Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

4,000 Crown Mundus Stones

Stormahawk
Stormahawk
✭✭✭✭
Why are the Mundus Stones available as Crown only for 4,000 Crowns? All other services-based items such as crafting stations and target dummies have the option of being attained with Writ Vouchers. Crown-only Mundus Stones very inconsistent to the current system and look like a blatant cash grab. There are currently 13 Mundus Stones, and obtaining all for your home (or guild home) will cost 52,000 Crowns, which is $400 after tax!

Having a Mundus Stone available in your home can save you maybe 30 seconds on the very rare occasion you actually need to use it (I haven't needed to use one in 6 months myself). However, having it available in the writ voucher vendor (perhaps as an Attunable Mundus Stone) will create a goal for players to work towards, meaning people will have additional reasons to play the game, and the Crown option will be a lot less off-putting.

In other words, would I ever spend $43 on a single Mundus stone that may be obsolete in 2 months due to a build nerf? Hell no. Would I have additional reason log in daily and do writs if I could get them on the vendor? Hell yes.

The Mundus Stone needs to be added to the writ voucher vendor. Currently, 4,000 Crowns as the only way to obtain one is ridiculous.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what? Did they just add this thing?

Yeah would not mind having a mundus in the courtyard but not for 4k crowns :wink:
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
    Options
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this actually true? If so that's absolutely horrific! writ vouchers aren't in demand as it as and charging 4000 crowns for a mundus stone is pure B.S. $400 or just travel to the mundus stone, hmmm tough one!
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mcb123 wrote: »
    Is this actually true? If so that's absolutely horrific! writ vouchers aren't in demand as it as and charging 4000 crowns for a mundus stone is pure B.S. $400 or just travel to the mundus stone, hmmm tough one!

less with crown sales and less floating decimals.

but basically that shot down my plans for a beach with all 12.
    Edited by STEVIL on May 26, 2017 1:34PM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's true.

Yeah they dropped the ball on this one not being a writ voucher purchase. If they want to keep writs in demand they need to be adding stuff like this to that store so people desire them more.

I am fine with items being available for Crowns but they should also be available in game.

So far housing is already turning into everything I hated about SWTOR. Make something people want, don't let it drop in game, force people to spend RL money upgrading the house.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    Stormahawk wrote: »

Having a Mundus Stone available in your home can save you maybe 30 seconds on the very rare occasion you actually need to use it (I haven't needed to use one in 6 months myself).

Exactly!!! Haven’t used one in six months! Then why would you want to buy Mundus Stone?
    I mean spare 30 seconds in 6 months < 4000 crowns.

Options
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember them being 1K on the PTS?

In that case, I was going to buy 2. Now I'm not buying any.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaand there go my plans for building a shrine to the Guardian signs utilizing their stones. Guess I'll just have to stick with my little offering bowl in front of the Craglorn tapestry and call it a day...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually mind the prices but this is pure greed. They actually said in one ESO live that they were thinking about adding an option to be able to change mundus effects on the fly once discovered.

1000 - 1500 crowns is reasonable. I expect they will go down in price as I can't see many people buying them.
    Edited by lunalitetempler on May 26, 2017 1:49PM
    Options
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so happy my company doesn't have the same marketing employees than Zenimax because otherwise I would have lost my job
    K1 The Big Monkey
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... if I want to have my guild hall provide full functionality to members, I need to spend MY OWN ACTUAL IRL MONEY????

Thanks a lot for nothing Zenimax. Apologies to my guild members, but I'm retired, I can't afford to provide these until they are available on the writ vendor.

Am NOT happy with Zenimax that they have made my ability to provide facilities for my guild dependent upon my IRL income.
    Edited by Epona222 on May 26, 2017 1:48PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Twice Born Star = 8-12k crowns.

Yikes.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milkbox wrote: »
    I remember them being 1K on the PTS?

In that case, I was going to buy 2. Now I'm not buying any.

afaik the prices on the PTS are normalized according to rarity, and on Live they're tailored however marketing saw fit.

Hefty price for a minor convenience.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no need for mundus stones in my house. Its not like I change them every day or something
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn that's a shame, I was considering buying one (or several) but not at that price! Not that I even need it for convenience, I just thought it would look nice in my courtyard. Oh well, yet another overpriced item that I won't be buying.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee, I wonder when Crypt of Hearts for the house will be available for crowns?
    Just roll out of bed and farm. lol
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you buy this? What mundus stone doesn't have one of it's 4 copies 10 seconds from a way-shrine? It's a vanity item, let them extract their pound of flesh from the obsessive compulsive.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown Store prices are becoming ridiculously high. Those 1500 crowns I get from my sub have been seriously devalued.

Come to think of it, Crown Store prices are the only thing getting a buff nowadays.
    Options
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has become a scam to rip off their player base.
    Options
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    As usual, if you don't like the price then don't buy it.

That being said, I don't see how anyone would pay that much for such a minor convenience. At least the merchant/banker are regularly useful. How often do people swap Mundus stones?

I think maybe someone fat fingered the wrong price. It doesn't really make much sense unless they think people value the aesthetics.
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. Cool, but overpriced. I could maybe see all Mundus Stones for that price and even then, who changes all that much?
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can charge whatever they want for this crap in their greedy store, but it all needs to also be available in game.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting. I had not thought of offering mundus to he placed In homes. It's a good idea.

My thought on threads of this nature is some like the idea but just don't want to spend crowns. Cool new mount but not wanting to spend 30 $ for it type of thing.
    Options
  • wahoozie
    wahoozie
    ✭✭✭
    ...4k?? Isn't that like almost 2 full previous dlc's for something thats 10 seconds from a wayshrine? Zenimax, are you doing ok? Like finacially? Honestly feels like it's beyond "greed" and more like "leech on the compulsive" to stay afloat.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has become a scam to rip off their player base.

If you were talking about things people actually need, I might agree with you. But these are really only (overpriced) decorations.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anastasov wrote: »
    Stormahawk wrote: »

Having a Mundus Stone available in your home can save you maybe 30 seconds on the very rare occasion you actually need to use it (I haven't needed to use one in 6 months myself).

Exactly!!! Haven’t used one in six months! Then why would you want to buy Mundus Stone?
    I mean spare 30 seconds in 6 months < 4000 crowns.

I think many disagree.
    And it saves more than 30 seconds....

Perhaps think about people who change gear and builds especially those using Twice Born Star set which is how I think about this topic.

Also for those who do Trials and PvP who swap mundus and gear as well as changing their skill bars daily or weekly.

The only thought is....are they real stones or just decoration.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 26, 2017 2:39PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • odtnow
    odtnow
    Soul Shriven
    elder capital online
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice Born Star = 8-12k crowns.

Yikes.

At least this.....
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greedy company. Yeah as always "don't like the price, don't buy it" right? I won't be a victim.

This game feels like a cash grab in the current state.
    Options
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they made non-functional Mundus stones available in-game for gold, like an achievement for finding all of them in every zone and such.
    But for guilds who have gone through all the trouble already to make useful spaces for their members, and possibly already spent money on the larger homes like Earthtear Cavern and Grand Topal Hideaway it sucks that you can't get functional Mundus stones in-game for writ vouchers.

Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on May 26, 2017 2:47PM
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see these available to earn some way in game, but it really doesn't bother me. I am just thankful attuned stations were not crown store/crown store only items.

Seeing these makes me wonder if it means there will be real guild halls coming soon(ish).
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options