight achievement, the only one I'm still missing from there.
    August 2016 - present: Ruins of Mazzatun, but only with HM, as it's pretty lame otherwise, especially after they put the motif there in the last patch.

I hope that the next dungeon patches contain more of the above, meaning dungeons that are not pure DPS races and make people coordinate well to beat them. DPS races get old fast because people just burn trough the mechanics as the CP cap is raised.
    Edited by Asardes on March 29, 2017 1:23PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash 2, hands down. Maybe it's because I'm a vampire, but I was able to complete vICP on HM with about half as many wipes as we had in CoA2.

And Valkyn Skoria was the easy fight in that dungeon. The problem was the one that summons about a hundred adds, and also the Ash Titan. I dunno which one takes the cake, but those are two of the most annoying bosses I have ever fought in my gaming career.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the one I despise the most is Direfrost Keep. Not necessarily because it's so hard, but because it can be so freaking tedious. Someone runs out of stam, gets the beam, and can't break free. Or the break free gets bugged once in awhile. She gets a boatload of health again, and then you are right back where you started. Eventually you can wear her down, but by that time I'm usually ready to just shoot myself instead and get out of the misery :)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mazzatun. Too long. Annoying "puzzle" that summons adds whether you do it right or wrong. Multiple mechanics heavy fights and trash with a high annoyance factor.

I actually really like ROM because it's so short if you know your way ;) There's like...3 trash packs throughout the whole place that you cannot skip. Admittedly the puzzle is a bit annoying to do every time but it pays off by being able to skip 90% of other ads lol.

I'd name RoM and CoS as my favorites for the timebeing I think, probably for the reasons most people hate them. I like the challenge, though I agree last boss fights could use less rng. It's doable though. Got my RoM no death yesterday, right after speedrunning hm for pledge, was really fun :)
    I find CoS a bit easier but you can't skip ads there and the timesink of having to kill 100500 ads is just annoying.

Not sure there're any dungeons I hate for mechanics, I don't like how Tempest/Arx/Blackheart/Icp etc are so long, and I feel sad in good old II dungeons like dc/coh/fg/bc because I remember them fun and now they just feel ridiculously easy, so I'll usually skip on running these unless I need something there or it's my random.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think it depends what ur up to, if it's a first normal pass thru, or even a first Vet complete with a known group or if you are talking farm / pledge runs with PUG's its a very different experience.

The latter tends to wreck any enjoyment if the PUG does something whacky.

But my point is I don't mind a long run if it's a first pass, like a challenge. But if ur after random daily XP and drop Mazza its frustrating

And OP, I've done Cradle successfully LOADS and always burnt the adds, didn't realise you could just Interupt so thank you!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tempest Island, Volenfel, Selene's web, Black Hart Haven.

Long dungeons with tons of trash and bosses with boring or uninteresting mechanics that are too easy.

Ruins of Mazzatun, Cradle of Shadows, Imperial City Prison and Vaults of Madness are long too but they have interesting and fun mechanics to them that makes the dungeons fun or as is the case with Vaults of Madness, its aesthetics is amazing and even if its super easy I love running through that place.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City Prison - I never have a fun time in there. :-/
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Least favourite is Mazzatun followed by ICP. Far too long and mechanicky

Favourite 3 are VoM, Blessed crucible and Arx

PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vCoA2. I've spent long hours in that god forsaken dungeon and I still don't have my divines skoria helm. Sigh.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazzatun. Love it to all when running it on purpose, specially on vet. but when running a normal dungeon with a pug group it becomes a pain in the ass as it's a longer dungeon with non cheesable mechanics that have to be explained to those who haven't done it. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem explaining it, but I was expecting a quick 20 min dungeon. not an hour long ordeal.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like mazzatun. I'm a fan of burning down bosses in one go and post high numbers, and none of the bosses in mazzatun allows you to do that.

you can kill the turtle before the first charge. need pretty high (as in can also nuke rakkhat) damage, though.

on topic:
    i really dislike WGT and spindle, for the sole reason how long it took me to farm the bloodspawn + spc stuff i needed (long time ago, still hate those two beyond reason)
    Edited by Kas on April 3, 2017 3:26PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others