The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crystal Frags getting nerfed from 20% to 10%

• DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not even know what to think anymore, this entire thing is baffling, no one suggested this like at all.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    I think we can still do better ZoS. Shields should be critible and not stack with healing ward in order to make mag sorc more aligned with the rest of the class defining skills that you nerfed to the ground except any mag sorc class defining skills.

The above request will make that happen.

Also nerf necropotence just like you did to the rest of the sets such as pirate tatters, warlock, black rose, and desert rose that worked for so many classes so why should mag sorcs still have the privilege of having their OP set untouched?

In other words - for those that don't play a Sorc and don't know how to fight against them - just burn the whole class to the ground?

Gotcha - will be sure to forward this dribble to ZOS for immediate lol's.

What are you talking about?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure they needed nerfs, but I was more thinking of shields and dark exchange'ish...hmm

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good nerf imo
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like bonus damage is in the crosshairs, dont matter what class it is.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better delete everything and make all classes spam force pulse and that's it.

Force Pulse...ha...that's so April 2017....get with the times and practice your Heavy Attack spam :)
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Wrobel, when your wife asks you to throw some burgers on the grill do you instead put hotdogs in the toaster?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crystal frags is not what kills me.
    what kills me is that after i unload all i got into a sorc while he keeps spamming his shields and casting mass 10,000 lightning on me over and over and over and im not able to invis = im dead and it happens within a few seconds.
    i saw NO frags cast at me, none.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Aw poor sorcs....

Cause 20K damage from one hit in Cyrodiil after the 50% damage reduction isnt OP

You guys got NB nerfed to the ground.
    Take some of your own medicine for a change

Learn 2 Dodge, reflect, block, miats pvp cheats like everyone else in cyrodiil.....

i cant think of an ability that is more easily avoidable than frags
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YOU
    WHAT ???

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs needed adjustment, but I really don't know if frags is where that adjustment needed to happen.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    .... Did somebody just throw a dart at a spinning wheel with random sorc abilities and passives on it to decide what to nerf?

This is a very odd choice of things to "address".
    Edited by Pepper8Jack on April 29, 2017 2:26AM
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How zos managed eventually to irritate all classes (except warden of course which is not yet here) is beyond any imagination. I thought for a second sorcs would be out of the equation hehe, I guessed wrong.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad, I found my peace and am ready to play a warden.
    42k tooltip dot over 10 seconds, much more burst potential than Sorc with Fissure and Eternal Guardian :D Why would I need my Sorc anyway ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Insanepirate01
    Insanepirate01
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of rejoicing at a nerf people should be worried about the direction this game is heading in. Every nerf so far has done nothing to improve the game. They're basically pushing all the classes to behave the same. Soon we'll all be heavy attacking in PvE while using the same skills with different animations for each class. Fun times
  • Sensei_Brew
    Sensei_Brew
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Unnecessary. Nobody was asking for it, people were complaining about dark deal.
    Sorcerers don't have MANY burst option as they claim, they only have 2 in fact and that's all they have. If they can't burst a target, then what should they do ?

I think it's a stupid change and not needed at all.

Only 2? How many burst options do you need?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers don't have MANY burst option as they claim, they only have 2 in fact and that's all they have. If they can't burst a target, then what should they do ?

Nightblade has 2 as well, templar can have 2 as well. Only Dk is stuck with 1 class burst as it seems.

So where is Sorc special ? They don't have any more burst options than other classes + their burst does not reach the damage spikes of Nightblade and Warden is going to outperform Sorc burst as well.

Sorc burst is very mediocre in fact, while having pretty low dps in pvp because Sorc dps is not easily used vs moving targets. So all they have is their mediocre burst and this is getting nerfed now (???) Makes 0 sense to me.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Sensei_Brew
    Sensei_Brew
    ✭✭

Nightblade has 2 as well, templar can have 2 as well. Only Dk is stuck with 1 class burst as it seems.

So where is Sorc special ? They don't have any more burst options than other classes + their burst does not reach the damage spikes of Nightblade and Warden is going to outperform Sorc burst as well.

