The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

4,000 Crown Mundus Stones

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they are NOT in Rollis?

That really is very weird. This has got to be a bug!

Vouchers are kind of useless after a while if you do daily writs. You get everything pretty quickly.

Why not put the stones there? Make then cost a lot of vouchers, but give us the option!
    Options
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anastasov wrote: »
    Stormahawk wrote: »

Having a Mundus Stone available in your home can save you maybe 30 seconds on the very rare occasion you actually need to use it (I haven't needed to use one in 6 months myself).

Exactly!!! Haven’t used one in six months! Then why would you want to buy Mundus Stone?
    I mean spare 30 seconds in 6 months < 4000 crowns.

Alot of people change their mundas stone very often aswell. Some will go back and forth between 2, changing for PVE and PVP. But, it's not that hard to just go teleport to them lol.
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
    Options
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    I will never spend crowns on a mundas stone but if a wayshrine or writ boards show up in the crown store I might bite!
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they were at 1000 crowns then I may have considerd getting a few of them for my house, but 4000 crowns? No freaking way. I'll just make the trip to get the individual stones closest to a wayshrine.
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't call it greed, it just isn't worth it to me.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually mind the prices but this is pure greed. They actually said in one ESO live that they were thinking about adding an option to be able to change mundus effects on the fly once discovered.

1000 - 1500 crowns is reasonable. I expect they will go down in price as I can't see many people buying them.

Haven't read post after this, but as a ESO+ subber it makes sense to charge around 1500 or maybe less (as there are still more then one stone in this game).

It is easier to spend several small sum over a long periode and in the end actally pay more then one large (4000 Crown) and be done with it.

Most subber will still purchase crowns for upgrades and other items in store, so it is not necessarily a good way to increase sale by going in this direction where most new item cost 4000 Crowns.
    Options
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which are the two stones most often used with Twice-Born Star?
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they made non-functional Mundus stones available in-game for gold, like an achievement for finding all of them in every zone and such.
    But for guilds who have gone through all the trouble already to make useful spaces for their members, and possibly already spent money on the larger homes like Earthtear Cavern and Grand Topal Hideaway it sucks that you can't get functional Mundus stones in-game for writ vouchers.

Why not also for gold?
    It's for sale via real money....
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, what did you folks expect with the way they've been going lately? Its just going to keep getting worse. I don't know who is in charge of the store and pricing in it but they have been fleecing people for a while now and it seems $40 is their new $15.
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

but basically that shot down my plans for a beach with all 12.

Kind of an Easter Island theme? I like the idea - too bad they made it and unattainable goal for you.

Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium, or The Thief?

TG and DB, or The Serpent?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Watch out! They've got one on the hook for $80!!

I'm so glad I decided to quit this game. The crown store crap is getting ridiculous.
    Options
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe...just don't buy them?
    Options
  • Delgent
    Delgent
    ✭✭✭
    It's Crown Store stuff, convenience and cosmetics...it doesn't affect my gameplay at all. I've subbed from the start, I stocked up on crowns during the sale (have 30K+), and my 6 month renews next month. I could afford to buy the 4k items, but I don't, because it's not worth it to me. However, I still enjoy playing the game, and there isn't anything I MUST buy from the Crown Store to be on the same playing field as everyone else.

So...who cares. The tantrums get old. One of the reasons I am financially secure IRL is because I value my money and evaluate my purchases. It's why I don't throw my money at crates, not a smart use of my money, others do, good for them. Everyone values this stuff differently, your valuation analysis is no more right or wrong than mine or the person who throws a bunch of crowns at crates.

ZOS has their analytics and know if this stuff sells well or not. I would have spent money on wizard hats, but since they were only in crates, I had no chance to get one since I wasn't willing to pay an undefined price to obtain one. I might pay 1K crowns for one, but definitely not more. That's what it'd be worth to me. Others might pay more, which is fine.

As long as they don't go P2W, I expect I'll be here to play. The one good thing about them overcharging (in my opinion) for this stuff, is I won't have to spend as much on crowns moving forward since they aren't giving me much to consider buying.

TLDR - The best way to get your dissatisfaction across? Don't buy it if you don't think it's worth it. They'll either adjust their business model, or run it into the ground...we don't have a lot of say in the matter other than the money that stays in our wallets.
    To live for good is to die in the name of honor.
    SEEK AND DESTROY
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    mcb123 wrote: »
    Is this actually true? If so that's absolutely horrific! writ vouchers aren't in demand as it as and charging 4000 crowns for a mundus stone is pure B.S. $400 or just travel to the mundus stone, hmmm tough one!

less with crown sales and less floating decimals.

but basically that shot down my plans for a beach with all 12.

There's no way to justify ZoS's action in this case.

Just no way.

This is just...

Well i am speechless.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
    Options
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    I agree this is absolutely ridiculous pricing. Did I want one (or three)? Yes. I have two characters who run TBS and Mundus stones at my home would definitely be convenient, but they priced this way outside the point I'd consider a fair value. The fact it is ONLY available in the Crown Store is also a travesty. Very customer-unfriendly, ZOS, and I don't normally say that.

NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delgent wrote: »
    It's Crown Store stuff, convenience and cosmetics...it doesn't affect my gameplay at all. I've subbed from the start, I stocked up on crowns during the sale (have 30K+), and my 6 month renews next month. I could afford to buy the 4k items, but I don't, because it's not worth it to me. However, I still enjoy playing the game, and there isn't anything I MUST buy from the Crown Store to be on the same playing field as everyone else.

