The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crystal Frags getting nerfed from 20% to 10%

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone needs to train Wrobel how to balance .
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With ZOS cracking down on sustain, it would make sense for them to nerf this ability due to the 50% reduced cost on proccing it
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome.

I don't understand why people are happy because of this nerf? Only because from now ALL the classes will be weak? When community is so happy about incoming nerfs to one class, then developers are making them EVEN MORE, to all other classes.

What about stop nerfing every class in the game and celebrating that sorc will be weaker? What about start telling developers to BUFF other classes to be as strong as sorc is?

People like this are the reason why we are getting huge nerfs every 6 moths. Reactions like this clearly shows to developers that players LIKE nerfs.

Good job.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Oh please. Cry me a river. Welcome to magicka nb hell. We've had nothing but nerfs since 1.5/1.6. You get a free double proc curse, rediculous shields, dark deal, and insane burst. You guys crying about a nerf? Lol.

Nerf Dark Deal? Sure, I think that's a good idea. Rediculous shields? Not sure they're really subject to redicule, but I definitely feel like shields should not stack.

There are Sorc nerfs that could have been a good idea. A 50% nerf for Frags proc was not among them. I'm not crying; I'll adapt. But I am losing faith, because the change (much like the changes to other classes) is simply bad. It won't accomplish any of the goals they claim to want to accomplish. It just takes an ability off toolbars.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on April 28, 2017 8:11PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this their solution to fixing the broken af proc? Lol. "We noticed our proc doesn't actually work half the time it says it's proc'd so we decided to nerf the actual proc rate so it's less noticeable and feels intended"?

This is silly. If anything, BUFF PvE frags damage and nerf pet damage so we actually need to do a rotation still, not spam heavies all day. They know most stupid op sorc build is already one with no frags nor force shock on bar, right?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Okay, I was wrong. It was 20% to 10%.

So don't call this a 10% nerf. This is a 50% nerf on proc.

It is a 50% nerf on the BONUS damage on proc.

So a 20,000 normal CF, will now hit for 22k instead of 24k when it procs.

For comparison, when they nerfed RD on Templars a 20k tick now hits for 15.8k. That's a true nerf to the b***s.

Still, I agree, wrong skill again ZoS. Dark deal, and shield stack are issues.

That's surprising arithmetic.

I'd think that a reduction from 150% of base damage to 125% of base damage would be 1/6, or approximately 17%.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    It's a free cast when it procs,why wouldn't they nerf it? It's part of the zos "master plan"

Obviously you have no idea about sorc. Its not free cast, the proc has reduced cost by 50%

I do, it's basically costs nothing if you figure in your recovery and class passives.
  • DarkMatter909
    DarkMatter909
    ✭✭✭
    I never relied on this skill heavily anyway so not a big deal to me but totaly not needed. I guess they just wanted to make it seem like they are handing out "balance" to all classes?
    And where did it come from between pts patch notes and today? Who the f was asking for this or thought it was a good idea?
    There are other worlds than these.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know who this hurts? New players who are leveling up sorcerers as their first character.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For comparison, when they nerfed RD on Templars a 20k tick now hits for 15.8k. That's a true nerf to the b***s.

I'd think that a reduction from 150% of base damage to 125% of base damage would be 1/6, or approximately 17%.

You're correct. I made a preposition error. It's not 50% on proc; it's 50% of proc.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it . You point to them straight at the problems . Removing major mending from Templar . Changing major mending to only last shield duration on DK . The syphoning strikes problem with resources returned and they nerf Crystal Shards . What is going on ?
  • Aeerol
    Aeerol
    ✭✭✭
    This is what happens when people cry. Sorcs by themselves are in a good place. They are where every other class should be in terms of balance. Sorcs are only considered OP because of sets provided to them. You start stripping what makes the sorc a sorc, you no longer have a sorc. People complain about shields. So nerf shields or get rid of them. All of sudden no body plays sorc because they can't stay alive. Nerf burst so everyone can hop on the next flavor of the month. To think that people believe zos isn't listening.
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The proc does 20% extra damage, costs 50% less an is instant cast
    It is a reduction of 120% base to 110% base.
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know who this hurts? New players who are leveling up sorcerers as their first character.

New players won't even notice if they never played before.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is totally fine, of course getting nerfed isn't feeling well, but overall this is a good decision.

Just imagine if nightblades could proc merciless resolves into assassin's will without light/heavy attacks, it's around the same tooltip.
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This nerf is silly. Shields/Shield stacking is the problem, not Crystal Frag damage.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Wrekkedd
    Wrekkedd
    ✭✭✭✭
    The drama queens are about to come out in full force...
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel like sorcs are all ready over crying about this nerf in order to avoid further nerfs. 20k proc frag now does 22k instead of 24k.

Yes this is just so horrible.

giphy.gif
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aeerol wrote: »
    This is what happens when people cry. Sorcs by themselves are in a good place. They are where every other class should be in terms of balance. Sorcs are only considered OP because of sets provided to them. You start stripping what makes the sorc a sorc, you no longer have a sorc. People complain about shields. So nerf shields or get rid of them. All of sudden no body plays sorc because they can't stay alive. Nerf burst so everyone can hop on the next flavor of the month. To think that people believe zos isn't listening.

People complaining shouldn't imply stupid decisions, but the opposite.

Now nobody is gonna complain about changes because the punishmet for complaining will be *** the community off.

They are killing this wonderful game...
    Edited by Xvorg on April 28, 2017 8:20PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    They announced this on the live show?

Well I missed it, so....I'm just wondering where this info has come from, the OP is blank with no edit stamp, can't help but think it's a troll post.
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on April 28, 2017 8:23PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooooh lord. The sorc tears will blot out the sun!

giphy.gif

and

tumblr_noys8mkgT11s0my1wo1_250.gif

I brought gifs for everyone!
    Yo, don't jump on me tho, I have a MagSorc and StamSorc ;)
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it hasn't been on yet, so....I'm just wondering where this info has come from, the OP is blank with no edit stamp, can't help but think it's a troll post.

The show started over an hour ago lol
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I missed it, so....I'm just wondering where this info has come from, the OP is blank with no edit stamp, can't help but think it's a troll post.

They announced it on ESO Live on Twitch.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Sorc I'm ok with it.

Adapt and overcome.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also OP, can you tell us who didn't watch ESO live what specifically you are talking about? The base damage of Crystal Frag? or the Proc'ed Buffed version of Crystal Frag?
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone needs to train Wrobel how to balance .

might it be time for someone else to take a turn in that role?
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They announced it on ESO Live on Twitch.

Thanks, the thread title was quite vague and the first post was empty.......EDIT(00:31:40 if you watch the rerun on TwitchTV)
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on April 28, 2017 8:35PM
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now it does seem like sorc is great at everything in PvP - mobility, tankiness, burst, etc. I guess Wrobel decided that of all the things to nerf that he would nerf their burst. Not what I would have done but it is hard to argue that sorcs weren't on top in PvP. Essentially this equates to a ~9% reduction in proc frag damage (they were doing 120% but now doing 110%). Even after this nerf I'm sure sorcs will still be a top dog.
    Edited by bubbygink on April 28, 2017 8:33PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am sure if sorcs QQ enough they will change it from 10% to 30%.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xx

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 29, 2017 5:49AM