Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

4,000 Crown Mundus Stones

• krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    The cost of one is much too high. While I'm willing to spend crowns on a lot of things, something that is used only when a build changes, is not worth the cost. I would though, use writs to buy one. I think an attunable option, like the crafting stations should be added.

Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    Personally, I think they look awesome.
    stones.png

Wow you bought 2 jeese, rich person
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    Proof that they only care about money. 4000 crowns for mundus stones just as they release morrowind? They're taking the....

they need to be available to purchase with writ vouchers

What else would they care about? It's a business not a church.

That being said, the price is too damn high!
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Which are the two stones most often used with Twice-Born Star?

Watch out! They've got one on the hook for $80!!

I'm so glad I decided to quit this game. The crown store crap is getting ridiculous.

Seems like you didn't really quit.

Oh I quit alright. I read the forums to remind myself how this game is an addiction fueling money sucker. And to read everyone's justifications of Zos ripping them off completely. It helps me to stay away from playing.

You won't see it now. But eventually you will and you'll realize I am right. They give not one single care about any of us. It's all about the $$$$$ and they know it.

You'll see, one day. Just like I did. Then when you read all this garbage justification you'll laugh like I do and realize how awful it is. It got me hard, just like many others.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

So far housing is already turning into everything I hated about SWTOR. Make something people want, don't let it drop in game, force people to spend RL money upgrading the house.

Exactly.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not surprised.

I purposely never invested in a Player House when they announced Player Storage "didn't make the cut" with how much stuff they were apparently adding in Homestead.

The purpose of Homestead is to milk as much money as possible (both gold and irl money) from players. This Mundus thing is completely expected. It is not meant to be a really cool feature for convenience unless you pay exorbitant prices on the Crown Store.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anastasov wrote: »
    Stormahawk wrote: »

Having a Mundus Stone available in your home can save you maybe 30 seconds on the very rare occasion you actually need to use it (I haven't needed to use one in 6 months myself).

Exactly!!! Haven’t used one in six months! Then why would you want to buy Mundus Stone?
    I mean spare 30 seconds in 6 months < 4000 crowns.

I think many disagree.
    And it saves more than 30 seconds....

Perhaps think about people who change gear and builds especially those using Twice Born Star set which is how I think about this topic.

Also for those who do Trials and PvP who swap mundus and gear as well as changing their skill bars daily or weekly.

The only thought is....are they real stones or just decoration.

Changing gear doesn't always mean changing mundus. There is very little convenience in having a Mundus in your house.

Do I think it's overpriced? Definitely. Do I care? No. It is such a small thing that I could care less.

I would think most players don't change their mundus weekly. Imo, most don't change it monthly.

Be glad they are sticking to worthless convenience items.

Sure it would be better if it was also obtainable thorough in game but it's not a huge deal.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy the Thief stone, because basically no matter what you're doing in the game - it's the most logical choice of stones - the others give trash bonuses.

Yes, there should be a way to get them in-game like through the legendary furnisher for 200-300k each or for 50 writs each.

Not gonna sit here and be salty though. It's really not a major inconvenience to go and get them in-game, and the time they save is trivial - when I start a new alt I go to Eastmarch right away and grab the stone I want - literally takes me 2-3 minutes to do even on a slow mount.

There's just no reason for this is in the first place, let alone a reason to be upset about it outside of the fact they aren't available by in-game means. The price isn't the issue imo, the lack of options is. Even the crafting tables were expensive imo, and also the price differences made no sense - but atleast you could buy them in-game.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    I'll buy the Thief stone, because basically no matter what you're doing in the game - it's the most logical choice of stones - the others give trash bonuses.

Yes, there should be a way to get them in-game like through the legendary furnisher for 200-300k each or for 50 writs each.

Not gonna sit here and be salty though. It's really not a major inconvenience to go and get them in-game, and the time they save is trivial - when I start a new alt I go to Eastmarch right away and grab the stone I want - literally takes me 2-3 minutes to do even on a slow mount.

There's just no reason for this is in the first place, let alone a reason to be upset about it outside of the fact they aren't available by in-game means. The price isn't the issue imo, the lack of options is. Even the crafting tables were expensive imo, and also the price differences made no sense - but atleast you could buy them in-game.