So...who cares. The tantrums get old. One of the reasons I am financially secure IRL is because I value my money and evaluate my purchases. It's why I don't throw my money at crates, not a smart use of my money, others do, good for them. Everyone values this stuff differently, your valuation analysis is no more right or wrong than mine or the person who throws a bunch of crowns at crates.

ZOS has their analytics and know if this stuff sells well or not. I would have spent money on wizard hats, but since they were only in crates, I had no chance to get one since I wasn't willing to pay an undefined price to obtain one. I might pay 1K crowns for one, but definitely not more. That's what it'd be worth to me. Others might pay more, which is fine.

As long as they don't go P2W, I expect I'll be here to play. The one good thing about them overcharging (in my opinion) for this stuff, is I won't have to spend as much on crowns moving forward since they aren't giving me much to consider buying.

TLDR - The best way to get your dissatisfaction across? Don't buy it if you don't think it's worth it. They'll either adjust their business model, or run it into the ground...we don't have a lot of say in the matter other than the money that stays in our wallets.

This does affect your gameplay if you play both PvE and PvP. Reason: If you play both PvE and PvP, you are forced to switch between Thief and Atronach/Serpent to be optimal. So you have two choices you can make: spend time switching mundus every hour to be optimal or stick with one mundus and be less effective. You might be saying "but you can still get the mundus without paying, how does it affect your performance?". The thing is: you make the same decision regarding BiS gear. You either spend time farming to be optimal, or you don't spend time and be less effective. But, no one has an option to not spend time and still be optimal by buying BIS gear from crownstore. Ok sure you can still spend time switching mundus to be as optimal as someone who pays 4000 crowns, so how about we sell sharp vMA inferno in crownstore? You can still spend time farming vMA to be as effective as someone who buys the damn staff from crownstore!
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »

Watch out! They've got one on the hook for $80!!

I'm so glad I decided to quit this game. The crown store crap is getting ridiculous.

Seems like you didn't really quit.
    Options
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    I'd vote for a set of them that don't actually work. :) So I can add them to my house for decorations...
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS can do whatever they want with their game, I don't really care. But anyone paying 4k+ for this has some serious issues.

Think about it. You have to port to your house to use them. So, you could just as easily port to a shrine closes to the the mundus stone you want to use. Pick someone in your guild roster who is in the zone in question, right-click them, and teleport. Free wayshrine discovery.

If you are a total noob just google a map of all wayshrines. There are duplicates of each in all the 3 factions. Pick a zone where it is closest to a wayshrine, check your guild roster. Then once you have the shrine you can port back as easily as porting to your house.

The crafting bag is convenient. Buying mundus stones is just insane! This sort of thing makes me glad I haven't even unlocked the starter home yet!

Tons of things that are only available from the weekly vendor or Crown store will ensure I never will. Too much catch-up work that I can never catch up on will make me say "screw it." If it isn't available in-game, unless it is a really unique costume or mount or something, I don't need or want it.

Edited by Phinix1 on May 26, 2017 7:22PM
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, thief and atro would be a huge time saver for anyone that spends an equal amount of time in PvP and PvE. I would buy them for 2k each. 4k...no.

There needs to be a way to earn them.
    Edited by timidobserver on May 26, 2017 7:25PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Jtj87
    Jtj87
    ✭✭✭
    Add it to the list of outrageous pricing, yeah some of the other stuff doesn't affect your gameplay like the mundus stone one but 45 bucks for mounts, 100 bucks for homes, battlegrounds and warden slapped on for 40 bucks that has the same content that we use to pay 15 bucks a month for. What will it take for them to realize? I've been supporting this game since the beginning but I've just about had enough of this.
    Options
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    I'd happily pay 4000 crowns for a wayshrine (nice idea agn231)
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSlarg wrote: »

Just to save 135g manually porting? Uh, no thanks. I'd rather just vendor 2 junk items from killing monsters than spend $40 bucks on such a thing.

To each their own I guess. :)
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought about this one for a long time... there are times it would be nice to have the Thief, Shadow, and Attronach in a convenient place. Especially for testing DPS. I would be saving 2 load screens and some walking/riding per test.

In the end I opted for "No", mainly because I have mixed feelings about the way combat is right now and I may be retiring from Tamriel altogether soon if ZoS doesn't correct some things. I may just enjoy the quests and occasional 4 man dungeons with friends and stop doing trials and PvP and I don't need to perfect my skill rotations and maximize damage for that.

Personally I think they would sell more if they sold them for less since it is a minor inconvenience, but that was their choice I guess...

I'm sure if they do offer Mundus Stones in game it will be behind a huge grind of RNG and writ vouchers, so that most will give up and pay the $40...

Playing since beta...
    Options
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell they figure if they can milk folks out of 4k crowns off re-skinned horses and kagouti (sp?) they can get more folks on these. Before long they'll charge you 1k crowns to make a damn withdraw from your bank. I get it, they need to make money for the longevity of the game and as a paying subscriber I feel I help with that but these crown store prices are getting out of hand. Maybe they can include in my sub a little lube in the form of some lower crown store prices...
    Options
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    SSlarg wrote: »

Just to save 135g manually porting? Uh, no thanks. I'd rather just vendor 2 junk items from killing monsters than spend $40 bucks on such a thing.

To each their own I guess. :)

no not to save gold, I just want one at my house lol.
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
    Options
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proof that they only care about money. 4000 crowns for mundus stones just as they release morrowind? They're taking the....

they need to be available to purchase with writ vouchers
    Options
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think they look awesome.
    stones.png
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