Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your favorite BG mode? And why?

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domination
    Domination, because for whatever reason I've ALWAYS loved domination/control point matches in pvp games.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Domination
    In my opinion, putting all game modes on the same map was a mistake. For deathmatch it doesn't really matter, but for example I think the maps are way too small for a capture the flag mechanic. One stun + snare and major expedition and you have the flag secure at your home base.

They need to design seperate maps for each different game mode. Look at Warhammer Online and some of the mechanics they have in their 'scenario's'. Or look at other games like SWTOR. This just feels half assed once again.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domination
    Rickter wrote: »
    Ive only been put in Deathmatch. . . and Ive always been Fire Drakes. . .

played about 5 matches. cant group queue. something is broken - went back to normal cyro and got 80k ap in the time it would take BGs 40 matches to obtain.

The ap rewards for bgs are abysmal indeed - especially when cyro basically guarantees 50k+ an hour even when soloing.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Killing ftw.

Capture the flag is all about having a nb orc with the new coward set/immovability potions and outrun everybody who tries to stop you.

• Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Death match- it's very chaotic and fun.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • bronski
    bronski
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    I actually had a really enjoyable game of CTF that was 2v2v2. Was basically the only game of it I enjoyed because there werent people just perma dodging fights to try and get behind for scrolls. Domination is great except Ive seen some similar builds of people just trying to perma dodge fights and only PvFlag.

wish 2v2v2 was an option. They should also add custom matches so tourney could be organized. and maybe a spectator mode, but thats probably asking too much since after the hotfix i cant even get in :/
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Deathmatch is my favorite, and really the only mode that exists for me because thats inevitably what all the other game types end up becoming for me lol.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domination
    Domination encourages full map play. Next would be ctf. It gets interesting when you get a relic but your relic has also been taken. Deathmatch is only good on the volcano map, otherwise it can be hard to find the fight.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Cyrodiil > BGs.

Don't like fun to be interrupted because some timer is up.

I agree 'Cyrodiil > BGs' but that doesn't mean BGs are not fun too!
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    CtF/Domination would be more fun in 4v4v4 all organised groups where we're not trying to avoid fighting. People wanted BGs for small scale fighting, not small scale capturing flags. The objectives would be really nice with organised groups, but at the moment that isn't possible so those 2 gamemodes are meh.
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    AAbrigo wrote: »
    Killing ftw.

Capture the flag is all about having a nb orc with the new coward set/immovability potions and outrun everybody who tries to stop you.

This. Half my CTF games are some orc trying to play Forza in eso. If relics aren't going to require a pickup mechanic then they need to negate all movement speed buffs on the player. No sense playing defense. The only way to get a team to stop holding sprint is to make sure they never have their own relic. Then they don't know what to do. Still doesn't mean you can get your own relic back when the guy just runs at the sight of any enemy.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Capture the Flag
    apparently it's my fave because it's all i ever get
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domination
    I have no instagib abilities and a finisher, and I don't want to slot radiant, so I suck at Deathmatch. I'm too templarish (=immobile) and not a healbotting tank, so I suck at Capture the Flag.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture the Flag
    Deathmatch amplifies any team imbalances. Premade with a healer vs 4 randoms = game over before the match even begins. CTF at least makes players to split up a bit.
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    I like when the queue pops and it actually lets me join so I can play a BG.
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Deathmatch! With domination a sure second.

CTF, though... 90% of the time I can sprint around with major expedition pots and get enough flags in a instant. only ever gets interesting if all flags have left bases. I'm not sure if I have ever not won the mode, but it never felt good winning. It's a lot liek "questing": sprint from objective to objective and ignore everything this should actually be around.

To some extend, the problem extends to Domination: fighting makes you lose. Stomping weak players or focusing others while outnumbering them may be useful, but good fights make you lose the BG. Just assume a really nice 4v4 that last for a minute or something. The thrid team can just easily win the BG in that time. Imho CTF and Domination just don't work too well with three factions. CTF where the relic is picked up without any channel, brings this problem to the max.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Ok new favorite: any one that works :lol:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Aki-Ral
    Aki-Ral
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't even played BG yet, all I heard is that there are issues/bugs/endless que...Is that still the case?
    EU - PC
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    You forgot to add fishing mode in between matches. The best way to get master angler is to que up for BG
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Aki-Ral wrote: »
    I haven't even played BG yet, all I heard is that there are issues/bugs/endless que...Is that still the case?

It depends how many people are queuing. If there are a lot of people queued, and you are solo, then your queue usually pops within 10 seconds. If it is late at night and there are not many other people queued, then it takes longer and sometimes there are not even enough people for 2v2v2, in which case if any team drops below 2 players a loading screen kicks you back out to PVE.
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    bronski wrote: »
    I actually had a really enjoyable game of CTF that was 2v2v2. Was basically the only game of it I enjoyed because there werent people just perma dodging fights to try and get behind for scrolls. Domination is great except Ive seen some similar builds of people just trying to perma dodge fights and only PvFlag.

wish 2v2v2 was an option. They should also add custom matches so tourney could be organized. and maybe a spectator mode, but thats probably asking too much since after the hotfix i cant even get in :/

Tournaments will never be a thing when people are able to animate cancel and macro. Can you imagine it now. The top 2 players square off and 1 button is hit but 8 abilities from a two hander go off in under a second and the winner is the best keyboard macro programmer.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite battleground is "I can't queue with my friends" mode

What this guy said.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    fun, fun, fun

everything is good but flag games
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Greyhame
    Greyhame
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch
    At first I thought CTF and Domination were silly but after playing with a group of guildmates for a while both modes got pretty fun. Once you start coordinating and getting the swing of the different modes they are all pretty fun.
    Greyhame
    [PS4][NA][Ebonheart Pact]
    [SVER True Bloods]
    [Elder Skrubs]
    [Skooma Syndicate]
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Domination
    Ok after a couple weeks with it I change my vote, death match is all I'm really interested in playing at this point.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    I just want to fight people
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK