The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Soul Strike needs a look at

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    The main issue with soulassault is:

40% of the people instantly begin to dodge multiple times when i use it.
    40% still try to bash me when i use it.
    5% are stamplar stamdk in medium not utilizing a sword and board bar and just die.
    15% are none of the beforementioned and know how to render it completely useless.

What i want to say is: If you´re not a medium armor user that is Templar or DK soulassault is a l2p issue. Especially on nightblades.

I think even the medium armor templars and DKs should have no problem outputting more damage on an unblocking target than the soul assault does during it's channel time(especially if they also use an ultimate), making it a net loss for the soul assault caster.

To be fair - when i soulassault someone they have entropy, 2x burning, curse and mages wrath on them and most likely eaten a blocked fragment or are in the process of cc breaking/dodging and i´m standing comfortably in a circle of mines.
    Soulassault alone has a tooltip of ~95k dmg.
    It does hurt a lot on anyone not wearing heavy.

Yeah right, but that has more to do with stacking various damage sources than with just soul assault itself. Not everyone is a sorc in cyrodiil (yet :wink: )
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    Doesn't soul assault slow the player while taking all that damage? Make it so you can bash them, they are already ranged using it...plus they can block and stop the ult(I think) to react throughout a fight. Soul assault in no cp sounds like a goooood thing.

Not sure if i understood correctly what you mean, but soul assault can not be bashed.
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    G0ku wrote: »

5% are stamplar stamdk in medium not utilizing a sword and board bar and just die.
    15% are none of the beforementioned and know how to render it completely useless.

What i want to say is: If you´re not a medium armor user that is Templar or DK soulassault is a l2p issue. Especially on nightblades.

this skill is completely useless until they fix the purge bug or you know how to choose your fights and only battle potatoes, right

Don't worry I made a video about it and healing ward not working properly and they are supposedly fixing soul Assault next update. It was in pts 3.0.0.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/328155/soul-assault-broken-with-video#latest

good job
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think even the medium armor templars and DKs should have no problem outputting more damage on an unblocking target than the soul assault does during it's channel time(especially if they also use an ultimate), making it a net loss for the soul assault caster.

To be fair - when i soulassault someone they have entropy, 2x burning, curse and mages wrath on them and most likely eaten a blocked fragment or are in the process of cc breaking/dodging and i´m standing comfortably in a circle of mines.

Yeah right, but that has more to do with stacking various damage sources than with just soul assault itself. Not everyone is a sorc in cyrodiil (yet :wink: )

Well a NB is more dangerous than a sorc when they have 3 dots running alongside soulassault classpassive critdmg and skoria.
    A templar outperforms everything else i´ve seen.

So out of 4 classes sorc comes 3rd or 4th when looking at lolassault efficiency - bc i honestly can´t comment on DKs i´ve never seen one use it.
    What exactly do you want to say :smiley:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well a NB is more dangerous than a sorc when they have 3 dots running alongside soulassault classpassive critdmg and skoria.
    A templar outperforms everything else i´ve seen.

So out of 4 classes sorc comes 3rd or 4th when looking at lolassault efficiency - bc i honestly can´t comment on DKs i´ve never seen one use it.
    What exactly do you want to say :smiley:

Have I ganked you before lmao.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To be even more fair I dont use any of that (except poison injection) on stam build lacking CP to boost it and everytime medium user drops to 80% hp they just melt away. While for many it is l2p issue, I as a user of it do not really feel like I need to l2p to use it effectively. It is soooo easy to kill with this I feel dirty. This 85 ultimate (on sorc anyway) that kills most medium armor builds (which then rewards you with 20ulti back) does feel pretty too strong (even more if you compare it with bow ulti that works in same way, except its worse in everything)

There are many ways to boost the results, by CCing the target, aplying many executes and DoTS or waiting till they have low HP. But most of the time it is not really needed. Any medium armor build will die or be close to death after it anyway and if they survive it you will have it back in no time and then you can care about better use.
    Edited by SodanTok on April 28, 2017 10:58PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To be even more fair I dont use any of that (except poison injection) on stam build lacking CP to boost it and everytime medium user drops to 80% hp they just melt away. While for many it is l2p issue, I as a user of it do not really feel like I need to l2p to use it effectively. It is soooo easy to kill with this I feel dirty. This 85 ultimate (on sorc anyway) that kills most medium armor builds (which then rewards you with 20ulti back) does feel pretty too strong (even more if you compare it with bow ulti that works in same way, except its worse in everything)

There are many ways to boost the results, by CCing the target, aplying many executes and DoTS or waiting till they have low HP. But most of the time it is not really needed. Any medium armor build will die or be close to death after it anyway and if they survive it you will have it back in no time and then you can care about better use.

This was exactly the reason they buffed it. Before a light armor target had to wait until meteor was available to try and burst someone down that constantly dodge rolled. While he got 2 dawnbreakers before 1 meteor would be available. Almost 4 incaps.

Bow ultimate being worse is only the poison morph. The other with the turret is crazy strong. Especially on nightblade with fear or jabs.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

This was exactly the reason they buffed it. Before a light armor target had to wait until meteor was available to try and burst someone down that constantly dodge rolled. While he got 2 dawnbreakers before 1 meteor would be available. Almost 4 incaps.

Bow ultimate being worse is only the poison morph. The other with the turret is crazy strong. Especially on nightblade with fear or jabs.

I think there should be some middle ground between tho. Its too cheap and powerful for what it does and it will be even worse next patch with blocking cost changes.

Bow ultimate being worse are actually both morphs fyi. The fear ballista combo is the only combo that came even close to what I am feeling from soul assault currently (obviously i am very small and biased sample). I havent used soul assault on NB but on my stamsorc, ballista, even with damage boost by CP and hawk eye passive and sorc passives was less average damage per cast than soul. Mostly because people CC in a second and then rest of the ulti (over 60%) go full defensive either by shield spamming, dodge spamming, block holding or the best one - cloaking.
    While heavy and sorcs do both even on soul assault it still delivers +/- same pressure for half the cost of ballista.

From the other side of the fence. I have yet to die to ballista since its existence, but on medium NB I die fair amount of times to soul assault (ok, not directly soul assault, but the zerg that followed on it while i was holding block and moving at snail speed -> something that ballista could never do)
    Edited by SodanTok on April 28, 2017 11:24PM
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking more, I cancel SA a lot anyway when the game changes shields aren't burning, there's a dizzying swing in your face, their mate arrived etc. In that regard its useless. You'd be better off with a meteor or destruction ult.

Where it most useful I find is as punishment for getting in close, if you attack me your not blocking. if you are then I'm at least healing over time and restoring.

just regurgitate my issue with it, If the player did push through me. I shouldn't automatically turn or have SA continue at all or at the very least out the back of my head : P

Edited by Goshua on April 29, 2017 12:44AM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got hit by a 24k Soul assault last night.

Seems balanced. *facepalm".
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

TBH getting hit for that much usually means you failed to block at least 90% of the damage.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

TBH getting hit for that much usually means you failed to block at least 90% of the damage.

The funny part is I broke line of sight and it wasn't on me very long.

Really was a moot point. I play straight up so the other 10 got me anyway.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It won't become any stronger than other ults, coz everything that didn't double-dip from CP before now will, while Assault won't triple-dip. It will reduce gap in damage not to Asault favour.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if you had a 180 degree LOS on soul assault like the new breath of life in PTS. I say it is fair.

I could get behind this.

Edit: hmmmmm never mind. Just had a thought, gap closer + roll dodge = pretty hard counter.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on May 4, 2017 7:28PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

yestarday i have tested with a friend SA on PTS , firts of all , it should not be used on a target with 100% of health ...but when the enemy is at 60% or under 60% of health; you can block and spam vigor and potion but you die , no way .I was a stam DK in heavy full buffed.

If then to use it is a magicka templar Always paired with SA + radiant D.

nerfed heavy armour that's right , All changing to stamina should also be made to some build-magicka-sets And some ultimately used by the magicka classes as SA or Ulti destro staff

SA must come back as before ; interruptible

P.S

on Azura SA Gives you the kill at 100%
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yestarday i have tested with a friend SA on PTS , firts of all , it should not be used on a target with 100% of health ...but when the enemy is at 60% or under 60% of health; you can block and spam vigor and potion but you die , no way .I was a stam DK in heavy full buffed.

If then to use it is a magicka templar Always paired with SA + radiant D.

nerfed heavy armour that's right , All changing to stamina should also be made to some build-magicka-sets And some ultimately used by the magicka classes as SA or Ulti destro staff

SA must come back as before ; interruptible

P.S

on Azura SA Gives you the kill at 100%

And if you are not alone it gives you kill 100% on TF too. There is great power in forcing 12k resist builds with high stam regen, no block cost reduction and high dodgeroll cost reduction relying on vigor only to spend 4 seconds of eating huge damage both from SA and any other attacker while completely shutting down his regen and even losing half of that stamina for blocking. Next patch will be fun.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use SA a lot. It's essentially a burning noob magic shotgun that destroys people who try and overwhelm opponents with close range attacks.

Oh, you're gonna wrecking blow me and hope I die in your hurricane. Please enjoy this blue beam to your face from 1 foot away that you won't be bothered to block since offense was your whole plan. And for those people who really want to die because they refuse to regroup after their gank went sideways, enjoy this Radiant Oppression that I just swap cancelled to.

A lot of people see this and respond with "I'd melt you brah cause I totally know how to (fill in the blank counter)" but in reality 70% of Cyrodiil only knows how to panic. This move clears them out so you can focus on the good players.