$40 for a stone. Wow.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    Anastasov wrote: »

Having a Mundus Stone available in your home can save you maybe 30 seconds on the very rare occasion you actually need to use it (I haven't needed to use one in 6 months myself).

Exactly!!! Haven’t used one in six months! Then why would you want to buy Mundus Stone?
    I mean spare 30 seconds in 6 months < 4000 crowns.

I think many disagree.
    And it saves more than 30 seconds....

Perhaps think about people who change gear and builds especially those using Twice Born Star set which is how I think about this topic.

Also for those who do Trials and PvP who swap mundus and gear as well as changing their skill bars daily or weekly.

The only thought is....are they real stones or just decoration.

Changing gear doesn't always mean changing mundus. There is very little convenience in having a Mundus in your house.

Do I think it's overpriced? Definitely. Do I care? No. It is such a small thing that I could care less.

I would think most players don't change their mundus weekly. Imo, most don't change it monthly.

Be glad they are sticking to worthless convenience items.

Sure it would be better if it was also obtainable thorough in game but it's not a huge deal.

Because those players don't play both PvP and PvE. You need regen mundus for PvP and Thief for PvE.

I don't change it because i can't be ***** to change the mundus every hour or less when jumping from PvP to PvE and vice versa, so I have to DPS with Atronach and accept that I won't be optimal for PvE content and be happy with my sub 22k DPS selfbuffed.

Worthless? Well, ZoS, do you realize that people who play both PvP and PvE are the people who fully support your decision of not balancing PvP and PvE separately? Why do you want to screw your most loyal supporters of your game design?
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on May 29, 2017 2:14PM
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    Owch. I'd need 3 of these to really make it useful. Definitely going to have to travel around still to change my mundus. :'(
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭
    At least give us a stone with a drop down to select which buff to use would MAYBE make them worth 4000 crowns !!
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These should be legendary praxes instead, with high material cost (possibly materials available only in Craglorn's trials). Crown-only furniture are a scam, especially as there are already so few functional pieces of furniture available in the first place.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to break it to you guys: he is trolling you all. There is no nor will be a special mundus-stone of any kind in the crown-store.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would never be prepared to spend real-life money on something I can easily achieve in game with less than 5 minutes effort. For heck's sake, why can't we have visual-only mundus stones that we can buy from achievement vendor, say, for discovering each of them, that we can put in our houses. I'd like to be able to put them in my house because they're visually appealing, but they're not appealing enough to spend real money on.
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As one who does ALOT of Theorycrafting, i find myself changing around on Mundus and Race quite often (Mundus more often of course). I would love to have Mundus Stones available easily (would just need like 5-6 different ones tbh.) and would gladly pay maybe 100k gold ingame for each. But 4000 crowns? nah..
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    Sorry to break it to you guys: he is trolling you all. There is no nor will be a special mundus-stone of any kind in the crown-store.

Sorry to break it to you, but, yes, in the Furnishing Editor, Crown Items, there are all 13 Mundus stones available for 4k crowns each.
    I have the Ebonheart Chateau for our Guild Hall and would LOVE to have these for guildies, but at 4,000 crowns each?? Hell no!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • mikeabboudb14_ESO
    mikeabboudb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ahh first world problems
  • mikeabboudb14_ESO
    mikeabboudb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why are the Mundus Stones available as Crown only for 4,000 Crowns? All other services-based items such as crafting stations and target dummies have the option of being attained with Writ Vouchers. Crown-only Mundus Stones very inconsistent to the current system and look like a blatant cash grab. There are currently 13 Mundus Stones, and obtaining all for your home (or guild home) will cost 52,000 Crowns, which is $400 after tax!

Having a Mundus Stone available in your home can save you maybe 30 seconds on the very rare occasion you actually need to use it (I haven't needed to use one in 6 months myself). However, having it available in the writ voucher vendor (perhaps as an Attunable Mundus Stone) will create a goal for players to work towards, meaning people will have additional reasons to play the game, and the Crown option will be a lot less off-putting.

In other words, would I ever spend $43 on a single Mundus stone that may be obsolete in 2 months due to a build nerf? Hell no. Would I have additional reason log in daily and do writs if I could get them on the vendor? Hell yes.

The Mundus Stone needs to be added to the writ voucher vendor. Currently, 4,000 Crowns as the only way to obtain one is ridiculous.

you know guys its all a big money grab, its all a big waste of money and time. Enough with the posts that things are too expensive in a digital game. None of its real and in all sincerity you shouldn't be spending this much money on a game like this. When they turn off the lights in a few years where is all the money then, where is all the nice pretty home you decorated now, where is that uber skilled nightblade or sorcerer or what not then. its just a freaking game treat it like the small diversion it is. There are way more important things then mundus stones. if you have the funds for 4000 crowns donate them to a group that feeds the hungry or provides real homes to the homeless. Everytime you think you can afford 4000 crowns for another digital dohicky donate the money to something real. So in the meantime buy a sub and wait a few months and ZOS will have given you 4000 crowns
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are the Mundus Stones available as Crown only for 4,000 Crowns? All other services-based items such as crafting stations and target dummies have the option of being attained with Writ Vouchers. Crown-only Mundus Stones very inconsistent to the current system and look like a blatant cash grab. There are currently 13 Mundus Stones, and obtaining all for your home (or guild home) will cost 52,000 Crowns, which is $400 after tax!

Having a Mundus Stone available in your home can save you maybe 30 seconds on the very rare occasion you actually need to use it (I haven't needed to use one in 6 months myself). However, having it available in the writ voucher vendor (perhaps as an Attunable Mundus Stone) will create a goal for players to work towards, meaning people will have additional reasons to play the game, and the Crown option will be a lot less off-putting.

In other words, would I ever spend $43 on a single Mundus stone that may be obsolete in 2 months due to a build nerf? Hell no. Would I have additional reason log in daily and do writs if I could get them on the vendor? Hell yes.

The Mundus Stone needs to be added to the writ voucher vendor. Currently, 4,000 Crowns as the only way to obtain one is ridiculous.

Where have u seen mundus stones in crown store? I can not see on PS4
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. Zenimax would make more money if they sold them for 1 or 2 k. 4k is a bit pricy for what little convenience you get out of it.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They don't show up in the normal crown store you got to go to your house and go to house editor to see all the house items they sell
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't buy it.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Might have to wait till June 6th maybe since your on console??
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mundus Stones are now in the Services category like crafting stations and target dummies. They are now the only Services Crown Store item without a writ-voucher version. This is very inconsistent.
  • TalonKnight
    TalonKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting how not many want a 1 AH, but yet our houses are becoming a 1 stop for everything....
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't usually mind the prices but this is pure greed. They actually said in one ESO live that they were thinking about adding an option to be able to change mundus effects on the fly once discovered.

1000 - 1500 crowns is reasonable. I expect they will go down in price as I can't see many people buying them.

Has anything ever had it's crown priced lowered outside of a very limited time offer or sale? Nothing in housing has had a price decrease as far as I'm aware and there are many, many ridiculously priced items in there. Same for motifs. They can't be selling many 5k dwemer motifs, yet it's still there for 5k.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on May 31, 2017 5:21PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always find it silly when people talk about a functional item costing more than a DLC when pure vanity items like mounts cost the same.

That being said, I can't imagine many of these will be sold at that price. But they clearly want to produce a lot of high end stuff for whales and I have no problem with that.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 11, 2018 7:18PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    I always find it silly when people talk about a functional item costing more than a DLC when pure vanity items like mounts cost the same.

That being said, I can't imagine many of these will be sold at that price. But they clearly want to produce a lot of high end stuff for whales and I have no problem with that.

For what though? I can't see much improvements where you can see that cash being ploughed back into the game. Cyrodiil is still a mess, there are still broken quests and a host of other ***. Oh, they're using that cash to make more content, content they are charging us for, so that makes no sense either. The sales of morrowind will be what they're looking for to offset the production costs and more.

The servers are getting worse again if anything, so I find it difficult to believe that's where a lot of the whales cash is going to.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on May 31, 2017 5:26PM