Sorc burst is very mediocre in fact, while having pretty low dps in pvp because Sorc dps is not easily used vs moving targets. So all they have is their mediocre burst and this is getting nerfed now (???) Makes 0 sense to me.

I play Xbox so maybe pc gameplay is different but sorcs hit very hard in pvp....Not mediocre at all....Especially if they are skilled players
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Stupid nerf nobody asked for

• Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    hmm, whit the elegance set i can make my heavy destro attacks hit almost as hard as my frag procs currently.
    whit a 10% nerf to frag proc dmg i think elegance heavy attacks will win.
    so what to choose? a costly ability whit rare chance of procs? or the easy spamable heavy attack build that gives me resources back rather than spending them?

Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araviel2 wrote: »
    hmm, whit the elegance set i can make my heavy destro attacks hit almost as hard as my frag procs currently.
    so what to choose? a costly ability whit rare chance of procs? or the easy spamable heavy attack build that gives me resources back rather than spending them?

+ The staff cp now goes up to 35% and gives a much higher bonus than elemental expert.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    Araviel2 wrote: »

+ The staff cp now goes up to 35% and gives a much higher bonus than elemental expert.

ah right, and we also got Master-at-Arms, so what are we talking about 20k+ destro heavy attacks you recon?
    if so then we can fill up all our 3 bars whit wards, buffs, pets and CC's, clench, encase,defensive runes ect. just skip those silly damage skills.
    dosn't sound broken at all to me.
    Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!
    I mean just look at this chart:
    OZQS9dt.jpg
    Please don't nerf Sorc. #SorcLivesMatters
    I'm sorry but you just won the internet with that one.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love the counter argument for this.

"This move is easy to dodge it doesn't need a nerf."
    If it was so easy, then the damage could be increase to 100% and it wouldn't matter cause it''s "easy to dodge".
    "But a good Sorc knows when to use Frags so it'll hit"
    So it's NOT easy to dodge? Make up your mind Sorcs.

Honestly, this won't even matter as Sorcs are still going to hit like trucks and be top in practically all fields of play.
    Argonian forever
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesssssssssssss

How u like that u sorcs??

Feel good???

No it doesnt does it?

DEAL WITH IT

:p
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fa la la la la la. It's Christmas time here in Nerftopia. I hope Nerfa Claus comes tonight.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a NB, and to me this is sad, because somewhat misapplied nerfs are sad.

That said this is pretty LOL!!!!! :) I mean ZOS sees all the threads about everyone switching to SORCs, so they have to take a shot at SORCs to ensure the OPness of the WARDEN, and your purchase of Morrowind to access the class?

They already got my money and sub when I found out David Zeb Cook has been involved in the development (you know, "ZEB" of TSR fame!). No need for more nerfs ZOS, you've already got my money.

When 75% of players play one class it should tell you something bud.

75% of people dont just "happen" to like sorc features and play style.

They do it because its easy and has most dps by far with a simple rotation.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesssssssssssss

Feel good???

No it doesnt does it?

DEAL WITH IT

lol, i doubt sorc even feel it at all lol.
    why ?
    well simple. because ..
    the only time i see sorc use crystal frag is when they sneak people or that enemy not know there's a frag being thrown at them and knocks them down.
    in straight up pvp fight toe to toe a sorc uses steak to knock people down (usually)
    and the nerf to it of 10% less damage lol ? i bet they are laughing right now and could care less. and i don't blame them. it's basically like a slap on the finger. (slap was so light it didn't even make it to the wrist)
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesssssssssssss

Feel good???

No it doesnt does it?

DEAL WITH IT

lol, i doubt sorc even feel it at all lol.
    why ?
    well simple. because ..
    the only time i see sorc use crystal frag is when they sneak people or that enemy not know there's a frag being thrown at them and knocks them down.
    in straight up pvp fight toe to toe a sorc uses steak to knock people down (usually)
    and the nerf to it of 10% less damage lol ? i bet they are laughing right now and could care less. and i don't blame them. it's basically like a slap on the finger. (slap was so light it didn't even make it to the wrist)

Well they obviously care based off these comments.. lol
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Wrobel, when your wife asks you to throw some burgers on the grill do you instead put hotdogs in the toaster?

:lol::lol: