The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crystal Frags getting nerfed from 20% to 10%

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From this thread, you can tells who were the trolls who aimed at nothing else than nerfing sorcs because they're just bitter.

I made fun of all the sorc propaganda trying to spin how even though they were the only classes not getting nerf that somehow they were and it's the class is very strong.

But this "fix" is just dumb and does not address what I think are the core issues regarding the sorcerer class. Give me a break, it's a slow moving conditional projectile that has tons of counterplay; if anything I'd like to see this buffed since the majority of crystal frags launch at me wind up hitting the sorc!

It's just a nerf for nerf's sake because ZoS does not know how to blaance anything aside from just throwing some nerfs against the wall and hoping stuff sticks.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw poor sorcs....

Cause 20K damage from one hit in Cyrodiil after the 50% damage reduction isnt OP

You guys got NB nerfed to the ground.
    Take some of your own medicine for a change
    Edited by Katahdin on April 28, 2017 9:21PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bramir wrote: »
    What a joke...so all the non-max CP sorcerers who weren't seeing anywhere near the damage people are exaggerating on the forums just lost the ability to kill anyone unless they get absurdly lucky with procs?

I think I'll try the other morph and just give up on single target damage...

I know, they nerf the 99% because of the 1%. I really don't get their reasoning.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    New players won't even notice if they never played before.
    New players will notice if they keep getting killed every five seconds because the only offensive ability they have early in the game can't kill anything. :/

You must be joking. Having just started a new Sorcerer, Frags up until level 20 took 50% off of any basic mobs health. A heavy attack and Fury finishes them off easily. And it just gets easier as you level.

New players won't notice any difference whatsoever.

End-game players on the other hand will notice a dip in DPS if they use this skill on proc.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Aw poor sorcs....

Cause 20K damage from one hit in Cyrodiil after the 50% damage reduction isnt OP

You guys got NB nerfed to the ground.
    Take some of your own medicine for a change

I wish my frags hit for 20k...
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Awesome.

I don't understand why people are happy because of this nerf? Only because from now ALL the classes will be weak? When community is so happy about incoming nerfs to one class, then developers are making them EVEN MORE, to all other classes.

What about stop nerfing every class in the game and celebrating that sorc will be weaker? What about start telling developers to BUFF other classes to be as strong as sorc is?

People like this are the reason why we are getting huge nerfs every 6 moths. Reactions like this clearly shows to developers that players LIKE nerfs.

Good job.

Awesome.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Oh please. Cry me a river. Welcome to magicka nb hell. We've had nothing but nerfs since 1.5/1.6. You get a free double proc curse, rediculous shields, dark deal, and insane burst. You guys crying about a nerf? Lol.

And crap like this is just part of the problem. Instead of advocating or promoting nerfs, let's revert nerfs/ give buffs.

As far as I can tell you are crying about nerfs to another class in a thread that has nothing to do with nbs.

So stop crying and let's work together to get all the nerfs reverted.
  • Sinkas
    Sinkas
    ✭✭✭
    Still not enough.>:)
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait where is this at? I don't see any new patch notes or official threads about this?

Edit: Oh was this on ESO live? I missed it, any other news?
    Edited by Blackfyre20 on April 28, 2017 9:59PM
    Buff Soft Caps
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!
    I mean just look at this chart:
    OZQS9dt.jpg
    Please don't nerf Sorc. #SorcLivesMatters
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it . You point to them straight at the problems . Removing major mending from Templar . Changing major mending to only last shield duration on DK . The syphoning strikes problem with resources returned and they nerf Crystal Shards . What is going on ?

It's called making the game more focus on what ur doing in the battlefield. ZOS wants to make it like cp won't matter much in which it's now fix since gods years. And since sorc can substain from dark deal then it's good. Does players complain about Stam sorcs hurricane? I don't think so. And players complain about mag sorc cause they got more survivability for a magic class wearing light armor. Like it's really simple look at pros and the cons on each class. If they have too much damage or substain. Then try to nerf one or the other. I don't use igneous shield on my DK. I use molten armaments for heavy attack damage and weaving my attacks and skills while I do it.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Sn1per0
    Sn1per0
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone always says ''give buffs, not nerfs'' but if we are always giving buffs then the game becomes even more stale then it already is.
    I am in support of things that bring the GAME into balance.

As of now (not PTS) the game is way out of balance in both PvE and PvP.
    ZOS THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!
    I mean just look at this chart:
    OZQS9dt.jpg
    Please don't nerf Sorc. #SorcLivesMatters

LOL this is so true
    Edited by Sn1per0 on April 28, 2017 10:05PM
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From this thread, you can tells who were the trolls who aimed at nothing else than nerfing sorcs because they're just bitter.

I made fun of all the sorc propaganda trying to spin how even though they were the only classes not getting nerf that somehow they were and it's the class is very strong.

But this "fix" is just dumb and does not address what I think are the core issues regarding the sorcerer class. Give me a break, it's a slow moving conditional projectile that has tons of counterplay; if anything I'd like to see this buffed since the majority of crystal frags launch at me wind up hitting the sorc!

It's just a nerf for nerf's sake because ZoS does not know how to blaance anything aside from just throwing some nerfs against the wall and hoping stuff sticks.

Completely agree. I was calling for nerfs to Sorc on the pts forum (specifically, shields), but this nerf is just nonesense.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This nerf aint gonna change anything, sorcs is still the op meta class and no other class is even Close to them. Loved when they talked about nightblades. "we are aware and looking into it" ?!?!?! Nightblades been worse of the worse for a looooong time and they are looking into it. Dont expect any buffs for nightblades for many months to comes and if they come it will be buffs so they can play stealthy in pve ?!?! ZoS seems to use mushrooms not only for warden abilities. And all nightblade healers out there, they talked about you aswell on live, hello, hello, anyone there?
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    But crystal shard is our main damage and key ability and for how easy to avoid it is, it should hit hard.
    "Our"?

I don't use CS in my rotation. Takes too long to proc and the 0.09% chance of an instant cast isn't worth it.

It's supposed to be a spell, not a crutch.

I don't mind if the spell is being nerfed, but a zero cast time would be helpful. Then, I'd see some value of it in my rotation.

Of course you don't care if it is being nerfed, because by your own admission you don't use it.

Most mag sorcs I play with do use it. How does zos continue on with the nerf hammer after seeing as much backlash as has been shown.

I am not one to say this game is dead or dieing but they sure know how to place the game in that direction.

Wish everyone played all the classes, then maybe so many people wouldn't cry for nerfs all the time.

I also don't understand how people find it enjoyable when the fun is taken out of other people's game.

To all the people saying it's ok because whatever class was nerfed or that it's good because x class was nerfed, newsflash other people playing sorcs, nbs, dks, or templars didn't nerf the class you play, zos did.

Btw where did you come up with .09%?
    Edited by alexkdd99 on April 28, 2017 10:18PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    soon all we'll have left to attack each other is harsh language in chat...

about that harsh language... ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i33DX9Wjd7E

about that harsh language... ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i33DX9Wjd7E
    I was hoping this would have been
    game-over-man-game-over.jpg
    Bill Paxton R.I.P :(

yo @QuebraRegra , yo @Takes-No-Prisoner ...man, I'm a serious sucker for some deft (and dank :)) references...

very, very nice work from you both...

ugh, speaking of work - someone, somewhere come take me away and rescue me please...
    https://youtu.be/SiJROFftRQw
    Edited by geonsocal on April 28, 2017 10:34PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Drayzon
    Drayzon
    ✭✭✭
    I say about time sorc had some form of dps nerf, they been at the top of pve dps for too long
    2300+CP

#BuffArgonians
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmmm.....
    Well, as misguided and nonsensical as the pointless nerfs other classes got....
    The logic of it really does make me smirk. Or, rather, trying to find the logic of it.
    Meanwhile....*shrug. As a sorc I will still have it slotted, still use it when it profs, still roll dodge to hide the animation at throwing it....
    Should feel about the same.
    Maybe because I play on non CP and a hard hitting drag of mine hits for maybe 7 or 9K tops. On a crit against no resistances. But frogs was never a kill shot move for me. Timing with curse is big for getting them in the danger range, but it seems like a pointless nerfs that doesn't really change anything in my game and a few weeks after morrowind is released I won't even remember it's been changed.
    So yeah. It will effect my game subtly I'm sure. It feels a bit like increasing the 3 point line in basketball by .0000001 inches though.

Oh...almost forgot.
    Sorcs unplayable. #buffsorcs
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a nerf. It's a skill adjustment. :trollface:
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its ok sorcs will always be the most untouched op class...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You know what makes me bitter about this nerf? It's the hundred of post, where people asked for a new class (especially necro) and the answer we gave them: LET ZOS BALANCE CURRENT CLASSES BEFORE JUMPING INTO A 5TH CLASS...

Well, the 5th class has come and balance is nowhere near. They are completely redesigning the game in 2 months, shifting from the DPS run to a res management run just to make the Warden playable, because that's their main objective, make it a playable endgame option. And they look like a kid who had not done his homework during the weekend, trying to save himself within the 15 minutes before the class starts on Monday. Pathetic.

They've had months to work on PTS regarding balance, with people who really care about the game, and what have they done? Nothing. They come here with their brilliant ideas trying to convince us we can run a car race at a dead end-

And they want us to pay for that...

I'm done... no reason to go to Vvanderfell (except for that wonderful game Bethesda released 15 years ago, which will have it's anniversary next week)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we can still do better ZoS. Shields should be critible and not stack with healing ward in order to make mag sorc more aligned with the rest of the class defining skills that you nerfed to the ground except any mag sorc class defining skills.

The above request will make that happen.

Also nerf necropotence just like you did to the rest of the sets such as pirate tatters, warlock, black rose, and desert rose that worked for so many classes so why should mag sorcs still have the privilege of having their OP set untouched?
    Edited by Kalante on April 28, 2017 11:17PM
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooooh lord. The sorc tears will blot out the sun!

This right here is a prime example why this community is such *** right now.

ever since it went free to play. i want a game where kids arent allowed
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerfing an ability thats already 100% avoidable.

how about removing the purple hands visual now or speeding up the projectile now?
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better delete everything and make all classes spam force pulse and that's it.

This. Why buff destro damage and force pulse in one patch and then nerf class skills the next? I hate to be that guy, but I predicted this when I first saw the patch notes for update 13. It was pretty obvious that 8% more single target damage would overtune sorcs in pvp, and it's also pretty obvious that zos wouldn't consider reverting such a huge buff. That leaves the old sorcs skills as fair game for nerfs. Update 13 killed the game for me.
    PC | EU
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *scratches head* Idk about PvP, but with PvE? Like... don't care much?

Crystal Frags never were our main damaging ability. If they are, you're doing something wrong. Tested it recently - 3rd place in terms of dealing damage (proofpic: http://imgur.com/a/5FPdd ). So... whatever.

P. S. Before anyone starts crying about low-DPS and hence not knowing what I talk about - I'm 390CP :) For 390CP in Julianos I'm doing quite well, I believe :)

Edited by Dantaria on April 28, 2017 11:07PM
    English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wouldnt a better solution be to Nerf the damage increase sorcs get from dual wielding instead....
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no one ever bitched about frags from a staff sorc..
    Edited by Malamar1229 on April 28, 2017 11:08PM